Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals - Music/Radio (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals (75925 Views)

Acoustic Guitarist Needed / Nigerian Guitarist Simeon Djagbo Was Born Without Fingers And Palms (photos) / A Thread For Pianists: Amateurs, Intermediaries, Professionals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2015
In addition to all I've said, I also think African music generally do not support the use of capo as it largely involves extreme finger techniques. There's always a lot of hand movement in African music along the fret board - so that all the 21 fret slots are almost very important. Jazz is another genre that requires this style of play. My genre of music is tilted towards alternate rock and pop. So, I don't think it is out of place for me to use capos to assist my playing.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2015
Mosjentle:
i tell yu..iv been playn a guitar fr a very lng tym now,i kno my way arnd a guitar, and! A capo z nt an advisory tool..ur stll a starter bro,a starter talks d way u do, ask pros in d game, they' tell u , a capo z nt nessecary..being lazy z using a capo
okay sir...thanks!!!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 11:00am On Jan 10, 2015
Mosjentle:

and bro take things step by step,,u cnt learn evrytn bou a guitar at once,,,my own view,make ursef perfect at d basics b4 u jump to that part f guitar playing.
wait talking about steps,is it things like learning each note of the string,the basic chords and some other small things??
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
Elegbede205:

wait talking about steps,is it things like learning each note of the string,the basic chords and some other small things??
I mean perfect usef on chords lik barred,opened,sustained,picked chords be4 u mov to d complex part of playing guitar,,rome aint built in a day
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
TonySpike:
In addition to all I've said, I also think African music generally do not support the use of capo as it largely involves extreme finger techniques. There's always a lot of hand movement in African music along the fret board - so that all the 21 fret slots are almost very important. Jazz is another genre that requires this style of play. My genre of music is tilted towards alternate rock and pop. So, I don't think it is out of place for me to use capos to assist my playing.
Well i support yu, iv heard ur recordings i lik dem,,i love jazz, wen one is focused on dose genres of music(rock,pop) a capo is not a bad idea,so a capo z gon help smoothen things dere ,,to ASSIST ur playing..buh bruv u gon reach a stage that u'll be able to play even more difficult licks witout a capo,so ts a choice
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
TonySpike:
I've heard that statement of "capo are for lazy people" several times. I wonder what you guys would say about pros like Sunny Ade, Chris Tomlin, Paul Baloche or even guitarists in famous bands like Bethel, David Crowder band, The Script & Jesus Culture who play guitars using capos. Does it mean they are amateur players or what? The truth is that some of us aren't learning guitar as professionals, but as hobby, so please cut us some slack. I, for example, have a busy day job and only started playing guitar recently. I don't believe I should know 100% of guitarism in order to play with my church band. So, please don't shoot capo users down, I beg. See you guys later, I've got a band rehearsal now...

These guyz u mentioned are legends,they v gone tru d hard times f playing witout a capo..e.g yu cant know 2+2 without knowing 1.2.3.4.5.6 first...i also use capo aii? So one is stll learning simple pentatonic solo, n he z nw planning of learning exotic scale next,ts odd right?...i play guitar as a job,mayb dts y i see t dat way..its a choice sha...bye guyz..wud b dropping a recording soon

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
Mosjentle:

I mean perfect usef on chords lik barred,opened,sustained,picked chords be4 u mov to d complex part of playing guitar,,rome aint built in a day
all join sha.
That capo ish ehn,i dont rili kno much about it becos i am learning all by myself(my tutors no dae tok abt am) and i can transpose some chords with the aid of tonyspike's photo.
Am not even doin the complex part yet. Thank you sha!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
Elegbede205:

all join sha.
That capo ish ehn,i dont rili kno much about it becos i am learning all by myself(my tutors no dae tok abt am) and i can transpose some chords with the aid of tonyspike's photo.
Am not even doin the complex part yet. Thank you sha!

Bro were do u stay at,
Mayb i cn hook u up with my home guyz..
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
Mosjentle:

Bro were do u stay at,
Mayb i cn hook u up with my home guyz..
Akoka...dat where i spend most of my time in a year.
Am actually learning as a job.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Heavenonearth: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
dayoson0204:
ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND, MY GUITAR. MUSIC IS LIFE kiss smiley
nice guitar uve got there buddy!!! what brand is that nd price

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by drehdinho(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
My junior bro backed me up with guitar on this one. What's ur' take about it?

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
drehdinho:

it really nice.
Na dat 1-4-5 abi ??
Still havin issues with playing and singin.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by drehdinho(m): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
Thanks but, I don't even know anything like 1,4,5
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by free74fire: 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
free74fire:
Hi guys.... I also like acoustic... Am a beginner /learner. I nid a professional dat can tutor me. If u r in benin and u can do dat, drop ur contact so I can reach u so we can discuss.

I urgently nid a professional guitarist(acoustic) in benin I can rehearse wit.pls,drop your contact let me get in touch.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
drehdinho:
try to learn chord theory,am learning that also
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
drehdinho:
cheesy you used a different strumming pattern
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
drehdinho:
check woodcrestmayor's post from page 10 to 12,just some music theory.

Me sef go land 1 cover tommorow with singing(got it right today).
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by drehdinho(m): 3:54am On Jan 13, 2015
I can play at all the frets on guitar. I use inversion method. But I switch more smoothly on E and A string.
I want to learn pure soloing, like all these Nigerian highlife's. Can anyone recommend where to get tutorial on that?
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by drehdinho(m): 4:24am On Jan 13, 2015
I did this some months ago.
I love African songs a lot.
Listen and enjoy, though I made few errors with the song's lyrics.

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 7:41am On Jan 13, 2015
drehdinho:
I can play at all the frets on guitar. I use inversion method. But I switch more smoothly on E and A string.
I want to learn pure soloing, like all these Nigerian highlife's. Can anyone recommend where to get tutorial on that?
go to vuclip with ya operamini and check videos of marty shwartz guitar solo lessons.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 7:56am On Jan 17, 2015
Guitar play of "Jesus Culture - Oh happy day!".
Key of G with capo at position 3
Chords in this song are: G, Em, C, D and D/F#

Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zied5vgkhkscoay/Oh%20happy%20day.m4a?dl=0
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nokiaguy(m): 10:53am On Jan 17, 2015
[a Must Read] K9 Denounces Light In The Air Track

[Gist]: K9 Of Platinum Records Lay Claim To
Light In The Air Track |@K9platinum

Days back, the internet went agog with the
release of a track, Light in the air, which was
purportedly done by K9 with lots of people thinking it was done by K9 of the Kokoma fame, who was previously signed to Eldee the Don’s Trybe records. Well, it seems the new track wasnt done by the K9 we all know as another artist, also K9 by name of Platinum records with twitter handle @K9Platinum has come out to lay claim to the
song while also being as humble as possible in other not to start a media war with K9 of Kokoma fame.

Well my boyz did this track Capt3n and 2Flowz

DOWNLOAD AND ENJOY
http://naijamonsterhits.com/music-k9-light-in-the-air-prod-by-k9/

VIDEO Coming up 2months from now. Stay blessed.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 2:43am On Jan 18, 2015
TonySpike:
Guitar play of "Jesus Culture - Oh happy day!".
Key of G with capo at position 3
Chords in this song are: G, Em, C, D and D/F#

Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zied5vgkhkscoay/Oh%20happy%20day.m4a?dl=0
nice strumming pattern cool

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
Nastydroid:
nice strumming pattern cool

Thanks bro
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 1:18am On Jan 19, 2015
TonySpike:

Thanks bro
how did you improve ur tunning skill? pls share.i don't tune perfectly
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:49am On Jan 19, 2015
Nastydroid:

Bro, I don't do manual tuning any longer...lol. My guitar comes with an onboard tuner and amplifier, so it makes it easier for me. I think you should get a guitar that does too...
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2015
My first two 'simple' attempts of combining finger-picking and strumming together. Not easy to do, hey!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0vwkdmb0uwu6uz/Voice%20062.m4a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe139gju5be6q8r/Voice%20063.m4a?dl=0
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
TonySpike:

Bro, I don't do manual tuning any longer...lol. My guitar comes with an onboard tuner and amplifier, so it makes it easier for me. I think you should get a guitar that does too...
pls upload a picture of the onboard turner and tell me how it works.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nastydroid:
pls upload a picture of the onboard turner and tell me how it works.

This is how the tuner on my guitar looks like, just take a look at the LED display. I'll take a snapshot of my guitar's tuner when I get home. I am currently at work.

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nastydroid:
y not download guitar tuna on your android(am sure u use one,it just about 10mb)or some other alternatives,,then as time goes on you would be able to do manual tuning.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Now, this is my onboard tuner. Note that it is exactly like that of the guitar I showed you earlier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

Top Eight Sexiest Radio On Air Personalities(pics) / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / D'banj Fall In Love Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.