Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Nigeria Cinema Etiquette - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria Cinema Etiquette (21527 Views)

Film House Cinema, Heritage Mall Razed By Fire In Ibadan! / Nigerian Cinema Etiquette / My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by demelza: 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
dolapobello1:
shocked shocked AYE AKAMARA O!!! shocked
grin Try and overlook some things.
No be everything eye see, mouth go talk.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by prettyboi1(m): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
You guys shouldn't be generalizing pls....I've never experienced most of those things in the number of cinemas I've been to in Nigeria. Who would let you smuggle food or alcohol in? The toilets in the cinemas you've gone to are outside the building? Jeez! No offence,I'm not saying this in an arrogant way but what kind of cinema is that? The things I've experienced though are the "over-emotional" movie watchers who make sounds & talk at every instance the movie's playing. Then probably, the one where folks are kissing & then some people must just talk.
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by chalxdon(m): 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
Smuggling?, trust me on that especially drinks. I wonder why I should spend double the price of a drink just because I want to see a movie. I reserve my comments on romantic shenanigans inside cinemas. I can't forget a particular experience.
Ehe! Don't forget babes that cackle loud on any slightest joke just to get attention
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by prettyboi1(m): 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
Soraya_Leticia: "ppl who r truly in luv dnt PDA", wat is PDA abeg?
Yeah Yeah,That's Why a lot of you guy's men go do some PDA with other chicks since they're not "truly in love" with those other chicks. & when you guys find out now,you'd start crying to the whole freaking world. #soPathetic
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by phil5(m): 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Cinema etiquette ke ,
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Mishydoo(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
Cant forget d day I chyked my babe.i took her to genesis cinema Ph.....The COLD eh! Tried drawing closer to her, u kw to tap some...u kw...but wsnt able to get close enuf sake of dat f.king demarcation /seat handles between d seats.All thru d movie I wsnt watching...jst tryin to remuv d gaddam seat handle!!! Ruined d whole ting fr me....wish I went with a scredriver or hammer! undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by dynamo77(m): 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
SARCASM.......
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by coolchux1: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
So hilarious, nice one dude. I luv going to d cinema especially d Galleria. I used to think it's crazy to pay over a #1000 just to see a movie when u can easily enjoy d same movie at d comfort of ur home for almost nothing. Now, I think I was crazy to think dat!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by armadeo(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
bknight: I go all robert-freeman on them at d cinemas wink grin

And they'll go uncle rukus on ur butt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Damolee(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
HARDDON:

do help a brother out:

please what is the difference btw the N800's and N50 Pcorn?

There's a difference....dat of N800 is POPCORN while dat of N50 is GUGURU

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by armadeo(m): 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Mishydoo: Cant forget d day I chyked my babe.i took her to genesis cinema Ph.....The COLD eh! Tried drawing closer to her, u kw to tap some...u kw...but wsnt able to get close enuf sake of dat f.king demarcation /seat handles between d seats.All thru d movie I wsnt watching...jst tryin to remuv d gaddam seat handle!!! Ruined d whole ting fr me....wish I went with a scredriver or hammer! undecided undecided undecided

U don kolo.
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Yemlizzy(f): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
Jeez some un-true facts are here but interesting though......*winks*
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Latnok95(m): 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ahahaha...
Illegal Entry : When the movie is about 10mins in, go towards the Hall entrance with a razz face, whisper to the whatever they are called that stays at the door that you are willing to pay half of the money to him if he let's you in.. In Silverbird galleria, there are Camera's at the entrance so he/she will tell you to enter, that he will come and collect the money..
When you get in, hide in one corner and wen coming out.. Exchange jackets or give someone ur jacket to hold for u
.. Free Movie is sure!!!!!!

Please don't try this if you don't have at least 500naira. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by victorazy(m): 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
The last one killed me grin grin funny dude
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Latnok95(m): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
cool_chux: So hilarious, nice one dude. I luv going to d cinema especially d Galleria. I used to think it's crazy to pay over a #1000 just to see a movie when u can easily enjoy d same movie at d comfort of ur home for almost nothing. Now, I think I was crazy to think dat!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by millenni(f): 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
whitecat007: It used to be a weekly ritual for me when what is now known as Fork n Screen used to be backlot, also the AMC at Phipps, you could sit and watch wi y h peace of mind, but after what happened in a movie theater recently, you can't pay me to there. I have since replaced it with a gigantic screen TV at home and even have plans to go bigger for the holiday season.
wat happened??
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dap07:
let's go to the cinema together someday..*winks*
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dap07:
let's go to the cinema together someday..*winks*
No probs,as long as I can bring my husband Two kids along.
So wat do u say?
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
HARDDON:

viviRhymes!

hmmmmmmmmmm
Biggest Deddy,ur daughter's jst calling it as she sees it.
U knw dat's what's up
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by bknight: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
armadeo:

And they'll go uncle rukus on ur butt.

grin grin grin

Nah! Ruckus isn't smart enough to beat d wisdom of a man of an unknown age cool
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by anitank(f): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
Lol!! This should be in the jokes section

I always do popcorn and a plastic coke bottle, nothing more or less. And I prefer going in the night when the whole place is quiet and u have not very many people in the room, that way u avoid the nuisance of those overgrown kids

But Amala and soup inside cinema?? Haba op u can lie ooo cheesy
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Crixina(f): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
captainhenx: I once sat beside someone who had a bowl of Amala and goat meat!

hahahahah grin grin

“You shall come forth but no further. Salvation is better than earthly desires!” You may hold hands, or sling your hands across shoulders, but that’s about it![/b]Captainhenx pls kindly tell me how to quote some parts of a post like you did.

Gratitude.

undecided

[b]DO NOT TOAST, UNLESS
… – Unless you see a certified birth certificate or a sworn affidavit, do not toast any female within the walls of Silverbird or Genesis Deluxe.

cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Crixina(f): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
captainhenx: I once sat beside someone who had a bowl of Amala and goat meat!

hahahahah grin grin

“You shall come forth but no further. Salvation is better than earthly desires!” You may hold hands, or sling your hands across shoulders, but that’s about it!

undecided

DO NOT TOAST, UNLESS… – Unless you see a certified birth certificate or a sworn affidavit, do not toast any female within the walls of Silverbird or Genesis Deluxe.

cheesy grin
captainhenx pls kindly tell me how to quote some parts of a post like you did here.

Gratitude.
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by coolchux1: 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
I remember a particular day I went to see My Name Is Khan @ d Galleria, then I think it just came out. Waiting @ d hall entrance, I realised I was d only black person in d midst of so many Indians. As i began to feel intimidated, I noticed one beautiful Indian teenage girl stealing looks at me, so i tot to myself, "dude, here's a chance ooo...don't dull!." I moved closer to where she was standing, but before I could utter a word to chat her up, an elderly Indian man looked sternly @ me and said something in Indian to her. Those who heard wat d man said also looked in my direction, gosh I felt embarrassed when I realised dat was probably d babe's father. I didn't say a word to soul until I got home dat day!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Crixina(f): 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
Soraya_Leticia: "ppl who r truly in luv dnt PDA", wat is PDA abeg?
public Display of Affection,I just learnt the full meaning recently,that's why am so proud to teach you
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
Loooool @ The National Association of Currently Unattached Female Citizens (NACUFC)!!!!! grin
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Agozie48: 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
Lol the rules are all correct... Most importantly the rule of the tax collectors in the rest room...
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by RedCard1(m): 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hope these rules didn't apply to In the cupboard, memories of my heart, Amina and Mirror Boy kinda movies that served as embarrasments @da cinemas
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Revolva(m): 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i will never use my money to watch cinemans..when alaba version full the streets of lags even cheaper..
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2013
Guilty of Smuggling vodka/alcohol especially when me and my boys are having guys movie out --- I hate being in a dark room with bunch of strangers but vodka works

"I went to see Captain Philip" the other day holy cow I swear I've never been in one that many white people in my life shocked cheesy

Never been to Movies in Nigeria but I promise you I will baptize any a.hole making ish noise around me with soda or whatever I'm drinking.
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by fabulousdame(f): 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
d last time i went to a cinema, after buying the pop corn of #800 en waiting for my change, d guy at the counter asked if i wanted another... i just ignored him buh inside my mind i was like 'dis guy don kolo oh, na because i nor smuggle #50 own come abi? like say na pop corn of life... mtcheeeew'
Re: Nigeria Cinema Etiquette by whitecat007: 12:07am On Oct 22, 2013
The Aurora Colorado shooting where 12 people died during Batman movie
millenni:
wat happened??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From The Premiere Of The Wedding Party At TIFF 2016 / OSCARS: Ramsey Nouah, Mo Abudu, Andrew Dosunmu Invited To Become Academy Members / What Are Your Favorite Animated Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.