Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454666 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
domex007:

How about doing it this way?
Get admission from one particular school, get visa with the school, defer your admission with that school and enter the US with your valid visa, apply to another school and once they accept the student you can request for transfer from the initial school..
Is this method legal and hope this method is also safe?

If you defer, your school must prepare another I-20 bearing the new resumption date. Arriving in the US before 30 days to that new resumption date is illegal and will definitely put you in trouble. The best bet is to defer and remain in Nigeria until you get the new updated I-20 from the old school as well as admission confirmation from the new school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
juntod:

If you defer, your school must prepare another I-20 bearing the new resumption date. Arriving in the US before 30 days to that new resumption date is illegal and will definitely put you in trouble. The best bet is to defer and remain in Nigeria until you get the new updated I-20 from the old school as well as admission confirmation from the new school.

Bro, thanks for your input but I don't mean I am gonna arrive in the US 30days before resumption lemmi give a better example.
Just assuming I Applied to TSU for fall and they resume 25th aug and got my visa for TSU 2 week of July, got to the US first week of aug(which is normal) stay @ a friend's place.
Defer my admission with TSU just to buy time to apply to another school (HCC).
When TSU issue my new i-20 for spring 2015 without the knowledge that I am already in the US I can send my friend to go pick the i-20 for me and also help me in picking up the i-20 for HCC too.
Can I now go to TSU to request for transfer to HCC??
I hope you understand my question now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
domex007:

Bro, thanks for your input but I don't mean I am gonna arrive in the US 30days before resumption lemmi give a better example.
Just assuming I Applied to TSU for fall and they resume 25th aug and got my visa for TSU 2 week of July, got to the US first week of aug(which is normal) stay @ a friend's place.
When TSU issue my new i-20 for spring 2015 without the knowledge that I am already in the US I can send my friend to go pick the i-20 for me and also help me in picking up the i-20 for HCC too.

I doubt if you can arrive US and defer admission. I guess your school will be alerted as soon as you are cleared at POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
Stewee:

Qatar!

Thats pretty much guy...it means u didnt work on my post nah..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
slimmy05: What's up with guys with beards? Are we to go clean shaved or we can just lower the beards?

I am just like bigfrancis21 grin

Just trim it abit...
You wana look fresh and organised infront of a VO...You know what these VO's want. #GiveEmHell
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
olumide098:

Thats pretty much guy...it means u didnt work on my post nah..

That's the best I could get.
I'm tired of going back and forth with this ticket poo.
If anyone has a better idea, please let me know.
Thanks bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
slimmy05: I heard having tribal mark(s) is a very good home tie tongue

Bro, you should be banned for pulling this joke. cheesy Nice one! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
Stewee:

That's the best I could get.
I'm tired of going back and forth with this ticket poo.
If anyone has a better idea, please let me know.
Thanks bro!

have you confirmed the payment..when ur skool dey resume? i can do that for you to get the cheapest flight ooo..i got mine at 806 dollars coz i dont wanna waste any money for flight at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Kpimp: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
have been a silent reader on this thread.i will be writing my toefl on 30 of august for spring application. just saw a video on youtube on how your body posture can help you gain confidence.it will surely be of help during visa interview.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-_Mh1QhMc&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google&guid=
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
olumide098:

have you confirmed the payment..when ur skool dey resume? i can do that for you to get the cheapest flight ooo..i got mine at 806 dollars coz i dont wanna waste any money for flight at all

Its confirmed.
School resumes on the 30th Aug.
Thanks Olumba!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
olumide098:

You have a mail sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
domex007:

How about doing it this way?
Get admission from one particular school, get visa with the school, defer your admission with that school and enter the US with your valid visa, apply to another school and once they accept the student you can request for transfer from the initial school..
Is this method even possible and hope its legal and also safe?
dont you understand, you ,must have both i2o before you leave nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
domex007:

you will run outta status. sorry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
please house after writing gre how many weeks will it take for the schools u choose to recieve the score??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
@zeezahbee
pls can i pm you.need to discuss somefin.thanks. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
zee so BTW troy n ur Houston uni..which is more cheaper .n highly ranked

n y did u break troys heart
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
MsNas:
No, University of Florida isn't Ivy League. Most of the Ivy League schools are concentrated in New England. But the University is a competitive school to get in based on the sheer volume of applications they receive yearly. Also you should take into account the location of the school and also its reputation. As per their admission processing, You should know that Mechanical Engineering is a competitive course. Most of the time, all the student in the masters program are always on tuition waiver (at least for the A-rated schools)

My room-mate is a Mechanical Engineering student and while me as an IT student have like 18 students in my class(90% Indians), they are just 3-4 in their class. Lol cheesy. And their admission requirements is also set higher than the baseline admission requirements set by the graduate college. My advise to you is that while you apply to The University of Florida, try and apply to some B-ranked schools too as a safety net in case its doesn't pan out with UofF.

Msc Mechanical Engineering and MEng Mechanical Engineering: I really don't think there's much of a difference, except for the fast that maybe with the Msc route, you don get to concentrate too much on the architecture of Mechanical Engineering but rather the science that is used for the application of the course. MEng, most likely is gonna be much more technical than the Msc, as you're almost assured of doing all the grime work associated with the course.

I know in Naija it means literally nothing though. I graduated with a B.Tech Pure and Applied Physics just because I went to a University of Technology and spent 5 years doing it. It doesn't mean I'm better than those people who spent 4 years doing the same course. I definitely know employers of labor don't care. smiley
Good point. Also with MS u can proceed to do ur PhD, but not with M.Eng
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
ridimic1: zee so BTW troy n ur Houston uni..which is more cheaper .n highly ranked

n y did u break troys heart
both are like same. like i said, i got a good offer in houston plus houston is nigerian friendly. thats all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
decreamaster: @zeezahbee
pls can i pm you.need to discuss somefin.thanks. grin
seen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
domex007:

you can't enter the usa without your school knowing,from the moment you're issued a visa,the consulates notifies your school,you let your school know your arrival date.

The moment you enter the usa and report to your admin office,the school monitors your activities through your attendance in class work etc.
I have a friend who whose brother was deported from the United Kingdom,he was a student of uni.of Liverpool..He stopped attending classes,instead patronised the latest strip clubs in Liverpool..

That's why its called a student visa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
slimmy05: Not new naw, people do this often. You think say everybody wey dey shout my school fee is 27,999 o fit pay the fees cheesy all na same same grin Na that same CC them dey go

Ur funny bros.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
fadinus:

Ur funny bros.
he's saying the truth bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
zeezahbee: seen
So how do i start pm ing you?
Send me a mail so i can see ur email add
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 11:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
stevecrun: he's saying the truth bro..

Affirmative smiley I sabi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:09am On Jul 20, 2014
Glad to see this place up and running. Let's keep it this way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 20, 2014
Graviton2: Glad to see this place up and running. Let's keep it this way.
its always busy bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:57am On Jul 20, 2014
zeezahbee: dont you understand, you ,must have both i2o before you leave nigeria.

Okay, I understand now.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:58am On Jul 20, 2014
zeezahbee: you will run outta status. sorry

Okay, but what happens if one runs out of status? Lool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:25am On Jul 20, 2014
Dot1:
Good point. Also with MS u can proceed to do ur PhD, but not with M.Eng
Really? M.Eng degree holders can't do PhD? Never knew. Do you know why please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:39am On Jul 20, 2014
MsNas:
Really? M.Eng degree holders can't do PhD? Never knew. Do you know why please?

MEng is more professional and its usually course based. No intensive research. They don't do thesis.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:50am On Jul 20, 2014
juntod:

MEng is more professional and its usually course based. No intensive research. They don't do thesis.
Figures. So if they're not required to write a thesis of any kind, what do they do to earn their degree at the end of the day? Internship of some sort? or just the coursework they've taken over the course of their program is enough? My room-mate's Japanese friend just graduated in the same department as her. Although, i don't know if he wrote a thesis, I know he told me he's taking a kind of comprehensive exam that covers all the courses he took over the 4 semesters of this masters. Does that sound like M.Eng?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Phemix:

I can see you. Resend the PM you sent me. I no longer have access to that email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.