Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo (4286 Views)

VP Osinbajo Lambasts Northern Leaders / Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 24, 2014
A Yoruba socio-cultural group, Oodua
Development Initiative, has lambasted
former President Olusegun Obasanjo over
his recent statement on Jonathan’s
administration. The group has shown its anger towards
Obasanjo for describing and rating President
Goodluck Jonathan’s performance as below
average. Punch reports that the patron of
the group, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, said it was
not as if the former president ruled Nigeria
properly during his time. Odumakin said that
the former president mismanaged Nigeria
during his over 10 non-consecutive years
as president. http://www.naij.com/329959-yoruba-group-
lambaste-obasanjo.html

6 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by EmoBoy(m): 8:10am On Nov 24, 2014
Everybody hates OBJ

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by thinkdip(m): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2014
That's it, when he was the president even ota his home was dilapidated and in mess, na looting upon looting, ordinary bridge he could not build in sango until his last month in office..because of him sango ota where him farm dey still lie in mess and in bad condition.

18 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 24, 2014
EmoBoy:
Everybody hates OBJ
For the first time the Yoruba group hav said the truth...
I wish they can also say that to those APC
rascals like Kwankwaso,Fashola, Amaechi,
Buhari, and yoruba malam Tinubu.God Bless Jonathan

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2014
thinkdip:
That's it, when he was the president even ota his home was dilapidated and in mess, na looting upon looting, ordinary bridge he could not build in sango until his last month in office..because of him sango ota where him farm dey still lie in mess and in bad condition.
The politically antiquated Ape always tinks he
owns Nigeria and must rule even from his otta
farm. Disgusting!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by isrecole: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2014
Obasanjo was just rabblerousing. He's dazed that GEJ is contesting against his wish. So Obasanjo wants to rubbish GEJ's government in order to pave way for his Party,APC. But Obj has missed it completely because Yorubas will forever appreciate GEJ for the ongoing expansion of Lagos/Ibadan Express road which he Obasanjo did not do for the Yorubas. For the road alone Jonathan is our hero! In terms of achievements Jonathan is far ahead of Obasanjo, I swear!!!!!!!!

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by 2cato: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Obj the coward of the country who gave away bakasi to the cameroon with thinking twice. Chadians are sponsoring BH so as to make nigerians parted way with their oil field in boronstan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Fire15: 9:01am On Nov 24, 2014
profjustine458:
A Yoruba socio-cultural group, Oodua
Development Initiative, has lambasted
former President Olusegun Obasanjo over
his recent statement on Jonathan’s
administration. The group has shown its anger towards
Obasanjo for describing and rating President
Goodluck Jonathan’s performance as below
average. Punch reports that the patron of
the group, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, said it was
not as if the former president ruled Nigeria
properly during his time. Odumakin said that
the former president mismanaged Nigeria
during his over 10 non-consecutive years
as president. http://www.naij.com/329959-yoruba-group-
lambaste-obasanjo.html
Another offshoot of Afenifere( alatenuje) with Yinka as it Patron. These people are Not "Omoluabis", they're "Omoales". These greedy lot will throw their parents under the bus for peanuts. I really wonder how a beautiful and wonderful person Joe, is coping with this guy, with his malodorous breath and rapacious disposition.

5 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by arabbunkum: 9:12am On Nov 24, 2014
OBJ is a disgusting old pig that ravaged this country with impunity. He should never think that Nigerians are fools.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by amakufrancis(m): 9:17am On Nov 24, 2014
Good one coming from the yorubas.

8 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 24, 2014
what were obj's achievements if i may ask?
Somebody should just tell me. I could
remember obj seizing lagos state fed allocation
for months when tinubu was gov..it was
yaradua that came and released out the
money. Obj closed ibeto's cement and
bizness4 no just cause..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by chamboy(m): 9:42am On Nov 24, 2014
profjustine458:

we love d Truth just has we gonna vote for our Man

2 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2014
I remember what OBJ told IBB that he was in
charge when IBB was talking anyhow but
Jonathan as a humbly man has never told
anyone anything. God bless Jonathan and
Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by omarlee(m): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Mr Yinka is a JonaTANian stooge. He has no moral asset to lambast Obj. Eventhough Obj is evil, but is better than the cabal's puppet called jonaTAN.

2 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by mrvitalis(m): 10:04am On Nov 24, 2014
but what has jonathan got to show for over $150bn
in 6 years
....i honestly feel OBJ was right even if he has his own fault

2 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by DonaldGenes(m): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2014
Lmao! But come to think of it, why all these visceral dislike against OBj which is their Own son? I found it floudering awkward?

What really is his sins against his ethnic folks?

Is it that OBJ never did any developmental project in any of the south west state?

Without Obj, none of us would have even think of using phones? That I will ever live to remember him for that. No one can argue that

Also, he tried in cancelling our huge embarrassing Debts, our cash Reserved was growing exponentially in his tenure. .I still remember

Do not get me wrong, the ex-president had his good and bad days as the president of Nigeria but there was no way he was as saintly as any of his fellow kinsmen will made him look.

Someone schøøl me please!
Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by JEITO: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2014
Attack and counter attack. Reminds me of 1st half of Liverpool vs Chelsea grin grin
Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by DonaldGenes(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2014
JEITO:
Attack and counter attack. Reminds me of 1st half of Liverpool vs Chelsea grin grin

I would say "Good for Biz"
Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by mrofficial(m): 10:51am On Nov 24, 2014
My own group said the Yoruba socio-cultural group, Oodua Development Initiative are not qualified to reply Obasanjo. undecided

1 Like

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Collynzo9: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Without Obj, none of us would have small making use of phones? That I will ever live to remember him for that. No one can argue that

You are a big big big fool!
Did OBJ invent GSM technology?
What an idiotic statement!

12 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by jamace(m): 11:33am On Nov 24, 2014
mrvitalis:
but what has jonathan got to show for over $150bn
in 6 years
....i honestly feel OBJ was right even if he has his own fault
Must you form blindness because you hate GEJ? Now, tell us what OBJ achieved during his tenures.

2 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by mrvitalis(m): 11:40am On Nov 24, 2014
jamace:
Must you form blindness because you hate GEJ? Now, tell us what OBJ achieved during his tenures.
one for a fact OBJ had 45% of the resources jonathan has...so u know
...his greatest achievement was to stabilize democracy ....do u think Jonathan could have ruled then?
...telecom and bank reform
...decentralization of our military
...cleared our dept to secure our future
.....abuja national stadium
....i can name more

2 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by iconize(m): 11:43am On Nov 24, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Without Obj, none of us would have small making use of phones? That I will ever live to remember him for that. No one can argue that

You're a drunken mooron!

I wonder the institution that produced this mooron.

Nigerians lack basic knowledge.

A nation that has no quality education system will only produce ignorant folks like sagamite and your moronic self.

Tell us, who taught you that Obasanjo is the inventor of GSM?

7 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:54am On Nov 24, 2014
OBJ IS A SHAMELESS OLD MAN

2 Likes

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Trailblazer1(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2014
When the performing and corruption-free Obasanjo was in power Nigeria was rated 2nd most corrupt nation in the world by Transparency International, but under the clueless and corrupt leadership of Jonathan Nigeria is now ranked 34th most corrupt nation in the world by the same Transparency International.

Please stop the persecution.
Jonathan must rule till 2019.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by Trailblazer1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
omarlee:
Mr Yinka is a JonaTANian stooge. He has no moral asset to lambast Obj. Eventhough Obj is evil, but is better than the cabal's puppet called jonaTAN.

My brother,
Evil is evil. Evil can never be better than anything. If Obj is evil according to you, then he is no better than anything except the devil. Even the devil is evil.
Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by jamace(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
mrvitalis:

one for a fact OBJ had 45% of the resources jonathan has...so u know
...his greatest achievement was to stabilize democracy ....do u think Jonathan could have ruled then?
...telecom and bank reform
...decentralization of our military
...cleared our dept to secure our future
.....abuja national stadium
....i can name more

If you want to know what GEJ did with your money (including other achievements), here they are:
EDUCATION
1. 125 Almajiri Schools in 13 Northern States
2. 27 Special girls school
3. 34 new NCE awarding institutions
4. 101 Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and development
5. 10 Million increase in Basic education enrolment (UBEC)
6. 75% Increase in O'Level credit pass in Math and English
7. 100 Innovation Enterprise Institutions licensed
8. 7000 lecturers sponsored for post graduate studies home and abroad
9. 51 Polytechnic laboratories rehabilitated
10. Doubled increase on Education allocation
11. 104 candidates scaled the final hurdle (First Class Graduates) for Presidential scholarship award and were asked to apply to study in any of the top 25 universities in the world approved for the scheme for their PhD.
12. When GEJ assume power in 2010 98% of students that sat for NECO failed to make 5 credits including mathematics and English, as at 2013 70% of students that sat for NECO make 5 credits including maths and English.
13. All states of the federation without a federal university had one each during GEJ Government and they are listed below (12 New Federal Universities). Imagine Number of jobs created for both academic and non-academic staffs and percentage of awaiting students fixed into these schools (Note: 9 out of these 12 universities are in Northern Nigeria).
 Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State. —North Central.
 Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. ——-North Central.
 Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State.– North East.
 Federal University, Wakari, Taraba State. —-North East.
 Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.-North West.
 Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State.——-North West.
 Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —South South.
 Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State.-South East.
 Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.——-South West.
 Federal University Gashua, Yobe State —-North East.
 Federal University Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi state.——-North West.
 Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State.——-North West.

TRANSPORTATION
Rail Transport:
14. Revitalisation of the railway sector resulting into annual volume of people moved by April 2014 to be 5Million against 1Million of people moved prior to GEJ government.
15. Completed the reconstruction of Lagos-Kano Railway Line that was moribund for many years with no single train movement for 15years but GEJ fixed it in 1year.
16. Kaduna Railway Line is at 85% completion
17. Improvement in rail transportation by a pilot scheme of AC fitted trains in Lagos.
18. Port-Harcourt to Maiduguri rail line abandoned for over 30years is at about 90% completion.
19. Other rail way under construction are:
 Lagos-Kano Rail
 Kano-Maiduguri, under construction
 Lagos-Portharcourt Under construction:
 Kaduna-Abuja
 Abuja Standard Gauge Rail axis
Road Transportation
20. The following roads are getting the attention of federal government.
 Apapa - Oshodi Expressway (Undergoing Construction)
 Benin-Ore-Sagamu Highway (Completed Benin-Ore, Sagamu Ongoing)
 Enugu-Portharcourt Dual carriage way (Undergoing Construction)
 Kano - Maiduguri Road (Undergoing Dualisation)
 Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Road (Undergoing Dualisation)
 Onitsha-Owerri Road (Completed)
 Vom-Manchok Road (Completed)
 Onitsha Head Bridge - Flyover (Ojukwu Gateway) [Completed by Gov Obi did and got federal refund]
 Onitsha - Enugu Road (Under Reconstruction)
 Lokoja - Benin Road (Under Reconstruction)
 Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Under Reconstruction after 30years)
 Mokwa-Bida Road (Under Reconstruction)
 Akure-Ilesha Road (Under Reconstruction)
 East-West Road (Under Reconstruction)
 Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega Road (Under Reconstruction)
 Enugu- Abakaliki- Cross River Road (Under Reconstruction)
 Ogoja - Ikom Road (Under Reconstruction)
 Vandekiya-Obudu Road (Under Reconstruction)
 The Second Niger Bridge was concessioned to Juluis Berger and massive early works have commenced
 Massive construction is ongoing on Lokko-Owetto bridge across River Benue.
Air Transport/ Aviation
21. National Aviation Master plan and Road map was developed and is being implemented
22. Air Safety - INSTALLATION of cutting age navigational aids and Instruments Landing Systems, including runway lights and Total Radar Coverage (TRACON)
23. Airport Infrastructure - For the first time in three decades, ALL 22 federally owned airports are being remodelled and renovated
24. Cargo Airport - 16 airports close to nation's food baskets designed to transport perishables.
25. New Terminal for 5 International Airports at Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu.
26. Certification - US Category 1 Certification attained.

INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
27. Under GEJ, Nigeria has three automobile industries manufacturing vehicles already, Innoson in Nnewi, Peaugeot in Kaduna and Nissan in Lagos. Kia and Toyota are already working on their assembly Plants in Lagos while there is an indication that about 30 car manufacturing companies has signified interests.
28. Nigeria exports cement after becoming self-sufficient of our local demand (this is a feat that was not achieved for many decades).

AGRICULTURE
29. Rice production rose from 1.5Metric Ton from 2010 to 3.5Metric Tons in 2013
30. Nigeria became world leader in cassava production.
31. Nigeria food import reduced by 500Million per annum
32. 6Million farmers now assess fertilizers through the e-wallet systems and this now helps government to cut N50Billion annually from corrupt middlemen.

NATIONAL PLANNING/ DEVELOPMENT
33. GEJ government introduced the green wall initiative to tackle desertification in the Northern part of Nigeria by planting 6,720,000 trees so far in 10 northern states.
34. UN Statistics shows that life expectancy in Nigeria before GEJ government was 47yrs and the statistics present figure shows it is 52% (If government takes the blame of everything in a nation then it should also takes commendation of anything in the nation)
35. Time to clear goods in Nigerian Ports before GEJ introduced reforms is 38days as at 2009 but it has been reduced to 7days.
INFORMATION/ TECHNOLOGY
36. Established 266 public access venues for ICT in 2013.
37. Established 156 Rural IT Centres and 110 community communication centres so far.

ECONOMY
38. 3 Billion Naira grant given to Nollywood to encourage their contribution to National GDP.
39. At 7% GDP Growth, Nigeria economy is one of the fastest growing in the world and the biggest in Africa.
40. Value of stocks in the Nigerian stock exchange as at 2009 was N9.92Trillion but as at December 2013 the value of Nigerian stock is N13.23Trillion
41. As at 2013 ending the value of Foreign Direct Investment in Nigeria is $7Billion making Nigeria the number one recipient of foreign direct investment in Africa.
42. Nigeria became biggest economy in African overtaking South Africa.
43. Wall street journal adjudged Nigeria as No 1 destination of foreign investors in the world rating Nigeria with 29.57% of total world FDI, Argentina is 2nd while Vietnam came 3rd.
44. Inflation rate before GEJ came to power is 15% presently inflation rate is 9%
45. Volume of imported rice consumed in Nigeria cut down by almost 50% (This has made naira to circulate within the country better) and 100% of rice eaten in aso rock is made in Nigeria.
46. Non-Oil Revenue accrued to government before GEJ government stood at N843Billion but in 2013 Non-oil revenue stood at N1.34Trillion.

HOUSING/ WELFARE
47. Mortgage - The Nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Corporation was set up to enable 200,000 affordable mortgages within 5 years at affordable interest rate.
48. Over 61,000 housing units have been built in six geographical zones.

SPORTS
49. African Nations Cup (last won in 1994)
50. Fifa U-17 (Last won in 2007)
51. Word Athletic Championship 4 medals (No medal since 2000)

POWER/ ELECTRICITY
52. Privatised PHCN and Power Generating Plants undergoing constructions in different
states.
53. Power generation increased from 2,200MegaWatt to 7,000MegaWatt installed capacity and Nigeria presently generates about 4500MegaWatt.

LEADERSHIP STYLE
54. GEJ has no foreign account, no property aboard and all his kids/ wards school here in Nigeria.
55. Gender friendly government by encouraging the 35% affirmative for women in government.
 Appointed about 10 female ministers
 First Female Chief Justice of Nigeria
 Female Head of Court of Appeal
 Female Acting Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria
 Female DG of Nigerian Stock Exchange etc
 Removing the bar of admitting female into Nigeria Defence Academy (Now we will have female armoured tank drivers, female Para-troopers, Jumpers, and so on)
56. Encouragement of youth participation in government with relatively young members of executive cabinet (Average age of 50s) with young ministers like Dr. Nurudeen Mohammed who is the minister of state for foreign affairs (born 20th August 1976 and he is the youngest minister in Nigeria since return to democracy), Tamuno Danagogo who is the minister of sports.

https://www.nairaland.com/1826022/56-punch-list-president-goodluck-ebele/1#24928343

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by donmalcolm21(m): 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2014
Obj, plz join APC and continue your sinister plots there because you are being choked by Fresh Air
Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by lilbazy(m): 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
chamboy:
we love d Truth just has we gonna vote for our Man
am sure that nigga(buhari) ruled ur dad,and u are still clamouring for his return to rule you....literally speaking you are a morron.
Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by masseratti: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
Fire15:

Another offshoot of Afenifere( alatenuje) with Yinka as it Patron. These people are Not "Omoluabis", they're "Omoales". These greedy lot will throw their parents under the bus for peanuts. I really wonder how a beautiful and wonderful person Joe, is coping with this guy, with his malodorous breath and rapacious disposition.
I can't see anywhere in that report where they hail Gej,they are simply telling Obj he is the root cause of what we are facing right now,he is not a saint either.
Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by masseratti: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
profjustine458:

the major difference between the Yorubas and other ethnic groups in Nigeria us that they will tell it to your face no matter highly placed you are even though they are the most respectful.

Can you with all honesty say we are having the best if times under this administration?
Re: You're Not Qualified To Assess Jonathan - Yoruba Group Lambasts Obasanjo by chamboy(m): 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
lilbazy:
am sure that nigga(buhari) ruled ur dad,and u are still clamouring for his return to rule you....literally speaking you are a morron.
yea he did rule my dad. And my Dad is a huge fan... get yr hate to u. N Ur family alone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Civil War Began On This Day 49-years Ago(pics) / BIAFRA: The Wind Of Biafra Blows In Agatu, Idoma Land- Pictures / The PVC Conspiracy Against The Igbos Of SE/SS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.