Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network (20964 Views)

Fashola Under Undue Pressure To Resign By Joshua Amaugo / Jonathan Orders Ministers With Political Ambition To Resign By October 20th / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Pukkah: 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ojiofor: Well,if she finally resign another Igbo woman or man will take her place and continue from where she stoped to the dismay of ffk and co.
GEJ till 2019.

This is not about GEJ 2019 or Igbo agenda.

Who cares if she's replaced by 3 Igbo women.

This is about what is right.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by true2god: 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
pazienza:

When in Rome, behave like Romans. Good a thing Igbos have learnt how Nigeria works. Any Igbo person that calls for stella's sack, must be shot on the fore head at close range,with a double barrel.

Stella stays, Nigeria is no country, Enugu International airport must stand, we will run Nigeria bankrupt, if that's what it takes to achieve that, no sacrifice is too big for that airport, anybody not comfortable with this scenario must seek for secession, and wait for Ihejirika boys.
Thank u my broda. These yoruba pple believe they are smart and its unfortunate that some gullible igbo folks fall for their tricks.

The bottom-line remains that they want the minister removed at all cost. The opening of the enugu airport for international air traffick is a great threat to the future survival of the revenue remmitable to Lagos intl airport, dats the fact!

All this stella dis, stella dat is just a way at haranguing GEJ to remove the woman and replace her with someone sympathetic to their evil agenda.

Igbos hav to understand that Nigeria is a jungle wher survival is based on natural instinct cos no law of social order that is applicable. The hausas are developing Abuja, Yorubas hav Lagos as a treasure and so we Igbos must develop our land at all cost even if it entails bending the rules. We need sea-port or light port to decongest wharf and Tincan island port in Lagos. More than 70% of imported good are done by Igbos and the royalty paid to yorubas. Thats foolishness at highest order, monkey dey work baboon dey chop.

We need wise up and play our game well and smarter and support GEJ to put many things in order in the south east in order to avoid this evil compatriots push him out.

If Yorubaman becomes the aviation minister tomorrow, the enugu airport will lose her status as an intl air route, mark my word.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
mekaboy: This is Nigeria, if you start to fight corruption, you will be amazed at how deep rooted it is. The number of people that will be affected. Issue will arise about how the govt sponsored kim kadashan abi wetin them dey call her to come and carry thousands of dollars from nigeria within few minutes, when nigerians never chop.

Then you talk about farouk and otedola case. Talk about the lekki concession, talk about the commissioner for works that gave ram worth. $750k.

Talk about bamanga tukurs son and subsidy. Everybody in govt is connected in corruption somehow, so you will be shocked that when the secrets are open that even those fighting corruption are corrupt.

Ask farouk for more info.
And yall still think u don't need Buhari?
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Drizzydrake: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
See how our money is going[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by pazienza(m): 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
true2god: Thank u my broda. These yoruba pple believe they are smart and its unfortunate that some gullible igbo folks fall for their tricks.

The bottom-line remains that they want the minister removed at all cost. The opening of the enugu airport for international air traffick is a great threat to the future survival of the revenue remmitable to Lagos intl airport, dats the fact!

All this stella dis, stella dat is just a way at haranguing GEJ to remove the woman and replace her with someone sympathetic to their evil agenda.

Igbos hav to understand that Nigeria is a jungle wher survival is based on natural instinct cos no law of social order that is applicable. The hausas are developing Abuja, Yorubas hav Lagos as a treasure and so we Igbos must develop our land at all cost even if it entails bending the rules. We need sea-port or light port to decongest wharf and Tincan island port in Lagos. More than 70% of imported good are done by Igbos and the royalty paid to yorubas. Thats foolishness at highest order, monkey dey work baboon dey chop.

We need wise up and play our game well and smarter and support GEJ to put many things in order in the south east in order to avoid this evil compatriots push him out.

If Yorubaman becomes the aviation minister tomorrow, the enugu airport will lose her status as an intl air route, mark my word.

Of course, Igbos know why the hawks are gathering over Stella's head, no one is deceived at all.

Enugu International airport has come to stay, and can only grow stronger, folks need to get used to that, and leave stella alone.

GEJ is not doing Igbos a favour, he is only providing a level playing ground for all groups to compete, this is the reason why we must support him, APC will want to maintain the status quo.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by kabaka1: 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
KenGali:

He is pondering cause unlike your overly educated self, he has seen nothing illegal or corrupt in the purported action. I am guessing he was simply smart enough to look up words he might not know before peddling them around, unlike yourself. I am sure a dictionary will do you a lot of good.

Just like him u're one if those gullible lot who don't even know when ur govt officials r cheating u with their lies
...that two bullet proof cars was bought 4 $1.6m & u don't see something fishy about that price because u don't know how do ur research on prices of bullet proof card by just using google.
Cos u don't that price inflation is one of d illegal n corrupt practices that naija's govt officials use to steal from people like u & me. I don't think u know that most of socalled govt money was generated thru d taxes u & I pay as citizens of Naija n any non judicious use of this money by public officials is an illegal n corrupt practice which warrants prosecution for any official found guilty of this act.

I know somebody like u won't get my point even if I sing it 2 u all day when u're busy cornering me by dissecting my grammar...n that is not even an issue here

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by kabaka1: 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
dontjealousme: Fact the cars are not her personal property.

Fact they are security vehicles belonging to the aviation ministry.

Fact Nigeria has insurgency that have even attacked the UN.

Fact Stella as minister for Aviation needs the security for her jobs that often involves going to Security volatile areas.

It's logical n understandable for her 2 have armored vehicles 4 her official duties, but d problem we have is d purported price of just 2 cars 4 $1.6m. Do ur research n u'll see that that price 4 those vehicles is very inflated. It's just d norm amongst our govt officials to inflate d cost of their expenditures, thus strangling their allocations n ministries' coffers
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by tdbanks: 12:04am On Oct 19, 2013
Napoleondegreat: Whether u force her to resign or not let nothing happen to the new International air port at Enugu.
Everybody get him own problem.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by dbride: 12:14am On Oct 19, 2013
eaglechild:
Pls my MD is working for the federal govt of Nigeria so shut it!
I repeat it is NO BIGGIE.

Who told you the issue is using a bulletproof car? I maintain my position about you, sheep brain.......and your federal govt 'bloody' MD parks his bulletproof car in his village while he uses another car to and from work? You left this unanswered. Oh yes, it is NO BIGGIE stealing from federal government of Nigeria, I guess you also eat from your 'bloody' MD's deep pocket. Understand a topic b4 you comment or STFU.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by anonimi: 1:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Pukkah:

This is a surprise.

So it's wrong to call for the Minister's resignation now because Dino failed to call for Ogun Speaker's resignation?

So Oduah should be left alone because of that?

Nigeria!

@anonimi, do you stand for integrity or not?

The issue now is not about Dino's cleanliness or integrity but about Oduah's actions.

It is because I stand for integrity that I am repulsed that we give space to Dino Melaye a WORSE crook to give ultimatum on OUR behalf here. If you do not understand that Dino is using this to get some credibility then you need to CHECK yourself!
Are there no credible people apart from useless Dino to speak for us

I have clearly expressed my views about Oduah's culpability and need for sanctions. I advise you to read and obtain complete knowledge on what you are discussing that you may not perish- Amen!
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Femolacaster(m): 4:09am On Oct 19, 2013
kaeto: at least i was given birth to by my by bloody losing dog in the mold of my filthy mother. And also I stupidly exist, by the virtue of my lunati.c impact and contribution, i have failed continually to be usefull for once is my life. I just pity the kids i am introducing to my accursed world as my children, i will continue wallowing in my insanity, afterall the curse and failure in my family is generational. Hopeless Efulefu di ka gi, oyiri nna ya na amu..
Correrted!
Do yourself a favour and stop displaying your insanity here....omo irankiran....
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Femolacaster(m): 4:22am On Oct 19, 2013
true2god: Thank u my broda. These yoruba pple believe they are smart and its unfortunate that some gullible igbo folks fall for their tricks.

Why all this noise about this your airport? Are u that backward? U even said your airport will affect Lagos airport revenue, is revenue in lagos airport for fashola or Fg? Why bringing yorubas to this issue?
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by PointB: 7:52am On Oct 19, 2013
@Pukkah,
I won't engage your effort to derail the thread. I know your boyfriend and tribesman is hovering over this thread look for whom to ban to satisfy his untoward agenda. Even though it is obvious you have made the bulk of your post about PointB rather than the topic, you will not get a three day ban from OAM4J. And we all know the reason for that. So I won't engage your inane baiting. Open a thread about PointB and perhaps we can have that chat. Until then stay on the topic. Not on my ar/se.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by PointB: 7:57am On Oct 19, 2013
@Topic,
the bullet proof cars are again purchased for the ministry/ministers use. Unlike the one Fashola purchased for Tinubu. It appears that this particular cars happens to be cheaper than that Fashola bought for himself and Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by true2god: 8:05am On Oct 19, 2013
Femolacaster:
Why all this noise about this your airport? Are u that backward? U even said your airport will affect Lagos airport revenue, is revenue in lagos airport for fashola or Fg? Why bringing yorubas to this issue?
A typical yoruba hypocrite. Ur pple hav always been critic and discouraging the need for any intl airport on enugu and recently one of ur flight captain was complaining of the negetive impact enugu airport wil hav on local airline business. R u not privy to this info?

Do u think its a co-incidence that all the pple calling for the minister's head are all yorubas? From FFK to Dino and a whole lot of Yoruba media houses publishing anti-stella articles, even before the bullet-proof car issue? Its never a co-incidence my guy. I tot u knw ur pple's DNA now wen it comes to tribalism and runnin pple down at all cost.

Where were ur anti-corruption crusaders wen FFK was the aviation minister? Y was FFK reluctant to upgrade the Enugu airport wen he was minister and refusing to approve the MoU for any international airline operator willing to do business there? Y did it take an Igbowoman to do wat FFK refused to do during his tenure?

I think u guys need hav a paradign shift and stop dis ur evil against other tribes. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi aknowledged that Yorubas are the prob of Nigeria. Open this link below.
www.nairaland.com/860099/yorubas-problem-nigeria
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Ngwakwe: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2013
Who is insinuating that the prices were inflated?

Dino stated in his Facebook page that he got his for N100M and is questioning why FAAN bought a newer model for N122M (N255M for two)

The Car is never a personal property of the minister neither is the agency brook nor did the agency neglect training of their staff as purported by the news report.

The said bullet proof cars are to be used in conveying other foreign dignitaries as the case may be.

The truth is that Saharareporters are confused and have deliberately deceived Nigerians into believing their assumption that each of the BMW was purchased at N255M instead of N122M each.

Saharareporters and Dino need to apologise to Nigerians for intentionally deceiving them with this witch-hunt of a gossips article.

There was no corruption in this whole saga just a perception of it due to media lies and witch-hunt.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Femolacaster(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2013
true2god: A typical yoruba hypocrite. Ur pple hav always been critic and discouraging the need for any intl airport on enugu and recently one of ur flight captain was complaining of the negetive impact enugu airport wil hav on local airline business. R u not privy to this info?

Do u think its a co-incidence that all the pple calling for the minister's head are all yorubas? From FFK to Dino and a whole lot of Yoruba media houses publishing anti-stella articles, even before the bullet-proof car issue? Its never a co-incidence my guy. I tot u knw ur pple's DNA now wen it comes to tribalism and runnin pple down at all cost.

Where were ur anti-corruption crusaders wen FFK was the aviation minister? Y was FFK reluctant to upgrade the Enugu airport wen he was minister and refusing to approve the MoU for any international airline operator willing to do business there? Y did it take an Igbowoman to do wat FFK refused to do during his tenure?

I think u guys need hav a paradign shift and stop dis ur evil against other tribes. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi aknowledged that Yorubas are the prob of Nigeria. Open this link below.
www.nairaland.com/860099/yorubas-problem-nigeria
Mr man, abeg stop this your childish kindergatten reasoning, that an ex captain (being a yoruba ) being against internationalizing Enugu airport means all yorubas are agains it? who even know that captain in SW? This is the noise most of your kinsmen are making. Didn't yorubas critisize bode george,obasanjo, tafa balogun etc As for FFK, go and settle any rift you have with him. If i may ask u, can u give me any prominent yoruba against your airport? Bloody hypocrite.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2013
kabaka1:

Just like him u're one if those gullible lot who don't even know when ur govt officials r cheating u with their lies
...that two bullet proof cars was bought 4 $1.6m & u don't see something fishy about that price because u don't know how do ur research on prices of bullet proof card by just using google.
Cos u don't that price inflation is one of d illegal n corrupt practices that naija's govt officials use to steal from people like u & me. I don't think u know that most of socalled govt money was generated thru d taxes u & I pay as citizens of Naija n any non judicious use of this money by public officials is an illegal n corrupt practice which warrants prosecution for any official found guilty of this act.

I know somebody like u won't get my point even if I sing it 2 u all day when u're busy cornering me by dissecting my grammar...n that is not even an issue here

Liar,
Are you sure you are not stupidly checking the price of the vehicles based ordinary BMW 7 series. Off course you must too smart to know the difference with a security vehicle.

In case you do not know, BMW does not advertise the price of their security vehicles on their web site. You have to submit you details and get screened to even download the brochure. You are here telling lies about internet research to make your lies plausible. Here is the official link go get the price http://www.bmw-security-vehicles.com/security_vehicles/en/index.html.

Further, the only quotes available are for the used vehicles. Here is the link http://www.bmw-security-vehicles.com/security_vehicles/en/_teaserpool_2010/download/shared/pdf/offer_7series_2006.pdf at €175,000 Euros, which is $240,000.00

If the used vehicle cost $240,000.00 dollars, how can Sahara and Dino Melaya claim the new vehicles can be bought for $200,000.00

Or let me guess, they could not decipher the difference between a used car and new vehicle.
Stop peddling lies that you cannot substantiate!
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by GOGMIG(m): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
sahararepoters nd news.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Emperor007: 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
The noise is all about Enugu International Airport , their propaganda coming from a particular region ( which is what they're known for ) wouldn't work.

Anybody that wants to sabotage Enugu International Airport will have high blood pressure.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by StOla: 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2013

I believe the Federal Government is responsible for the Customs Service who collect import duties on importations. So Lagos ports being decongested has no meaningful impact on the state of Lagos. Siting seaports anywhere in Nigeria still ensures that the money goes to the Federation, and unlike oil revenue, there's no consideration for the host community/state. So you can rest easy knowing that your Igbo importers don't pay Yorubas any money from their importation.

This above explanations apply to the airports too, wherever they may be sited in the country.

From my observation of threads on Nairaland, I've come to realise most Igbos live everyday with hate for other ethnicities in Nigeria. Even the SS they cling to for progress is done for exactly what it is - their selfish interest. Despite this deep rooted hatred for others, they have found opportunities and comfort outside of their own kind.

Everything this poster above has said makes me wonder what manner of life the average Igbo lives knowing that they have to pretend and hide their hatred so as to find footing on lands outside their domain, yet inwardly they despise the fact that they like all mankind need the interaction of others.

The bottom line remains that a tribe that cannot seem to learn from her past mistakes, rather continues to tow the same path that has brought the psychological trauma of today, would as usual find blame with all but herself.

A thieving public officer must be brought to book!

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Malawian(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
St.Ola:

I believe the Federal Government is responsible for the Customs Service who collect import duties on importations. So Lagos ports being decongested has no meaningful impact on the state of Lagos. Siting seaports anywhere in Nigeria still ensures that the money goes to the Federation, and unlike oil revenue, there's no consideration for the host community/state. So you can rest easy knowing that your Igbo importers don't pay Yorubas any money from their importation.

This above explanations apply to the airports too, wherever they may be sited in the country.

From my observation of threads on Nairaland, I've come to realise most Igbos live everyday with hate for other ethnicities in Nigeria. Even the SS they cling to for progress is done for exactly what it is - their selfish interest. Despite this deep rooted hatred for others, they have found opportunities and comfort outside of their own kind.

Everything this poster above has said makes me wonder what manner of life the average Igbo lives knowing that they have to pretend and hide their hatred so as to find footing on lands outside their domain, yet inwardly they despise the fact that they like all mankind need the interaction of others.

The bottom line remains that a tribe that cannot seem to learn from her past mistakes, rather continues to tow the same path that has brought the psychological trauma of today, would as usual find blame with all but herself.

A thieving public officer must be brought to book!

stop lying, yee-robber

there will fewer fashola touts at every street, collecting owo from containers.

honestly, i was amazed to learn that these container owners pay as high as 25k to area boys to facilitate movement of their containers through lagos.
one clearing agent came to make an account statement for his client, that was how i knew.

dont worry, let the ibaka sea port come on stream.

una never even begin hala sef.

e go do una for eyes.

whay do you yaribs still beleive you can ride roughshod over the igbo even till this day? the war is over more than a generation ago, if you want the status quo, you will have to fight another war.

tongue tongue tongue tongue

afa-ya 4 whatever, i don keep you in view now. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by StOla: 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
Malawian:

stop lying, yee-robber

honestly, i was amazed to learn that these container owners pay as high as 25k to area boys to facilitate movement of their containers through lagos.
one clearing agent came to make an account statement for his client, that was how i knew.

e go do una for eyes.

whay do you yaribs still beleive you can ride roughshod over the igbo even till this day? the war is over more than a generation ago, if you want the status quo, you will have to fight another war.

If touts operate with wanton disregard of the law and impose duties as you have alleged, on their own authority, shouldn't the Federal Government who control the police and other security apparatuses of state do something about it?

I repeat, the typical Igbo lives daily in hatred for anything/anyone not Igbo. Always trying to catch-up as some of their leaders have unknowingly admitted.

Now the catching-up has to do with seaports and airports

Cry babies!

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by StOla: 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
Malawian:

stop lying, yee-robber

e go do una for eyes.

If touts operate with wanton disregard of the law and impose duties as you have alleged, on their own authority, shouldn't the Federal Government who control the police and other security apparatuses of state do something about it?

I repeat, the typical Igbo lives daily in hatred for anything/anyone not Igbo. Always trying to catch-up as some of their leaders have unknowingly admitted.

Cry babies!
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by true2god: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
St.Ola:

Cry babies!
Yoruba pple are not tribalistic at all. They are the only saints in Nigeria.

Which tribe is calling for the removal of the finance minister? Yoruba
which tribe called for the removal of the former comptroller general of immigration? Yoruba
which tribe called for the disqualification of enugu rangers from this yr's caf champions league? Yoruba club.
Which tribe is vehemently against the removal of fuel subsidy? Yoruba.
Which tribe is currently enjoyin most of the fuel subsidy fraus going on today? Yoruba.
Which tribe is calling for the closure of enugu airport intl route? Yoruba?
Which tribe is calling for the removal of the the current aviation minister? Yoruba
which tribe came out to defend the more than 85% allocation of Niger-delta oil block to the North? Yoruba
Can u see u guys are the problem the south has, vis-a-vis the entire country and how Sanusi Lamido Sanusi could be right on his assertion that u guys are the rheumatism of Nigeria?
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by true2god: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
St.Ola:

Cry babies!

which tribe called for the removal of the former comptroller general of immigration? Yoruba
which tribe called for the disqualification of enugu rangers from this yr's caf champions league? Yoruba club.
Which tribe is currently enjoyin most of the fuel subsidy fraus going on today? Yoruba.
Which tribe is calling for the removal of the the current aviation minister? Yoruba
which tribe came out to defend the more than 85% allocation of Niger-delta oil block to the North? Yoruba
Can u see u guys are the problem the south has, vis-a-vis the entire country and how Sanusi Lamido Sanusi could be right on his assertion that u guys are the rheumatism of Nigeria?
St.Ola:

Cry babies!

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by true2god: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
St.Ola:

Cry babies!
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by true2god: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
St.Ola:

Cry babies!

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by Malawian(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
mrs odua, ada di ora mma, abeg buy bullet proof jacket and head tye join body jaree. these guys will kill you o. no be play paly be dis.
Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by StOla: 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
true2god: Yoruba pple are not tribalistic at all. They are the only saints in Nigeria.

First I must ask you if you are normal at all?

You decide to post the same text 5times to achieve what exactly? Is that the extent of the trembling fear and fingers you have whenever you hear about the Yorubas and the fact that your grand plan at domination in Nigeria is belied by the fact you still have the Yorubas stay ahead of you while your ilk continue to play catch-up?

Nigerians across board have called for the removal of the finance minister, same with Governors and other political leaders. Whatever their reason is, I believe they have been well articulated. What I can vouch for is that no one has called for her sack because she's Igbo. Also I see no benefit to the Yoruba tribe if she remains or not. Her merits or demerits affects Nigeria and not just her tribe or Yorubas.

The subsidy protest was a national matter that was thoroughly supported in the North and West. That the governors and peoples of the East and South chose ethnic affiliation and declined support for a fight that was just should have been a pointer to the rest of Nigeria that objectivity had been banished from those lands. Yet, we all enjoy whatever victory was obtained for the masses from that protest irrespective of tribe.
All manner of protests were waged against the Government of Obasanjo, and we Nigerians all joined to fight a just cause, Lagos and the West did not know then that other Nigerians wanted to bring down our hard working brother.
We castigated Obasanjo day and night, we have all castigated many a Northern leader, yet the North never voiced a tribal support for their own even if they desired such.

I repeat that the Yorubas have and would always call for the head of a culprit irrespective of tribe. We will never tire irrespective of Sanusi's or your opinion. We will make noise till things change for better for all Nigerians, just as we huff and puffed so Goodluck could assume control of the presidency even when the North would have preferred a President lying comatose in a foreign hospital. The East and the South was silent then, and the Lagos press they vilify now was their darling then just as it was when their tribesman was not in power.

Can you give any evidence of a Yoruba group, meeting and releasing a communique on the need to shut down the Airport in Enugu or elsewhere? You seem to over-exagerate the importance of this extra airport. Of what significance is it to Yorubas that Igbos can fly straight to their homeland rather than linkup with local flights from Lagos or Abuja? Are the Local airlines owned by Yorubas? The road transport companies that run inter state routes and whose eastern routes from North and West might suffer a decline due to the Enugu international flights, are they not owned by Igbos?

Igbos please relax with the paranoia. No one is chasing you, the war ended in 1970. Embrace Objectivity!

Enugu Rangers is a Professional club. Whoever might be calling for their disqualification must be a concerned party in the matter. Have you descended so low to take this matter as a tribal issue? Don't Nigerians of all tribes play in most of the clubs in the Nigerian League irrespective of their home location? Is this the extent of your hate for anything non Igbo? Would you have seen it as an ethnic battle if the club making the complaints was Enyimba or Heartland?

Chief Femi Falana (SAN) only came out with facts to counter an argument by a Senator regarding the North's majority ownership of oil blocks in Nigeria. When did it become an ethnic sin to contribute to an argument with factual details? You hate the North so much that you detest anyone and tribe who might argue to their benefit in your attempt to paint them as the problem of Nigeria.
Whenever the same Femi Falana argues to your benefit, he becomes your hero and you forget he is a Yoruba trouble maker.

The Comptroller General of immigration supervised a generally acknowledged shady recruitment into the force. She was also alleged to have replied her Northern supervising Minister of interior that she had no plans to recruit Boko Haram into the Immigration Service, and refused to abort the recruitment as instructed by her Northern minister. Yet you have the nerve to mention the Yoruba in this matter. You hate the Yorubas this much?

Nigerians across board have called for the removal of the Aviation Minister for being implicated in the same subsidy scandal you've alluded too. She's been implicated in this corruption laden car purchase by the NCAA. Yet you're here yapping about Yorubas. How objective are you then concerning your oil subsidy concerns?

That Igbos have distanced themselves from matters that their own kind would receive punishment while continuously chanting choruses with the mob when it involves others is a salient lesson on the Igbo character I have learnt from you and your ilk. The same clannish bond that made a murderous Major Ifeajuna in the West suddenly turn a diplomat sitting for tea in the East when he encountered the Eastern Premier - his prime target there.

You have set a precedent for the rest of Nigeria, atleast be proud that others would have to play catch-up with you in this regard.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Given 72-hour Ultimatum To Resign By Anti-corruption Network by funnyx(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
@stOla
These people will never change, it's obvious they've been indoctrinated with hatred for anything Yoruba right from the cradle so whatever you say now won't change them. My major concern is if well educated and exposed igbos continue to keep quiet and allows these dregs to keep painting igbos as very clannish and bigoted set of people they might succeed in making other Nigerians form their negative opinion about the whole igbo race.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CBN Bullion Van Rams Into Ogun Governor’s Convoy / 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP / Senate Inaugurates Constitution Review Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.