Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? (14377 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover / Photo: Handover Of Electoral Materials In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Born2beRich1(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2013
One word: Terrible angry
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by playmode(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2013
My friend landed in Nigeria on Saturday from South Africa and he has been calling me complaining like a modafocker. He initially planned to stay in Nigeria for a month but has now reduced his stay to 12 days.He told me Nigeria is worse than he remembered and that all the stories about improvements in the power sector are actually lies.This Dude who has never been without electricity for the past five years only to go back to that dustbin nation and be subject to generator noise,intense heat and generator fumes.FRESH AIR

Nigeria will never progress,no be curse na fact because Nigerians are enemies of progress.Come next election they will go out like the mumus they are and vote for Jonathan again.No wonder the westerners call Nigeria the dustbin of the world inhabited the dumbest humans who keep on repeating the same mistakes without leaning from them. Chai see modern day slaves.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by hybeekay9: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2013
Too badt ooo! @moshalashi Alagbado, Lagos. I'm packing in 3 months
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by xandy84: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2013
Light has been constant in my area of late.. Thanks to GEJ
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by xandy84: 11:06am On Oct 17, 2013
Sometimes, I find it difficult to understand some people like you.. Electricity problem has been around for long in Nigeria and it takes lot of money and time to fix.. Do you expect GEJ to perform magic? you must be a simpleton calling Nigerians mumu bro, you are a bigger mumu is I must say.. Idiota. Smh

playmode: My friend landed in Nigeria on Saturday from South Africa and he has been calling me complaining like a modafocker. He initially planned to stay in Nigeria for a month but has now reduced his stay to 12 days.He told me Nigeria is worse than he remembered and that all the stories about improvements in the power sector are actually lies.This Dude who has never been without electricity for the past five years only to go back to that dustbin nation and be subject to generator noise,intense heat and generator fumes.FRESH AIR

Nigeria will never progress,no be curse na fact because Nigerians are enemies of progress.Come next election they will go out like the mumus they are and vote for Jonathan again.No wonder the westerners call Nigeria the dustbin of the world inhabited the dumbest humans who keep on repeating the same mistakes without leaning from them. Chai see modern day slaves.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by martyns303(m): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2013
My ps3 haven't done a reset for over 3 days now, my Ipad have not gone down below 50% laptop always on charge, I now turn off TV, can u bliv that? I now turn off TV, no more waiting for light, as am typing this now everything is switched off not because there's no light but because I dnt know what to do with the light anymore. PHCN pls take the light ooo, am tired, my eyes are sore from looking at TV screen.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Ikengawo: 11:07am On Oct 17, 2013
playmode: My friend landed in Nigeria on Saturday from South Africa and he has been calling me complaining like a modafocker. He initially planned to stay in Nigeria for a month but has now reduced his stay to 12 days.He told me Nigeria is worse than he remembered and that all the stories about improvements in the power sector are actually lies.This Dude who has never been without electricity for the past five years only to go back to that dustbin nation and be subject to generator noise,intense heat and generator fumes.FRESH AIR

you dont sound like someone who is intelligent enough to pay their light bill. you're also a vibrant and ostentatious liar

1 Like

Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by temithayor: 11:07am On Oct 17, 2013
If I say terrible, its definately an understatement
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by tonididdy(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2013
its gone from best to good in my area...before we had steady light supply but a week before the handover and up till this moments its being poor...we hadly get six hours of light in a whole day.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Wendyslim(f): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2013
9jadelta: magnificent

at least 23 hours the one hour is when there is downpour
it's mostly 24 hours here or may be 5 minutes break

fresh air
. Where u rep
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 17, 2013
Ogah better get ur facts right before posting any stuff its November that the Govt is formaly Handing. Over to the buyers so its still same people running it sir
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 17, 2013
homesteady: It has improved in my area! Before they only bring light from 12:30 - 5 am! But now the light stays till 7am sometimes 8 am! And we also have light in the afternoon
PHCN have stolen all the transformer in my town. No light ever since
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by martyns303(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2013

Dude u gon look nairalanders in the eye (ok not in the eye) and lie like this? Where in SA is ur friend from? Let me burst his bubble and ego.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Adex2087: 11:12am On Oct 17, 2013
Babamide: Them never hand over Phcn for my side. Na still that foolish Mr Wasiu still bring my bill for monday morning. And we have not had light since the weekend.
worse
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by tonididdy(m): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2013
At a dinner table, little mayd was sitting and eating with his parents
then he said to his mum
"Mum, do you know that Angela our house girl is an angel?"
The mother bursted into laughter and said
"What makes you say so?"
"Last night while i was passing through her door, i heard voices so i
decided to peep, i heard her screaming saying Oh God! Ah ah ah,
i'm cumming i'm cumming o. I saw her on top of daddy trying to
fly, if not for daddy that was holding her from behind, she would
have flew back to heaven"
The father collapsed!
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 17, 2013
PHCN has only been handed to investors in paper not physically. How can such an ignorant thread make the front page. Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Mekanze: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2013
At Iju ishaga area is 24hrs light. Thanks to d new investors.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Carsonv(m): 11:22am On Oct 17, 2013
blink182: PHCN has only been handed to investors in paper not physically. How can such an ignorant thread make the front page. Na wa o!

Before you quickly spill your intelligent brain untintelligently, knowledge demands you read everything about the thread before you comment. The op is not blaming the investors you nimrod!

If you're observant enough you'd have known that there are twp causes of erratic power supply, inadequate power and phcn worker sabotage. I'm beaming the spotlight on the latter.

Listen before you speak...or more appropriately, READ before you TYPE!

1 Like

Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Fynestboi: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2013
No change atall even worser.....
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Fynestboi: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2013
Mekanze: At Iju ishaga area is 24hrs light. Thanks to d new investors.

Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Melahou(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2013
formally it was 15- 20 hrs every day
but now they only give 10mins a day to iron ur shirt/cloth.
if you miss that 10mins then you wait till the nxt day.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Sike(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2013
Now i know i ain't alone. We are Nigerian. Awoo!
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by BasseyJ(m): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2013
During the day, there'll not be light but from 08:00pm till about 6am, it's constant. That has been the new arrangement for about a week
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:32am On Oct 17, 2013
A definite marked improvement in my area. But have they formally handed over because its still the same Phcn staff I liaise with till now. Anyway, the Sallah break was fantastic because of this-was watching movies all through. cheesy
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Azedplus(m): 11:33am On Oct 17, 2013
from Monday 14th , it has improved by atleast 85%.during d festival 2days break I can say atleast btw 18-20 hrs daily
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by MeGaStReEt: 11:34am On Oct 17, 2013
I last bought fuel for my Generator over 9 days ago
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Chukkasy(m): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2013
jst steady as usual, gone 4 some hours during d day, but always steady @ nyt
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2013
[b]I still spend 2500 naira everyday on Petrol (25 litres) for my generator..

In fairness, they do bring the light sometimes after midnight. But my law is that if by 10p.m when I am about to sleep there is no light, my Generator will run till daybreak when I go to work as I cant wake up in the middle of the night to change over due to both the achitectural layout of my flat and my deep sleep pattern. The security men in the estate are utterly useless and cant help me with regards to turning off my generator when light comes at night.

Based on this, I can only say that light has started coming in my estate in Oniru, which is an improvement from the 24hrs total blackout I use to experience before. But the above reason still makes me spend money on petrol which I cant fully blame on the new Electricity company. For example, last night, the light went off by 9:30.. I waited till 10:45 before putting on my generator to sleep. I woke up this morning to see that there was Public Power supply.. I couldnt tell what time the light was restored in the middle of the night.

However, for me to rate them properly, I think this method of random power supply should cease immediately. A timed method should be adopted. Tell me what time of the day I will have power and for what duration so that I can better plan myself. This method of bring light today by 1pm, tomorrow by 8, next by 4, e.t.c is rubbish and dosent make for a good assessment of improvement per se. If I am guaranteed 12hours of light a day, every 12 hours, its better for me than this current method of 30mins light now, another 2 hrs power later, anothe 6 hrs another time, back to no light for 3 days straight, e.t.c.. [/b]
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by kashflynn(m): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2013
I wldn't say its steady dough but atleast we do get enough power supply to power d pumping machine so as to get water d next day... So far i have been relieved of d stress of getting money from niebour to purchase fuel to power d gen every weekend.. Gosh so stressful.. But lets give dem 2months from now shaa
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by saifuhot: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2013
Carsonv: I noticed that since the official handover of the unbundled PHCN utilities to investors, power supply in my area has gone from Good to Worst! We go three days straight without power supply. This is in sharp contrast to the 22hours of power we used to enjoy not too long ago!

Right now, I don't know if it's a mechanical or human problem? Are those PHCN workers sabotaging us because some of them haven't received their severance pay?

What's the power supply situation in your area at the moment?
grin
Carsonv: I noticed that since the official handover of the unbundled PHCN utilities to investors, power supply in my area has gone from Good to Worst! We go three days straight without power supply. This is in sharp contrast to the 22hours of power we used to enjoy not too long ago!

Right now, I don't know if it's a mechanical or human problem? Are those PHCN workers sabotaging us because some of them haven't received their severance pay?

What's the power supply situation in your area at the moment?
from excelent to okay. Those in Abj know right
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Abuse: 11:52am On Oct 17, 2013
Since they sold PHCN. They have started doing rationing in several places. Lets just give them some little time and then crucify them.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by saifuhot: 11:52am On Oct 17, 2013
xandy84: Light has been constant in my area of late.. Thanks to GEJ
wait first,Which Area?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East / CSU Vindicates Tinubu, Presidency Insists, Atiku Files Documents Today / Buhari Begs Doctors Not To Go On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.