Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars (5547 Views)

Oduah Loses Bid To Stop Bulletproof Cars Probe / Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars / Fg May Sack Workers In NCAA, Others Over Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 19, 2013
The two armored BMW 760 Li cars purchased from Coscharis Motors Limited
in Lagos by the cash-strapped Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, for
use by the Minister of Aviation – Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi – has been
discovered to be over inflated.
Inquiries from
several
automobile sales companies indicate that the sum of $1.6 million paid by
NCAA for the two special purpose vehicles could have easily bought eight,
not two BMW armored cars.
Figures from Vista BMW in Coconut Creek, Florida, United States of America
quotes the price of a fully armored BMW 760 Li car built to withstand AK
47-7.62×39 ammo and lower caliber weapons at only $162, 195.
Also, a quote provided by the armored car ballistic division of the
International Armoring Corporation in Centerville, Utah, USA, revealed that
each of the BMW cars could have been made available to the NCAA for
$200,000 plus shipping costs to Nigeria.
Other automobile sales companies in Europe quoted even slightly lower
figures for the same model of armored cars Mrs. Oduah-Ogiemwonyi
compelled the NCAA to buy from a local automobile dealership at outrageous
cost to tax payers.
Further investigations also reveal that the two black BMW Li HSS vehicles
with chases numbers WBAHP41050DW68032 and WBAHP41010DW68044
respectively were manufactured in Germany in 2008 – an indication that
they were not even the latest models in BMW’s range of automobiles.
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 19, 2013
I think this should make front page to enlighten our fellow compatriots
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
I hope Sincere9gerian gets to see this; with his talk of "due Process in the allocation of the Funds" ,this is a quintessence of the blatant corruption and disregard for the Law that Permeates the Jonathan Administration.
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by geeez: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
What Stella wants us to believe is that her car is almost as expensive as Obama's limousine which has its own defense accessories (including missiles)

Anyone that has ever defended this absurd purchase needs to have his/her head examined

And for those saying it belongs to the Aviation Ministry, kindly show me one car that any minister ever used, which was passed on to the next: Will the cars automatically evolve into newer models on their own when Stella's gone and the model becomes outdated?

Are they trying to tell me that the other ministers in GEJ's cabinet drive around in armored cars which government statutorily made provisions for?

Even if she was my girlfriend, I will keep quiet in these circumstances than make a fool of myself shamelessly trying to defend her ignobility

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390180/President-Obamas-armour-plated-car-The-Beast-scuppered-ramp-Ireland-Lets-hope-doesnt-hit-London.html

2 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
You Mr OP, Dino Melaya and Sahara Reporters have been peddling falsehood about the Cars bought by the Minister of Aviation. I checked the price of the vehicles and realized that BMW Security Vehicles only provide used vehicle prices on their website. Brochures for new one can only be downloaded on request.

A Used 2006 BMW 760 Li High Security costs €175,000.00 or $239,000.00 Check the BMW link for pre-owned vehicles below
This is against your purpoted quote of $162,195 for a new car. Laughable
http://www.bmw-security-vehicles.com/security_vehicles/en/_teaserpool_2010/download/shared/pdf/offer_7series_2006.pdf at €175,000 Euros, which is $240,000.00

If the used vehicle cost $240,000.00 dollars, how can Sahara and Dino Melaya claim the new vehicles bought by the Minister of Aviation can be bought for $200,000.00
Who is lying profusely now to deceive the public.
Kindly provide your quote so we can all see!

Or let me guess, they could not decipher the difference between a used car and new vehicle.
Please stop peddling lies that you cannot substantiate!
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by zeelo2014: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
Same story in every government agency,not peculiar to the aviation.
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
what is this one saying abeg? whether $200,000 is for a used Vehicle or not;the Fact remains that $1,600,000 was appropriated,or shall I say;misappropriated for the purchase of Vehicles worth far,far less... where did the "Change" go?... you and I know where,dont we?
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by DerideGull(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
geeez: What Stella wants us to believe is that her car is almost as expensive as Obama's limousine which has its own defense accessories (including missiles)

Anyone that has ever defended this absurd purchase needs to have his/her head examined

And for those saying it belongs to the Aviation Ministry, kindly show me one car that any minister ever used, which was passed on to the next: Will the cars automatically evolve into newer models on their own when Stella's gone and the model becomes outdated?

Are they trying to tell me that the other ministers in GEJ's cabinet drive around in armored cars which government statutorily made provisions for?

Even if she was my girlfriend, I will keep quiet in these circumstances than make a fool of myself shamelessly trying to defend her ignobility

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390180/President-Obamas-armour-plated-car-The-Beast-scuppered-ramp-Ireland-Lets-hope-doesnt-hit-London.html

Obama’s car is a juiced up and discontinued piece of junk called Cadillac DeVille. If Nigeria produces its cars and gadgetries, this skewed attempt to present meaningful analogy would have been given a second glance.
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
The govt spends outrageously on silly luxuries and yet complain it ain't got the cash to solve ASUU's demand. none of their kids school here in Nigeria so wat would you expect.....
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
It is not everyday that you see a 760Li in Canada. For starters this top-shelf BMW
is $186,000 and easily pushes over $200K with some individual options. Then the
535 hp V12 twin turbo mill doesn't exactly sip gas considering it drains almost 17
L/100km in the city. We don't even want to get into maintenance and ownership of
a car that has over 60 computer modules on-board to control this über-technical
land yacht.
So, this car is not for everybody and the one we sniped in a parking lot north of
Toronto was definitely not your average 760Li.
At a quick glance, this might appear to be a regular 760Li that was finished in
Black Sapphire metallic but considering it was wearing euro plates from Bayern
Münich, we knew there was more to it. This particular car is the 544 hp F03 High
Security package which meets the new ballistic protection level VR7 designed to
resist all assault rifle attacks. The High Security package includes: run-flats, 6.0
cm bulletproof glass as well as a reinforced body and explosion-resistant
undercarriage that meets the higher VR9 standard. But it doesn't stop there, this
Presidential car also features a toxic gas sensor, that will immediately detect
poison gas attacks, rolls up the windows and shuts down all outside ventilation
until air quality is safe. Should there be a fire in the engine bay, the High Security is
also fitted with an under-hood extinguisher. Oh, and to rep your country there are
magnetic flag mountings on both front fenders.
All that extra gear means this German tank is hundreds of kilograms more than a
standard 760Li. However, BMW has compensated all of the suspension so it
doesn't handle like, well, a German tank. The power under the lid propels the High
Security to a top speed of 210 km/h and goes from 0-60 mph in 6.2-seconds!

http://m.ca.autoblog.com/2011/08/16/euro-spec-bmw-760li-v12-with-bulletproof-protection-package-spot/
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by dayokanu(m): 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
So can anyone tell us How each of these cars cost Stella Oduah $800k
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by DerideGull(m): 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mister Dan: It is not everyday that you see a 760Li in Canada. For starters this top-shelf BMW
535 hp V12 twin turbo mill doesn't exactly sip gas considering it drains almost 17
L/100km in the city. We don't even want to get into maintenance and ownership of
land yacht.
So, this car is not for everybody and the one we sniped in a parking lot north of
Münich, we knew there was more to it. This particular car is the 544 hp F03 High
resist all assault rifle attacks. The High Security package includes: run-flats, 6.0
undercarriage that meets the higher VR9 standard. But it doesn't stop there, this
until air quality is safe. Should there be a fire in the engine bay, the High Security is
also fitted with an under-hood extinguisher. Oh, and to rep your country there are
doesn't handle like, well, a German tank. The power under the lid propels the High

http://m.ca.autoblog.com/2011/08/16/euro-spec-bmw-760li-v12-with-bulletproof-protection-package-spot/

I guess the ones bought by ministry of aviation are American Specification models. It might be a particular trim too.
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by eaglechild: 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
I heard that Stella said she will not resign but will sack Fola Akin...

I heard some people are not happy about it.

She said it while driving in her apparently over priced BMW.
This was according to her driver Kunle.
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by DonHummer(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
hmmm naija,
I wan complain but have done dat several times nd nothing happened...
If the bribery scandal of farouk lawal dat was a big show of shame could be swept under the carpet, my people what do you think will happen to this one ??
Click like if u knw the answer
Re: The Real Cost Of The BMW Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mister Dan: It is not everyday that you see a 760Li in Canada. For starters this top-shelf BMW
land yacht.

Still peddling lies.
Here is a quote for a new BMW 760 Li Hi Security from people who will sell it to you, not misguided journalists
http://alpa-gatt.com/ALPa_GATTPage/VermietungVerkauf/F03Optimiert.pdf

the price excluding tax and logistics is [size=16pt]400,000 Euros, that is $547,000.00 [/size]

By the way my topic giving the real prices has been maliciously moved from politics to car talk section by nairaland just to continue spreading the falsehood. Check the link https://www.nairaland.com/1484333/dino-melaya-lies-used-bmw

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Certificate: I Withdraw My Support / 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria / FULL PROFILE: Senator Aisha J. Al-hassan,nigeria's First Female Elected Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.