Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals - Music/Radio (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals (76180 Views)

Acoustic Guitarist Needed / Nigerian Guitarist Simeon Djagbo Was Born Without Fingers And Palms (photos) / A Thread For Pianists: Amateurs, Intermediaries, Professionals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Kizito2nv(m): 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
abeg i just buy my acoustic early dis year and na d small 1 wey my money reach i buy and even though its realativly cheap i think it has helped me beyound my expectation as per person wey don get experienc for guiter b4 i knw d main problem with most guiter na the kicking *bending of the guiter neck* so my question is there any tip to prevent this situation for those wey get better guiter this shouldnt be your problem but for people like wey no fit afford high quality note my acoustic is light and am very sure its not aba made even though na owerri i buy am but just to be on a safe side i need guidlines cos am seen how hard it is to practise on a kickd guiter
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by lardy96(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
Pls guys I av no idea how to play a guitar but av been in love with the instrument for a while.but recently av decided to take the first step and get a guitar but I dunno which to get.it all seems confusing on this thread.I neva knew playing a guitar was dis hard plus am new on this thread
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Kizito2nv(m): 12:32am On Apr 02, 2015
lardy96:
Pls guys I av no idea how to play a guitar but av been in love with the instrument for a while.but recently av decided to take the first step and get a guitar but I dunno which to get.it all seems confusing on this thread.I neva knew playing a guitar was dis hard plus am new on this thread
wel i used to have d same problem with but d main thing is to get ur own guiter and d truth is no matter d brand name and type pipo on dis thread giv to u i will still advic u go to market wit some 1 with great knowledg in guiter preferably a gud player who has been long in d bizness den you also need great patient cos dats d problem with we learners we want to b pro in a month or weeks time also get a good tutor practis atleast 1 a day its better to practic evryday dan do practi for 5 hours in day of 1 week if u cant get a gud player aroun dere are many materials and videos on line have fun
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by lardy96(m): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Kizito2nv:
wel i used to have d same problem with but d main thing is to get ur own guiter and d truth is no matter d brand name and type pipo on dis thread giv to u i will still advic u go to market wit some 1 with great knowledg in guiter preferably a gud player who has been long in d bizness den you also need great patient cos dats d problem with we learners we want to b pro in a month or weeks time also get a good tutor practis atleast 1 a day its better to practic evryday dan do practi for 5 hours in day of 1 week if u cant get a gud player aroun dere are many materials and videos on line have fun
thank you very much.I also need to know how much it will cost along with other things I might need
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Kizito2nv:
abeg i just buy my acoustic early dis year and na d small 1 wey my money reach i buy and even though its realativly cheap i think it has helped me beyound my expectation as per person wey don get experienc for guiter b4 i knw d main problem with most guiter na the kicking *bending of the guiter neck* so my question is there any tip to prevent this situation for those wey get better guiter this shouldnt be your problem but for people like wey no fit afford high quality note my acoustic is light and am very sure its not aba made even though na owerri i buy am but just to be on a safe side i need guidlines cos am seen how hard it is to practise on a kickd guiter
just a get a bag for ur guitar,and do not allow water to touch it.that is the little i knw
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 03, 2015
Kizito2nv:
After every practice make sure you loose the strings and you tune them when you will be having next practice and dont forget to do this always.Also dont overstretch the strings when tuning.Always be aided by a keyboard when tuning.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Kizito2nv(m): 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
Yedo:
After every practice make sure you loose the strings and you tune them when you will be having next practice and dont forget to do this always.Also dont overstretch the strings when tuning.Always be aided by a keyboard when tuning.
thanx bro i undstand d logic behind loosnn d string but my case i practic everday nd sumtyms i dnt even fix d practis i could just b bored nd pik d thn up or just enter room see d guiter and start so i will hv to retun each tym nd i dnt keybord or probably losn 5 strings and use d last 1 anyways thanx
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by makwonda(m): 3:32am On Apr 05, 2015
for your best music tutor on acoustic gtr at any level, contact makwonda on 07015141137
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Elegbede205(m): 7:26am On Apr 05, 2015
I hail o wonderful people.
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
i hail all guitarists in he house. I wanna sell an acoustic box guitar (in very good condition and very neat) at a very affordable price. contact me if you're interested. 07052345334. pix attached. available to those residing around iyana- ipaja, alimosho or ikotun, lagos.

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Mosjentle(m): 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
heyy guyz,Had a free time in d studio today..was able to do this short solo!..download n enjoy lol..

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/85b4c56c

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mosjentle:

heyy guyz,Had a free time in d studio today..was able to do this short solo!..download n enjoy lol..

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/85b4c56c
nice but too short
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Tedman: 12:58pm On May 03, 2015
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by ksam20(m): 6:01pm On May 07, 2015
smiley hello my ogas at d top in da guitar ministry... Am stil an amateur o.. Can sumone pls gve me some tips as regards soloing
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 10:56pm On May 07, 2015
ksam20:
smiley hello my ogas at d top in da guitar ministry... Am stil an amateur o.. Can sumone pls gve me some tips as regards soloing
do you know your major scale on all keys and any other scale? am also an amateur like you
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 12:13am On May 08, 2015
TonySpike:
Welldone, guys. I've been quite busy at my end here. I'll definitely post something soon...cheers!
bro can you help me with the video link or website you use for gospel song strumming(rock) tutorial,Am not sure if it is rock
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by ksam20(m): 12:33am On May 08, 2015
Nastydroid:
do you know your major scale on all keys and any other scale? am also an amateur like you
yes i knw d major scale drmfsltd nd penta tonic drmsl
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 12:38am On May 08, 2015
ksam20:

yes i knw d major scale drmfsltd nd penta tonic drmsl
you can practice with that nau shebi na amateur u be learn the 5 major and minor pentatonic scale.keep practising till you be become a boss and advance to anoda scale.Solo is all about what you feel and creativity,And don't forget finger exercise .you can also practice with a friend,he plays the chord while you solo over it,with time you would get better
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by ksam20(m): 12:52am On May 08, 2015
Nastydroid:
you can practice with that nau shebi na amateur u be learn the 5 major and minor pentatonic scale.keep practising till you be become a boss and advance to anoda scale.Solo is all about what you feel and creativity,And don't forget finger exercise .you can also practice with a friend,he plays the chord while you solo over it,with time you would get better
my major prob is, i dnt knw hw those american styles on youtube wud fit in 2 nigerian styles of playing
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 1:07am On May 08, 2015
ksam20:

my major prob is, i dnt knw hw those american styles on youtube wud fit in 2 nigerian styles of playing
remember solo is how you feel,you go improvise and tweak it to your taste.just practice bro and listen to nigerian songs wey dem dy solo like sunny ade,sonnie badu,ayefele etc dy do use effect sha but u can learn something there.Tonyspike uses foreign strumming pattern to sing yoruba songs,you can do it too
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 6:03am On May 08, 2015
Nastydroid:
bro can you help me with the video link or website you use for gospel song strumming(rock) tutorial,Am not sure if it is rock

Please try www.worshiptutorial.com
Cheers!
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Lero15(m): 7:02am On May 08, 2015
Nastydroid:

Please do u have materials or videos on other scales asides chromatic scale?

Cc tonyspike, mosjentle, kilokeys
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 7:34am On May 08, 2015
TonySpike:

Please try www.worshiptutorial.com Cheers!
thanks
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by TonySpike: 9:57am On May 08, 2015
Nastydroid:
thanks

The site should actually be www.worshiptutorials.com

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by ksam20(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2015
Guys abeg pls comment o.. I jst dey start 2 dey learn o.. Me wan improve.. Thanks in advance o

Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by ksam20(m): 10:48am On May 10, 2015
Nastydroid:
remember solo is how you feel,you go improvise and tweak it to your taste.just practice bro and listen to nigerian songs wey dem dy solo like sunny ade,sonnie badu,ayefele etc dy do use effect sha but u can learn something there.Tonyspike uses foreign strumming pattern to sing yoruba songs,you can do it too
thanks boss.. Bt i still got so many tinz 2 learn... E.g... Wen 2 use nd apply all dose 7th, 9th, aug nd dim.. Bt i knw d chords o...
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2015
ksam20 you need to consult google,but i know that 7th are mostly use in jazz music
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by ksam20(m): 1:01pm On May 10, 2015
Nastydroid:
ksam20 you need to consult google,but i know that 7th are mostly use in jazz music
thanks ma boss.. Hav u listend 2 ma recordin
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 11:50pm On May 10, 2015
ksam20:
thanks ma boss.. Hav u listend 2 ma recordin
yea,nice strumming pattern
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by ksam20(m): 7:17am On May 11, 2015
Nastydroid:
yea,nice strumming pattern
thanks, wat du i nid 2 improve on o
Re: A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals by Nastydroid(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2015
ksam20:
thanks, wat du i nid 2 improve on o
am also a beginner bro, just keep practising

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (27) (Reply)

Top Eight Sexiest Radio On Air Personalities(pics) / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / D'banj Fall In Love Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.