Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,498 members, 7,843,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa (831 Views)

Biafra Protest In ABIA State, The Boy Killed During Protest - Graphic Photos / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / South Africa Must Fight Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by panafrican(m): 3:19am On Jul 05, 2008
One Continent,one  nation,from Gilbraltar to the Cape of Good Hope, and from Gore Island To  somalia
One passport,one military,one flag.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by SeanT21(f): 3:36am On Jul 05, 2008
It will bring more problem and tribal conflicts. Its better seperated.

I cant imagine the UNITED STATES OF AFRICA.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by abdurrazaq(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2008
panafrican:

One Continent,one nation,from Gilbraltar to the Cape of Good Hope, and from Gore Island To somalia

You must be joking grin grin.When the unification in Nigeria alone is no more accepted by some Nigerians, you are proposing a united Africa. The best thing to stop Xenophobia in Africa is for every African Nations to make their country comfortable enough for their citizens. Not that this would stop migration but, it will add to the respect those citizens get in their country of residence.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by Ibime(m): 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2008
Somehow I don't see myself living peacefully with the Somalians. Nice idea, but it is pipedream.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by panafrican(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2008
It may be very difficult for the first 10 years but after a bumpy start, things will go smoothly. The United states of America has had its own bumpy ride on the road of federalism for decades.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by thando(f): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2008
i agree with abdurrazaq, first make citizens comfortable in their current states then maybe in 80 yrs time or so we could see a UNITED STATES OF AFRICA. maybe we wouln't even have to go that far, just 5 nations in africa in my books is good enuff i.e. Eastern, Western, Southern, Northern and Central Africa. Trust me this type of setting would be perfect and a lil easier for africa coz it wouldn't be too much of a culture shock in that it wouldn't deviate from what ppl were originally used to. Look , countries like Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland with an average population of just 2 million people, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, its long overdue that SADC regions are supposed to be 1 nation.also it doesn't make sense that Ghana and Nigeria are seperate when they so similar (my opinion).

theres way too many boundries in africa we should all gradually start doing away with them.
TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by doyin13(m): 8:57am On Jul 06, 2008
I trust you would agree, economic problems are best solve with economic solutions
not political gerrymandering.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by CH3COO(m): 8:59am On Jul 06, 2008
Lol. Isn't political tampering involved in pretty much everything. It is the reason for the economy being fu[i]c[/i]ked up in the first place, isn't it? doyin
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2008
At no time, in the history of man, has Africa been united or without Boundaries. Infact, if you go around, you will realize that tribal boundaries exist most everywhere in Africa you go. What has pushing for unification of this sort to do with solving anything Please let's start thinking as intelligent human beings would, to solve problems the right way.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by Don1DeMaco: 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2008
panafrican:

One Continent,one nation,from Gilbraltar to the Cape of Good Hope, and from Gore Island To somalia

Stupidity at its highest order probably the most ridiculous thing i've heard all year. One Afica, one nation, one this one dat
Its time people stop fooling around and start using their brains for more productive things or should i say realistic things

Just by the way side, who would be the ruler, or is it leader or president
The oga of AU, or the president of the most populous black nation Yar Dull, or will it be the much celebrated Nelson Mandela or his side kick Thabo Mbeki, or maybe the enfant terrible Robert Mugabe or the longest serving president in Africa Omar Bongo, or u never know it might be the great one from Libya Ghadafi, Charles taylor might also contest the election if its a democratic system we adopt, and i wonder what the national language will be

Swahili, Zulu, English, French, Arabic, Portugese, Yoruba, Hausa, Pidgin English? maybe the real dream of making pidgin english a universal language can be actualized, should i go on or stop cos currency, unified laws, head quaters, capital of US of Africa will be where, military installations, revenue derivation/ sharing, abeg wake up from ur slumber and try to contibute positively in building a beta Africa and stop making careless and unrealistic statements

I would have ignored u but out of nothing really important to do ihave decided to comment to see if i could save another soul waiting to be lost, not dat its not an important gesture, but i have learnt dat they are beta left alone unless u have time to spare,

Think b4 u start a thread, talkless of making a post or else go to the jokes column/ thread
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by panafrican(m): 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2008
You are just angry because somebody else said something you do not agree with? well I clearly understand why you see  that Democracy in the United States of Africa is doomed before the  birth of this federal state.

You 're worried about the fate of English? Good for you, but keep in mind ,English is one language  out of millions. The british empire  was able to spray its  language all over the world because this empire  was mostly involved in drogue business. The whole world knows that  grin

This language is not important to Africa. It even can fade away in  next century  and another language  can take over. Where is latin today?
Even Chinese  swahili  or Guere  could be the next international language.

Who will be the leader ? this is the question that recalls us once again that africans are more enclined to power.
You are  thinking about this  Strong Man who will be in power for life, maybe .
In  the United states of Africa,  the president could be elected for 3 years , the number of terms should be two.
The most important thing here is fiscal responsibility, honest civil  servants, research, civil work, people's welfare,
strong and loyalist military,  accountability, etc. 
Nigeria should support this idea of federalism because it is the only african country that is not at war and that has the biggest number of its citizens in other african countries.Those countries are not all English speaking.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by texazzpete(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2008
@panafrican
Nigeria is an amalgamation of several tribes, and even in Nigeria there's deep-seated antipathy and animosity between members of different tribes.
There's precious little unity even between neighbouring communities.

So now you want to repeat this same experiment on a grand scale. Encompassing an exponential number of tribes, languages and cultures. Not to mention RESOURCES. . .

I could go on and on. But i have to conclude that such a brainless idea does not do your IQ any credit at all.

We cannot comfortably share the oil in Nigeria. Now you want SA to share its resources with Somalia.

You really do not sound very smart at all.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by panafrican(m): 3:06am On Jul 08, 2008
well,the smartest ones with a very high IQ  have fought against federalism in the 1960s even before but still Africa is going nowhere with the small countries we have today  undecided

Europeans are moving towards a stronger Europe.
If we want everybody to love each other before caring about the tremendous challenges ahead  this continent will drop for ever and one day or another our weak countries will be invaded and  overpowered  by  more powerful nations.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by Dakore(f): 4:07am On Jul 08, 2008
yeah right. nice try. come back after the igbos and hausas (same country) are able to live in peace and harmony.
then we can talk about the zulus and the Massai coming to share a same space.

haha. what a wonderful world
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by Don1DeMaco: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2008
panafrican:

What has xenophobia got to do with a Panafrica state cos dat does not mean it would stop the Panafricans of south africa from still killing foreigners only this time they would be asians, or europeans or even americans cos the same problems would still exist.

With the panafrican state it would not be xenophiobia again, but tribalism since we would be from the same country but different tribes, or should i say an extreme case of xenophobia would still exist as in the case of genocide or ethnic cleansing, cos being from the same country does not mean those things would go away, infact it would even be more rampant

I think u need to check ur use of english words b4 starting threads or did ur teacher give u an assignment on making a sentence with the word xenophobia?? cos it just doesnt add up and ur reply to peoples post show u really have limited understanding of the language

why dont u start a new thread with what u think should be the Panafrican state's Lingua Franca
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by panafrican(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2008
Don1DeMaco:

What has xenophobia got to do with a Panafrica state because that does not mean it would stop the Panafricans of south africa from still killing foreigners only this time they would be asians, or europeans or even americans because the same problems would still exist.

With the panafrican state it would not be xenophiobia again, but tribalism since we would be from the same country but different tribes, or should i say an extreme case of xenophobia would still exist as in the case of genocide or ethnic cleansing, because being from the same country does not mean those things would go away, infact it would even be more rampant
In a panafrican federation, Igbo won't be obliged to live near haussa, Tutsi in Rwanda or Burundi will have the opportunity to live far away from Hutu.
Anyway ,Great nations are borned from the use of force. In the years to come a panafrican government in exile will come to life.It takes a strong federal government to give common sense to those who do not want to unite.
We panafricans have the plan and it will work.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by SeanT21(f): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
Panafrican states just will not work.

In Liberia, several tribes hate each other. How will that work when the whole of Africa become one nation?

who will be the president? You know some war is gonna break out over who is gonna be the president of united Africa.
I can picture Charles Taylor vs some other African president. Before you look there will be rumors of war, tribal conflicts, resources conflicts, land conflicts, presidential conflicts, government conflicts,and more.

Let Africa be Divided. Please!!
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by panafrican(m): 5:24am On Jul 09, 2008
SeanT21:

I can picture Charles Taylor vs some other African president. Before you look there will be rumors of war, tribal conflicts, resources conflicts, land conflicts, presidential conflicts, government conflicts,and more.

Let Africa be Divided. Please!!

We even didn't try yet.Let's try something at least then go from there.
French and British fought a 100 -year war,Germany is part of the european union today despite WWII.
Anybody who wins the majority of states will be the president for three or two years.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by SeanT21(f): 6:18am On Jul 09, 2008
panafrican:

We even didn't try yet.Let's try something at least then go from there.
French and British fought a 100 -year war,Germany is part of the european union today despite WWII.
Anybody who wins the majority of states will be the president for three or two years.

Some things just dont need to be experienced.
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by panafrican(m): 12:25am On Jul 10, 2008
SeanT21:

Some things just don't need to be experienced.

Is this the fear of change?
Nigerian president will be a state governor in the United States of Africa. grin
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by SeanT21(f): 1:58am On Jul 10, 2008
panafrican:

Is this the fear of change?
Nigerian president will be a state governor in the United States of Africa. grin

all changes are not Possitive. I rather keep it this way.

why?
Re: A Panafrican State,The Only Way To Fight Xenophobia In Africa by panafrican(m): 1:57am On Jul 15, 2008
SeanT21:

all changes are not Possitive. I rather keep it this way.

why?
Yes, why ?
You know what ,in a panafrican state nigerian soldiers who went to Liberia and Sierra leone would have been there for their country,the United States of Africa. They wouldn't have the feeling of fighting for some lost cause,thousands of miles away from home.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Obas A Let-down - Osoba / Time Magazine Man Of The Year: / Breaking News: Ribadu In Hiding After Assassination Attempts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.