Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,997 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Project Management - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Project Management (28992 Views)

How Relevant Is Project Management Certificate In Nigeria / How Does Enterprise Risk Management Apply To Project Management? / Project Management Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Management by cheexy: 12:38am On Mar 23, 2009
I completed my project management training last weekend and i must say, it was very eye opening, educative and fun. It lasted for 2 weekends. I plan to take my exams in May but for now, i am preparing for my mock exams scheduled to take place in two weeks. I am really glad i took the training. Every project management process falls into the following categories:

Initiating
Planning
Executing
Monitoring and Controlling
Closing

Never to exceed customer expectations. It is called goldplaiting, instead of pleasing the customer, you create distrust in his mind.

Guys go ahead and take it, it is worth the price
Re: Project Management by okeyz(m): 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2009
@ cheexy
where the you do ur pmp training?
please do tell
Re: Project Management by cheexy: 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2009
@okeyz

I did mine at the Project Management Academy located at 23 Osolo Way, off Muritala Mohammed International Airport Rd, Ajao Estate, Isolo Lagos. You can email them at info@technologybureau.com

All the best
Re: Project Management by Aare1(m): 7:45am On Oct 04, 2009
@ KASHIF ET AL

i have heard a lot about project management, visited pmi.org but my questions have not been answered, How does a project management certification advance the career of a lawyer. Pls Help !!! sad sad sad
Re: Project Management by Aare1(m): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2009
Aare 1:

@ KASHIF ET AL

i have heard a lot about project management, visited pmi.org but my questions have not been answered, How does a project management certification advance the career of a lawyer. Pls Help !!! sad sad sad
SOMEBODY PLS ANSWER MY QUESTION, WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF THERE'S ANY PMP OR PRINCE2 CERTIFIED LAWYER WHO WOULD SHED MORE LIGHT ON HOW IT BOLSTERS CARRER OPPORTUNITIES

BUT if there's no lawyer can anybody with useful information pls help out THANKS!!!
Re: Project Management by fellabrims: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2009
Hi,
Call 01-9536251 or go to Torque Technologies limited, at 41 Adelabu street, Surulere. Ask of Bunmi or Vanessa. They'll surely answer all your questions.
Or better still send an email to: academy@torquetechnologies.net
You'll never regret making your enquiry, becos their customer service is so tight!
Re: Project Management by PMP: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2009
Visit my PM Certification Mentoring Blog for answers to your questions-http://ritetracpm..com
Re: Project Management by Project4: 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2009
Does this PMP traning include gant chat?
Re: Project Management by lightwalk(m): 12:32am On Oct 13, 2009
Any determined person who wants to study project management on his own can contact me - douglasvan@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management by dejacrue: 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2009
@CHEEXY
How much did u pay for the course?
How long did it take?
Is it on weekdays or weekend?
what was the time frame?

I'm interested. i contacted an institute to take up this course and i was asked to pay N500,000. is it that much? i need other options/alternatives.

thanks.
Re: Project Management by fellabrims: 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2009
@ Dejacrue
PMP is not that expensive. If you have been following this thread, you will see that there are several numbers and emails you could call to get alternatives on the PMP offfer.
Do call 01-9536251 or 08023264119. Vanessa,. Their PMP is N95,000 with the Hard copy of PMBOK. But if do not need the hard copy of the PMBOK it goes for N80,000K. Its a two weekend prorgram (that is Sat & Sun). Within four days you are done. I think their next PMP class is in November. I know this information, because my friend works there, and i too, had my PMP training there.I do hope to take my exams in December, as i have been put through on how to apply.
Al the best!
Re: Project Management by Ibrahym(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
Hello everyone,
does anybody have the new PRINCE2 2009 hard copy or e-copy. Or do you have any idea where I can get it (hopefully free wink)
I would like to have it to prepare for my examination early next year.
Ppleas contact me on ibrahym@mail.com.
Thanks Thanks Thanks
Re: Project Management by kkkossy(m): 5:15am On Dec 12, 2009
I studied industrial productn engr in school,iv jst graduated.i wnt 2 do my masters on project management,is it important i do the pmp or prince2 training? Does any1 knw where i cn get a pmp trainin in surulere? Contacts are necesary.pls help
Re: Project Management by wolesamson: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2009
@kkkossy,

i will rather advise you to go for CAPM 1st, this will put u inline with what project and Project Management Methodogies are all about and aquaints u with the processes as well. this is one fact that u cannot go into doing PMP straight without meeting up with all the requirements as u are a fresh graduate. but with CAPM, u r not required to av any experience.

good luck.
Re: Project Management by kkkossy(m): 6:13am On Dec 14, 2009
@wole,hw much does it cost 4 d training? And where cn i do it in lagos?
Re: Project Management by wolesamson: 6:34am On Dec 14, 2009
well, am not in 9ja at the moment, so i cant say correctly as i learnt that lots of training institute had springed up. Though, i had to come down to Nigera to have my training too bicos it a lot cheaper doing it in 9ja. U can make a finding on ProConsult. she is a single trainer and had had over 28 yrs of working experience in d US as a Project Manager. i did my training with from her in 2007 den it was 210k for PMP and 150k for CAPM. so i may not be in d best position to answer ur question as per where n how much. In any case, if u dont mind, i can help u to make enquiries abt dt from her as i had refered somany people to her, and more so, i plan coming home for xmas, i can link u up with her if u r so willing bicos she is a very busy woman.
Re: Project Management by kchelsea: 8:14am On Dec 15, 2009
@kkkossy, I just finished my own training this last weekend @ JK michaels in ikeja, it cost 80,000 and is for 2 weekends to cover the 35hrs requested for by PMI. The training was mouth full. More so after completion of your training with them, you will write a mock exam, this mock exam will determin ur level of understanding of the PMP. wish you good luck as you proceed to know how to use project management as a methodology in processing a project. This is d number to call in case u're interested. call Oyin on 08033596025, and u can also check there website @ wwwjkmichaelsconsulting.com. Good Luck.
Re: Project Management by kkkossy(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2009
@kchealsea, u mean u paid 80k 4 jst a 2wkend training. Mehn! Dats way 2 expensive.
Re: Project Management by PMP: 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2009
In 2010,take your career to the next level get your globally
recognized professional project management training from Ritetrac Consulting Nigeria Ltd.

For more details please see attached.Happy Holidays!!!

Re: Project Management by aieromon(m): 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2009
When is the next exam scheduled to take place?
Re: Project Management by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 28, 2009
Hi guys!!!!

I am a professional Project Manager/Trainer and Consultant

I have been pondering on the future of Project Management.

What do you think the future will look like?

How will the profession emerge in the future?

Let me have your thoughts.

Ciao
Re: Project Management by Bowlue: 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2010
dear prince2 certified, i need ur help o, I nid d 'managin a successful project' book or any oda p2 material 4 my self study. any1 in d house willing to help, even if its 4 a token?email; targetbolu@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management by feasy1(m): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2010
kkkossy , you might want to try Cornea Consulting for your PMP Training http://www.cornea-consulting.com/
Re: Project Management by seyibobo(m): 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2010
@All, it has been a wonderful experience going thru all your posts. keep it up.

@ ulohommuno, I enjoy all your well written posts.
I will get it touch with you thru your email add.
Re: Project Management by seyibobo(m): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
akinijde:

Hi guys!!!!

I am a professional Project Manager/Trainer and Consultant

I have been pondering on the future of Project Management.

What do you think the future will look like?

How will the profession emerge in the future?

Let me have your thoughts.

Ciao

Please,somebody answer the questins in bold letters.
Re: Project Management by TrainedM: 5:43am On Jan 13, 2010
PRINCE2 is a non-proprietary method and has emerged worldwide as one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects. This is largely due to the fact that PRINCE2 is truly generic: it can be applied to any project regardless of project scale, type, organisation, geography or culture.

PRINCE2:2009 Refresh: Since 2006, the method has been revised and launched as "PRINCE2:2009 Refresh" on June 16th, 2009. The name "PRINCE2" (instead of "PRINCE3" or similar) is kept to demonstrate that the method remains faithful to its principles.

For inquiries call 08191207191, 07027932933

http://www.skillszone.net/index.html
Re: Project Management by TrainedM: 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
Re: Project Management by Mayshowers: 4:27am On Feb 24, 2010
I sat for my PMP exam in Dec.,2009 and passed.I studied on my own.Guessed I put in about 60hours of self study.

Here are some of the materials I used:

The PMP Exam: How to Pass On Your First Try by Andy Crowe

PM Fastrack exam simulator by Rita Mulcahy

PM Podcasts by Cornelius Flitchner

My believe is that if I can do it you can too.

Mayshowers
Re: Project Management by seyibobo(m): 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2010
What is happenning on this thread?
Is the thread 'dead'?
PM proffessionals, please make it active.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Professional Masters Or Academic Masters? / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.