Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,356 members, 7,850,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: (15520 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Fynestboi: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
COMING UP SOON...

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Caracta(f): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
At a point i had to ask myself if the participants were Nigerian students. There is hope for this country after all. Good job everyone.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Obinoscopy: Alicia Keys, your opening essay was great! The way you elaborated your facts, your examples, your mathematical calculations were splendid. But just like Mazi and some audience countered, you failed to provide convincing solutions in your essay. You however clarified that in your responses to their rebuttals.

Mazi_Omenuko, there's no doubt you are an icon in writing. The ease with which the words come out from your posts is very amazing. However this is a debate and as such we demand that you be very bold and persuasive when making your points known.

Deschyko, your essay was very vague and sometimes incomprehensible. But you were able to make ammends in your replies to rebuttals and questions. Weldone.

Sammytolly4Jesus, your essay was very scanty with less examples and facts. Also your late response to your fellow contestants, audience and judges was almost responsible for your downfall. If you had not come back online to respond to the questions, you might have gotten a lower score.

All in all, you guys tried. Alicia was the first on all Judges list and she had the highest scores in terms of Logic, Strength, Persuasiveness and Knowledge. On that grounds, she is the deserving winner.

To the coordinator and my fellow Judges, I say well done guys. It was nice working with you guys. And to my fellow nairalanders, I say thank you for being part of this show as the audience. Without you guys, this debate would not have been possible.

Thanks and God bless.

Regards,
Obinoscopy

Chief Judge

sad sad

I was actually in a programme. My battery went flat there and I didn't have a charger with me.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Wiseracre(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Very good, am impressed. There is hope for my dear country. To all the participants, thumbs up. Alicia-congratz...
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
henchamb: The boss said the floor is open for chair throwers. Well let me throw the first chair. I congratulate alicakeys but as I said in the last stage her references improved. But proper referencing wasn't used esp online materials. Well mazi why did you allow this girl to defeat you. Also the rule said essays must not be more than 750 words while some some up to 3000 words without been penalized. As for those that wrote scanty essay wetin happen.
Thanks a lot. I am still learning from education icons like my oga mazi. Pleased to have taken part cos I learnt so much. Learning is a continuous and daily process.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Davo93(m): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
'I’ve often thought it unfair that women are expected to stay at home when there’s a fight to be won. If a woman has the strength to bear a child, she can swing a sword as well as any man' This thought is once again affirmed. You deserve it Aliciakeys. Accept my hearty congratulations for emerging the champion of this maiden event.

Mazi is great too. After i read his essay, i was persuaded to have a rethink on my initial proposition that our tertiary education should be free although i am still undecided cheesy

Samtolly4JESUS & Deschyco were good and logical in their submissions. You guys did wonderfully well.

I personally, have learnt a lot from this historical event. A big thanks to the organisers and our hardworking judges. You guys rock! May God spare our lifes to see next year's edition. Regards!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by MaziOmenuko: 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
Obinoscopy:
Mazi_Omenuko, there's no doubt you are an icon in writing. The ease with which the words come out from your posts is very amazing. However this is a debate and as such we demand that you be very bold and persuasive when making your points known.

Thanks. The limit of 750 words was a big hindrance! I had to manage to fit in as much points as possible, make recommendations and counter some of my opponents points all within the 750 word limit. There was no much space available for stressing the points and being persuasive. I enjoyed the 2500 word limit of the first round. Seems some of the opponents didn't care about the word limit.

All in all, it was a good show; and I'm proud to have taken part in it.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
Oluwatola5: Congrats Alicia, your essay I must say was really on the spot. I just didn't want to sound too forward and sounding more Catholic than the Pope by admitting that I n the beginning. To the other contestants, i must say i gained a lot from you guys, nice brains you all have got there. Cheers!!!! smiley
#big grin# cheesy grin....SPEECHLESS...
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
[quote author=Mazi_Omenuko]
PLEA; Please may I be your humble student??
You have really inspired my writing..
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Caracta: At a point i had to ask myself if the participants were Nigerian students. There is hope for this country after all. Good job everyone.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Mr. Network does not want me to show my appreciation... lailai! I MUST!!
This is to say THANK YOU for your time, judgments and comments, it really helped in boosting my writing. Your appraisals in the 1st round did a lot of good to today's essay..... Merci beaucoup.... Gracias..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by dapsondou(m): 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Congratz Aliciakeys
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
Gonna miss this color
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
dapsondou: Congratz Aliciakeys
#screaming# DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by shakur07(m): 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
aliciakeys congrats oh ..
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by MaziOmenuko: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
Aliciakeys: Gonna miss this color

Congrats dear. The Literature section awaits you. You've got talent.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by boay(m): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Congratulations ALICIAKEYS. Despite the fact that I pose alots of challenging comments you logically find a way out to defend yourself. It is really a wonderful exercise to develop our intellect and challenge our abilities.

I really appreciate God that I didnt miss this program though I didnt know about it before.

@ Fynestboi and others weldone. You guys really helped me and other audience to learn. Thanks for the opportunity.

Observation:::: Only few people really follow this thread. Why?
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by boay(m): 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Another observation is that some facts used in the debate were wrong
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by shakur07(m): 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
in simple word because ds thread is nt in ani way related to sexual contents ..if to say na sexuality section nao u go cee as we nlanders [youths ] go plenty dia ... [quote author=boa.

Observation:::: Only few people really follow this thread. Why? [/quote]
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
waaaaaaaaaat i thought it would be around 9pm?? PHCN has done more bad than good.... Anyways CONGRATULATIONS ALICIAKEYS!!! More grease to your elbows...
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Mismak(f): 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
Aliciakeys...congrats dear
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by infoscope(m): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
Congratulations to Aliciakeys for emerging Champion on the maiden edition of the NED. You did put up a good battle and I am happy you won. Its good to have been part of this also, though I didn't make it to the finale but it was worth every bit of second i spent on it.

Dear Mazi, you were my favourite to win this competition but be that as it may, you are and will always remain a great writer. I have followed your works on the literature sections and I am convinced that you are a literary genius. You've got a lot of fans..

To the other contestants I want to appreciate your efforts, they weren't in vain.My prayer you guys is that may your inks never get dried. Continue to improve yourselves by reading.

I hope to see you all on the next season.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Fynestboi: 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
boay: Congratulations ALICIAKEYS. Despite the fact that I pose alots of challenging comments you logically find a way out to defend yourself. It is really a wonderful exercise to develop our intellect and challenge our abilities.

I really appreciate God that I didnt miss this program though I didnt know about it before.

@ Fynestboi and others weldone. You guys really helped me and other audience to learn. Thanks for the opportunity.

Observation:::: Only few people really follow this thread. Why?
thanks i notice that to, next year wont be like this, probably due to the football match...
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
shakur07: aliciakeys congrats oh ..
Shakur of life, shouldn't that be said with a hug? grin
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Fynestboi: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Fynestboi: COMING UP SOON...
E-INTerschool debate.....
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 10:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
Mismak: Aliciakeys...congrats dear
Gracias Hemjay!! sori, Mismak.... all join sha cheesy
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
SHAKUR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dnt run.... where is my hug?
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by boay(m): 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
@ ALICIAKEYS I read your argument again, I was really surprise the way you combine words. I am learning
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Aliciakeys(f): 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
boay: @ ALICIAKEYS I read your argument again, I was really surprise the way you combine words. I am learning
Wow! Lyk seriously, am honored and really do appreciate it.. We are all learning..
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Tosdam(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Alicekey, i read ur write-up n all i could say was "bravo" for that tip-top performance, i mustn't forget 2 say u ve done ur assignment well n nourished, i knew u are going to win after reading ur essay n compare to others, u deserve it i must say...

@Mazi, i must be sincered with u. U are an "icon" in this debate, there is no way we can discuss this debate without discussing "U", despite my sting in literature thread i ven't meet or hear about u until now, u are wonderful n u made the literature thread proud, bros u ve my "respect". I started the hurdle with u guys but didn't make it to the grand finale.

@Samatolly, u are wonderful. Scream this out "OAU there i go" the great citadel of learning can't wait to receive u. I doff my cap for u "gani in the making", u guys are great. I ve learnt alots from u guys n will keep to it, we can't wait to discuss u on oau thread. Just dat ur scanty essay led to ur ..... U should ve given more point, though those ones given are on points but not enough in this kind of competition... Nice 1 bro.

@Des, am speechless cos ur ink rock my mind n made me nod in agreement but ur essay is too clumsy regarding to paragraph and arrangement, i ve to skim through. Naija is a soiled with talents, great future await us..

@ALL contestant, we all tried. It is not easy to typed a lenghty n sensible essay with phone, we ve all contributed to the progress of Nigeria. Writer is not made in a day, it is days...

GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS AFRICAN.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by lertee(f): 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
JUDGING CRITERIA (5 marks each)

1. Presentation (opening, flow, closing, response to judges questions, audience questions and contestants rebuttals)

2. Logic of arguments

3. Strenght of facts, examples, cases.

4. Persuasiveness

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject
If written English and good command of English was included in the criteria for winning, the winner Aliciakeys would not win.
She has a good argument,strong points and consistency but her written English is not too good.
She wrote in the same manner she would speak,lots of spelling error as well as doing direct translation of her local dialect to English.
Congratulations though,you can do better.
Re: Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: by Johnsinia(m): 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
@fynestboi thank u 4 ds. I only noticed this debate today. I think u should do more on advert and awareness next time the debate wil take place. Propably, u can allow the advert of the debate to stay on the front page or in all rooms till the day of the debate. I strongly believe that many people would have love to fellow this thrend but are not enlightened about it. This is the kind of educated excercise i experts all moderators to be displaying on the front page instead of all those nonesense political and sexuality talks that only leads to tribal, ethnic and religious war.

@Aliciakeys congrate. Even b4 d judges releases their result, i knew u are the winner. Keep it up
@Mazi your english is just good. Your write up is inteligently written. I tink the reason you were defeatd by Alicia is that she gave more convincing point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted / University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Forms / Unilorin Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.