Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. - Education (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. (738568 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Eportal Is Now Open For Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
emekakelvin:

gringrin Awo hall is not notorious oh, I think the hall has been an element of fame due to her weird attribute and sarcastic personalities. Fajuyi is better when compare to angola, but E.T.F good pass all of time grin

Awo hall no be refugee camp oh, that room you enter was like that because lecture has not started, when lecture starts most people would sleep in the reading room. Why you wan know how many Landlords' I meet tongue

Hehehehehe, I be cool oh. I noe dey do aluta at all

Awo hall not notorious?! Taaaaaaaa!!!Awo is the only hall where you will see a naked guy running after an Alhaja grin

And concerning ETF,that one wey look like Sec. School hostel.That hall is just too boring and nothing interesting ever seems to happens there.

Look this is the breakdown:
Awo: Pros-Never a dull moment
Cons-Too clumsy,lousy and relatively dirty.
ETF: Pros-Relatively neat and a serene environment
Cons-That hall is too dull.
Faj: Da bomb! cool.It is kinda in btwn the aforementioned halls.Not too bubbling but @ the same time not as dull as Faj.Not as neat as ETF but @ the same time no where as dirty as AWO.

So MR.AWO just swallow some humble pie grin and agree FAJ is the best grin cool.

But it depends on personality sha.Some people like a quiet, environment and their personal space.If you are that type,ETF is the place for you and you will probably die of frustration if you happen to find yourself in AWO.While somebody like me prefer the AWO type of hall except for the dirtiness sha.

And as for your landlords,you are on a long thing o cheesy.I can assure you they are there to stay with you forever grin.Many Awoite stay in a particular room from their First year to their penultimate year,which after they will be given bedspace.
As I dy look you sef,you are a "Landlord" in the making grin
understatement: First,welldone @leitner..i like the way you interact with people..but shuo!u are even an aspirant and you know this much bout oau?u don do diploma there b4?lolz
Second,about those asking bout combinations.Pls i don't know bout other courses,but INTEREL?abeg u need MATHS!..How am i so sure?thank you..pls listen,it actually cost me admission in 2012.I had 240 in postjamb,knew somebody dat knew somebody dat knew somebody in ife,in short i had long legs.But in d end ntin showed up in january wen d list came out
@ Diploma,lolz grin

Bro,I just happen to be a guy that knows things. grin cool

On a more serious note,if you've been following the thread very well,I think you should be able to read in btwn the lines and decipher my "status" wink
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chiamaka01: When is this page going to end?
You want the thread to end shocked shocked shocked
Maka why
Chiamaka01: any updates on the strike?
After two more World cups grin

On a more serious note,a friend of mine told me today that a meeting btwn the SUG and school management is going to hold anytime this week.So I guess we just have to wait for the outcome of the meeting.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
And as for the "Peepers",Una know una sef grin.I dy hail you guyz o!.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by understatement: 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
k @leitner..just joined d thread so i wldn't know ur status...

Bout the strike,heard they are going to meet 2moro or so..i just pray they conclude to merging us 2geda..
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
davskioppy:
chiamaka01 and haydot95, i salute u peeps for your outstanding success.you are confamd people.just keep your hardworking up.
thanks o...na God
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote
author=Leitner]
You want the thread to end shocked shocked shocked
Maka why

After two more World cups grin

On a more serious note,a friend of mine told me today that a meeting
btwn the SUG and school management is going to hold anytime this week.So
I guess we just have to wait for the outcome of the meeting.[/quote]
Oh, thank God.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by davidmascot(m): 12:57am On Aug 12, 2014
SUG and the school management are meeting today. lets pray for a positive outcome.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by oteawhy: 2:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Guys add me on bbm if you go for law 22518ACE
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by omisakint: 8:24am On Aug 12, 2014
Anoda factor that may affect resumption is the issue of ebola.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 12, 2014
na to call ayilala on top omole's head nw o,abeg me nr wan watch anoda champions league final 4 house...na beg I dy beg o...wait sef,all these females wey we get 4 here,none of dem b "airforce" ni?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by emekakelvin(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Leitner:

Awo hall not notorious?! Taaaaaaaa!!!Awo is the only hall where you will see a naked guy running after an Alhaja grin

And concerning ETF,that one wey look like Sec. School hostel.That hall is just too boring and nothing interesting ever seems to happens there.

Look this is the breakdown:
Awo: Pros-Never a dull moment
Cons-Too clumsy,lousy and relatively dirty.
ETF: Pros-Relatively neat and a serene environment
Cons-That hall is too dull.
Faj: Da bomb! cool.It is kinda in btwn the aforementioned halls.Not too bubbling but @ the same time not as dull as Faj.Not as neat as ETF but @ the same time no where as dirty as AWO.

So MR.AWO just swallow some humble pie grin and agree FAJ is the best grin cool.

But it depends on personality sha.Some people like a quiet, environment and their personal space.If you are that type,ETF is the place for you and you will probably die of frustration if you happen to find yourself in AWO.While somebody like me prefer the AWO type of hall except for the dirtiness sha.

And as for your landlords,you are on a long thing o cheesy.I can assure you they are there to stay with you forever grin.Many Awoite stay in a particular room from their First year to their penultimate year,which after they will be given bedspace.
As I dy look you sef,you are a "Landlord" in the making grin
@ Diploma,lolz grin

Bro,I just happen to be a guy that knows things. grin cool

On a more serious note,if you've been following the thread very well,I think you should be able to read in btwn the lines and decipher my "status" wink
I give up grin grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by XXX5(m): 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
OAU fee hike crisis: No
truce still
font size Print Email
 10.Jul.2014 | DISQUS_COMMENTS
|  Oluwole Ige
HOPE of reopening the Obafemi Awolowo
University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State, which
was shut indefinitely following protests by
students against what they termed
obnoxious increase in tuition fees dimmed
on Tuesday as the management of the
institution said there was no immediate plan
to resume academic activities.
Tribune Education authoritatively gathered
that the management of the institution had
not invited the students or called their
leaders for a meeting since they were
ordered to vacate the campus about three
weeks ago.
Speaking in a telephone chat with Tribune
Education, the Public Relations Officer of
the institution, Mr Abiodun Olanrewaju, said
“since the management resolved to shut
down the institution, there has been no
meeting with the Students Union
representatives; none that I know of.”
When contacted, that President, Students’
Union Government (SUG) of the university,
Comrade Isaac Ibikunle, said “nothing has
been done on the part of the university’s
management to invite us to a meeting or
announce any plan to reopen the
institution.”
He, however, hinted that the SUG held a
meeting with the National Association of
Nigerian Students (NANS) recently over the
crisis, pointing out that the resolutions of
the parley would be made public soon.
But Ibikunle insisted, “The management
should reverse the fees. The increased
fees remain unpayable by poor Nigerian
students and their parents. OAU students
say NO to any form of increment in the
fees. Greatest IFE; our demands remain
reversal of the hiked fee and proper
funding of education by the government.”
According to an advertisement placed in
some national newspapers on Monday by
the university’s management, fresh
students in Law, Arts, Social Sciences,
Education and Administration faculties are
expected to pay N43,700 per session;
while their counterparts in Sciences,
Technology, Agriculture etc will pay 54,700;
Students in Medicine, Pharmacy and Health
Sciences are to pay 57,700 per session –
plus N18,000 Development Levy.
Returning undergraduate students in Law,
Arts, Social Sciences and so on are
expected to pay N19,700 per session,
while their colleagues in Sciences,
Technology and Agriculture will pay30,000.
Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences
students are to pay 33,000.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
Wait, so what you(poster above me) are saying is that the said 'meetings' have just been a hoax? Aw, man. When will we resume?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
understatement: k @leitner..just joined d thread so i wldn't know ur status...

Bout the strike,heard they are going to meet 2moro or so..i just pray they conclude to merging us 2geda..
Dont get ur hope too high, even the part one students that just resumed this year had a hard time getting water in angola, they had to fall back to the mud well to get water, the last exam that was written, many people had to write theirs in amphi theatre and the light is not as regular as before again, all this due to overstrectched population, everything is now set for these newly admitted students,according to the e-portal, they re in part one as their profile is already there, i think we will be called back latest, in three weeks time, so that lectures can commence in earnest, while they prepare for u peoples's admission, it will be a long process, determination of cut off points, merit list, 2nd list,3rd list and supplementary list all this take up to abt three mnths, just try and find something to keep urself busy.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by felastika(m): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
tunnababa: DJ T-ZICO passing by.

Wetin lost for ur hand
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by papindinho(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chiamaka01: Wait, so what you(poster above me) are saying is that the said 'meetings' have just been a hoax? Aw, man. When will we resume?
Chiama! The news is outdated. July 10, 2014
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Jodekss(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
papindinho: Chiama! The news is outdated. July 10, 2014
abi ooo ore but just now, there is this date plaguing facebook just now like mad - September 7... smiley
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by papindinho(m): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Jodekss: abi ooo ore but just now, there is this date plaguing facebook just now like mad - September 7... smiley
I saw it though. But the reports is saying SOONEST and VERY SOON and Sep 7 doesn't sound related to any of the two.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Leitner: 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
emmydan9: good morning everybody i had 245.5 aggregate aspiring for pharmacy.pls how good am i to go
You've got a chance.

All though,last year cut-off was just a bit higher than your agg(It was 250.5).But still,I think,you've still got a great chance;just wait for the release of the cut-off mark.

Best of luck.
understatement: k @leitner..just joined d thread so i wldn't know ur status...
Well on this thread,is a poster who happens to be an aspirant and an

UN..................

DER...............

STATEMENT! cheesy

That should be you right?!

Ya dig now? wink.............Just say yes if you do.

And as for the strike,me don tire for dem o.Anytime wey Omo-ole like,make e open school.One day one day,I know say hair go grow for Banky W head.In fact me don start one small Job like that today to keep me busy.

Emekakelvin,I sight you jare,paddy mi grin.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by michaeltotti(m): 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
Kendzyma: lol,its 500k,d lecturer askd for 250k,bt d dad doubled it,i waz also amazed wen he waz tellin me.he should av gn to a privat uni.
white lie.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Kunlexic(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
FROM THE LEADERSHIP OF THE UNION(As at Tuesday,12th August,2014)

Today, 12th August, 2014, the leadership of NANS Zone D led by Comrade Sunday Asefon(Zone D Coordinator) and Comr Momodu Daniel(NANS National Secretary) met with the Dean, Division of Students Affairs(DSA) to discuss all issues relating to the struggle earlier today. The weight of matters raised necessitated another meeting with the Vice Chancellor who was represented by Prof. Abayomi Salami, the Deputy Vice Chancellor Academics, including the leadership of the Students' Union, some honourables of SRC, representatives of the ACJ and some faculty presidents.

At the meeting the following demands were made:
• Immediate re-opening of the University
• Review of the fees
• Implementation of instalmental payment
• Introduction of work-study and scholarship for indigent students
• Non-implementation of late registration penalty
• Non-victimization
• Mobilization of final year students for NYSC in November this year.

The DVC Academics in response to the above demands first highlighted the discomfort of the University with the closure stating that it is not of benefit to either the management or the students. He however assured the meeting of the management's commitment to quick and soonest resumption but said he cannot at that moment state a particular date as this is an exclusive duty of the senate. Without leaving out the main issue that led to the closure of the varsity which is increment in fees, the DVC is ready to reduce and assured that the Senate will consider the review of the fees and subsequently communicate its decision in earnest stating that he cannot for now announce any figure.

On the implementation of instalmental payment, the DVC said there is consideration for that especially for some persons that may be found in extreme situations/cases. He also said the senate Relief Committee has presented its report to the Senate and that all plans & logistics to implement the work-study and scholarship for indigent students will be set to work.

He further promised to present the demand of NANS that late registration be addressed only after the University has been reopened to the Senate for the review of the session calendar.

The DVC did not fail to address the issue of timely mobilization of students for the NYSC programme by informing the meeting that the DSA, the Committee of Deans and his office have started putting up plans to ensure that the senate approves all final year results and they are mobilized for NYSC come November 2014.

The last issue addressed by the meeting was that of non-victimization of student-leaders and all other students as NANS zone D pleaded that the Management should avoid any planned victimization against any students involved in the protest as this will be an infringement on the rights of students to protest.

Greatest IFE! We remain committed to quick resumption of students back to the University and holistic resolution of all lingering matters. All available opportunities and options available to ensure these will be further utilized as all third party mediators have been kept abreast of the result of the meeting...La lucha sigue!

Signed
Bamidele Oludare J.
PRO
Shittu I.Olatayo
Secretary-General
Ibikunle Isaac M.
President
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by davidmascot(m): 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
kunlexic long time o!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by emekakelvin(m): 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
@ kunlexic nice one. Leither, I hope say you dey keep my own share of your salaries-.---»» Na joke oh

In a related news, a new update from one fellowship in oauife just got to my phone through my sim tongue

Just scroll down to read shocked

Gud pm to you all, how has been ur break? In a bid to send our greetings to you all and the info reaching us is that the school may resume soon and THERE may be reduction in the fees. MAY THE LORD PRESERVE YOU
GLOGSFE OAU

The piece of information you just read was sent to my phone when I Was watching uefa super Cup final
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by tIce(m): 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
Kunlexic: FROM THE LEADERSHIP OF THE UNION(As at Tuesday,12th August,2014)

his year.

Greatest IFE! We remain committed to quick resumption of students back to the University and holistic resolution of all lingering matters. All available opportunities and options available to ensure these will be further utilized as all third party mediators have been kept abreast of the result of the meeting...La lucha sigue!

Signed
Bamidele Oludare J.
PRO
Shittu I.Olatayo
Secretary-General
Ibikunle Isaac M.
President
keep on signing ooo, one day d ink go finish
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2014
emekakelvin:
The piece of information you just read was sent to my phone when I Was watching uefa super Cup final
at this rate u go still watch champions league final o
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 13, 2014
tIce: keep on signing ooo, one day d ink go finish
Leo smart still get factory na...ink no fit finish
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by emekakelvin(m): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2014
haydot95: at this rate u go still watch champions league final o
No worry, we no go watch am for house by God's grace.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by AyoMuda1994: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2014
Please people how competitive is political science, cos i had 232 in jamb and 224 in post utme and my aggregate is 228.how well am i to go.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by AyoMuda1994: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2014
Please i need reply from a sincere person fast.
You need to tell me point blank my chances.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by godlovesyou(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
AyoMuda1994: Please people how competitive is political science, cos i had 232 in jamb and 224 in post utme and my aggregate is 228.how well am i to go.
Catchment should favour you bro.be optimistic.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
emekakelvin: No worry, we no go watch am for house by God's grace.
amennnnnnnnnnnn...BT padi,go find work sha..in case

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (573) (Reply)

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.