Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454726 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
I wrote my TOEFL test in September and viewed my scores barely a week after the test date but when i logged in now to print out the result , it says "Not Available". House please i want to know if anyone has experience this before because this is really getting me worried and my interview is coming up next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
dnpasion: I wrote my TOEFL test in September and viewed my scores barely a week after the test date but when i logged in now to print out the result , it says "Not Available". House please i want to know if anyone has experience this before because this is really getting me worried and my interview is coming up next week.

Where did you register?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
I did the registration myself using my First bank Dollar Account Visa Card and i took the test at Afe Babalola Study Center in Ibadan
Amefrica:

Where did you register?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xandy84: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hmmmm.. Let me not bust your bubble but I think you are one a long things man.. God save us all..

dnpasion: I did the registration myself using my First bank Dollar Account Visa Card and i took the test at Afe Babalola Study Center in Ibadan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
mos4phy: Please, gurus in the house, do you have any experience or know someone who has undergone undergraduate transfer admission from a Nigerian university while still in d university and also their chances at the embassy. Pleeeaaasee be kind to share if you have any, thanks.
mos4phy:
Please guys I really need any suggestions or advice , I'm bout to start application to 3 unis.
Anyone? Pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sorry don't understand your saying?
xandy84: Hmmmm.. Let me not bust your bubble but I think you are one a long things man.. God save us all..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
dnpasion: I did the registration myself using my First bank Dollar Account Visa Card and i took the test at Afe Babalola Study Center in Ibadan

Call ETS!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thats what i did immediately i noticed but they are closed today and tomorrow because of the thanksgiving holiday.
Amefrica:

Call ETS!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
dnpasion: Thats what i did immediately i noticed but they are closed today and tomorrow because of the thanksgiving holiday.

Monday then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ok bro thanks
Amefrica:

Monday then.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
dnpasion: I wrote my TOEFL test in September and viewed my scores barely a week after the test date but when i logged in now to print out the result , it says "Not Available". House please i want to know if anyone has experience this before because this is really getting me worried and my interview is coming up next week.

You are not alone with this issue and if i may ask what did u score in your toefl.

That center you mentioned has been shut down cos of exam misconduct etc. But call ETS and lodge your complain and explain to them..

Wishing u the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
I scored 89. Wrote my first test in June but the score is not good enough and i'm scared of going with the report which is why i had to sit for another test.
Walspring:

You are not alone with this issue and if i may ask what did u score in your toefl.

That center you mentioned has been shut down cos of exam misconduct etc. But call ETS and lodge your complain and explain to them..

Wishing u the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
@dnpasion

Based on Prof godG's ordeal, it is safe to assume that your result has been temporarily cancelled.

Anyone who needs help with SoP review (not drafting o) can shoot me a message. However, it has to be graduate SoP (i.e. MSc or PhD) as I have no experience in writing undergrad's statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2013

FutureDon: @dnpasion

Based on Prof godG's ordeal, it is safe to assume that your result has been temporarily cancelled.

Anyone who needs help with SoP review (not drafting o) can shoot me a message. However, it has to be graduate SoP (i.e. MSc or PhD) as I have no experience in writing undergrad's statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 12:01am On Nov 29, 2013
@d guy with d toefl issue ...I heard ets banned toefl n GRE in Nigeria.. indefinite suspension..they probably cancelled ur result... but still call ets for more clarity
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 12:06am On Nov 29, 2013
I thought as much because i'm able to view the score report of the one i did outside Nigeria in June. I will call them on Monday to know what is really happening.
dahfweshdude69: @d guy with d toefl issue ...I heard ets banned toefl n GRE in Nigeria.. indefinite suspension..they probably cancelled ur result... but still call ets for more clarity
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 12:12am On Nov 29, 2013
You are right with the info..... Here is what i found : http://www.punchng.com/education/frustration-as-insecurity-forces-suspension-of-gre-toefl/.
dahfweshdude69: @d guy with d toefl issue ...I heard ets banned toefl n GRE in Nigeria.. indefinite suspension..they probably cancelled ur result... but still call ets for more clarity
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2013
dnpasion: You are right with the info..... Here is what i found : http://www.punchng.com/education/frustration-as-insecurity-forces-suspension-of-gre-toefl/.
damn...but still call ets
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 12:20am On Nov 29, 2013
Ok i will after their holiday break
dahfweshdude69: damn...but still call ets
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:11am On Nov 29, 2013
gracious17: My school offered me an assistantship with full tuition waiver just few days before my visa interview, I hv my I-20 already before the award was given. Gurus, will the soft copy of the letter of the assistantship be enough for the VO, hw do u I present it to VO.

Though the school is sending the hard copy but I will get it after the interview date because of time constraint.

Your advice is needed!

If your interview isn't tomorrow or Monday, then ask your graduate office to attach a letter confirming the GA with an email to you.

That's the only solution to show you truly got it since your I-20 doesn't reflect it. Mind you, getting GA isn't visa approval at the embassy but it's a plus to your application.

Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2013
Any thread member in Newark or NYC?

I'm here till Monday.

kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 2:07am On Nov 29, 2013
omo, this toefl thing serious. knw a relative who's got an interview next Wednesday. house, what do u suggest the person does? cos ETS may not be able to do anything before Wednesday. luckily for my relative, he still has a copy of his TOEFL results till now. house whats the take on this one? cheers.. should he act like he doesn't know what's going on? cos he took his TOEFL in September as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dnpasion(m): 2:14am On Nov 29, 2013
Lucky Him.....wish i had printed out my score too.
jcaribie: omo, this toefl thing serious. knw a relative who's got an interview next Wednesday. house, what do u suggest the person does? cos ETS may not be able to do anything before Wednesday. luckily for my relative, he still has a copy of his TOEFL results till now. house whats the take on this one? cheers.. should he act like he doesn't know what's going on? cos he took his TOEFL in September as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by abbey621(m): 3:17am On Nov 29, 2013

Toefl is currently reevaluating all exams from the past 4 months taken at a Nigerian test center, same thing happened to someone I know. You can call ETS till Jesus comes they won't give you a concrete answer. Anyone fortunate to print the result before they took it away can definitely use that print out. I personally paid and helped my friend register through the ETS website and I intend on taking legal action against them. Nigerians should not be treated like common criminals just because they seek quality education.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:46am On Nov 29, 2013
imperiouxx: Any thread member in Newark or NYC?

I'm here till Monday.

kiss
I'm in Edison. You wan show? kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Ms Nas:
I'm in Edison. You wan show? kiss

For real? I'm in Elizabeth. Let's make arrangement then. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

For real? I'm in Elizabeth. Let's make arrangement then. kiss
tongue I'm leaving today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2013
Ms Nas:

Na wa for you oo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2013
Ms Nas:

Well, there is always some other time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:23am On Nov 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

Well, there is always some other time.
No be you dey run run? I no know wetin dey chase you sef.
Nawa for you ooo. Wetin you dey find up and down sef? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Ms Nas:
Why leaving today na, wait for my oga @ the top jor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
abbey621:

Toefl is currently reevaluating all exams from the past 4 months taken at a Nigerian test center, same thing happened to someone I know. You can call ETS till Jesus comes they won't give you a concrete answer. Anyone fortunate to print the result before they took it away can definitely use that print out. I personally paid and helped my friend register through the ETS website and I intend on taking legal action against them. Nigerians should not be treated like common criminals just because they seek quality education.

I have a question to ask you. Your friend that was fortunate to print out his TOEFL result online before it got Canceled by ETS.

Did the VO verify his online TOEFL score card, which he submitted to the VO?

Because to me, I feel like one is putting him/herself into TROUBLE @ the Embassy if you take a TOEFL score report that CANNOT be VERIFIED online by the VO. Because most of the VOs verify most standarlized score card one submit to em when requested! They verify it right on the spot.

What if for example, you got lucky to print out your TOEFL score report before it got Canceled by ETS and you eventually take the TOEFL score card to the embassy, and the VO demands to see your TOEFL score card, and you give him/her the Online print out which you were lucky to print out before it got canceled later, and while the VO tried running a Check online on the AUTHENTICITY of your TOEFL score report you showed him/her and to her surprise, the VO discovers something else written on the website (SCORES NOT AVAILABLE) which is much different from what you showed her. Na Gobe be that ooooo.

You will have to give so much explanation to the VO why your scores isn't available up there. And you might even be labeled as being among those students that involve in exam malpractices so your scores got CANCELED by ETS, If you are lucky, the VO might believe your normal ETS story, if you are NOT, you will tell your touching story to others for a lesson to be learnt.

Seriously one can put himself into trouble with this issue I gave up there. And it is such a pity that the innocent students will be the ones to face lots of challenges with this ETS issue.

Because the VO will smell something fishy here. If you are even the nervous type and you are innocent with this ETS issue, you can be judged wrongly by the VO as bringing a FAKE TOEFL score card to the embassy. And once the VO makes his/her final decision on your Student Visa application, even obama cannot change their decision.

So before anyone goes to the embassy, Please, I will suggest you CONFIRM and check your scores online, a day before going to the embassy, to know if your scores are INTACT before you think about printing it out and taking it to the Embassy! Be Mindful!

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.