Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454675 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RICHARDTRD: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
drzik: HI NLder,good to be back.
I'm scheduled to have My interview for Masters in UMN during d week But yet to submit My ds-160 as I need some classifications.

1)The section on work says " Provide your employment information for the last five years that you were employed, if applicable". Q: I'm only allowed to enter two previous employments which covers Just three of My four postgraduate years (I could not add My immediate post-graduate job). Is that OK?

2)A section under family is "Is your father in the U.S?" Q: He's presently in the U.S for two weeks on a B1/B2 (visitor)visa. Does this have any bearng on My application?

Thanks in anticipation.
@slimmy05 "Is your father in the U.S?" the question is logical and if the dad is presently in the U.S for just two weeks on a B1/B2 (visitor)visa then he shouldn't state he's in the U.S *my opinion thou*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
I'm scheduled to have My interview for Masters in UMN during d week But yet to submit My ds-160 as I need some classifications.

1)The section on work says " Provide your employment information for the last five years that you were employed, if applicable". Q: I'm only allowed to enter two previous employments which covers Just three of My four postgraduate years (I could not add My immediate post-graduate job). Is that OK?

2)A section under family is "Is your father in the U.S?" Q: He's presently in the U.S for two weeks on a B1/B2 (visitor)visa. Does this have any bearng on My application?

This is very easy. Will your father return to Nigeria before your interview? If yes, no need to state it. Otherwise, state it because they may search your surname. If you lie and his name comes up, you are in big shi.t.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
RICHARD_TRD:
@slimmy05 "Is your father in the U.S?" the question is logical and if the dad is presently in the U.S for just two weeks on a B1/B2 (visitor)visa then he shouldn't state he's in the U.S *my opinion thou*
Why? Stop this attitude of telling people to give false information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
juntod:

This is very easy. Will your father return to Nigeria before your interview? If yes, no need to state it. Otherwise, state it because they may search your surname. If you lie and his name comes up, you are in big shi.t.
This is very unnecessary
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
slimmy05: This is very unnecessary

You are very right. It is not necessary. A YES to that question wouldn't harm him. He can always tell the VO he is back to Nigeria if he returns at the time of the interview. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2014

Thanks in anticipation.

The answer to that question is YES. You are applying for student visa and not B1/B2, so your daddy's visa status will have no bearing on your application, there is no point saying NO to that question.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
slimmy05: fadinus, bimbola, graviton, walspring. whats up?

Fine brother slimmy, hows ur prep going boss, ur success is guaranteed already sire.

I have been busy with resumption preps.

Anyone heading to Mnsu mankato should please holla.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
fadinus:

Fine brother slimmy, hows ur prep going boss, ur success is guaranteed already sire.

I have been busy with resumption preps.

Anyone heading to Mnsu mankato should please holla.
Very good. By his grace am trying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RICHARDTRD: 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2014
slimmy05: Why? Stop this attitude of telling people to give false information
Please don't get me wrong, hav nevr advice anybody wrongly on here before..
It's not about just giving information it about been on the save side, is the dad coming bck before d interview if yes there's no point stating the dad is there it simple..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
how can one do an emergency interview booking ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
RICHARD_TRD:
Please don't get me wrong, hav nevr advice anybody wrongly on here before..
It's not about just giving information it about been on the save side, is the dad coming bck before d interview if yes there's no point stating the dad is there it simple..

My point initially but on the long run, its not necessary. If he returns before the interview, he can as well tell that to the VO. It will be risky if he says NO now and his father has a reason to stay a bit longer than expected in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
angry angry so none of u could temme Nairaland is back... angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
exxy: how can one do an emergency interview booking ?
undecided is dis a joke?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
What's d 411 here?
Anyone going to Michigan or nearby states should holla
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
Idazbawz: undecided is dis a joke?
hahahahaha!!, it's a friend of mine that needs this help, I don pass this level now( by His grace )
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2014
Pls I want to know how long is the sevis payment valid? What I mean is that I was at the embassy last in 2012 and was denied visa I am now in d process of going back for interview at d embassy this 2014 and I want to know if I will have to pay another sevis fee or is the previous one still valid for use??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
genxris: Pls I want to know how long is the sevis payment valid? What I mean is that I was at the embassy last in 2012 and was denied visa I am now in d process of going back for interview at d embassy this 2014 and I want to know if I will have to pay another sevis fee or is the previous one still valid for use??

Is your previous admission still valid? Do you have a new I-20 from the same school? Does the I-20 have same SEVIS # as the one you had in 2012?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2014
exxy:
hahahahaha!!, it's a friend of mine that needs this help, I don pass this level now( by His grace )

tell your friend to go to login to the visa interview site and click on the expedited/emergency date option and fill d form there explaining briefly why he wants a early date and scan them a copy(ies) of proof for need (i-20form) and await their response by email later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
genxris: tell your friend to go to login to the visa interview site and click on the expedited/emergency date option and fill d form there explaining briefly why he wants a early date and scan them a copy(ies) of proof for need (i-20form) and await their response by email later.

Ok, thanks!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
exxy:

lol... better!
Well, that friend of yours will need to first schedule your his/her appointment with the earliest available date,

After submitting the appointment, he/she will click on "emergency appointment" showing on the left side of the profile.

He/she should be ready to explain the matter of urgency, tentative date of arrival and upload copy of his/her i20 and SEVIS confirmation"

After submitting the emergency appointment request, they'll get back to him/her via email whether the request is granted or not.

If granted, he/she will be able to select any date before the date listed on i20.....

Emergency request, in most cases, are granted...

Success to him/her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
juntod:

Is your previous admission still valid? Do you have a new I-20 from the same school? Does the I-20 have same SEVIS # as the one you had in 2012?
yes I got same admission from same school I applied in 2012 although I haven't get hold of d new i-20 form yet (it's ready but my relative helping me out in the admission process over there hasn't sent it down to me yet).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
genxris: yes I got same admission from same school I applied in 2012 although I haven't get hold of d new i-20 form yet (it's ready but my relative helping me out in the admission process over there hasn't sent it down to me yet).
I hope its a good school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
Idazbawz: lol... better!
Well, that friend of yours will need to first schedule your his/her appointment with the earliest available date,

After submitting the appointment, he/she will click on "emergency appointment" showing on the left side of the profile.

He/she should be ready to explain the matter of urgency, tentative date of arrival and upload copy of his/her i20 and SEVIS confirmation"

After submitting the emergency appointment request, they'll get back to him/her via email whether the request is granted or not.

If granted, he/she will be able to select any date before the date listed on i20.....

Emergency request, in most cases, are granted...

Success to him/her
Ok, let me send this to her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
cry all my saved transcript gone angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2014
genxris: yes I got same admission from same school I applied in 2012 although I haven't get hold of d new i-20 form yet (it's ready but my relative helping me out in the admission process over there hasn't sent it down to me yet).

Well, SEVIS fee is only valid for 12 months. You must pay again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 9:53pm On Jun 28, 2014
slimmy05: Very good. By his grace am trying.

Its well bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2014
slimmy05: cry all my saved transcript gone angry
All our transcript are gone !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
slimmy05: fadinus, bimbola, graviton, walspring. whats up?

Am doing great and thanks to God!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
calmdown:

Mr Graviton... Juntod was actually wrong for saying funding is 90% guaranteed. It is 100% guaranteed in as much as you are admitted.

Mr. Calmdown,

Sorry, I will not take your word for it. I have seen a couple of PHd students without funding, saying it is 100% is as ridiculous as it gets.

I'd agree with you, but then we would both be wrong. I prefer to stick with facts instead of made-up statistics. Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
juntod:

He won't agree with you at all. He is Mr. Know it all because he has been on the thread before us. I used to hold him in high esteem because of his contributions on the thread. I was really disappointed today. Clearly, he knows nothing about PhD admissions and won't admit it.

You have been jawing all day. I asked you a simple question and you've yet to give a satisfactory response.

Just so you know, I don't give a hoot what you think of me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
calmdown:

Mr Graviton, the information is very correct. In fact, better put, schools will not admit you for PhD if they won't be able to fund you. Lobatan!

Mr. Calmdown, I have seen PhD students without funding, so I'm surprised you are making even more ridiculous claims than your friend up there. If you cannot give me a reliable your basis for your assumption, then I'm sorry your word makes no difference whatsoever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.