Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja (49985 Views)

Wizkid Performs With Angel At Yahoo! Wireless Festival / {VIDEO + DOWNLOAD} Wizkid Performs ‘the Matter’ At Ghana Music Awards / VIDEO: Waje Performs “for A Minute”, “na The Way” & “kolo” Live In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by AntiSerious: 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
legalcode: He's got no talent at all............just normal Lagos/yoruba hypying, same as Davido. I trust my ABJ people, we know what quality is. Give us 2baba and Psquare any day, any time.
Bro, stop hating abeg......all dis broke abj pple sef cheesy can't afford ordinary 5k*broke-asses
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Gabrinoz: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
What age group listens to Wizkid? lets say 16 to 25 and how may of them can afford 4000 or 500,000? His managers should have looked at the age group that listen to his music before pricing the event.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by LBT: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
legalcode: He's got no talent at all............just normal Lagos/yoruba hypying, same as Davido. I trust my ABJ people, we know what quality is. Give us 2baba and Psquare any day, any time.
who buys more records Abuja or Lagos? Lagos any day and the west pay more for intellectual properties not abuja folks that can't differentiate jack from robinson.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by LBT: 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
They don't have talents and they are having shows world wide? Hope its not those indian songs you people listen to that makes you reason the way you do? Most of you in abuja are barely surviving and the gate fee is too much for you people.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by alexvatt(m): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
eduson33: this will paralytically devastate his intensified performance ?

quote me right,the equilibrium immensity charge of his next show will reduce by 70% percent thereby depreciating his market value by 30% which is all together a cumulative bad market..

its such a pathetic experience for a well exclusified individual.
Economist
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by 49cents(m): 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
Djangocode:

"A sign of Bad Omen" WTF.. Yo English is Pretty Bad Bro..

Omen = Bad sign..

Its like saying "It May Be a Sign of Bad Bad Of Sign"..

If Na You be Wizkid, You are the Type That'll sing "20 Man shall fall Last week"..

Gbagaun on top Stage..

Learn some English Bro..

The poser was perfectly correct in his use of grammer......you are the one who GBAGAUNED trying to form grammerian

o·men  (mn)
n.
1. A phenomenon supposed to portend good or evil; a prophetic sign.
2. Prognostication; portent: birds of ill omen.
tr.v. o·mened, o·men·ing, o·mens
To be a prophetic sign of; portend.

Please apologise o
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by toyinjimoh(m): 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
The fees is too much 5000 for wizkid, when r.kelly came to Nigeria how much did we pay
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by alexvatt(m): 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
naijathings: [size=18pt]ha ha ha ha ha *chokes*[/size]

wait...

4,000 to see a kid called wizkid and hear him say what?
so he can sag his jeans and tell me about how 20 man
shall fall away and how all your man shall fall away... and all the gossip about CARO..
then he sings for 40 mins and leaves us with the DJ and sexy ushers, if any..

500,000 table of eight = 62,500 each... does this come with a full body massage and a nice room with a girl to play with for the night ?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i rather take that 4,000 to go see a nice movie and meet some new hot chics
or i call up my guys and make dem drunk and let them hail me..
than to sit and look at my fellow guy when i can listen to him on
my ipod. at least i still spent my money to buy his songs on iTunes
.. i nova try reach?
angry angry
economists plenty for nairaland o.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
[quote author=Booty butt chic] [color=#770077][/color] ogaooo......people hesh 4 abj.....dey know even fit pity am.....wizkid shld have sang 'show me love' grin grin grin[/quote. Mtschew!!!!] Hin tink. Say abj na 4 boiz?abj's 4 mehn wiz KID...u dnt av anytin 2 offer us aπϑ we no fit spend †ђA̶̲̥̅† kain moni cum look u...sowie,go bk 2 lag...
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
rahazaqa: mumu,e got no talent and he is making money!! And u ar busy saying rubbish here!! Do u knw he was not at lost,the organizers were!! slowpoke!!
RIP english!!!what type of grammar is that?"Do you know he was not at lost"this ur english fit make person run mad!!!,and if he was not at loss why will he go to twitter and show his anger?why did he made some reaction to what happened?sit down for there dey talk say him no loose
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by bitingcool: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
eduson33: this will paralytically devastate his intensified performance ?

quote me right,the equilibrium immensity charge of his next show will reduce by 70% percent thereby depreciating his market value by 30% which is all together a cumulative bad market..

Dude got me cracking up badly........ I hail NL

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by bigtt76(f): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Not surprised. ....I said it earlier, Wizkid has lost his mojo. The enthusiasm people had for him when he was with 'gentleman' Banky W has faded. Now he sings trash - sexy mama, Azonto etc all trashy. Check out his first album very classy same wit the videos too. O ma shee o!
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
adaobi123: Imagine 500k for a table undecided does money grow on trees nowadays ?

Sometimes companies pay for such seats and make their top staff attend.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you implying that Asa and Nneka will pull mre crowd than the likes of Flavour, 2face or Psquare? Are we talking popularity or quality of artiste?

Asa will pull more crowd in abuja than Flavour! That's sure.

2face is overrated and people like him for whatever reason. So he will pull crowd as well.
People will come and watch P-square for the dance et al.

I shouldn't have included p-square together with dem iyanya sef....na rush typing cause am. P-square make music as well....if not for their latest nonsense like Alingo and Personally. 2face make music too....not noise.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
Chartey:
If you come comot dem Lugbe, Kubwa, and even Nyanya and all those places, then Abj becomes one big GRA now. Those are the places that make Abj a CITY boy. Or do you think Lagos and the other cities don't hv t.ush(so-called) people in large numbers who'll prefer those musicians you mentioned?

Lugbe et al....are just in the FCT and not in Abuja
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
eaglechild:
U have started saying thrash.
Psquare and 2face will pull more crowd in Abuja than Asa or nneka.
This is Nigeria not Europe.
Get real.

Abuja is not in the moon, it is in Nigeria.

Make dem come na with little/moderate publicity....If their case no go end up like WIZKID.

What you don't know is that; unlike lagos, Abuja people don't really fancy music shows (especially all those jumping around kinda shows). Even Keri hilson come, people no go.

There are other more responsible shows people prefer to attend here..eg Fashion shows, Sports (and i don't mean football), music concerts (And I mean all these soul music, guitarists, etc - that don't involve jumping around, instead...calms you down after a long day), launching of different stuffs (brands, etc), Film festivals etc.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
safarigirl: lol, twas held in Sheraton, dunno if they have one in lugbe. The organisers were tryna pull the legs of the attendees, I think it was that Glo bounce show, he came up once the host got off the stage. Like I said, you're hyping Abuja people too much. Abuja doesn't equal Maitama, Wuse and Asokoro, there are wealthier people in the Lugbe and Kubwa sef that aren't interested in forming like Maitama people that will rent a yeye house for 15 million but can barely afford to eat just so they can form 'I stay in Maitama'
Okay GLO BOUNCE SHOW!

And I'm not hyping anything! Because I say some set of people in Nigeria still prefer good music doesn't mean bragging or hyping or whatever you call it. Must everywhere be bustling like lagos? Can't people listen to good music again?

Abeg abeg...commot foe road make i pass
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by tuktuij: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Was kinda worried for him when i saw the tiny wooden board with his poster at Area 11 traffic light *poor pubicity for an artist of his level.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
speedyboi:

Asa will pull more crowd in abuja than Flavour! That's sure.

2face is overrated and people like him for whatever reason. So he will pull crowd as well.
People will come and watch P-square for the dance et al.

I shouldn't have included p-square together with dem iyanya sef....na rush typing cause am. P-square make music as well....if not for their latest nonsense like Alingo and Personally. 2face make music too....not noise.
Bros, you know this is not true. Even Timaya would pull more crowd than Asa and Nneka combined. The issue is not whether or not aboutwhether or not what the likes of psquare, 2face and Flavour are singing is crap. The point is that these crap music is what's selling in Nigeria at the moment. How many people even know Asa and Nneka not to talk of going for their shows. I've seen shows organized by Asa and it's just an average show full of just VI and Ikoyi people.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by ibkgab001: 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
Are you from Edo State ?
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by orgasticdance: 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
i was in the know that some ex-senator's son would be flying in wizkid and co to perform for him in abuja last saturday. the senator that looted and built one big supermarket like that in wuse. didnt know it would be this big gig at the ICC, thought it was something small for his gf or somtn like that. the guy no need recoup anything. there's more where that's comng from undecided
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
Bros, you know this is not true. Even Timaya would pull more crowd than Asa and Nneka combined. The issue is not whether or not aboutwhether or not what the likes of psquare, 2face and Flavour are singing is crap. The point is that these crap music is what's selling in Nigeria at the moment. How many people even know Asa and Nneka not to talk of going for their shows. I've seen shows organized by Asa and it's just an average show full of just VI and Ikoyi people.

Dude....we are not talking Nigeria here. Stop twisting what I said....Last I checked Wizkid was spraying 100,000 to crowd in Lagos.....Who doesn't know Nigerians prefer mediocrity before?

I am talking what I know! And that is: Asa will pull more crowd in Abuja than Flavour. And most probably more than P-Square and 2face! And that's just what it is! Believe it or not....I don't give a rat's a/ss. seeing is believing!
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
speedyboi:

Dude....we are not talking Nigeria here. Stop twisting what I said....Last I checked Wizkid was spraying 100,000 to crowd in Lagos.....Who doesn't know Nigerians prefer mediocrity before?

I am talking what I know! And that is: [b]Asa will pull more crowd in Abuja than Flavou[/b]r. And most probably more than P-Square and 2face! And that's just what it is! Believe it or not....I don't give a rat's a/ss. seeing is believing!
If we're not talking of Nigeria then where's Abuja located? I don't get.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva:

WIZKID pulls crowd in Nigeria, doesn't he? Yet He was singing to empty chairs in Abuja.
My original post referred solely to Abuja city and not the whole of Nigeria. If your eyes read Nigeria....toor....no be my fault!

this was what I posted....
speedyboi: Who get time for all these yeye musicians for abj.

Bring musicians like timi Dakolo, asa or nneka to any abuja bar and guys are ready to get high on their well composed music....

Even 2face or psquare may not pull crowd in abuja...except they do overpublicity like 'shouting it in our ears'. - even at that, people like me no go still come. Tchew. Oshisko
I don't know what you read!
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Samxiulee: 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
In a city where most of its dwellers are civil servants,you don't have to host a show on Sunday evening.
I can see that most of yall really hate the guyBut to be honest,He is the most consistent hiphop artists,in the last four years,till now.hate him or love him,he is the most popular artist in Nigeria now.....#fact.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Chidonc(m): 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
safarigirl: agreed. PSY and 2chainz would fall under talentless and the likes of Jay-Z and Kendrick Lamar would fall under overrated. Na me talk am
safarigirl: agreed. PSY and 2chainz would fall under talentless and the likes of Jay-Z and Kendrick Lamar would fall under overrated. Na me talk am
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Celepope: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
speedyboi:

I am talking what I know! And that is: Asa will pull more crowd in Abuja than Flavour. And most probably more than P-Square and 2face! And that's just what it is! Believe it or not....I don't give a rat's a/ss. seeing is believing!
Bro on a serious note i will like to join you in smoking that skunk you do smoke.Jokerrrrrr
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 2:11am On Oct 22, 2013
Cele-pope:

Bro on a serious note i will like to join you in smoking that skunk you do smoke.Jokerrrrrr

Abeg go do your agbero work undecided
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by chegx(m): 3:40am On Oct 22, 2013
tribalistic comment over hyped
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by babashomi: 6:23am On Oct 22, 2013
She bi dey we sell ticket b4 D show dey have. No by D sales of the ticket and stop the show.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by safarigirl(f): 8:48am On Oct 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
abeg leave speedy in his state of ignorance. Thank God he's not the only one here that's based in Abuja, else na so he for wash people here. The likes of Flavor and even Wizkid would pull more crowd in Abuja at the right time, even Asa wouldn't have filled up ICC in this period when no one is around(ASUU, Sallah). 88% of Abuja is filled with civil servants who can barely scrape money for a ridiculous rent and even feeding, talk less a concert. Wizkid was just unlucky and the timing was wrong.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by litetias(m): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2013
eduson33: this will paralytically devastate his intensified performance

seriously poor grammar

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ikebe Dance Competition At Phyno Fest Enugu 2017: Watch As Ladies Twerk (Video) / Chaz B Of Rhytm FM Is Dead / Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.