Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Intuitions In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Intuitions In Relationships (1896 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intuitions In Relationships by Lovelace: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2008
Intuition, or if you prefer a hunch, and or suspicion at the back of the mind. Sometimes there are signs that a relationship won't work out, warning bells ringing in our minds but we still go ahead with it.
Have you ever been in a relationship that ended badly,but you knew from the beginning wasn't going to work out ?
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by francessby(f): 10:49am On Jul 07, 2008
It can be mere suspicion you know
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Raimond(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2008
Suspicion is different---A relationship that won`t work out, honestly in some way you`ll get the signals,just that we get too engrossed to back out before we get hurt!!!
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by iice(f): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2008
Nah, my intuition is very strong so i have yet to experience any really bad breakups
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by spikedcylinder: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2008
Yea, usually when my instincts are telling me something, thats usually the right thing but stupid me would always prefer to go in the other direction. . .you know, just to see. angry cry
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Lovelace: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2008
iice,strong intuition you got i see.
Raimond,yes super engrossed,and blind as a bat to see the signs.
Francessby,yes mere suspicions in some cases.
Spikedcylinder,you're right on. most times we do what we know isn't right but wrong. The worst thing is having friends and family saying to you,'i told you so' later on. If you don't try,how would you know right?
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Gamine(f): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2008
Most times people know from the beginning, things wont be good

but they go along with the No one is perfect belief

or the let me just try attitude

1 Like

Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Lovelace: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2008
Gamine,yes and in their minds they'd be like,let me just try who knows!
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Emperoh(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2008
yeah it does
Happened to me. Just that somethings also happens that make u think it will work
Whichever gets the better part of you, heed it. It may just be the truth
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Gamine(f): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2008
They try and get burnt

Im not saying one should wait till perfect circumstances

but, there are some signs that are just glaring!
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2008
and then u eventually try and realise it wasnt worth it.
so why try then?

@gamine never got to tell u congrats.
congrats dear
saw the trinity eagle stuff u guys put up.
really cool welcome to da real world.
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Gamine(f): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2008
Thanks Senator. grin

That eagle almost chopped off my head!!! tongue
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Lovelace: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2008
It isn't worth it in the end,but at the beginning it plays out like their lives depended on it.
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2008
lol gamine u aint serious,
so service next right or masters?

@lovelace why go through the stress then if one knows its gonna hurt u at the end?
its like picking a snake knowing it might eventually bite u
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by tope2000(f): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2008
SENATOR JD:

@lovelace why go through the stress then if one knows its going to hurt u at the end?
its like picking a snake knowing it might eventually bite u

very true but sumtimes you can't help it, the way you feel i mean
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Lovelace: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2008
Senator JD,ha that's where the secret lies. It sort of starts from an early age,when you are told not to touch the fire,but you touch it anyways,just to get a feel of the experience. It's the same thing. Why get your fingers burnt,when you knew it'd hurt in the first place.
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Nautillus(m): 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2008
Lovelacethought you were the ALL-SEEING love penguin witch doctor ? ? ?

Alarm bells are normal ok, the thrill you will experience sole depends on the path you will evenyually choose in your relationship from there onwards.

To be or not to be
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Gamine(f): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Senator.

Both actually.

i may also find Love, Actually grin
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2008
@gamine all d best
@lovelace, not everyone had to put their hands in "fire" u know
experience is the best teacher they say, but not all experiences need to be learnt by u
why do u have others to learn from then?
@tope yeah at times u can't help it, especially when one thinks he/she is really in love.
but at what point do you get to and then u realise it aint worth it or i shouldnt have ever tried?

my point is, i can claim pity on myself if from the outsent i didnt know i would get hurt due do some information i didnt know about.
but if i knew for example that she sleeps around or something that ain't  just right and i just want to go in believing that she would change.
if eventually she doesnt and ends up with a friend on his bed,do i blame her?
i guess no because i knew her nature
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Lovelace: 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2008
Senator JD,yes we all live and learn and yes one has to always take responsibility for actions. People go into relationships for different reasons. Intuition and tell tales signs are always there from the beginning at times,we are blinded at first of course and just imagine things would work out with time,but in the end it doesn't.
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Chat2MeBac(f): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2008
Lovelace:

Senator JD,yes we all live and learn and yes one has to always take responsibility for actions. People go into relationships for different reasons. Intuition and tell tales signs are always there from the beginning at times,we are blinded at first of course and just imagine things would work out with time,but in the end it doesn't.

Well said. I think also think it's our human nature. We have all made mistakes, and nothing is wrong with that. Afterall, we are only humans. It is my hope that we learn from those mistakes and make the next relationship(s) the very best. Some people are very good at lying, pretending, etc, so at first one might be led to believe they are legit, All the same, such is life, and life goes on, All the best to those in Love and those Hopelessly in Love too, cheesy

1 Like

Re: Intuitions In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2008
@chat2 yeah we all mame mistkaes but shouldnt live on them.
yeah some pple are pretenders and u just might never know somethings,but one way or the other wisdom
would always come in to be able to decipher what is and what is not
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Chat2MeBac(f): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2008
SENATOR JD:

@chat2 yeah we all mame mistkaes but shouldnt live on them.
yeah some people are pretenders and u just might never know somethings,but one way or the other wisdom
would always come in to be able to decipher what is and what is not

I agree with you 101%. The sad thing is though, some of us NEVER learn and we repeat the same mistakes over and over. My parents used to tell me that there is NOTHING wrong with making mistakes or messing up, but there is a something very wrong if I didnt learn from those mistakes. I have since endeavour to do my very best to avoid such situations in life. My friends once said I have become too rigid. I think it's for the best though. As I earlier said, we are humans and things would happen which we have no control over.

1 Like

Re: Intuitions In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
yeah Chat2b thats it, pple never learn
once is a mistake,
twice is intentional
third time? then u really want it.
but the part of u being rigid now,do u think its really going to ''favour'' u?
yeah things happen that we have no control over but we can reduce them right?
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by onyinye2(f): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2008
well before i enter a relationship, i like to make sure that any doubts are answered. if i have a hunch that you aint the faithful type then yeah im going to look into that. but i personally think there "signs" about a person before the relationship starts.

1 Like

Re: Intuitions In Relationships by HRhotness(f): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2008
Intuition plays a major role in any decison I make, I trust mine completey, hasnt failed me yet. . .

I wont be caught dead doing something that just doesnt feel right

1 Like

Re: Intuitions In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
yeah onyinye all doubts should be cleared before one goes into a relationship,
as much as possible ask questions where one has doubts.
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Chat2MeBac(f): 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2008
SENATOR JD:

yeah Chat2b thats it, people never learn
once is a mistake,
twice is intentional
third time? then u really want it.
[b]but the part of u being rigid now,do u think its really going to ''favour'' u?[/b]yeah things happen that we have no control over but we can reduce them right?

I think it's for the best. I tried changing and it only got me into deeper trouble. I believe one must do things to please themselves and not others,
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by sistawoman: 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2008
Yes i have been there and done that. My last relationship was a example, I knew from the start that he was just supposed to be a jump off but i let it go to far and he ended up being taking away from my place in handcuffs.

I should have just followed my gut and kept it at jump off.
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by Chat2MeBac(f): 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2008
sistawoman:

Yes i have been there and done that. My last relationship was a example, I knew from the start that he was just supposed to be a jump off but i let it go to far and he ended up being taking away from my place in handcuffs.

I should have just followed my gut and kept it at jump off.

LOL, I understand exactly girl, My ex promised the world, He was very good at hiding his tracks though, but as they say "one day nemesis will catch up with ya", and in his case it sure did. Realising he couldnt lie his way out, he turned the blame on me, LOL, Looking back now, I don't even know what the heck I saw in him anyway, They say "you never know what you have until it's gone" THATS a BIGASS LIE, It's actually. "YOU never know what you are missing until you get rid of the garbage hanging out in your life" wink
Re: Intuitions In Relationships by sistawoman: 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

LOL, I understand exactly girl, My ex promised the world, He was very good at hiding his tracks though, but as they say "one day nemesis will catch up with ya", and in his case it sure did. Realising he couldnt lie his way out, he turned the blame on me, LOL, Looking back now, I don't even know what the heck I saw in him anyway, They say "you never know what you have until it's gone" THATS a BIGASS LIE, It's actually. "YOU never know what you are missing until you get rid of the garbage hanging out in your life" wink

Or until that one comes along to show you how you should be treated. No man can ever reach the level that my husband is on.

I asked god to send me a man that would heal my heart that love me and care for me like i will for him. i asked god to send me a MAN, I was tired of messing with the boys and along came my husband. I rejected him at first simply because he was African. The other African men i have dealt with in the past were jerks, but he knew that he wanted me from the moment we met and he kept at it. He wooed me like no other man has ever wooed me. We never had sex until our wedding night, i think that was the most beautiful thing of our relationship. We hung out, we went out ,we talked, we watched TV together, we read together, we acted like love sick teenagers together, we chased each other around the house, we really got to know each other. It seems as if everyday my love for him grows deeper and deeper.

So it took all that garbage to find my treasure. Without the garbarge in my life that i had to clean out i would have never been able to realize what a true precious stone he is.

1 Like

Re: Intuitions In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 8:36am On Jul 08, 2008
sistawoman:

We never had sex until our wedding night, i think that was the most beautiful thing of our relationship. We hung out, we went out ,we talked, we watched TV together, we read together, we acted like love sick teenagers together, we chased each other around the house, we really got to know each other. It seems as if everyday my love for him grows deeper and deeper.
So it took all that garbage to find my treasure. Without the garbarge in my life that i had to clean out i would have never been able to realize what a true precious stone he is.
it seems?? with all this beautiful testimony above it should be growing gal, happy for you.How many folks can have such a beautiful testimony to tell?
It boils down to one thing, know what u want and ask Him(God) for it. As long as its His will then u have it. There's no use putting ur hands into what you know would hurt u, but well something happen to help shape and mould one

Without the, Word!!!

@chat2Me yeah one must please oneself but always remember we dont live in isolation of people.
in trying to please oneself one should always consider how the other feels.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CASE CLOSED! / Why Would U Enslave Yoursef To A Very Fat Old European Woman? / All Dis Naija Bitches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.