Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,395 members, 7,846,655 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls (6551 Views)

Engine Revving! / Where Can I Get A 2009 Honda City? / Help! My Honda 1998 Keeps Revving Up Amd Down When Running Idle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by cardoctor(m): 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
elektra80:

If u don't know about something, its better not to say anything than make a false statement. Well i will categorically tell u that some Honda civic have 8 plugs, and no they are not v8 but i4 . Ever heard of Intelligence-dual and sequential Ignition (I-DSI).Which means 2 spark plugs are employed in each cylinder making a total of 8 spark plugs instead of 4. This ensures utilizing every drop of fuel thrown into the cylinders leading to better mpg. So bro, do ur research and re phrase ur statement.

What a load of boll@cks. Abeg gerrout. Is fuel in the combustion chamber counted by drops? Why would you support the road side mechanic idea of removing 4 of the 8 plugs that the car is supposed to be running on and drive the car for a while like that? And the logic that the car has too many plugs. This is an intellectual forum for petrol heads and car enthusiasts not a roadside mechanic under the tree argument corner.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by elektra80: 11:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
car-doctor:

What a load of boll@cks. Abeg gerrout. Is fuel in the combustion chamber counted by drops?

Mr Car doctor or should I say quack doctor, I have always respected u on this forum but u just fall my hand. SO which one is a load of boll@cks? That a honda city cannot have 8 plugs or that the 8 plugs don't help improve the mpg. You are the one asking someone if he learnt mechanic under a tree, I think u must have learnt urs under a bridge.

Honda have different engine types, the V-TEC, I-DSI, etc. V-TEC is very common because its found in accords and civics. I-DSI is found in some Honda city, Honda Jazz, etc. It uses 2 spark plugs that are opposite diagonally at the top of each cylinder, that makes it total of 8 spark plugs. The first spark ignites the air and fuel mixture, the same way as with a conventional ignition, while the second spark fires slightly later and ignites any excess fuel in the cylinder. So if I say its utilizing every drop of fuel does that mean I am actually measuring in drops? I made my point that it maximizes fuel economy and achieve complete combustion and achieve a lower level of exhaust emission.

Now what the heck are u talking about bullock, abi because u dey call urself car (quack) doctor that makes u know everything? Anbef waka pass.
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by elektra80: 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
car-doctor:

What a load of boll@cks. Abeg gerrout. Is fuel in the combustion chamber counted by drops? Why would you support the road side mechanic idea of removing 4 of the 8 plugs that the car is supposed to be running on and drive the car for a while like that? And the logic that the car has too many plugs. This is an intellectual forum for petrol heads and car enthusiasts not a roadside mechanic under the tree argument corner.

Car-Doctor.

I can see that u can't read English, if u wore ur glasses u will understand that I was on ur side. I didn't support removing 4 plugs as all plugs work hand in hand. I was replying the guy that said a Honda civic can never have 8 plugs
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by elektra80: 11:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
car-doctor:

Car-Doctor.

If u were patient enough to read u should have seen I posted earlier that OP should never remove any of the plugs.

Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by elektra80: 8:05am On Oct 19
lomomike:

The 'D' light blinks, I am suspecting an error in the gearbox as the culprit. Sir, did you at any time in the past work on your gearbox or even changed the Automatic Transmission Fluid?

As for the '8 Plugs' I'm not sure Honda city have 8 plugs, I think the recommended numbers of spark plugs used in Honda City is 4 spark plugs.

@lomomike
some Honda city have Intelligence-dual and sequential Ignition (I-DSI).Which means 2 spark plugs are employed in each cylinder making a total of 8 spark plugs instead of 4. This ensures utilizing every drop of fuel thrown into the cylinders leading to better mpg. So op, check the plugs again, make sure they are OEM recommended and don't remove any of the plugs like someone suggested. Also for the D light flashing, scan the car and post the codes. Might be a solenoid on the gearbox or probably u need to change the ATF.

as for the jerking, a lot of things can cause this, not just plugs. Might be fuel pump, maf sensor, rocker arm actuator, etc. So u need to scan ur car.
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by cardoctor(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2013
elektra80:

If u don't know about something, its better not to say anything than make a false statement. Well i will categorically tell u that some Honda city have 8 plugs, and no they are not v8 but i4 . Ever heard of Intelligence-dual and sequential Ignition (I-DSI).Which means 2 spark plugs are employed in each cylinder making a total of 8 spark plugs instead of 4. This ensures utilizing every drop of fuel thrown into the cylinders leading to better mpg. So bro, do ur research and re phrase ur statement.

@electra

Who were you refering this quote to. Me or ray-Collins? Cos it seemed like you challenged my post by copying and pasting my post on your response to raycollins.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by elektra80: 8:09am On Oct 31, 2013
car-doctor:

@electra

Who were you refering this quote to. Me or ray-Collins? Cos it seemed like you challenged my post by copying and pasting my post on your response to raycollins.

Car-Doctor.

That was meant to ray-collins who said a Honda civic can never have 8 plugs. He is the one that copied ur post, I just quoted his post and responded to it
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by Arteta99(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2013
elektra80:

That was meant to ray-collins who said a Honda civic can never have 8 plugs. He is the one that copied ur post, I just quoted his post and responded to it
Dear mr car-doctor, you are @ fault cos if u read the thread from start, u'l know @elektra has really changed some ppl's misconception on the issue of 8 or 4 spark plugs. Patience rules the world...car-doctor jumped @ conclusion

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by biggiyke(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
biggiyke: your car has too many plugs. i guess that's why it's revving itself. my advice to you is this; remove four of the plugs. drive it for awhile and tell us what you notice different.

only then can we be of help to you here

@lomomike
some Honda city have Intelligence-dual and sequential Ignition (I-DSI).Which means 2 spark plugs are employed in each cylinder making a total of 8 spark plugs instead of 4. This ensures utilizing every drop of fuel thrown into the cylinders leading to better mpg. So op, check the plugs again, make sure they are OEM recommended and don't remove any of the plugs like someone suggested. Also for the D light flashing, scan the car and post the codes. Might be a solenoid on the gearbox or probably u need to change the ATF.

as for the jerking, a lot of things can cause this, not just plugs. Might be fuel pump, maf sensor, rocker arm actuator, etc. So u need to scan ur car. undecided

biggiyke: interesting. we learn everyday, don't we all love nairaland?
thanks for the enlightenment.

car-doctor:

I will really like to know where you got your mechanic experience from. Under a tree I suppose. Please stop giving advices that could lead to more problems to members on this forum.

I can't get your logic that the car engine has too many plugs. That's how the engine was designed and built and I believe that the car has always ran on 8 plugs prior to the op having the issues presented.

Your advice to the op to remove 4 of the 8 plugs and drive the car around for a while could lead to other issues coming up. Where would the sparks meant for the removed plugs go? How do you disable the ignition circuit for the removed plugs? You could end up frying up the ecu in the process.

@op. Please ignore this guys advice.

Car-Doctor.

mr car-doctor, or whatever, dont take this life too seriously.....relax a little, ok?

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
@ car Doctor and Elektra80 please STOP this arguements already and START contributing meaningfully to this thread.

MOD
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by elektra80: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
lomomike: @ car Doctor and Elektra80 please STOP this arguements already and START contributing meaningfully to this thread.

MOD

@lomomike
No vex jare. I made a point and the dude asking me to gerrout like I don't know what I'm talking about. I wasn't even referring to him in my first post and he took it against me.
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by jjjkkkooo: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
the problem started again 3 days after i serviced the gear box and fuel pump. I had to change the gear box completely. Bought the gear box in Abuja for 70k. Its ok now almost a week after.
Re: Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls by Kdude: 5:24am On Jul 11, 2020
jjjkkkooo:
the problem started again 3 days after i serviced the gear box and fuel pump. I had to change the gear box completely. Bought the gear box in Abuja for 70k. Its ok now almost a week after.

So, Op, would you still love to use Honda City latest model if it comes your way?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Driving Tips For Drivers On How To Drive During Harmattan Season / SCAM ALERT: Honda 2005 Engine Swapped For Crv Engine / What Is The Difference Between AWD, 4WD And Auxiliary Gear In SUV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.