Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja (49960 Views)

Wizkid Performs With Angel At Yahoo! Wireless Festival / {VIDEO + DOWNLOAD} Wizkid Performs ‘the Matter’ At Ghana Music Awards / VIDEO: Waje Performs “for A Minute”, “na The Way” & “kolo” Live In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by 3ace(m): 9:57am On Oct 21, 2013
Chanchit: Why the few people wei come no sit down for front na..? Owkay, e be like say na VIP get front seat.
Lets not forget that Wizkid would have gotten his full payment before performing, thats why he would gladly perform to empty chairs.
I tell bro, even though he must have been paid before showing up, he will be demoralized performing to few people. Apart from poor publicity which I don't think is the case here, the low turnout could mean he's not liked in Abuja. It's saddening to find out that you're not wanted.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 21, 2013
Una no dey see the price for the ticket... N4k stuff......... The least I have paid for any show is N2k cause i don't seem to Gain anything from it apart from spending my ego
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Bearshare(m): 9:57am On Oct 21, 2013
Davido is selling out concerts at O2 ...wizkid is struggling to get attendees inside Abuja

I think Wizzie's recent fallout with his fans on twitter is really telling on his popularity

one word to wizzie "go back to EME...only banky knows how to manage you" undecided

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by safarigirl(f): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva: This is funny as hell. 500k per table? Are you Micheal Jackson? Thank God Nigerians are beginning to see through this scam.
no be 1 million people pay for Koko concert? Those who have 500k to pay for a concert don't want to see Wizkid and a bunch of unknowns. Wizkid isn't enough, if he had the likes of Flavor and Burna to assist, things would've been better. Just those two would've made a world of difference.

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 21, 2013
l0ls...y0u guys needed t0 see the l00k 0n wizkid's face yesterday...g0sh!.
.when m0ney is hidding,b0k0 b0ys b0mbing,ASUU strikin...then,y0u expect me sit d0wn there,and be smiling?..maka why?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by airmark(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2013
Wrong timing.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2013
safarigirl: no be 1 million people pay for Koko concert? Those who have 500k to pay for a concert don't want to see Wizkid and a bunch of unknowns. Wizkid isn't enough, if he had the likes of Flavor and Burna to assist, things would've been better. Just those two would've made a world of difference.
Of course people will pay for quality. Wizkid didn't realize that high school kids can't afford that amount. People who have that much money go out to see more mature artiste like Flavour, Psquare, D'Banj etc.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by CastingCrowns(f): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2013
awww........2 bad well y wouldnt it happen with the sort of auto-tuned beautiful nonsense he sings nowadays..jst go and sleep dear..ur fifteen mins seems to be up.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by nickz(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2013
what song does wizkid have now that would make me want to watch him perform
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by IGBOSON1: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2013
legalcode: He's got no talent at all............just normal Lagos/yoruba hypying, same as Davido. I trust my ABJ people, we know what quality is. Give us 2baba and Psquare any day, any time.

^^^Hehehehe grin grin grin

I've always wondered what all the fuss was about him. undecided He's overrated if you ask me!
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Burger01(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2013
royale442: Pls don't page it to take front.

O o gbadun!!

grin
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by airmark(m): 10:03am On Oct 21, 2013
safarigirl: no be 1 million people pay for Koko concert? Those who have 500k to pay for a concert don't want to see Wizkid and a bunch of unknowns. Wizkid isn't enough, if he had the likes of Flavor and Burna to assist, things would've been better. Just those two would've made a world of difference.

That's the difference btw Dbanj and other nigerian artistes. He is always a crowd-puller.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Tiyazman(m): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2013
naijathings: [size=18pt]ha ha ha ha ha *chokes*[/size]

wait...

4,000 to see a kid called wizkid and hear him say what?
so he can sag his jeans and tell me about how 20 man
shall fall away and how all your man shall fall away... and all the gossip about CARO..
then he sings for 40 mins and leaves us with the DJ and sexy ushers, if any..

500,000 table of eight = 62,500 each... does this come with a full body massage and a nice room with a girl to play with for the night ?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i rather take that 4,000 to go see a nice movie and meet some new hot chics
or i call up my guys and make dem drunk and let them hail me..
than to sit and look at my fellow guy when i can listen to him on
my ipod. at least i still spent my money to buy his songs on iTunes
.. i nova try reach?
angry angry
My guy you just spoke my mind! grin grin grin

#TeamGOM grin

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 21, 2013
500 k for a table and they expect crowd to show up?just because they want to make cash?I think some naija artiste needs to get lessons on music business,now wiz-kid or if any of ur followers is reading this let me deliver the message to u,the message is that the cool way of making cash as an entertainer is that just organize a tour or concert,make it free!!!you can select national stadium as the venue so there will be so much large crowd and even so many people that do not like ur music will still come because its free and they have nothing to loose,now where to make the money on the concert is through endorsement,advert and sponsorship,these companies want to advertise their product and services and tours and concerts that are free will attract large crowd and companies will be willing to pay for the advert and they even feel its cheaper,have u noticed that most times you don't hear that p-square is on a tour or concert and they charge for tickets!!!the money they make from sponsorship and advert from different companies is more than the money they will make if they charge 50k per person for ticket fee,that is music business strategy,try that out and see,think out of the box!!!u think say na beans when you see the likes of lady gaga and co just doing tours and tours and u think they are foolish?

11 Likes

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by bejeria101(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2013
No offence abuja pple are serious minded,if you dont stick to time,if you like bring jay-z u wld have empty seats,iyanyas album launch comes to mind,he strolled in at 11 wen he knws pple go to work the next day,wizard kid no vex e go beta
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by carlos1(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2013
legalcode: He's got no talent at all............just normal Lagos/yoruba hypying, same as Davido. I trust my ABJ people, we know what quality is. Give us 2baba and Psquare any day, any time.

Thats true, those 2 are the best

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 21, 2013
Lol! cheesy
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2013
This is bad market for Wizkid and the organizers

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by deols(f): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2013
The international conference centre is large btw..

It will drown the few people who could spend that kind of money.

anf if we just celebrated eid, ehy on earth would a Muslim for example need to go jumping up.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Gwekzy: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2013
Dis na serious mata O...
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by mariong(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2013
Choi! Wizzy bobo, na u be dis?
The category of people his fans fall under cannot afford to let go of such an amount.

He's really good, all he needs to do is work more on his lyrics so that his songs can appeal to the big boys.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2013
The promoter ignored intensive marketing and paid for it.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by LushGreenz: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2013
safarigirl: niqqa please! There can only be ONE YUZEDO

No mind the Yuzedo-wannabe. We'll axe u out nigga!
Keepin it real for Yuzedo anytime on here. He got fans like no other lol. Try being Redmosquito's minion,perhaps u go sell. lmao

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by janetDurling(f): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2013
Lol........same here......a great achievement indeed!!!
godjohnson: Am so happy for him, this is a really great achievement for the kid *Winks* #wizkid hater
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Tunati(m): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2013
Wizkid was late to the event....So people left because dey are bored of waiting. Itz nt dat itz d end of d world ..just grow up kids
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by WizPrince1(m): 10:16am On Oct 21, 2013
You See? Follow Grown up people and you'll know how to move with life. Small boy of yesterday thinks he can move on his own negleting Mr Welington a.k.a Banky W because he has talent. Had it been Banky W was there, i think there would have been an increase. WIZZY TRY ABEG, I LIKE YOU
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by timpaker(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2013
When the show is not "Night of a Thousand Laugh".
That's the only show that i would spend such money on...
Imagine such show going on in Abuja and only few people knew about it.

#After dem go say "Abuja guys too dey form"
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by RedCard1(m): 10:20am On Oct 21, 2013
adaobi123: Imagine 500k for a table undecided does money grow on tress nowadays ?
can you imagine? Thats what people pay whenever there's a show @Hotel Presidential PH. Artists charge so much money though and that contributes to expensive tickets and tables. The organisers even pay so much money for venue. This isn't good for Wizkid as it will seem his star power has dwindled. Shows are too expensive for everyone to attend.
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Caseless: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2013
Tuntheycr7: Jesus Navas of Ghana !
Abuja pple no de try o...
Wizkid doh
hahahahaha...*falls frm gej's hat*
Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2013
Who get time for all these yeye musicians for abj.

Bring musicians like timi Dakolo, asa or nneka to any abuja bar and guys are ready to get high on their well composed music....

Even 2face or psquare may not pull crowd in abuja...except they do overpublicity like 'shouting it in our ears'. - even at that, people like me no go still come. Tchew. Oshisko

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja by safarigirl(f): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2013
airmark:

That's the difference btw Dbanj and other nigerian artistes. He is always a crowd-puller.
lol my husband wassup now? But remember, that concert was in Lagos. If he had tried that shii in ABJ, no one would've trekked the distance, not as much people would've paid for the concert and they would've sued his skinny ar.s3. Don't phuck with abuja boys, dem no dey dull. Even Keri Hilson's concert was a flop here.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae / Ikebe Dance Competition At Phyno Fest Enugu 2017: Watch As Ladies Twerk (Video) / Chaz B Of Rhytm FM Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.