Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure (1560 Views)

ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by brosun(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
BY JOHNBOSCO AGBAKWURU, Abuja
THE National Strike Coordinating Committee, NSCC, comprising of principal officers and Zonal Coordinators of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU will be meeting Saturday to take stock of the ongoing strike embarked by the union that is entering the fourth months.
Meantime, ASUU said that it was not under any pressure to call-off the strike despite what it called sponsored protests and rallies against the union, stressing that before the union decided to embark on the strike, it holistically took objective assessment of the situation.
One of the branch Chairmen of ASUU and member of NSCC who spoke exclusively to Saturday Vanguard on the condition of anonymity said that the meeting will take place in Ondo state and that there would be a situation report including the meeting representatives of ASUU had with the Federal government last week’s Friday.
He said,”We are meeting tomorrow, National Strike Coordinating Committee. Tomorrow is arrival. Our Principal officers and Zonal Coordinators met with government last week Friday, one week today, so we want to discus the outcome of the meeting, after that we will now meet.”
Commenting on the plethora of protests by different groups over the strike which could be mounting pressure on the union to call off the strike, he said that “There is no pressure on us. We look at things objectively and remember that even me as I am talking we cannot suspend the strike.
“We have to get inputs from the branches that is why our strike is always very tight, because before we declared the strike, we have collected inputs from all branch officers in the universities in Nigeria, we collated it, discussed it extensively for two days before we declared the strike.
“And if there is any offer made by government, we have to look at it, that is the principal officers ten of them in number, the zonal coordinators who take over functions of NEC during the strike, so, they will look at what government has offered, brief us the branch chair persons then it is at this point we will now know whether to convene an emergency NEC to look at it holistically.
“By the time they are briefing us, they will also ask us to brief our committee members and take the issue to the congress, it is not a one man show, all these ones they are talking about politics it is not true, the process right from the least of all the lecturers to the highest that is the professor from each branch, we collate all their responses, it is only when they advise us to suspend that we suspend, it is not just one man show.”
All attempts made to call the National President of ASUU, Dr. Nasir Fagge failed as he neither picked calls put across his GSM line nor replied the text message sent to him. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/ASUU-meet-strike-says-pressure/
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by Gboyee4fun(m): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
To God b the glory. *wake me up when they call d strike off*
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by SBJoji(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bla bla bla bla
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by Hopez456(m): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
Tired of all this, jst thinking why ASUU doesnt have a spokeman that different chapter or branch chairman say different things. Resume and continue negotiation!
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by Luxiana19(f): 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
Frustrated.
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by drered(m): 11:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
undecided
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Just thinking of my babe,i think i wil cal her let's meet in school and b together for a while.,it's been long i Bleep her. That aside.,barcelona vs real madrid e-classicle is next weekend. Thank God puyol is back from knee surgery. for dis week epl.,mau u,man city,chlesea,arsenal,liverpool all hav matches today
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by timwezzb(m): 1:44am On Oct 19, 2013
Dr2great: Just thinking of my babe,i think i wil cal her let's meet in school and b together for a while.,it's been long i Bleep her. That aside.,barcelona vs real madrid e-classicle is next weekend. Thank God puyol is back from knee surgery. for dis week epl.,mau u,man city,chlesea,arsenal,liverpool all hav matches today

Thank GOD ur on my Side......So hw dis U-17 Match go b Naaaaaaaa "Nigeria vs Mexico" Today 2pm
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by LadyJul(f): 5:55am On Oct 19, 2013
ASUU is just a confused body, 2day dey wil say something 2morow dey wil say anoda. ASUU and f.g shud just go to hell
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by vocalprince(m): 6:44am On Oct 19, 2013
My prayers are that these people are rewarded accordingly by GOD Almighty!!! Y cant 2 matured individuals sit down and trash out an issue once and for all? Must the students always pay for their inefficiency?? Am so disappointed!!
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by Burger01(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2013
The strike would be called off..
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by yungcyrus(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2013
hehehehe......dey don dey Fear....dey wan call d strike off....who no sabi dis Kind of sense.................4 primary skul 1 old baba wan beat me, as pplle come full wey go separate us na xo i begin dey make mouth say I 4 beat am..........meanwile in normal senses d Guy go kill me, bury me.................Na d kind sense ASUU dey play
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by kcy(m): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
40b and 200b is owk 4 ASUU,jerualem was nt built in a day,and no goverment has ever show commitment as dis
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by odizeey(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
mk dem meet o,.
Y is dis nt on fp sef,na ASUU cos prostitution we go dey c dere o
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by odizeey(m): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
yung cyrus: hehehehe......dey don dey Fear....dey wan call d strike off....who no sabi dis Kind of sense.................4 primary skul 1 old baba wan beat me, as pplle come full wey go separate us na xo i begin dey make mouth say I 4 beat am..........meanwile in normal senses d Guy go kill me, bury me.................Na d kind sense ASUU dey play
u gt luck,.
But if to say na abacha period dem for gt mind go strike?
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by yungcyrus(m): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
odizeey: u gt luck,.
But if to say na abacha period dem for gt mind go strike?
.my Big Bros d tin Tire me ooo.....who born dem 4 Abacha time....
Re: ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure by odizeey(m): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
yung cyrus: .my Big Bros d tin Tire me ooo.....who born dem 4 Abacha time....
na cane dem go use tk flog all of dem

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Or Engineering. Pls Help Me Choose. / 5 Types Of Big Boys In Nigerian Universities / ABU Zaria Cisco Academy Produces First Netrider In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.