Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

What Color Was Jesus? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Color Was Jesus? (3992 Views)

Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder) / Was Jesus Created Or People Misunderstand The Bible? / Was Jesus Married And Did He Fake His Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2008
@REdHotCHic:

There are standard bibles used by christians and those ones were only translated to different languages and not doctored eg KJV, NKJV, NIV etc. Doctoring means adding and removing lots of crucial information from the bible. I've never seen Isa in the bible before but all I ask for is the chapter and verse in case am ignorant.

How do you standardize the Bibles if you have One Original Bible? And my darling you are just glossing over the issues since you are not saying anything! What language was the Original Bible that was revealed to Jesus, the son of Mary, a Jew? Could it be in Latin, Italian, Greek or Hebrew and its related Semitic group of languages? As a Yoruba man, it will be odd that I receive a letter in Igbo language or Hausa language, especially when the writer knows that none of them is my mother tongue. It will be bette if the writer writes to me in Ekiti language, or Ondo language, or Egba language, or Ijesha language, or even Ilaje and others from the yoruba tribal enclaves. This is why you can not trust what a greek says when the primary language is Hebrew or Aramaic.

When I say doctoring, it means that; removing or masking crucial information from its original places. If I came to your home and met your parents, and i asked for RedHotChic, their precious daughter. The probable stare that I will get from them is confusion. They do not have a redhotchic as a daughter. Therefore, that name RedHotChic could be a doctoring compared to your original name!
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2008
@4Him:

somebody please answer me this question - why are muslims forcing mohammad in the bible and why are they trying so hard to equate Isa to Jesus THE CHRIST?

What is in it for these slaves of allah?

If you don't know, you better ask somebody! But I gave you assignments about Verses in Deut and other partsof the Bible. You have failed to even approach any, yet you do not know that Isa is the same as Jesus? If Daud is the same as David, Haruun the same as Aaron, Musa is the same as Moses, Sulaiman is the same as Solomon, where do you have difficulty that Isa is Jesus?

Again explain the meaning of Deut Verse where God is telling Moses that He will raise a Prophet up, who should be an ordinary prophet and not part of "Trinity," and He God will put His word (commands) in his mouth, " You see where i cornered you to actually have to confess that Jesus was not the prophet being spoken about here!

@Akpo Jude (m)
Warri,Nigeria
@ayinba1 & babs787
what are both of u and other of your muslim brothers saying?
Mohammed is a prophet.
But Jesus Christ is not a prophet of God

They are not saying anything to contradict the fact that both men were prophets of the same One Lord God.

He is the only begotten Son of God

And how can begotten happen unless a mounting action occurs? Please explain. If you still insist, then all of those among you i am old enough to father are therefore begotten sons and daughters of mine? I am sure your parents will love to know how it all happened! Just talk will not cut it. You got to prove it beyond reasonable doubt of it! Right now, everything is 100% doubtful, because it is false. Prove the muslims and the jews and all others who don't believe the begotten sonship wrong! Am waiting please step on it.

He is God that took the form of flesh to save me and u even u will not appreciate that now,you will in the nearest future.

Another issue that you have to prove to me. Otherwise, its all 100% doubtful, lies.

Jesus Christ is the Only One that
He does whatever He says
And what ever He says is Truth

Every prophet of God is in the same position. Unless you can tell us what Moses said that was false. Did Moses ever change his mind on a matter? Did he pray and the prayer was rejected? But Biblical esus prayed at the garden of Geshimane to God, a different Entity from Jesus. God rejected the request of the cup not passing or removal of it from Jesus head. Now explain that to me. Is that towards doing what he wanted or was forced upon him by the Higher authority, Biblical God?

If whatever he says is always th truth, please explain Mark 12 verse 29 to me. In this verse Jesus counted himself among his audience as having the same One Lrd God! Now swallow that. I know that it is bitter medicine, so chew on it.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2008
olabowale:

@4Him:
If you don't know, you better ask somebody! But I gave you assignments about Verses in Deut and other partsof the Bible.

Hypocrite, you cant have it both ways . . . its either the bible is corrupt or not. It cant be corrupt and yet be speaking about mohammad at the same time.

olabowale:

yet you do not know that Isa is the same as Jesus? If Daud is the same as David, Haruun the same as Aaron, Musa is the same as Moses, Sulaiman is the same as Solomon, where do you have difficulty that Isa is Jesus?

Plain ridiculous. I ask again WHY are you TRYING SO FREAKING HARD to equate Isa to Jesus THE CHRIST?

olabowale:

Again explain the meaning of Deut Verse where God is telling Moses that He will raise a Prophet up, who should be an ordinary prophet and not part of "Trinity," and He God will put His word (commands) in his mouth, " You see where i cornered you to actually have to confess that Jesus was not the prophet being spoken about here!

Cornered me? what a laugh. . . . you sound more idiotic with every verse you attempt to mutilate to force mohammad into it.

Hypocrites, go to the islam-only section . . . you cant have it both ways.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by LadyT(f): 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2008
Just hush Redhotbimbo
Is doesnt matter what colour Jesus was he was still a Jew and identified as a Jew.

Just admit the topic is both stupid and foolish
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by ayinba1(f): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2008
O ma seo David.

You are either truly abiiko, Or akoo gba

You are so quick to throw insults and if I start with you now, you become a cry baby, hennn
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2008
ayinba1:

O ma seo David.

You are either truly abiiko, Or akoo gba

You are so quick to throw insults and if I start with you now, you become a cry baby, hennn

Madam "insults" . . . calling a man out for hypocrisy is NO insult but a statement of fact.

Hypocrite, you can't have it both ways . . . its either the bible is corrupt or not. It can't be corrupt and yet be speaking about mohammad at the same time.

- That, madame, is FACT. To use one side of the mouth to say the bible is corrupted by the pen of the scribes and then quote from Deut, John . . . to prove that mohammad is in the VERY SAME BIBLE has only one dictionary meaning - HYPOCRISY!

Secondly, there IS a muslim-only section on this board . . . christians who post there are SUMMARILY BANNED! The section was created for muslims who whinned and whinged about being "bashed" and those who sent threatening emails to the admin and the mods. Now you cant eat your cake and have it . . . you cannot, on one hand, demand a section for ISLAM ONLY where christians have no right to post and then continue to use the other section reserved for christians, athiests and others expecting to have free reign to "bash" christianity as you wish.

There is one word for acts like this in the dictionary - HYPOCRISY!

Cry all you want.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by RedHotChic(f): 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2008
Secondly, there IS a muslim-only section on this board . . . christians who post there are SUMMARILY BANNED! The section was created for muslims who whinned and whinged about being "bashed" and those who sent threatening emails to the admin and the mods. [size=14pt]Now you can't eat your cake and have it . . . you cannot, on one hand, demand a section for ISLAM ONLY where christians have no right to post and then continue to use the other section reserved for christians, athiests and others expecting to have free reign to "bash" christianity as you wish[/size].

5 star response.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by RedHotChic(f): 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2008
When I say doctoring, it means that; removing or masking crucial information from its original places. If I came to your home and met your parents, and i asked for RedHotChic, their precious daughter. The probable stare that I will get from them is confusion. They do not have a redhotchic as a daughter. Therefore, that name RedHotChic could be a doctoring compared to your original name!
So in essence you are saying that those translations were inaccurate and crucial information like Isa being Jesus was so difficult to translate that they had to avoid it abi?
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2008
@4Him:

Hypocrite, you can't have it both ways . . . its either the bible is corrupt or not. It can't be corrupt and yet be speaking about mohammad at the same time.

Yes I can have it both ways. A man is corrupted, he betrays his gender nature when he is gay, homosexual or bisexual. Yet he still has th traces of manhood, the physical and physiology, the inner pipelines. David, lo joko. The corruptions in the Bible is like the gender bending or not living up to its billings. The Mohammad descriptive verses are the traces of manhood you see in such a deviant, as becoming a homosexual man.

Aburo, Ibadan lo mo. O mo layi po. Allah the Almighty opens up your Bible verses to me and I begin to see how you folks just make up stuff, like the Big Apple Circus. You say them before? They are funny bunch. They remind me of the Globetrotters to NBA teams.

Plain ridiculous. I ask again WHY are you TRYING SO FREAKING HARD to equate Isa to Jesus THE CHRIST?

Same way Ibrahim is Abraham, Yaqub is Jacob, same way that you guys call Ismail, Ishmael! Now get yourself out of that net. Untangle your own mess, man.

Cornered me? what a laugh. . . . you sound more idiotic with every verse you attempt to mutilate to force mohammad into it.

Hypocrites, go to the islam-only section . . . you can't have it both ways.

When you can't explain in plain english, except that you manipulate the verse to fit your bogus desire, then somebody should force your hand to admit the apparent truth. David if somebody says that you are a grandfather, then your age must come to play in determine the person was just jiving or there is some element of truth to it. If you are in your 50s, then the possibility is there. If you are only 20 years old, then everyone who has good sense will doubt or say that the person who says you are a grandfather is outsight lying!

And David, I can have it both ways: correcting your religious mistakes and inviting you to what is good belief! (Correct aqeedah!). Thats what friends do. I am your friend, a brother, a psedo-father. "The real father is the one who truly begets the child!" And begetting is an ation pack deal. Its not just talking about it without any proof of action at some point! Even introvenous conception has some actions!

Aba jo to fi pe mi mo. Se lo nbinu simi. O hon lara e, aburo. You will get it someday. When I am not here to agitate you, then you will miss me. I am sure your blood is not cold as ice. Though Rochester coldness must have chilled it some.

@RedHotChic: My darling I did not demand for any section for no one. Seun is a grown man. At his age, I am not in the position to control him. And by doctoring, i am not saying anything about Isa (arabic word) and jesus (a greek word, definitely not a semitic word). What I am saying is that please turn your mind to when the revelations were being given to the individual prophets, Moses, David and Jesus. What they had then is not exactly 100% of what you have today. For one, Jesus spoke to his disciples and explin what he meant, in everyway. There is no gimmick of interpretations, which is what you are doing today.

Jesus disciples ask him what they needed to know. He told them everything that they needed to know. That was good enough, until the post Jesus era on earth. Here comes Saul/Paul and his gang. Everything had to change, because pauline doctrine had to just prevail. But Allah the Almighty preserved enough in the Bible where we can see the truth because the Qur'an verses confirm whatever is still true in the Bible.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Davidylan:

- That, madame, is FACT. To use one side of the mouth to say the bible is corrupted by the pen of the scribes and then quote from Deut, John . . . to prove that mohammad is in the VERY SAME BIBLE has only one dictionary meaning - HYPOCRISY!

Let me ask you about the term "corrupt cop." Can a cop like that not a cop that can arrest drug dealer of gang banger any more? Of course. He stops and arrest. But what he does is that he may keep for himself, part or all the money that he found on the criminal elements. He may just shake them down and let them go. Thats corruption. Yet he is still a cop.

I never said that there is no verse in the Bible that is true. Those verses which are still true, regardless of the language, will be supported by the Qur'an and or ahadith.

David, to ba fe kin wa si odo tie mo, so fun mi. Sugbon o le wa si ti imale to ba fe. Awa ngba eniyon mora ni. Aa ki nle eniyon kuro lodo tawa.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 09, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan:
Let me ask you about the term "corrupt cop." Can a cop like that not a cop that can arrest drug dealer of gang banger any more? Of course. He stops and arrest. But what he does is that he may keep for himself, part or all the money that he found on the criminal elements. He may just shake them down and let them go. Thats corruption. Yet he is still a cop.

This is not a good analogy. If the head of the fish is bad, would you still eat the tail?

olabowale:

I never said that there is no verse in the Bible that is true. Those verses which are still true, regardless of the language, will be supported by the Qur'an and or ahadith.

You have to be consistent. It seems the only parts of the bible you agree are "still true" are those that you can twist to push mohammad or islam into it. Any other verse that clearly shows up islam as a false religion you counter as false. Where is your compass to objectively determine what is false or not?

olabowale:

David, to ba fe kin wa si odo tie mo, so fun mi. Sugbon o le wa si ti imale to ba fe. Awa ngba eniyon mora ni. Aa ki nle eniyon kuro lodo tawa.

Egbon e ma da mi loun . . . e feel free lati ba wa sere ni bi. grin
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by babs787(m): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Redhotchic

There are standard bibles used by christians and those ones were only translated to different languages and not doctored eg KJV, NKJV, NIV etc. Doctoring means adding and removing lots of crucial information from the bible. I've never seen Isa in the bible before but all I ask for is the chapter and verse in case am ignorant.

Dont we have addition and removal in the bible? Do you care if I show you verses present in some versions but absent in some?
Do you care if I give you verses present in later publications but absent in earlier publications?
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by ayinba1(f): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2008
@David

I bet you would consider it insultive if I applied the terms "hypocrite" and "sounding idiotic" to your person.
You keep going on about "Islam only section" but you are always just a click away. I hope you are not a liar. I am sure that you were  not banned simply for posting on the Islamic section, you must have violated the rules.

Like I said, watch your language. At least, all these efforts at teaching you "posting etiquettes" would not be in vain.
We clearly understand what you say without you adding the insultive words.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by RedHotChic(f): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2008
Dont we have addition and removal in the bible? Do you care if I show you verses present in some versions but absent in some?
Do you care if I give you verses present in later publications but absent in earlier publications?
Are you talking about the apocalypse? Besides, some religious groups that front as christians are not christians because they use their own special book they call bible even though they have an agenda eg, Jehovah's witnesses, Mormons, seventh day adventists etc.

I need two things from you:

1. The verses where Jesus Christ is referred to as Isa

2. why Islamists try so hard to incorporate Jesus in their lists of prophets when Christians are not even interested in their own,

Do you wonder why Islam recognised Jesus in the koran while christianity didn't recognise mohammad in the bible? Defuse the complex abeg or join the band wagon.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Esss(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2008
What color was Jesus??

Hmm!! I have given this much thought myself and have come to the conclusion that he has got to be white.
Common think about it, If Jesus were black or chinese, his gospel would not have been this popular.
And check out the catholic church and leonardo Da Vincis images of Jesus, he is white.
Check out all the Jesus flicks, he is always played by a white man.
White Jesus has been so propagated that the thought of a black Jesus is considered blasphemy.

Just my opinion.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by babs787(m): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Redhotchic

Are you talking about the apocalypse? Besides, some religious groups that front as christians are not christians because they use their own special book they call bible even though they have an agenda eg, Jehovah's witnesses, Mormons, seventh day adventists etc.

I am not even talking about the apocalype but read below for knowledge

If the bible is complete, where are these verses in Revised Standard Version, Good News Bible, New International Bible, Living Bible Versions and other bibles apart from KJV

a.Mathew 17 v 21
(b) mark 11 v 26
(c) acts 8 v 37
(d) Mathew 17 v 21
(e) Mathew 21 v 44
(f) Mathew 23 v 14

I didnt even bother giving you mentioned boos but not present and later insetion of some verses missing in old publications. So do justice to the above verses please

I need two things from you:
ok.

1. The verses where Jesus Christ is referred to as Isa

What was his name in Aramaic?

2. why Islamists try so hard to incorporate Jesus in their lists of prophets when Christians are not even interested in their own,

Was he a prophet?
Was he a christian?

Do you wonder why Islam recognised Jesus in the koran while christianity didn't recognise mohammad in the bible? Defuse the complex abeg or join the band

Your authors even recognised that he is in your bible but your pride prevented you from accepting the truth
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 11:48pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Davidylan:

This is not a good analogy. If the head of the fish is bad, would you still eat the tail?
If the tail is just as bad as the head, no. If the head was cut off and then becomes rotten because it was not kept properly, while the tail and the middle were kept properly, preserved and fresh looking. If you make good fish stew, Lagos style with it. You bet am cleaning the plate. I know about fish, man. Don't get me talking about how good eating it is. unlike the pork, you love alot. While fish is an agent of good health. Pork is not, except that it is just the other white meat. lol.

@RedHotChic:

Do you wonder why Islam recognised Jesus in the koran while christianity didn't recognise mohammad in the bible? Defuse the complex abeg or join the band wagon.
I dont know why. Except that i can guess that the Christian bible train never reached the station, before it broke down. Of course it already have the passenger stranded with their tickets. So they have to make the jorney to the end by another means. Look, Muhammad is in the Bible. You may not know it. We the Muslims know it.

Now tell me why the Jews, do not recognize Jesus, while you Christians can get enough of Moses, and other OT Prophets? Chew on that for a moment.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 10, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan:If the tail is just as bad as the head, no. If the head was cut off and then becomes rotten because it was not kept properly, while the tail and the middle were kept properly, preserved and fresh looking. If you make good fish stew, Lagos style with it. You bet am cleaning the plate. I know about fish, man. Don't get me talking about how good eating it is. unlike the pork, you love alot. While fish is an agent of good health. Pork is not, except that it is just the other white meat. lol.

Again bad analogy. The bible is not cut into twenty pieces and kept separately. They are one book . . . so going by your initial statement, if the head was not cut off and becomes rotten . . . would you still eat the tail?
If indeed the pen of the scribes had corrupted the bible . . . why did they suspiciously avoid ONLY those parts that the muslim uses to force mohammad and islam into it? why is it that the parts that were corrupted are the very ones that make muslims uncomfortable?

Here is my verdict . . . this lie about corrupt bibles is nothing but an excuse.

ayinba1:

@David

I bet you would consider it insultive if I applied the terms "hypocrite" and "sounding idiotic" to your person.
You keep going on about "Islam only section" but you are always just a click away. I hope you are not a liar. I am sure that you were not banned simply for posting on the Islamic section, you must have violated the rules.

Like I said, watch your language. At least, all these efforts at teaching you "posting etiquettes" would not be in vain.
We clearly understand what you say without you adding the insultive words.

Do you do anything besides police my posts around madam? its getting boring.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by away4real(m): 7:02am On Jul 10, 2008
olabowale:

@RedHotChic:I don't know why. Except that i can guess that the Christian bible train never reached the station, before it broke down. Of course it already have the passenger stranded with their tickets. So they have to make the jorney to the end by another means. Look, Muhammad is in the Bible. You may not know it. We the Muslims know it.
Now tell me why the Jews, do not recognize Jesus, while you Christians can get enough of Moses, and other OT Prophets? Chew on that for a moment.

Na wah for this by force association. Believe a lie if it makes you more secure.

Your statements in bold says it all, you don't know and u guess?

You guys are really a bunch of clowns now i understand why David is impatient with u all. Since all the rant about Mohammed being in the "Muslims" bible, not one shred of evidence in form of a verse from the bible. Rather olabowale talks upside down and babs i really don't know. Your response to Hotchicks post was so off i don't know what u were own about. NIV, Revise standard, geez u spend so much time tryting to discredit the bible i wonder how long u spend studying the Koran.

Reminds me those days of people that want to be your friend by force, they want to tell people they are close friends with u when clearly thats not the case. Christains don't want anything to do with Mohammed or any thing remotely associated with islam, yet u muslims want to by fire by force claim Jesus that he in the Koran (Jesus you are too much even the heathen want to identify with you) and Mohammed in the bible, if thats not insecurity i wonder what it is.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by ayinba1(f): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2008
@David,

it's a shame that you are not even man enough to admit when you are wrong. Me "policing" you is beside the point, I already told you i will do that.
Your family back home believe that you will be successful in the US, so I have to constantly remind you on the rules of engagement. grin
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2008
ayinba1:

You keep going on about "Islam only section" but you are always just a click away. I hope you are not a liar. I am sure that you were not banned simply for posting on the Islamic section, you must have violated the rules.

These are the rules of the islam-only section - A forum for Muslims to share their faith. Muslims only please, even the moderators are Muslims.

I have been warned personally twice for posting on that section which is why you rarely see me there these days.

Madam and ur merry band of hypocrites . . . why demand, on pain of death threats, a section for islam-only and yet continue trolling the section meant for others?
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2008
ayinba1:

@David,

it's a shame that you are not even man enough to admit when you are wrong. Me "policing" you is beside the point, I already told you i will do that.
Your family back home believe that you will be successful in the US, so I have to constantly remind you on the rules of engagement. grin

This is best ignored . . . u seem to have an unhealthy fixation for spotting David's posts. Kindly remain on topic, as far as i'm concerned you dont exist. Thank you.

babs787:

Your authors even recognised that he is in your bible but your pride prevented you from accepting the truth

This is the question everyone is asking . . . why is it by force to find mohammad in the bible? Have you seen a christian working up a sweat to find Jesus THE CHRIST in your quran?
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by ayinba1(f): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2008
You are even more childish than I thought, yes you David.
You are banned not only from the muslim section but other sections as well.
Simple reason is you are a poor communicator, learn boy.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Davidylan:

Again bad analogy. The bible is not cut into twenty pieces and kept separately. They are one book . . .
Not according to the Jews. The Bible is not One Book! The Jews deal with everything, but New Testament. If you see a practicing Jew who is reading the New Testament as a religious material for Judaism, let me know.

so going by your initial statement, if the head was not cut off and becomes rotten . . . would you still eat the tail?

The above is admixture of your statement (the question part about tail), and my response (condition by which I would eat the tail)! You see how you are shifting everything to me? You can't even stand behind your own questioning, when it comes down to it.

If indeed the pen of the scribes had corrupted the bible . . . why did they suspiciously avoid ONLY those parts that the muslim uses to force mohammad and islam into it?

Have you seen how a criminal is made to breakdown, during interrogation in the police precinct? Yet, initially he had denied ever being around the crime scene? God Almighty had set a barrier between the truth that He still wants preserved and the ever quick to modify pen of eager to obliged Scribes. Now tell me about the Deut. verse about "I will raise up a prophet from among their brethren , " Tell me who the Speaker is? Tell me who the audience(s) is/are? Tell me whta you thing the condition of the audience was going to be when the "prophet to be raised" will be on the stage? Tell me if this future prophet will also be a personality that can claim that or can be claimed to be co equal to God? Tell me if this prophet will not just be a full time subordinate, who simply obeys commandment of the Speaker? Tell me, David, if this prophet can ever make up stuff by his own authority alone? Tell me if his follower claims that he is God at anytime, will that verse still be relevant to co God? Tell me if raise will be referring to a coGod that was always present, even before creation? I have to stop so that I do not overwhelm you, with more quetions about this very single Deut. Verse. Finally, who could this verse be referring to, co god of the Christians, Jesus, son of god or a very submissive slave and servant of God Almighty, who can only follow instruction to the last letter of it?

why is it that the parts that were corrupted are the very ones that make muslims uncomfortable?

After you settle down from this euphoric feeling about nothingness, please explain Mark 12 Verse 29 to me. A verse where Jesus from his own mouth declared that he is a creation, servant and slave of One Lord God. Now tell me whta part of the Bible that makes muslims uncomfortable, except that the muslims are telling you that you ignore verss that came from Jesus, and cling to what he would never have said! You will see the consistency of what Jesus would say about Lord God Almighty, if you compare it to what God is known to be in the Old Testament and a final confirmation of this is in the Qur'an.

Now, point to me a clear verse in the OT that talks about Jesus or any other entity being part of God? Let me explain to you something: even me your big brother, when i talk to my bride use the majestic plural for myself. I am a simple man. If I can do this, then I ask you how can you say that when God speaks in the same term, He must be talking to His comrades, His co equals? Someday, you will speak with my bride. Many men or people with royal blood speak in the majestic plural forms, you know.

Here is my verdict . . . this lie about corrupt bibles is nothing but an excuse.

Your verdict is wrong. Why? The Bible has verses that contradict each other, in the two camps. We see that whenever a book by itself cancel its own statement by another statement, there must have been some confused writer(s) at work! How do you reconcile this in the New Testament, since no prophet has ever claimed that he was a partner of God before? We mount an analytical explorations of the two opposing statements. In the case of the Bible, we see that the verses speaking about One God, in the New Testament is consistent with the belief in the Old Testament. If God was to reveal any multiplicity of personality, Moses would have been told. Read about all that God told Moses as he described Himself to this brave prophet Messenger who confronted and crushed by God's Might the greatest tyrant of that time. You never see more than One Whole God, Who is defined inOne complete Entity!

Where you find any inuendos about gods, it referred only to human classifications, by powers, alone. None of it can ever be termed to mean co ownership of God's Power and Authority. We also see that Jesus at no time ever said from his mouth "I am God, worship me!" To have said that he and father are one, means nothing. I am pakulopa of ijebu Ode. There are many pakulopas of that same land. All of them being my siblings. But none of us has the same authority as a our father. I could never pass for him. He is dead and i am still alive, is clear sign of our not truly being one. Now tell me whats new?
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2008
alhaji, break down your posts into smaller, easier to read portions next time.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2008
@4Him:

This is the question everyone is asking . . . why is it by force to find mohammad in the bible? Have you seen a christian working up a sweat to find Jesus THE CHRIST in your quran?

The Christians don't have to worry about Jesus in the Qur'an, because his name is there, at least 25 times! Al Qur'an does not hide anything. It is there for you to read. That includes Jihad, a word that you ignorantly and wrongly translated and given a wrong meaning. That includes the number of wives a man can have. Remember that it gives limits to everything and a process for weaning from bad condition to grogressively move to a good condition.

And the reason that the Christians, for the most part have not even sweated about the conditions of jesus in the Qur'an is that they believe that Jesus is carrying their waters for them. I have news for you, Dave. It is not going to be the case in the day of judgement.

Interestingly, it is the descriptions of Jesus in the Qur'an, being iconoclastic to what is in the New Testaments, especially the post Jesus era on earth, that those who claimed the noble prophet to be fake are using, solely as their reason! If Islam had been dishonest and agrees with all that Paul and company have said, even though a different religion was to be established, the Christians would not have had any complaint. Well, the truth is being told and there is no compromise in it.

What happened to this girl, Nwando? I know you are here, already. lol. (Always a lover!).
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Away4real:

(Jesus you are too much even the heathen want to identify with you)

LOL. What happened to the Jews who do not even acknowledged him? Worse than heathen? I beg ol boy, comt. Go sit down. Your trick no go work. I see through the big loop net you called a veil. Its all very deceitful.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2008
olabowale:

@4Him:
The Christians don't have to worry about Jesus in the Qur'an, because his name is there, at least 25 times! Al Qur'an does not hide anything. It is there for you to read.

Even if it were there 2500 times we still arent concerned. Why are you forcing Him there?

olabowale:

And the reason that the Christians, for the most part have not even sweated about the conditions of jesus in the Qur'an is that they believe that Jesus is carrying their waters for them. I have news for you, Dave. It is not going to be the case in the day of judgement.

Why are you so so worried about this?

olabowale:

Interestingly, it is the descriptions of Jesus in the Qur'an, being iconoclastic to what is in the New Testaments, especially the post Jesus era on earth, that those who claimed the noble prophet to be fake are using, solely as their reason! If Islam had been dishonest and agrees with all that Paul and company have said, even though a different religion was to be established, the Christians would not have had any complaint. Well, the truth is being told and there is no compromise in it.

So much about "Jesus" in the quran . . . what about mohammad in that same quran? where is his genealogy? where is the story of his great "miracles"?

Why are you TRYING SO HARD to find the stories of Jesus Christ in there?
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Davidylan: You are bent on defeating me by attrition. I am up tio the challenge. I hope that you are at least not blind to the materials in from of you. InshaAllah, the Owner of your soul, Who is able to affect your heart will guide it aright. Amin.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan: You are bent on defeating me by attrition. I am up tio the challenge. I hope that you are at least not blind to the materials in from of you. InshaAllah, the Owner of your soul, Who is able to affect your heart will guide it aright. Amin.

this is not a war. I'm totally unconcerned whether Isa is in ur quran or not. I'm just here to make sure you dont get away with misinforming the public.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by olabowale(m): 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Davidylan: Aburo, when did truth telling becomes misinformation?

By the way, did you receive my email about the leopard who killed and ate a monkey, but protect its infant baby? Google: leopard eats monkey and saves her baby infant. This tells you that Allah is Akbar. Nothing happens He wills it.
Re: What Color Was Jesus? by ayinba1(f): 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Olabowale

Someone sent me a youtube video onthis leopard today. I'll post it on the Islams only. Allah Akbar!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ori Okori & Lorine Okotie's Songs / Does Heaven Exist? / Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.