Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group (1912 Views)

Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan / You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by chidichris(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2008
The on-going probe of the Aviation industry has been described as a continuation of a grand scheme by a hegemonic cabal to stop the Yorubas from gaining political influence and prominence in the Nigerian polity.

A socio-cultural Yoruba group, Yoruba Alert made this known in a release signed by its co-ordinator, Mr. Wale Ibipeju Oniru, and made available to the Saturday Tribune.

The group revealed that the plan to relegate the Yorubas to the background in the mainstream politics was hatched, tendered and nurtured during the tenure of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo who tacitly and covertly gave his backing, though unaware, through his non-tribal posture.

The group pointed out that the hegemonic cabal was stunned by Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s daring moves in his early days in government firstly by authorising the relocation of the headquarters of some parastatals like the Nigerian Port Authority, NPA, and others back to Lagos and most embarrassing to the cabal, by inviting Late Chief Ajibola Ige to serve in the Ministry of Power and Steel.

Chief Obasanjo also went a step further by making Yoruba man, Chief S.M Afolabi, the Minister for Internal Affairs, the first Yoruba occupant in the history of the position.

The hegemonic cabal which had planted itself firmly in the presidency and commanded awesome influence and membership had come out with an operation code named: “CLIPWING,” which was to mobilise and exert all influence humanly possible at ensuring the relegation of the Yorubas in national political relevance, the group said.

wonders shall never end. shamelessness is the worst disease.
who is out to bring the yorubas down.
when the eastern govs were under the fires of obj, it was not an attempt ruin the ibos, now that the same corruption fighting organ is working on our aviation, it has turned into an attempt.
well, if that is what it is, i foresee more attempts because the objs, the adenugas, ettehs and gerangs etc will soon be on deck.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by idupaul: 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2008
If Yoruba people \dont want to be brought down then why did both Yoruba men decide to put their fingers into govt treasury, haha Bring Yoruba down my foot, the only thing being brought down is corruption.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by abdurrazaq(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2008
http://www.tribune.com.ng/05072008/news/news7.html
Those group are foolish and a disgrace to the Yoruba people. I am also a Yoruba and I know that the culture of the Yorubas does not permit curroption in any form. Let those ex-ministers be investigated thoroughly and be punished accordingly if found guilty. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by obiem(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2008
What a dumb, myopic and short thinking group. To think that the aviation probe was set up to get back at their kinsmen how ridiculous. Weren't they[ Fani Kayode and Borishade] the ones in charge of the ministry when this scam was discovered? This ethnic politics played in this country is the sole reason why we will continue to take one step forward and two steps backward inthis county.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by DisGuy: 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2008
Mr. Wale Ibipeju Oniranu!
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by blacksta(m): 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2008
What a ridiclous topic it is only in nigeria that a theif has mouth as earlier said nobody is bringing anybody down u steal or mismanage you should get probed or locked whatever tribe you are. The only people fearfull are theives who are looking to divert attention from their insecurity
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by spoilt(f): 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2008
i cant believe im here. grin
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by iseobio(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2008
This is ridiculous. Instead of the yorubas to be ashamed of themselves, they are shouting on marginalisation and persecution. Is it moral for a minister in the aviation industry to embezzle all the money meant to protect lives and live and affluent live jusst to be among the prominent nigerians? Dont you know that the funds released are directly linked to human lives? if there is no total radar coverage, then the planes will keep missing. In fact they should be hanged for all the air mishaps they have caused.

If the Yorubas want to support such people and their actions, then they bear a collective guilt and are all murderers. The recent revelations shows that a Yoruba man is not capable of rulling this country. Power generation has dwiundled and all the huge investment is going to a bottomless pit, heatlh is poor becasuse a yoruba person embezzled $300m, aviation industry is grinding to a halt because yorubas embezzled billions.

If I were a yoruba person I would be ashamed of my self and my race.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by bilymuse: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2008
rubbish, hope they probe Obasanjo too.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by deor03(m): 12:20am On Jul 06, 2008
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by RedHotChic(f): 7:46am On Jul 09, 2008
Those group are foolish and a disgrace to the Yoruba people. I am also a Yoruba and I know that the culture of the Yorubas does not permit curroption in any form. Let those ex-ministers be investigated thoroughly and be punished accordingly if found guilty. Angry Angry
I love you.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by dayokanu(m): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2008
I dont know why people are hyperventilating WHo knows the group so one group can come outside and claim they are representing Igbo's or Hausas

Oniru who the hell is he? Do they even know him on his street?

They should probe and let them rot in Jail particularly that Fanny Kayode and OBj should rot in jail.
I want the coming generation to see their Grafiti on kirikiri walls " OBJ and Fanny were here"
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by desgiezd(m): 9:59am On Jul 09, 2008
Yoruba Alert - A faceless group

Its Leader, Wale Ibipeju Oniru - A name that doesnt ring a bell

I don't think one should waste one's time reading about their illogical statement and views in respect of probe of the aviation sector. They're simply noise makers polluting the atmosphere! Shioooooo

Abeg, lets devote our time to more serious national issues
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by bluehorizo(m): 10:42am On Jul 09, 2008
What group is Ypruba Alert? Who is Wale Monkey? Useless ape trying to make name for himself. Cast all of the looters into eternal jail! Wale Oniranu is just a confusionist that wants to use the media for self recognition.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by chidichris(m): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2008
am still swiming in the ocean of wonders. how thieves have refused to be ashamed of themselves these days.
nigeria na waa.
when atiku was caught, instead of showing remorse, he said we are many.
when iyabo obj was caught, instead of showing remorse, she said they are after me because of my father.
when obj was accused of sleeping with his daughter in-law, instead of crying over his sin, he said i know is orji uzo kalu who is instigating my son as if kalu was with him when he committed the act.
one thing is sure, all these mery go round will stop the day the leader of this gang of robbers is will be put behind the bars.
I HOPE I DID NOT SAY OBJ IS THE LEADER OF THE GROUP?
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by ow11(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2008
@chidi

It is amazing. A group of people given jobs to run a ministry decided it was an opportunity to buy houses in Knightsbridge. When they are called to state how they spent money given to them, Another set of hoodlums cry out and label it tribalism. So that when their 'heros' sre set free, they can share the booty with them. Nigeria is really AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by youngies(m): 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2008
Yoruba Alert - This sounds like a yahoo yahoo club

Mr. Wale Ibipeju Oniru - This guy must be operating somewhere around Ilesha motor park

But I 'm just curious how a whole Tribune Newspaper could allow such felons to use thier platform to disgrace the yorubas lipsrsealed.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by naijaking1: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2008
Very sad. While a lot of people condenm this group and their position, the truth is they speak the 'unwritten feeling and attitude of many Nigerians'

Not just Yorubas, but there are also Igbos, Hausas, etc who would rather be tribalistic than objective regarding actions of their own tribespeople. Afteral, corruption means stealing from the central (no man's land) government and bringing it "home"
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by lucabrasi(m): 7:45pm On Jul 09, 2008
you all shouldnt be suprised,its a normal tactic from politicians,ibori did it,kalu did it,borishade too is doing it,theres a company where they rent crowds and carry placards and the like and follow their scrips as long as they can pay
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by buchio7(m): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2008
naijaking1:

Very sad. While a lot of people condenm this group and their position, the truth is they speak the 'unwritten feeling and attitude of many Nigerians'

Not just Yorubas, but there are also Igbos, Hausas, etc who would rather be tribalistic than objective regarding actions of their own tribespeople. Afteral, corruption means stealing from the central (no man's land) government and bringing it "home"

Omo which kain yarn u just dey talk so? point of correction "many" nigerians do nt tow dis line this group is postulating on d contrary many nigerians would care less where personalities com frm but wld like to see a personality who knws his onions and does his job judiciously,

whipping up ethn ic sentiments to cover up the share indecent,unscrupulous natue of pulic officials is to say the least stupid,
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by RedHotChic(f): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2008

I think every common Nigerian is not buying this overused tribalism excuse our leaders use to cover their sins. Even the common hausas are beginning to understand why poverty is the highest in their land when they've been ruling Nigeria for ages. These politicians form a Paris club, protect themselves from the public outcry by blindfolding people with tribal sentiments.

Imagine, what has being ibo or yoruba or hausa got to do with the price of gasoline, rice, bad roads, ASUU strike, deplorable schools and hospitals etc?. If you are ibo and prefer a better road in your village instead one in Ibadan, you may die from a motor accident along the Ibadan road while the one in your village is lying waste. Where did colonel Adisa die? Will he ever believe that he'll die from the negligence of the govt they once ran, looted money and refused to fix the roads? Our hospitals are nothing to write home about, they are so foolish that even if they neglet everything, healthcare shouldn't be messed with because you may not have time to rush abroad for treatment.

It's a huge step tho because it shows that in no distant time, Nigerians will overgrow tribalism and pick out the culprits in this evil. Babangida shouldn't be surprised if his kinsman rise up one day to jail him for life.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by RedHotChic(f): 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2008
Yoruba Alert - A faceless group

Its Leader, Wale Ibipeju Oniru - A name that doesnt ring a bell

I don't think one should waste one's time reading about their illogical statement and views in respect of probe of the aviation sector. They're simply noise makers polluting the atmosphere! Shioooooo

Abeg, lets devote our time to more serious national issues
May be he was one of the disciples of Adedibu.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by doyin13(m): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2008
Which is more shocking?

An unknown quantity, Mr Oniru, claiming some fanciful tribal theory

or the likes of Buhari, Babangida and Abubakar, ex heads of state,
absolving Abacha of any looting of the treasury
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by RedHotChic(f): 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2008
Which is more shocking?

absolving Abacha of any looting of the treasur
The latter.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by kingdong(m): 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2008
doyin13:

Which is more shocking?

Samemu ni !
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by lucabrasi(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2008
doyin13:

Which is more shocking?

spot on,end of!!
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2008
I wonder why stupid Nigerian journalists give these sought of useless, illiterate buffoons media space.

iseobio:
This is ridiculous. Instead of the yorubas to be ashamed of themselves, they are shouting on marginalisation and persecution. Is it moral for a minister in the aviation industry to embezzle all the money meant to protect lives and live and affluent live jusst to be among the prominent nigerians? Dont you know that the funds released are directly linked to human lives? if there is no total radar coverage, then the planes will keep missing. In fact they should be hanged for all the air mishaps they have caused.

If the Yorubas want to support such people and their actions, then they bear a collective guilt  and are all murderers. The recent revelations shows that a Yoruba man is not capable of rulling this country. Power generation has dwiundled and all the huge investment is going to a bottomless pit, heatlh is poor becasuse a yoruba person embezzled $300m, aviation industry is grinding to a halt because yorubas embezzled billions.

If I were a yoruba person I would be ashamed of my self and my race.

Iseobio, you are a retard!!!

Why should I be ashamed of myself?

Illiterate fool, your family should be the one ashamed.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by kingdong(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2008
Sagamite:

Iseobio, you are a retard!!!

Why should I be ashamed of myself?

Illiterate fool, your family should be the one ashamed.

Easy o !
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by SENATORJD(m): 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2008
@sagamite no easy anything.y should he generalize and insult yorubas?
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by Sagamite(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2008
SENATOR JD:

This is the problem I have with online forums. Every illiterate dimwit with money for cafe can air their falderal.
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by SENATORJD(m): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
SENATOR JD:

Sagamite:

This is the problem I have with online forums. Every illiterate dimwit with money for cafe can air their falderal.
am assuming that was not to me sagamite? because the[b] he[/b] there was reffering to iseobio,
just wanted to be sure
Re: Aviation Probe Is To Pull Down Yoruba - Group by 1luvkipsus: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2008
Which probe brought down the Yoruba in Tafa Balogun, Sunday Eheindero, Adenike Grange, Iyabo Obasonjo, Olubunmi Etteh, Ogunlewe, etc? Probe or no probe, the people have been known for two things; Self - acclaimed academics and CRIMINALS. A third one is tribalism. We know them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Barack Obama Should Resign? / Nigeria Senate Passes Anti-money Laundering Bill / PDP Moves Against Amaechi •forms New Gov’s Forum •akpabio Is New Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.