Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. - Education (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. (742083 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Eportal Is Now Open For Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by spenca: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2014
davidmascot: GREAT IFE STUDENTS’ UNION PRESS STATEMENT
ON THE OSUN STATE ELECTIONS:AS OSUN
PEOPLE DECIDE: OUR POSITION AS GREAT IFE
STUDENTS’ UNIONGreat Nigerian people, good
people of Osun State, gentlemen of the press and
ever conscious Nigerian students:An important
feature of every democracy is periodic elections,
this which the Nigerian clime and sacrosanct
constitution permit to be held every four years is
what will happen in Osun state come 9th August
2014. Nigeria has witnessed, since her
independence, various elections with some
marred with allegations of rigging and lack of
fairness in the electoral system. Such issues over
the years have either been buried or settled in
the court of law. We implore the good people of
Osun to ensure that they desist from such action
and inactions that may render this coming
elections controversial and at the same time
paint the countryNigeria and Osun state in bad
colours. This national disgrace must be prevented
now!In the spirit of the aforesaid it isexigent to
point out that the best way to have both moral
and legal leverage over whoever emerges at the
polls isto ensure that you cast your vote for the
best candidate. Good people of Osun should
employ their critical mind at thepolls. It is
important that we continue to secure the future
ofthe state with our votes as our conscience and
the generation will demand that we account for
actions today. Let us conduct ourselves as
peaceful patriots of the state and the country at
large. Desist from allforms of electoral violence
and manipulation of intention at thepolls. To all
political parties that have candidates and all elder
statesmen in the state, it is important to remind
you to desist from sponsoring any form of
electoral malpractice and violence as your time
will go and another will come. Lay agood path for
the present generation of youths in order that
you may see a better Nigeria which you fought at
Independence.To all Nigerian Students in Osun
state
, it is important that we restate as Great IFE
Students Union that the Union remains non-
partisan as this isagainst the ethics, principles and
traditions of our great Union. In the same light we
implore other Students’ Union and Students’
movement in thestate to desist from being
partisan as this will be tantamount to dredging a
hole in the future of our country, Nigeria. We are
the leaders of tomorrow they say but which
nation do we intend to lead if we betray its future
from now? Let us as Nigerian students conduct
ourselves at the polls as peaceful citizens and cast
our votes as critically minded individuals which.
We must not allow ourselves to be used as
political tools in the hands of the political
gladiators for their unholy intentions during and
after the elections!Long live Great Ife!Long live
OAU!Long live Osun!Long live Nigeria!
Signed:BAMIDELE Oludare J.P.R.O
IBIKUNLE Isaac M.President

State of Osun students please !!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by davidmascot(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2014
spenca:

State of Osun students please !!
Meaning?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Ogwuchefriday(m): 10:32am On Aug 09, 2014
For assistance and more info contact the admin office via 08068682402.thanks
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 09, 2014
Ogwuchefriday: For assistance and more info contact the admin office via 08068682402.thanks

Admin office of what organization? OAU
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Admin office of what organization? OAU
Na dat one you dy mind? Scam is wriiten all over is post

Pesin wey dey type from his #800 per month rented room wan dey claim Admission officer for here sad

And are there no mods to ban or del these kind of posts?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2014
emekakelvin: Lol, dis is funny
Lol.No go try am sha o.

Are you also an aspirant?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Debbychi(f): 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hallo everyone...aw are u doing? Have bin trying to comment since,,bt guess moi browser was having sum probs,,bt tank God it fixed nau....at last oo post jamb came and went:*..congrat to everyone,,,am saying tank u to God,it bin him all through#i rep economics#
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by davidmascot(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
Debbychi: Hallo everyone...aw are u doing? Have bin trying to comment since,,bt guess moi browser was having sum probs,,bt tank God it fixed nau....at last oo post jamb came and went:*..congrat to everyone,,,am saying tank u to God,it bin him all through#i rep economics#
You are welcome.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Cymbal: 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hello peepz..
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by indo87com: 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ghydyon: good day fellas, congrat to those who passed the putme and to those who turned the acid test to a salty water like the one my neighbours bath with yesterday i say a big congrat to you...judging from the success of candidates in this year postutme i foresee a very high cut offs in every department a replica of 2011 where cut off for medicine and surgery is 297 etc. Am not here to scare u guys but to give you my 2cent.
MY ADVICE
once the cut off is release and you realize you are not close or almost close to your departmental cut off, take all your credentials to ife and find your way to your department and for those that knows a lecturer relative friend uncle sister well that is an edge for you.... Lastly don't fall for scammers all in the name of been desperate for help. Good luck guys

Ghydyon
shining out
Av u forgotten dat jamb dis year was kind of low? Agg cut-off of 297 is highly unlikely cos to get dat the jamb score ll also av to be high, something dat was a bit rare!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
indo87com:
Av u forgotten dat jamb dis year was kind of low? Agg cut-off of 297 is highly unlikely cos to get dat the jamb score ll also av to be high, something dat was a bit rare!
Yeah I doubt the cut-off will be that high.

In Year 2011,there was mass pass in UME that year.If I could recollect,OAU had upto 40,000 applicant for their Post-Utme and the Post-Utme itself was not that hard.

Now comparing that with this year.Relatively to 2011,UME score this year was fairly low and also OAU had just over 14000 applicant.

So my thought is that cut-off won't be as high as 2011 but @ the same time won't be very low.Thinking it will probably be just a bit higher that of 2013.

Note: My analysis deals more with science student.Don't really know about Arts an Commercial coz this one wey dem write the PUME like say na common entrance dem go do.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Cymbal: Hello peepz..
Waaaaaaazzzzzzzzaaaaaaaapppppp??!!!!!

And welcome to the most boring admission thread on this section cool.

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by indo87com: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
Leitner:
Yeah I doubt the cut-off will be that high.

In Year 2011,there was mass pass in UME that year.If I could recollect,OAU had upto 40,000 applicant for their Post-Utme and the Post-Utme itself was not that hard.

Now comparing that with this year.Relatively to 2011,UME score this year was fairly low and also OAU had just over 14000 applicant.

So my thought is that cut-off won't be as high as 2011 but @ the same time won't be very low.Thinking it will probably be just a bit higher that of 2013.

Note: My analysis deals more with science student.Don't really know about Arts an Commercial coz this one wey dem write the PUME like say na common entrance dem go do.
I personally feel dat da cut-off should either remain d same or fall a little bit cos even though da no of ppl dat scored above 300 in da pume doubled compared to last year we should not forget da only 49 ppl scored above 250 in da Jamb ppt!

1 Like

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Ghydyon(m): 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
indo87com:
i guess u r not forgetin dat post ume scores was nt as high den to dis year's post ume.like i said earlier am nt trying to scare u guys just trying to prepare ur mind just incase it goes dat way
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Ghydyon(m): 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
indo87com:
I personally feel dat da cut-off should either remain d same or fall a little bit cos even though da no of ppl dat scored above 300 in da pume doubled compared to last year we should not forget da only 49 ppl scored above 250 in da Jamb ppt!
is it only ppt candidate dat came for post utme? Hope u r nt forgetin dat candidate dat did cbt dis year were more dan dat last year?...
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
indo87com:
Yeah,get that.

But I think it is also worth taking note of the fact that,many people this Year,compared to last Year,sat for the CBT instead of PPT and thus affecting the pass rate +vely.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by papindinho(m): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
indo87com:
since when did OAU start using Jamb's performance index?

Just pray to be on the safer side bro.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by indo87com: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Only cited ppt stats cos dat along with dbt were da only stats released by Jamb,not withstandiing utme scores were much lower dis year dan every other year I av heard of. Backing my point is d case of Nsukka where they arrange putme candidates in order of utme score and da highest score for med/surg was 273 ppt dbt and cbt!
And on da post utme front,only 90 scored above 300, up frm 44 last yr, ya it doubled bt dat can't make up for da generally low utme scores
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
indo87com: Only cited ppt stats cos dat along with dbt were da only stats released by Jamb,not withstandiing utme scores were much lower dis year dan every other year I av heard of. Backing my point is d case of Nsukka where they arrange putme candidates in order of utme score and da highest score for med/surg was 273 ppt dbt and cbt!
And on da post utme front,only 90 scored above 300, up frm 44 last yr, ya it doubled bt dat can't make up for da generally low utme scores
Also tried looking for CBT jamb's statistics,couldn't find any.So one can't be really sure of the overall performance but notwithstanding I think CBT candidates fared well compared to their PPT counterparts.

Let's just hope and pray OAU does not release a high cut-off mark coz once you beat the cut-off mark,you can be assured your course without unnecessary use of long leg.
When I was in first Year,a roommate of mine who came in for Pharmacy(that was 2012/2013) had exactly the same mark as the Merit list mark(the cut-off was very low that year,I think it was 238 or so) and his name came out on the admission list without knowing anybody or stepping inside the admission office even once.

And let me add,if the rumour of merging happens to be true,I think that will affect the cut-off marks(it will make it higher) as they will want to admit far less candidates than as usual due to limited resources.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Cymbal: 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Leitner:
Waaaaaaazzzzzzzzaaaaaaaapppppp??!!!!!

And welcome to the most lively admission thread on this section cool.
hun...*gets glasses to read*
am glad the thread is lively...
Greeting all the bosses in the house.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by XXX5(m): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
helo! had an agg of 244.5 do i stand a chance to study architecture?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Cymbal:
hun...*gets glasses to read*
am glad the thread is lively...
Greeting all the bosses in the house.
I for say make I greet you back with handshake but your guy dy fear Ebola o.So just accept my salute from afar wink

Btw this thread is dry o.E dry pass harmattan wind sef.
If things continue to be like this,even i will stop posting and activate the spectator/ghost mode cool .
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
XXX5: helo! had an agg of 244.5 do i stand a chance to study architecture?
Don't really know much about your Faculty.Hope someone who knows attend to you.

But I think you stand a good chance though.Last Year's cut-off was 241 for Merit.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by XXX5(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
Leitner:
Don't really know much about your Faculty.Hope someone who knows attend to you.
But I think you stand a good chance though.Last Year's cut-off was 241 for Merit.
thanks.
any update if merging would occur?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
XXX5:
thanks.
any update if merging would occur?
Not sure but I really doubt it

First is the issue of bedspace allocation
But more importantly is the issue of Lecture halls containing students.

For a "normal" set,CHM classes which takes place in 1000st are divided into 2 groups and even after this division,people still don't get seats @ times or get a seat @ the far back where they won't hear what the lecturers are saying.
Or is it Zoo class you want to talk about.Just enter anytime Zoo class is on and you will see people jam packed like Sardines(All this in 1 set o)
Not to now even talk of how they will manage to schedule the practicals for 2 sets.

All in all sha I doubt the merging's feasibility.

But if @ all they will go ahead with this plan(merging),then be assured,it's the current aspirant that will suffer coz consequentially they will want to admit just little number of Students for the new session.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by spenca: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Most would lay back for now because not much to discuss till the release of the cut off list , so don't expect much , but if you have anything to share or ask, please oblige and make your post.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by emekakelvin(m): 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
Leitner:
Lol.No go try am sha o.

Are you also an aspirant?
Not an aspirant sir. I am almost a student
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
@emekakelvin, do you remember when the cutoffs were released last year? Was it early September?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by johe58: 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
in oau,if u choose a wrong combination 4 a course,and u get above d cut-off mark of dat course,at d screening/clearance day,if u have sum1 to lobby for u,would u be given that course?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
emekakelvin: Not an aspirant sir. I am almost a student
A victim of the strike? cheesy
No worry ehn,anytime the SU just release another statement/Letter,maybe on twitter and end it with the usual slogan of Aluta continua.
Just make sure you reply them with: [i]come o,Victoria is tired of staying at home ooooo!!!!![i]
[i]Shey na until area boyz give Victoria belle una wan make we resume ni?![i] grin........More msgs like that from pple and you can be sure the school will resume soonest cool

Btw,which course are you studying?
johe58: in oau,if u choose a wrong combination 4 a course,and u get above d cut-off mark of dat course,at d screening/clearance day,if u have sum1 to lobby for u,would u be given that course?
By "someone" lobbying for you,I hope you mean someone that really has a "long" leg coz one thing you should know is that,these admission officers are like Visa officers and what do they both have in common?,"they are used to people begging them".

So first of all,it will be really hard for you to get that course but again,I really don't know "how long your leg is".
Again,make no mistake,pple beg these people year in year out,so don't think they will have mercy on you just coz you are crying in their office and make sure the person that will be lobbying for you really has "Long legs" and not just some random person.

Best of luck wink
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by emekakelvin(m): 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Chiamaka01: @emekakelvin, do you remember when the cutoffs were released last year? Was it early September?
The cutoff was release August i.e approxrmately a month after the pume. The cutoff was posted on this thread august 13( while the pume was done july 13). Expect this year cutoff on or before september 2nd
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by johe58: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
Leitner:
A victim of the strike? cheesy
No worry ehn,anytime the SU just release another statement/Letter,maybe on twitter and end it with the usual slogan of Aluta continua.
Just make sure you reply them with: [i]come o,Victoria is tired of staying at home ooooo!!!!![i]
[i]Shey na until area boyz give Victoria belle una wan make we resume ni?![i] grin........More msgs like that from pple and you can be sure the school will resume soonest cool

Btw,which course are you studying?
By "someone" lobbying for you,I hope you mean someone that really has a "long" leg coz one thing you should know is that,these admission officers are like Visa officers and what do they both have in common?,"they are used to people begging them".

So first of all,it will be really hard for you to get that course but again,I really don't know "how long your leg is".
Again,make no mistake,pple beg these people year in year out,so don't think they will have mercy on you just coz you are crying in their office and make sure the person that will be lobbying for you really has "Long legs" and not just some random person.

Best of luck wink
wat of a lecturer?normal or long leg

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (573) (Reply)

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.