Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? (14376 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover / Photo: Handover Of Electoral Materials In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by ademutiu: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2013
Hard to believe but that is the truth. I stay in abule egba and power is like 22hrs for now
[quote author=Fynestboi][/quote]
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by born2boink(m): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2013
Heat nearly kill me inside room without electricity, thank God say na 3 windows dey my sitting room. I just dey enjoy life without light. God punish them all
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
phcn is fcukd up
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
phemiteb1: phcn is fcukd up

When last did you pirchase a Newspaper, read or watch the news?!
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Ibitade1993(f): 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Worst!
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by lawbabs: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
Carsonv: I noticed that since the official handover of the unbundled PHCN utilities to investors, power supply in my area has gone from Good to Worst! We go three days straight without power supply. This is in sharp contrast to the 22hours of power we used to enjoy not too long ago!

Right now, I don't know if it's a mechanical or human problem? Are those PHCN workers sabotaging us because some of them haven't received their severance pay?

What's the power supply situation in your area at the moment?

I thought I am the only one experiencing this. It has gone from worse to worst sef. Its more like I am having electricity once in four days. It is terrible. I have spent so much on fuelling my generator since the new investor took over. What a shame... The Pharaoh that knows Joseph not has taken over...
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by tmaigari: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
In my area Kubwa around deeper life church/Movida night club, there still exist serious load shedding, you either have power for 2 days and 1 day no power, with other areas have "light" for one day and none the next. the transition has not yielded any results "yet" as far as I am concerned, Whew...............and God help on your day to have power. I am sick virtually everyday there is no power from excessive generator smoke.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by 2scorehigh(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
Oh wow!

Hmm...this must be a very good dream. I can't even remember the last time I bought fuel for my small gen. We've been having power in my area for about 15 - 19 hours every blessed day for quite sometime now!

Whoever is responsible for this massive improvement, I say "more power to your elbow!"
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Folksyharry(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pls go and read d report again. They were only given Certificate of Ownership. Complete hand over will be from Nov. 1st while workers will be paid before the end of Dec.
So it's still our usual PHCN workers that are there. And I'm sure they would want to use the opportunity they have now to make money for themselves even if they give us power.
But even when the new owners take over administrative and technical duties, the change we're looking for may still take some time to materialize. So just chill my fellow NLers, FRESH AIR is here already.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by blaKKy83(f): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Detonator-rex:
no difference undecided
hmmmmm teribble
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by shubby2010(m): 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
Even though the certificates of ownership has been handed over to the investors,transfer of ownership/interest/physical asset is scheduled to happen latter this month/next month. Pending this perio,we ll keep on seeing the same worker/output.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Fayrouzz(m): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ma generator too don spoil join...
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by saintgwizard(m): 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
Here in kaduna, average of 18 to 23hours. Improved slighty from about 12 to 15 hour a month ago.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by LizzyAnn(f): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
24hrs electricity supply in my area cool
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
I see no changes, wake up in the morning and ask myself
Is life worth living or should I blast myself?
Our leaders dem dey maaad dem no fit help
Na so so thief dem dey thief e be like dem nuh well
Na which kain life be dis? Poor man dey suffer, rich man dey chop cheese
Na who come be d fool? As man no fit go school.
Our leaders suck pass mosquito wey dey carry malaria
No light for my area, oh my Nigeria!
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by JABB(m): 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
Carsonv: I noticed that since the official handover of the unbundled PHCN utilities to investors, power supply in my area has gone from Good to Worst! We go three days straight without power supply. This is in sharp contrast to the 22hours of power we used to enjoy not too long ago!

Right now, I don't know if it's a mechanical or human problem? Are those PHCN workers sabotaging us because some of them haven't received their severance pay?

You are complaining simply becos you don't have light now what about us without light for months.wetin we for do, cry blood abi.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by global07(m): 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2013

6 days now, no light
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by awodman: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
Since after a heavy rain the sunday before last...I have not had light in my area..its almost 2 weeks now
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Edibaby: 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
The light situation is even worse compared to the other days
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Destinymmi: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mouth no fit explain u need 2 cum n stay in my area small so dat u can see things urself
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Bonez3(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
it has been so wonderful.steady light all d way
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by niggi4life(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
Babamide: Them never hand over Phcn for my side. Na still that foolish Mr Wasiu still bring my bill for monday morning. And we have not had light since the weekend.
hahahahahaha
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by walcolm(m): 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
totally appaling
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Abariwiseman: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
Na fresh air, I take dey sleep
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Fabulous36(f): 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
better in my area atleast 18 hours non stop
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by eleojo23: 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nigerians! We do not always hesitate to display our ignorance on how things work. So the handing over of PHCN is now the magic wand to immediate improvement in power? Haven't we heard of procedures and processess involved in making things work? That is why our criticisms are not taken seriously most times because they have elements of ignorance. Let's give PHCN time to get their acts together and see what they can come out with. In this case, process is more important than result. Yes. What is the gain in a result that is shortlived? Let PHCN put things in order first, only let them not take unnecessarily long time to do so.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by 99100(m): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
@op,I thought d official handover of PHCN is sheduled on d 1st of November.Watz ur problem?
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by searay(m): 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
It has. Guys now have power to lift 300kg weight. Even me i don move frpm 200- 250kg. Enough power to carry weight.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by jackymfon: 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
No light, I don tiya for the light situation.

Are you in port harcourt and want online real time tracking of your vehicles, how about the ability to monitor your home from your pc anywhere you are??

well if you are interested in our services for your self or company then send a mail to mfon@primetracknigeria.net or call 07041468713
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by mesutiyke(m): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
Light dey waste for here, Fegge in onitsha anambra state precisely. So there is changes..
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by adex2000ng(m): 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
i do not have any problem about power supply, as long as my inverter and battery bank is fully charged. The sure way out of this mess is to invest inverter, batteries, and solar panels.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by doopsy(f): 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
The light is worse oo,to the extent I rejoice when going to work,AC tins.. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Challenges Keyamo To Name One Project Initiated And Completed By Pmb / BREAKING: Gbajabiamila Summons Finance, Education Ministers, ASUU President / Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.