Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,517 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455780 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tdade(m): 7:48am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

You only get to pay during registration.. You don't pay before arriving in US.
wow, I didn't know that, thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by keepmegoing(m): 7:51am On Dec 12, 2013
I greet all the guru in the house.please i need help seriously on how to relocate to united states with four of a family, can anyone please put me right here and i will really appreciate it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 12, 2013
tdade: wow, I didn't know that, thanks!

My pleasure bro! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 12, 2013
keepmegoing: I greet all the guru in the house.please i need help seriously on how to relocate to united states with four of a family, can anyone please put me right here and i will really appreciate it.

This should help.. www.dhs.gov/how-do-i/move-united-states
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2013
Ricky Rozay, wadup ? cheesy

cm update us abeg ? How d cold be ?
How POE be ? Dem search u ? U carry 9ja wakis go ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2013
maxwellsmith:

@Grail~Ivy GOD dey ur side no worry bro u will get ur visa on ur next interview by GOD's grace..... Remove that ur denial story to avoid these ppl making mocking u..... Goodluck next time bro
Ogbeni, stop adding tinder to flame. NOBODY made mockery of him, take a chill pill and get your facts straight
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Graviton: Ogbeni, stop adding tinder to flame. NOBODY made mockery of him, take a chill pill and get your facts straight

*chop knuckle* smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2013
R.R, sir

Here's wishing you a safe and stress-free trip. Update us soonest.smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 8:30am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

*chop knuckle* smiley
*chops the knuckle*
Baddest Amefrica!!, good morning o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 12, 2013
Graviton: R.R, sir

Wishing you a safe and stress-free trip. Update us soonest.smiley

He has landed already. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

He has landed already. cheesy
wow! That was fast.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 12, 2013
Graviton: *chops the knuckle*
Baddest Amefrica!!, good morning o!

Morning to you too bro! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 12, 2013
Graviton: wow! That was fast.

Yea, just a guess. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 8:53am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

Yea, just a guess. grin
you may be right thoughgrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2013
Ricky,

where are thou? I have no doubt that your trip was safe and hedge-free.

Pls do and share your experience at the POE.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 12, 2013
Graviton: you may be right thoughgrin

I am. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2013
Tochium: Ricky,

where are thou? I have no doubt that your trip was safe and hedge-free.

Pls do and share your experience at the POE.

Cheers!

Calm down bro! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by puppiluv(m): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2013
WANT TO SAY A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO Ricky,walspring and everybody that contributed to this Thread thanks so much i really appreciate your contributions
I THOUGHT I'LL BE COMING HERE TO WRITE OUT MY TESTIMONY BUT AGAINST ALL ODDS I'LL STILL HAVE THE COST TO WRITE MY VISA APPROVAL TESTIMONY.
here is how it goes:
ME: Good morning
VO: morning
VO: pass me your documents
ME; here is it
VO: WHY U GOING TO THE STATES
ME: TO STUDY MASTERS IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
VO: WHY THIS UNI
ME: UNIVERSITIES IN THE STATES ESPECIALLY UA(UNIVERSITY OF AKRON)OFFER SPECIALIZATION IN MY AREA OF INTEREST AND OFFERS MORE OF PRACTICAL WORKS WHICH DOES NOT OFFER IN NIGERIA( COULDN'T GO FURTHER HERE TOO COS I LOST CONTROL)
VO: HOW DID GET TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SCHOOL
ME: I DID AN INTENSIVE SEARCH ON THE INTERNET THROUGH USNEWS AND GRADSCHOOLS.COM AND I CAME UP WITH THIS SCH.
VO: WHEN DID U GRADUATE
ME: AUG 19 2013
VO: WHY DIDN'T YOU GO ON WITH THE BUSINESS ADMIN FOR YOUR MASTER INSTEAD OF PUBLIC ADMIN.
ME: (THIS IS WHERE I STARTED IT UP)DIDN'T EVEN REALLY REMEMBER WHAT I SAID HERE BUT I SAID SOMETHING.BUT AM SURE MY ANSWER HERE WASN'T DEEP ENOUGH.
VO: WHO IS SPONSORING YOU
ME: MY DAD
VO: SORRY BLA BLA BLA.....
ME: I MADE SURE I COLLECT MY PASSPORT SO I CAN COME WELL PREPARED.

MET ABOUT 3 OTHER F1 STUDENT TOO WHICH THEIR VISA WAS REFUSED TOO THOUGH.( no documents was asked from me or the other 3 F1 student i met there)one older man who was going for his PHD was granted visa he said something like one of his son will be getting married JAN 2nd maybe he was asked if he has any kids.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Bajah2002: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2013
Please gurus in the house.What is the meaning of "pending administrative processing "and how long does it take?. I applied for a student visa and went for my interview today...The v.o told me i will be contacted later after administrative processing.Thank you.She has my ds-190 confirmation page.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 12, 2013
puppiluv: WANT TO SAY A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO Ricky,walspring and everybody that contributed to this Thread thanks so much i really appreciate your contributions
I THOUGHT I'LL BE COMING HERE TO WRITE OUT MY TESTIMONY BUT AGAINST ALL ODDS I'LL STILL HAVE THE COST TO WRITE MY VISA APPROVAL TESTIMONY.
here is how it goes:
ME: Good morning
VO: morning
VO: pass me your documents
ME; here is it
VO: WHY U GOING TO THE STATES
ME: TO STUDY MASTERS IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
VO: WHY THIS UNI
ME: UNIVERSITIES IN THE STATES ESPECIALLY UA(UNIVERSITY OF AKRON)OFFER SPECIALIZATION IN MY AREA OF INTEREST AND OFFERS MORE OF PRACTICAL WORKS WHICH DOES NOT OFFER IN NIGERIA( COULDN'T GO FURTHER HERE TOO COS I LOST CONTROL)
VO: HOW DID GET TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SCHOOL
ME: I DID AN INTENSIVE SEARCH ON THE INTERNET THROUGH USNEWS AND GRADSCHOOLS.COM AND I CAME UP WITH THIS SCH.
VO: WHAT SCHOOL DID U ATTEND
ME: LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY
VO: WHEN DID U GRADUATE
ME: AUG 19 2013
VO: WHY DIDN'T YOU GO ON WITH THE BUSINESS ADMIN FOR YOUR MASTER INSTEAD OF PUBLIC ADMIN.
ME: (THIS IS WHERE I STARTED IT UP)DIDN'T EVEN REALLY REMEMBER WHAT I SAID HERE BUT I SAID SOMETHING.BUT AM SURE MY ANSWER HERE WASN'T DEEP ENOUGH.

VO: WHO IS SPONSORING YOU
ME: MY DAD
VO: SORRY BLA BLA BLA.....
ME: I MADE SURE I COLLECT MY PASSPORT SO I CAN COME WELL PREPARED.

MET ABOUT 3 OTHER F1 STUDENT TOO WHICH THEIR VISA WAS REFUSED TOO THOUGH.( no documents was asked from me or the other 3 F1 student i met there)one older man who was going for his PHD was granted visa he said something like one of his son will be getting married JAN 2nd maybe he was asked if he has any kids.

Work on the bolded, why you switching from Bus. Admin. to Public Admin. and go back to collect your VISA.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

I am. wink
Seer Amefrica!! Na wa o!!

Anyways, Glad he has safely arrived...#NaijaPower
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
Has anyone gotten a fees refund from ETS, I'm thinking of taking legal action against those people. They refused to render the service I paid for and they are with-holding my NGN37,400
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ishaq265: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hello,
Please I'll be going for my visa interview in two weeks time pls I'll like to know the kinda questions asked and how to answer them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
Graviton: Seer Amefrica abi na prophetcheesy!! Na wa o!!

Anyways, Glad he has safely arrived...#NaijaPower

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ishaq265: Hello,
Please I'll be going for my visa interview in two weeks time pls I'll like to know the kinda questions asked and how to answer them

Start reading this thread from Page 0 of this part 5.. You gonna get more than enuff.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ishaq265: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thank you so much I really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ishaq265: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hello,
I had a very low score in my SAT and I didn't sit for any other int'l exams pls will I still be able to get the visa with my score? (1110)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
I had a very low score in my SAT and I didn't sit for any other int'l exams pls will I still be able to get the visa with my score? (1110)

dnt worry abt ur score.

although a higher score may make VOs *twale* for students

did u take toefl ? If *yes* go with it too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2013

Since you used it to gain admission, no probs. If the VO asks, just explain and give him/her a cogent reason why you've got a low score.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Graviton: Has anyone gotten a fees refund from ETS, I'm thinking of taking legal action against those people. They refused to render the service I paid for and they are with-holding my NGN37,400

nwanne odika ego gi abago unto *voicemail way*

pray dey refund u o!

Hv u called dem ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ishaq265: 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
But the school I applied doesn't require SAT or TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sevule(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
I apologize to the house for not posting my interview transcript last week. My bosses wan use work end me before I leave for the States. But here goes the transcript

I got to the embassy early enough at about 6:15 event though my interview was scheduled for 7:30am. Went through a lot of protocol (Men nobody told me that the protocol for US embassy plenty ohhh!) before I was eventually ushered into a massive hall where all the VOs were seated. Lest I forget at one of the points you have to remove anything that remotely relates to metal from your body like belts, earrings, keys etc. When I finally entered the waiting hall, my heart was beating faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100metres dash.I waited for almost an hour before I was eventually called by a young white man.
Vo:Hello
Me:Good Morning. (Men all the things wey I don prepare run commot from my head as my mouth open)
Vo:So why do you want to go to America?
Me:I am going to study for my Masters degree in blah blah
Vo:So how did you find out about the school?
MesadAt this point my voice began to visibly shake and I was shaking like I had malaria.Yes I was that nervous!) I did extensive research on the internet
Vo:When you say extensive what do you mean?
Me:I went to some recommended websites like USNews.com, collegeboard.org and nsa.gov
Vo:Cuts in at this point looking visibly shocked. You mean you went to the National Security Agency Website?
Me:I smiled here cos this was my ace. Yes I did. I then went on to explain to him how the NSA certifies some universities in America as centres of excellence in IT Security education
Vo:So why did you choose DSU?
Me:I chose DSU for 3 reasons. First of all it has been certified by the NSA (note that my voice shook throughout the interview but I was audible sha). Secondly the school offers a specialization which I am interested in cos it is pertinent to what I am currently doing. Thirdly I spoke with one of the professors and his resume impressed me. He has worked in over 4 banks and it would be an honour to learn from him
Vo: So who would be funding your education?
Me: I have a full scholarship from blah blah.
Vo:Can I see something like a letter?
Me:I give him my scholarship letter
Vo:Ok I see here that your scholarship covers your first year expenses
Me: Nodded in agreement like agama lizard wey fall for ground
Vo: Ok u can pick up ur visa on Monday
Me: Thank you

I quietly strolled out feeling like a bad guy whereas I actually felt like dancing alingo

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.