Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. - Education (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. (738583 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Eportal Is Now Open For Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by AyoMuda1994: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
And am from oyo state so what åre my chances of gaining admission this year and even though cut off is been raised what Will be the range för political science.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Jodekss(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
papindinho: I saw it though. But the reports is saying SOONEST and VERY SOON and Sep 7 doesn't sound related to any of the two.
ah, okay sha, we go resume one day dat one sure like yeeeeh, cos nau nau ehn, see, house is like yeeeeh you dis boi, waitin u come do at home again nau, go back ah no wan c u jo... smiley
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Kunlexic(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
davidmascot: kunlexic long time o!
tanks bro,hope una dey prepare for resumption
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
emekakelvin: @ kunlexic nice one. Leither, I hope say you dey keep my own share of your salaries-.---»» Na joke oh
Haha,I don talk am say you be Igbo man,you just dy deny am grin

The job self,might even quit soonest.It's a 12 Hour Job!!(8:00am-8:00pm).All I wanted was a job to just keep me busy: say like 8:00-2:00 or at worst 8:00-4:00 and not an extremely long hour job like this plus the job is really stressful(you are always standing most of the times) and I will also most probably not get my first salary coz we will most probably resume anytime from now.

As for the resumption date: I think "their soonest really means soonest" and the school will most probably resume anytime from now.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by understatement: 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Now i gat u leitner..you are a stalite..keep praying 4 we aspirants sha..u be ex-predite?and ofcus u should wait and cllct ur salary..i only need d tithes
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Mhyke: 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
Oluwatola5: eng

dat's could pose as an acronym for engineering or english..if it's d latter,i guess it's genetic
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Mhyke: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
papindinho: I saw it though. But the reports is saying SOONEST and VERY SOON and Sep 7 doesn't sound related to any of the two.
sept 7?? dat's too soon,we have to rest na
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Mhyke: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
SAPEDRO:
Dont get ur hope too high, even the part one students that just resumed this year had a hard time getting water in angola, they had to fall back to the mud well to get water, the last exam that was written, many people had to write theirs in amphi theatre and the light is not as regular as before again, all this due to overstrectched population, everything is now set for these newly admitted students,according to the e-portal, they re in part one as their profile is already there, i think we will be called back latest, in three weeks time, so that lectures can commence in earnest, while they prepare for u peoples's admission, it will be a long process, determination of cut off points, merit list, 2nd list,3rd list and supplementary list all this take up to abt three mnths, just try and find something to keep urself busy.

if they merged us,the prospect of seniority coms in.the stale freshers will fetch water b4 the fresh freshers,the stale freshers will plug their hotplates or pressn iron b4 d fresh freshers,and the stale freshers will watch LIVE matches n d cmmon room while the fresh freshers will come back to watch the re-show.... lobatan

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Mhyke: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
XXX5: OAU fee hike crisis: No
truce still
font size Print Email
 10.Jul.2014 | DISQUS_COMMENTS
|  Oluwole Ige
HOPE of reopening the Obafemi Awolowo
University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State, which
was shut indefinitely following protests by
students against what they termed
obnoxious increase in tuition fees dimmed
on Tuesday as the management of the
institution said there was no immediate plan
to resume academic activities.
Tribune Education authoritatively gathered
that the management of the institution had
not invited the students or called their
leaders for a meeting since they were
ordered to vacate the campus about three
weeks ago.
Speaking in a telephone chat with Tribune
Education, the Public Relations Officer of
the institution, Mr Abiodun Olanrewaju, said
“since the management resolved to shut
down the institution, there has been no
meeting with the Students Union
representatives; none that I know of.”
When contacted, that President, Students’
Union Government (SUG) of the university,
Comrade Isaac Ibikunle, said “nothing has
been done on the part of the university’s
management to invite us to a meeting or
announce any plan to reopen the
institution.”
He, however, hinted that the SUG held a
meeting with the National Association of
Nigerian Students (NANS) recently over the
crisis, pointing out that the resolutions of
the parley would be made public soon.
But Ibikunle insisted, “The management
should reverse the fees. The increased
fees remain unpayable by poor Nigerian
students and their parents. OAU students
say NO to any form of increment in the
fees. Greatest IFE; our demands remain
reversal of the hiked fee and proper
funding of education by the government.”
According to an advertisement placed in
some national newspapers on Monday by
the university’s management, fresh
students in Law, Arts, Social Sciences,
Education and Administration faculties are
expected to pay N43,700 per session;
while their counterparts in Sciences,
Technology, Agriculture etc will pay 54,700;
Students in Medicine, Pharmacy and Health
Sciences are to pay 57,700 per session –
plus N18,000 Development Levy.
Returning undergraduate students in Law,
Arts, Social Sciences and so on are
expected to pay N19,700 per session,
while their colleagues in Sciences,
Technology and Agriculture will pay30,000.
Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences
students are to pay 33,000.

ds wil b d 2nd post of it's kind on a diff thread...where hv u bn?..mars?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Tzeronix(m): 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
Mhyke:
sept 7?? dat's too soon,we have to rest na
Waguan people? Please i had 226 in jamb and 206 in pume, I'm wondering what my chances are to b admitted to study Computer Engineering
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
Mhyke:

if they merged us,the prospect of seniority coms in.the stale freshers will fetch water b4 the fresh freshers,the stale freshers will plug their hotplates or pressn iron b4 d fresh freshers,and the stale freshers will watch LIVE matches n d cmmon room while the fresh freshers will come back to watch the re-show.... lobatan
Not likely, they didn't even mention it yesterday,if they re going to merge that means we re still going to stay at home for at least three more months,which is not possible, and oau is not always in haste, her system is to call you when it's ur time
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by tIce(m): 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Mhyke:

heheheh funny
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by XXX5(m): 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
helo wht hope do i have with 244.5 agg to study architecture
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 14, 2014
Tzeronix: Waguan people? Please i had 226 in jamb and 206 in pume, I'm wondering what my chances are to b admitted to study Computer Engineering
ur chances are slim , just chill for the cutoff marks to b released ,it might just be in ur favour ..n hope say u get leg??
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by emekakelvin(m): 8:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Leitner:

The job self,might even quit soonest.It's a 12 Hour Job!!(8:00am-8:00pm).All I wanted was a job to just keep me busy: say like 8:00-2:00 or at worst 8:00-4:00 and not an extremely long hour job like this plus the job is really stressful(you are always standing most of the times) and I will also most probably not get my first salary coz we will most probably resume anytime from now.

As for the resumption date: I think "their soonest really means soonest" and the school will most probably resume anytime from now.
lol, you do not want a job of stress in this current situation of Nigeria economic and you need cool cash? Say na yahoo you wan do ni?

On a serious note accept the job and keep my share jor grin If really you want a job without stress, why not partake in national I.d card pre registration and make #300 per head?

In term of immediate resumption, na God hand e dey oh coolcoolcool
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by icelord(m): 8:50am On Aug 14, 2014
Tzeronix: Waguan people? Please i had 226 in jamb and 206 in pume, I'm wondering what my chances are to b admitted to study Computer Engineering
almost zero
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by icelord(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2014
XXX5: helo wht hope do i have with 244.5 agg to study architecture
80‰
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by emekakelvin(m): 8:56am On Aug 14, 2014
haydot95: amennnnnnnnnnnn...BT padi,go find work sha..in case
Iol..thank you baba. Even when we dey skul, we dey plan to make moneytongue
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Tzeronix(m): 8:56am On Aug 14, 2014
maxolasnr: ur chances are slim , just chill for the cutoff marks to b released ,it might just be in ur favour ..n hope say u get leg??
Lol no leg oo,i only know some people who know people. Still hoping on God tho
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by emekakelvin(m): 9:06am On Aug 14, 2014
icelord: almost zero
icelord: 80‰
Admission officer grintongueshocked
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by adeshola1(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2014
Hey guys.... my father knows the uncle sister brother nephew niece cousin of the VC grand daughter elder sister friend family cousin

please is my leg long enough for admission

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by tom111(m): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2014
Leitner:

lol,na packing section u dey grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by tIce(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2014
adeshola1: Hey guys.... my father knows the uncle sister brother nephew niece cousin of the VC grand daughter elder sister friend family cousin

smh
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by XXX5(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2014
icelord: 80‰

tnx man........wud lyk to know if it wud be advisible to take my laptop with me when we resume.........(how safe are the hostels)
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by aoezekiel(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2014
NOTICE BOARD
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO FULL-TIME
[REGULAR] DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2014/2015
ACADEMIC SESSION
THIS IS TO INVITE CANDIDATES WHO SAT FOR 2014/2015
ACADEMIC SESSION JAMB EXAMINATION AND SCORED 180
AND ABOVE, TO APPLY FOR FULL-TIME DEGREE
PROGRAMMES AT THE FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION,
ABEOKUTA, IN AFFILIATION WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF
IBADAN, IN THE UNDERLISTED NINE PROGRAMMES:
EDUCATION/ CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
EDUCATION/ ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES
EDUCATION/ ENGLISH
EDUCATION/ FRENCH
EDUCATION/ BIOLOGY
EDUCATION/ CHEMISTRY
EDUCATION/ PHYSICS
EDUCATION/ MATHEMATICS
EDUCATION/ HUMAN KINETICS
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
FOUR (4) YEAR-DEGREE PROGRAMME
The Four-year degree programme is available to
candidates with at least 5 passes at credit level in O/
Level WASCE, SSCE, NECO/GCE including English Language
and Mathematics in one sitting or at least 6 credit passes
in not more than 2 sittings. In addition, candidates are
required to have credit passes in specific relevant subject
{s}
THREE (3) YEAR-DEGREE PROGRAMME
The Three-year degree programme is available to
candidates who possess the Nigeria Certificate in
Education [NCE] in relevant courses and must have
purchased the 2014/2015 JAMB DE form. All DE applicants
must equally have graduated with a minimum of MERIT in
their NCE courses, with requisite O/L requirements of the
University of Ibadan as contained in the 2014/2015 UTME/
DE Brochure.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates for the Four-year degree programme are to pay
Five Thousand Naira [N5,000.00] only into CEDEP Account
Number 0060110679 at any branch of ACCESS Bank PLC in
Nigeria. Applicants should write their UTME Registration
Number first, followed by SURNAME and initials, as it
appears on their UTME result slips e.g. 90583457GB,
CHUKWUDI, U. A. in the space provided for “Depositor” on
the Bank teller.
Similarly, all applicants must pay additional N500.00 as
portal fee to ACCESS Bank Account 0035986142 with
Account name PCTL [With registration number and
surname first] to access the registration portal.
Consequent upon payment of the processing fees,
candidates will access the registration on-line platform at
www.fceabkcedep.org and fill the template after 12 Hours
of payment.
Candidates for the Three-year degree programme are to
pay Ten Thousand Naira [N10,000.00] only into CEDEP
Account Number 0060110679 at any branch of ACCESS
Bank PLC in Nigeria. Applicants should write their DE
Registration Number first, followed by SURNAME and
initials, as it appears on the DE acknowledgement slip e.g.
90583457GB, CHUKWUDI, U. A. in the space provided for
“Depositor” on the Bank teller.
Similarly, all applicants must pay additional N500.00 as
portal fee to ACCESS Bank Account 0035986142 with
Account name PCTL [With registration number and
surname first] to access the registration portal.
Consequent upon payment of the processing fees,
candidates will access the registration on-line platform at
www.fceabkcedep.org and fill the template after 12 Hours
of payment.
NOTE:
All candidates should ensure that they carefully fill the on-
line forms in CAPITAL LETTERS, use functional GSM
numbers and follow ALL other necessary instructions. Care
must be taken NOT to click FINAL SUBMISSION until the
necessary preview/editing has been done.
All candidates are expected to upload their passport
photograph. The image format for the passport is JPEG and
must not exceed 20kb. The photograph must be in plain
background.
UTME Candidates should monitor the website for the Post-
UTME screening date and come for the screening with their
online registration print out, photocopies of credentials and
evidence of bank payments.
D.E. Candidates must have graduated with a minimum of
MERIT in their NCE programmes to be eligible for
admission. Furthermore, D.E. candidates shall not sit for
any test, but shall be screened with their detailed results
[O/L & NCE] which must be forwarded to CEDEP before 5th
September, 2014 for processing, with evidence of bank
payments.
Closing date for completion of the online form is 5th
September, 2014.
DATE AND TIME OF SCREENING
The Post UTME screening exercise for the UTME
candidates shall take place at the College at a date to be
communicated to all applicants on the GSM numbers
provided.
Signed Mr. R.A Akinola
Registrar
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by icelord(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
XXX5:

tnx man........wud lyk to know if it wud be advisible to take my laptop with me when we resume.........(how safe are the hostels)
it depends on the type of roommates u gat, advice for u, when u resume, spend time in Ur hostel, know the kinda roomies u have,, then do Watin Ur mind say make u do
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by icelord(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
adeshola1: Hey guys.... my father knows the uncle sister brother nephew niece cousin of the VC grand daughter elder sister friend family cousin

with this kind long leg, u go graduate for 100level
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by icelord(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
emekakelvin: Admission officer grintongueshocked
yes o, no icelord no oàu
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Pls wen r we going to submit our o'level result?...is it dis year?.....because I want to write dis waec gce.....
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by icelord(m): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
trizzy007: Pls wen r we going to submit our o'level result?...is it dis year?.....because I want to write dis waec gce.....
next year, as soon as faculty registration starts
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
Guys, does anyone know the outcome of the meeting between SUG and The school management?

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
emekakelvin: lol, you do not want a job of stress in this current situation of Nigeria economic and you need cool cash? Say na yahoo you wan do ni?

On a serious note accept the job and keep my share jor grin If really you want a job without stress, why not partake in national I.d card pre registration and make #300 per head?

In term of immediate resumption, na God hand e dey oh coolcoolcool

Emeka you bin wan dy rival God abi?!! grin
This your love for money ehn.E sure me die say: to say na you be Omole,after activating your 1000% increase in fee mode,for Fees list where dem Developmental fee,school fee,acceptance fee dey,you go also add Ebola fee grin.

Emeka,abeg go change your ways shaperly o.Money is the source of all evil,including the current strike cool
tom111: lol,na packing section u dey grin
Lol,na pharmacy store o.I attend to pple that want to buy drugs and I'm a "jew man" @ it(don't know where most drugs are on the shelf and their names).Hence,reason why it is stressful.
understatement: Now i gat u leitner..you are a stalite..keep praying 4 we aspirants sha..u be ex-predite?and ofcus u should wait and cllct ur salary..i only need d tithes
Na wa o,abeg wetin wan remain na?! grin
If God collect him own
Emeka collects his also(whom I'm sure his tithe means 30% grin )
And then you too!!
Wetin wan remain again?!,na only money for transport una wan make I dy collect as salary ni? grin
Make una free your boy o wink

And Mr,Understatement,dy pray for your boy too o.
XXX5:
You can.There is almost no room you'd enter that you won't find @least someone occupant with a laptop(maybe with Angola an exception).
In my room alone,3 people has.
That's not to say Laptops don't get stolen tho.But if you are not the really careless type,you can be assured it won't get stolen.

P.S-You can drop your laptop in many places but make sure one of them is not in your bag after dropping your bag in one of the numerous boxes you are required to drop your bag before entering the library.Coz I can assure you,there is 80% chance you won't see your precious gadget by the time you are through with whatever you went to do in the library.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (573) (Reply)

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.