Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454760 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
jcaribie:

Did they write "GO ON YOUR OWN"? lol.. the legal age of maturity in Nigeria is 18. the embassy works with that. I am speaking out of experience. It doesnt hurt if you go with your parents, okay? You'll get it. and what questions did they ask you? Also, is your programme a two or four year programme?
four year programme
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
dahfweshdude69: he asked me How I knew about Cameron.. I told him collegeboard n d internet.. I checked out their profile on collegeboard...he then asked me what year I graduated from sec school..I told him last year.. then he asked for my SAT N TOEFL SCORES and later asked for my statement of result from secondary school.. he returned it and asked who was going to sponsor me..I told him my dad and he asked for his bank statement.. checked something on his pc n told me he wasn't going to give me visa. :-'( ...gave me a paper to read and told me I was refused because my denial was under section of can't proof a strong tie to my foreign country.

My dear, you did well. You have to go with both of your parents. Also, is your programme a 2 year degree or a 4 year degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
Find Out!:

@MsNas, Happy belated birthday!!
Thanks!!
But Bros, thermal wear na winch undecided Atimes, e go work, atimes the thing go just leave you at the mercy of the cold! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
jcaribie:

Did they write "GO ON YOUR OWN"? lol.. the legal age of maturity in Nigeria is 18. the embassy works with that. I am speaking out of experience. It doesnt hurt if you go with your parents, okay? You'll get it. and what questions did they ask you? Also, is your programme a two or four year programme?
Bros, what sort of advice are you giving? Where did they write Bring Your Parents? When I went for my interview, u saw kids who came with their parents and some who didn't. Most of them got their visa application approved. Some came with their parents, but their parents didn't approach the VO with them.

One had her parents with her, but the VO told them to step back and take a seat. In her words, I want to interview your child, not you. Its different strokes for different folks. The guy should look closely at his app and find out why he was denied. Stop, making up stories wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
jcaribie:

My dear, you did well. You have to go with both of your parents. Also, is your programme a 2 year degree or a 4 year degree
4year degree...thanks for helping
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 9:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ms Nas:
Bros, what sort of advice are you giving? Where did they write Bring Your Parents? When I went for my interview, u saw kids who came with their parents and some who didn't. Most of them got their visa application approved. Some came with their parents, but their parents didn't approach the VO with them.

One had her parents with her, but the VO told them to step back and take a seat. In her words, I want to interview your child, not you. Its different strokes for different folks. The guy should look closely at his app and find out why he was denied. Stop, making up stories wink

Ms Nas, if you did read what I said, I mentioned that it was my experience. I was denied twice... the second time I was denied, the VO told me I was denied cos I didnt bring my parents, and she gave me the white paper.lol she said "we would like to talk to your parents about their business etc". So, I'm not blabbing. I'm just giving her an advice which I believe is 99.9% likely to work...cos I was in her shoes. smiley no cast me na.. and the thing is, it is not for the parents to answer questions for the child. speak when youre spoken to-rule no.101.lolzzzz. na the pikin battle, but the parents get the war.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
dahfweshdude69: 4year degree...thanks for helping

Okay cool. then you have no problem. Just go with your parents. Thats my advice. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FindOut(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
smile4kenn: @findout

She didn't take SAT or TOEFL as the school doesn't require it. Will that be a problem?

Hmmm.... Not taking either of those exams is usually a problem for undergraduate visa applicants, irrespective of whether the school requires it or not, but then some people still get lucky. Let's hope she'll be too. Let's hear what other advice the house has though.

Ms Nas:
Thanks!!
But Bros, thermal wear na winch undecided Atimes, e go work, atimes the thing go just leave you at the mercy of the cold! grin

Lol. Pele. Presently, the temp here in Bloomington IN for the last few days has been between 29F to 18F (-2 to -8 deg centigrade) and I'm already seeing signs that my thermal wear may not be fully effective if the weather gets colder as it will likely be in December, but for now, e dey work.lol. When that time comes, maybe na 2 sets I go wear grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Find Out!:

Lol. Pele. Presently, the temp here in Bloomington IN for the last few days has been between 29F to 18F (-2 to -8 deg centigrade) and I'm already seeing signs that my thermal wear may not be fully effective if the weather gets colder as it will likely be in December, but for now, e dey work.lol. When that time comes, maybe na 2 sets I go wear grin
Hehe! You will wear 3 sets sef. Come be like masquerade grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
Pablo, Congratu-lobia on your visa approval. I pray the same blessing will be extended to everyone applying (Graviton inclusive)grin

It is like a certain someone said "This will be a thread for the record books, this part will have the largest recorded amount of success stories"

God is in charge!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hello house, long time.

Pablo excobar , i like ya nick.
Congats bro. cheesy

But boys no smile at all, everybody just dey fall in minnesota. Anybody falling in pennsylvania ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
smile4kenn: @findout

She didn't take SAT or TOEFL as the school doesn't require it. Will that be a problem?
Pally she need to write TOEFL or SAT for Embassy purpose if not there's fire on the mountain. VO's want to see seriousness in a student, so if she didn't write any exam how can she prove she's a serious student. Pls tell her to write SAT asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
Graviton: Pablo, Congratu-lobia on your visa approval. I pray the same blessing will be extended to everyone applying (Graviton inclusive)grin

It is like a certain someone said "This will be a thread for the record books, this part will have the largest recorded amount of success stories"

God is in charge!!!

Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
dahfweshdude69: he asked me How I knew about Cameron.. I told him collegeboard n d internet.. I checked out their profile on collegeboard...he then asked me what year I graduated from sec school..I told him last year.. then he asked for my SAT N TOEFL SCORES and later asked for my statement of result from secondary school.. he returned it and asked who was going to sponsor me..I told him my dad and he asked for his bank statement.. checked something on his pc n told me he wasn't going to give me visa. :-'( ...gave me a paper to read and told me I was refused because my denial was under section of can't proof a strong tie to my foreign country.
What was your TOEFL n SAT scores, also pls go with your parents for your next interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
kunlebal:
What was your TOEFL n SAT scores, also pls go with your parents for your next interview
toefl -83...sat- 1540
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
pablo excobar: House, Visa granted. Special tanx to KUNLEBAL u ve been supportive and motivating like wise Ricky Rozay I can't tank d entire house enof u guys has helped in one way or d other. DETAILS of interview to follow soon

congrats man, I'm so happy for u. Wish u success in ur studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
dahfweshdude69: toefl -83...sat- 1540
You have a good scores dear, send me a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
I'm under 18, my dad followed me to the embassy but was not allowed to follow me in to the interview hall, I was interviewed alone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
dahfweshdude69: toefl -83...sat- 1540

You got a nice score for your standardize test. But i will advise you to go to the interview with your parent in your next interview since the VO told you that he/she cant give you VISA unless your parent come along with you.

I think the VO wants to ask your parents some vital question such as where they work, how will they pay for your school fee and so on.

Lastly you need prayer and pray for God unmerited favour and mercy which i always pray for everyday cos prayer is the key to successful visa interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
I sight you @Gr8ever... Bro we need to talk oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
jcaribie:

Ms Nas, if you did read what I said, I mentioned that it was my experience. I was denied twice... the second time I was denied, the VO told me I was denied cos I didnt bring my parents, and she gave me the white paper.lol she said "we would like to talk to your parents about their business etc". So, I'm not blabbing. I'm just giving her an advice which I believe is 99.9% likely to work...cos I was in her shoes. smiley no cast me na.. and the thing is, it is not for the parents to answer questions for the child. speak when youre spoken to-rule no.101.lolzzzz. na the pikin battle, but the parents get the war.
You still are not getting my point? You said the VO said to bring your parents so that they can talk about their business, right? Your case is different from his so do NOT generalize. My friend's sister, who is 15 got her Visa Last week and she appeared without her parents. So what are you talking about?

In any case, you're not a VO so you can never know he/she was denied because of the failure of their parents to appear for interview. That said, to all...their own. but I repeat, do NOT generalize.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
Walspring:

You got a nice score for your standardize test. But i will advise you to go to the interview with your parent in your next interview since the VO told you that he/she cant give you VISA unless your parent come along with you.

I think the VO wants to ask your parents some vital question such as where they work, how will they pay for your school fee and so on.

Lastly you need prayer and pray for God unmerited favour and mercy which i always pray for everyday cos prayer is the key to successful visa interview
He/she was not told to bring parents. Someone else was the one insinuating that parents must be present before a visa can be issued
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
@ bro who just got his visa please email me, S̶̲̥̅o I can chat with you, there is alot I want to ask you.. Thankyou S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ much. Nonso_dominic@yahoo.com that ♍Ɣ‎ email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FindOut(m): 11:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ms Nas:
Hehe! You will wear 3 sets sef. Come be like masquerade grin

Lol.... Make the extra cold come first grin

kunlebal:
Pally she need to write TOEFL or SAT for Embassy purpose if not there's fire on the mountain. VO's want to see seriousness in a student, so if she didn't write any exam how can she prove she's a serious student. Pls tell her to write SAT asap

You are right but dude has said the interview is next week so i guess they just have to pray for goodluck.lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 11:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ms Nas:
You still are not getting my point? You said the VO said to bring your parents so that they can talk about their business, right? Your case is different from his so do NOT generalize. My friend's sister, who is 15 got her Visa Last week and she appeared without her parents. So what are you talking about?

In any case, you're not a VO so you can never know he/she was denied because of the failure of their parents to appear for interview. That said, to all...their own. but I repeat, do NOT generalize.

If you read my earlier thread, you will see where I wrote the words "my advice". So why stress over spilled milk. We're all trying to help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ms Nas:
He/she was not told to bring parents. Someone else was the one insinuating that parents must be present before a visa can be issued

Okay.. I thought the other way round
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
domex007: @ bro who just got his visa please email me, S̶̲̥̅o I can chat with you, there is alot I want to ask you.. Thankyou S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ much. Nonso_dominic@yahoo.com that ♍Ɣ‎ email

You can ask those questions here and pls type it it very well cos of those BB typing fonts.. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
@kunlebal .... I was offline when you came to command today and it was late when i got your post... Are you passing the night at command or you back to mosan?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 2:23am On Nov 28, 2013
jcaribie:

If you read my earlier thread, you will see where I wrote the words "my advice". So why stress over spilled milk. We're all trying to help.
undecided I'll let that slide lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:59am On Nov 28, 2013
jcaribie:

Ms Nas:
undecided I'll let that slide lipsrsealed

Two bad guys. angry

One spilled the milk on the floor and the other said she wants that to slide....... down.

Abeg, two of you should clean the floor, person wan waka jor!

angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:48am On Nov 28, 2013
imperiouxx:

Two bad guys. angry

One spilled the milk on the floor and the other said she wants that to slide....... down.

Abeg, two of you should clean the floor, person wan waka jor!

angry
You again Leave me Abegi. grin but some people are just lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oluwatosin4us(m): 3:51am On Nov 28, 2013
Am just checking on you guys ..i pray that almight God that helped me during my own interview will be with all of you guys when you are going for your interview ...it over three months now in USA am giving almighty Jehovah the whole thanks ..He is a wonderful father ..
.he give us all our heart desires when we call on him.
am preparing for thanksgiving here ...hoping to seeing you guys here very soon in Jesus name...

say amen!!!!!!!! Someone there

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.