Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,970 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Nigeria Cinema Etiquette - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria Cinema Etiquette (21461 Views)

Film House Cinema, Heritage Mall Razed By Fire In Ibadan! / Nigerian Cinema Etiquette / My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by HARDDON: 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Vivly: The people who bring snacks to the cinema are those that don't want to spend N800 on popcorn and soft drink. They rather buy N50 popcorn and bottled coke outside and smuggle it inside

do help a brother out:

please what is the difference btw the N800's and N50 Pcorn?
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
U can't believe dis, there is no any cinema in Ilorin....
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Vickii Ro: Soo hilarious...Laffed really hard @ dat MOG interrupting dat guys' journey into d twin towers (sh!!t happens).
let's go to the cinema together someday..*winks*
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by HARDDON: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Vickii Ro: Soo hilarious...Laffed really hard @ dat MOG interrupting dat guys' journey into d twin towers (sh!!t happens).

viviRhymes!

hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Fadelex(m): 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
I've never been to cinema to watch drama b4, I prefer watching "aiye" and "jaiyesimi" by late Hubert Ogunde... how I go com dey waste money go watch film wey don dey fzmovies to download.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by DJDOLA(m): 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Am so loacal dat have never been 2 any of nigeria cinema before in my life....don't blame is nigeria situation peper never rest ni
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Temismith: I D♡ИŦ went to cinimans
shocked shocked AYE AKAMARA O!!! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
I can always watch anything in my room, with my computer. Cinema ko, theater ni....
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
hahahahahahaha very very true
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Eneze1(f): 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
KEEP YOUR LIPS TO YOURSELF – Kissing is universally accepted as a part of the cinema experience. However, if you sit in a Naija cinema anywhere within the sights of members of the National Association of Currently Unattached Female Citizens (NACUFC), you may get an earful should your lips venture forth: “What? Is it that bad? Can’t they wait till they get home? And it’s not as if they are in love like that o; yeye show-off! People who are truly in love don’t PDA. Psssssew!! Rubbish! Abeg! See see, they don’t even know how to kiss sef; is he going to swallow her tongue?!

KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF – After eating his popcorn off his date’s cleavage, a friend of mine decided to venture further with his hands. He had depended on the darkness of the cinema hall for cover but clearly underestimated the presence of ‘men of God’ in everything Nigerian. A hand grabbed his advancing fingers from behind and declared in a clerical voice: “You shall come forth but no further. Salvation is better than earthly desires!” You may hold hands, or sling your hands across shoulders, but that’s about it!

this got me laughing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by iterator25: 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
#dies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
who go carry me go too ?
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by naxyph: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by UjSizzle(f): 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
Lol funny write up grin

I love going to the Cinema, even though i hate the constant chirping of people then.

Anything that lets me spend #300 on a bottle of coke and #400 on calorie packed popcorn is good enough for me cool
**though i'm considering buying my own coke henceforth angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
Had a very stupid guy and babe in my front by the aisle seat last night at the Cinema at the ICM during Runner runner screening...the girl was damn too hornnnyy and her moans in the dark wouldn't allow me concentrate...fools! grin
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by KoloOyinbo(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hey Silverbird in VI is great and so is the one at Palms out by Lekki. The snacks are overpriced but that is just like cinemas all over Europe. EVERYBODY smuggles food/snacks in.

If you want to kiss your babe then the correct form is to sit at the back! But most of the gals I see in Silverbird are too young to kiss!
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by AZeD1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yes, i do. I didn't catch up with the cinema fever in Nigeria when it started a few years back.
There are some movies that should not be watched at home especially if you plan on making heaven.
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by tyrese108(f): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
+You MUST snap in the toilet in front of the mirror
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by LajaLaba: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
Temismith: not only U̶̲̥̅̊ bro, we plentygrin
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Jeezyy(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
Doesn't even know wot a cinema looks like, were i stay, there are no cinemas
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by vizboy(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
wetin I dey go cinema go do when I get television, dvd, and lots of cd plate to watch for house.
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
zizman: [img]http://2.bp..com/-nRfuk-J1ZDA/UQ7zNf9NWUI/AAAAAAAAASE/4BiF_jgLAoY/s280/silverbird-cinemas-victoria-island-lagos-nigeria.jpg[/img]

BRING FOOD! EVERYONE in the cinema hall will be eating something. The smacking of lips seems to be a prerequisite of cinema attendance. Security at Naija cinemas is so slack that you can smuggle a cow’s thigh in. I once sat beside someone who had a bowl of Amala and goat meat! Feel free to bring your starch and banga, or fufu and Oha soup. When you are done, remember to smack your lips loudly and comment on the food, to everyone’s hearing, of course.

You obviously don't know what you just did to us who live abroad angry, now i'm salivating tongue and i wont be able to sleep tonight. Chai, fufu and Oha soup grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by phil5(m): 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by slumbee(m): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
Can't remember when last i was in a cinema that was ed to capacity. We re usually jst 3 in d cinema when i m watching any movie wink. Ball like that
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Arosa(m): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
BRING FOOD! EVERYONE in the cinema hall will be eating something. The smacking of lips seems to be a prerequisite of cinema attendance. Security at Naija cinemas is so slack that you can smuggle a cow’s thigh in. I once sat beside someone who had a bowl of Amala and goat meat! Feel free to bring your starch and banga, or fufu and Oha soup. When you are done, remember to smack your lips loudly and comment on the food, to everyone’s hearing, of course.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by shewantsme: 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
lucrownt: U can't believe dis, there is no any cinema in Ilorin....

Well, I can believe it. Its ilorin. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by 299: 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Lolz@ 'toilet cleaners'....., i had the same experience at Genesis cinema in Enugu
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by bknight: 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
I go all robert-freeman on them at d cinemas wink grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
"ppl who r truly in luv dnt PDA", wat is PDA abeg?
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by jmoore(m): 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
Soraya_Leticia: "ppl who r truly in luv dnt PDA", wat is PDA abeg?

Personal digital assistant cheesy cheesy cheesy

I think it should be Public display of affection wink

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Nollywood Movies / Watch/download The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power / Check Out List Of 2014's Most Watched YouTube Videos In Nigeria, Wizkid Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.