Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy (31241 Views)

Ladies: Whenever You Catch Your Guy Cheating On U. Do This (PIX) / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~ / Ladies How Do You Control Your Guy In A Situation Of Konji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by 4clique: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
Am sure every girl in a serious relationship can identify with some of the things am about to say here. Usually we meet our guy and fall in love and everything seems perfect. We are in heaven except for one tiny little thing .Initially it is a tiny little thing but that tiny little thing is really not that tiny because it is the only thing that makes our happiness not so complete. Initially we try to ignore it and try to live with it. But with the passage of time it becomes not such a little thing anymore and we cannot ignore it any more –then we begin to attempt to do what we have been told several times never to do in a relationship. We begin to attempt to change him. Take it from me; it is a very harrowing experience. It would leave you exhausted and miserable except you try to get over the fact that you can never cure him of that thing. Am not talking of his ever forgetting to lift the toilet seat to pee or never cleaning up after himself. Here are some specific things in my opinion I think you will have a miserable time trying to cure your guy of.

If he is a football buff, forget it. No way is he going to leave his football for you. It is not possible. Just plan your life around his football fanaticism. Just get used to watching his sports Channels when you would rather be watching something else. Let him have his football and all the things that go with it. He has to watch all the matches of his club side with his friends of course and he expects you to come along. Lord help you if you hate football. Just go along and pray his club side wins each time they play. If he is too into his club you have to learn also to cope with his depression or anger tantrums if his club side doesn’t win.

If he is a beer guzzler you can’t change that easily .My friend simply told me ‘I drink’ right from the very first few conversations I had with him. “Everybody in my family drinks” and he told me clearly “Don’t go there.” I love you but things I can never change for you is- cut my hair or not drink my beer or change my religion so don’t even try. You catch my drift. If you drink beer yourself, the best you can do is agree with him that both of you never go beyond a certain number of bottles or cans at each sitting. Nothing would ever appeal to him more than his cold sweating bottle of beer not even choice wine. Trust me I know.

This might sound rather strange but it is happening. If your guy Still goes frequently to his mom for his meals, to pay many of his bills, to get his laundry done etc then your guy is a mummy’s boy. You are going to have a tough time getting him to leave this comfort zone and grow up. Expect lots of issues because he is going to seek his mother’s approval for everything. He must seek approval from his mom before he even gets to be very serious with you on anything. He dates only women his mum like. He is likely to break with you any time if the relationship between you and his mum change. You can’t come between a man and his mommy no matter how old he is. She will always make him feel guilty if he does something she does not want. He will always want to please his mother.

If he is a couch potato you probably cannot change him. A couch potato is a person who spends much time sitting or lying down usually watching television or reading. In other words a couch potato is a lazy person. He may not want to do anything else after work or during weekends but just lay on the settee and surf channels or chat with his online friends .Getting him to get up to get some certain things done will always be an uphill task. There will always be lots of friction between the two of you from conflict of interest especially if you are choleric and like getting a lot of things done. The best you can do is to join him on some days you have less to do and just stay around doing nothing but eat snacks and watch television as a bribe for him to join you in something else more interesting to you.

A woman said I have been in a relationship for years, with a mama’s boy, couch potato and sports freak wrapped in one. She says “ your guy will always be as you see him now so open your eyes, wake up, he will never change….he can’t change he will only become more of what he is. If you don’t like what you see move on.” I think she has hit the nail on the head.

www.4clique.com/blog

9 Likes

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by eduson33(m): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
can you please summertically summarize this embedded article?

9 Likes

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Naomixy(f): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
If a guy really loves a girl, there should be nothing he can't do for her. And a girl should be able to adjust to make d guy happy. He can't be the only one making sacrifices. Shikena

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
Thank God I have no such problems. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Danhumprey: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
There is a reason why we were taught paragraphing in school. OP,could you do yourself a favor by paragraphing your post? It would make reading less cumbersome. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by snika: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
sexkillz: Thank God I have no such problems. cool
cheesy
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Danjunior(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
Haaaa. U cannot change his.........
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by ITbomb(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
How about a guy leave his gf n start toasting the gf's friend and she accept saying that her friend (the guy's bf) was not good enough for the guy .
Some girls are just fishbrains, they will never learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by oluwadare26(m): 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
yep..u really got it right xpecially on dat football aspect...nobody not only my g.f dis time arnd can stop me or change me 4rm watching my darling Epl team play

1 Like

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by AbuMikey(m): 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2013

You,yes You! Can't change Mikey from 1 3 and 4 embarassed

1 Like

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by yuzedo: 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
I clicked on the thread, first thing i noticed was "Am" rather than "I'm", nna, i just stop to dey read. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
4clique: Am sure every girl in a serious relationship can identify with some of the things am about to say here. Usually we meet our guy and fall in love and everything seems perfect. We are in heaven except for one tiny little thing .Initially it is a tiny little thing but that tiny little thing is really not that tiny because it is the only thing that makes our happiness not so complete. Initially we try to ignore it and try to live with it. But with the passage of time it becomes not such a little thing anymore and we cannot ignore it any more –then we begin to attempt to do what we have been told several times never to do in a relationship. We begin to attempt to change him. Take it from me; it is a very harrowing experience. It would leave you exhausted and miserable except you try to get over the fact that you can never cure him of that thing. Am not talking of his ever forgetting to lift the toilet seat to pee or never cleaning up after himself. Here are some specific things in my opinion I think you will have a miserable time trying to cure your guy of.

If he is a football buff, forget it. No way is he going to leave his football for you. It is not possible. Just plan your life around his football fanaticism. Just get used to watching his sports Channels when you would rather be watching something else. Let him have his football and all the things that go with it. He has to watch all the matches of his club side with his friends of course and he expects you to come along. Lord help you if you hate football. Just go along and pray his club side wins each time they play. If he is too into his club you have to learn also to cope with his depression or anger tantrums if his club side doesn’t win.

If he is a beer guzzler you can’t change that easily .My friend simply told me ‘I drink’ right from the very first few conversations I had with him. “Everybody in my family drinks” and he told me clearly “Don’t go there.” I love you but things I can never change for you is- cut my hair or not drink my beer or change my religion so don’t even try. You catch my drift. If you drink beer yourself, the best you can do is agree with him that both of you never go beyond a certain number of bottles or cans at each sitting. Nothing would ever appeal to him more than his cold sweating bottle of beer not even choice wine. Trust me I know.

This might sound rather strange but it is happening. If your guy Still goes frequently to his mom for his meals, to pay many of his bills, to get his laundry done etc then your guy is a mummy’s boy. You are going to have a tough time getting him to leave this comfort zone and grow up. Expect lots of issues because he is going to seek his mother’s approval for everything. He must seek approval from his mom before he even gets to be very serious with you on anything. He dates only women his mum like. He is likely to break with you any time if the relationship between you and his mum change. You can’t come between a man and his mommy no matter how old he is. She will always make him feel guilty if he does something she does not want. He will always want to please his mother.

If he is a couch potato you probably cannot change him. A couch potato is a person who spends much time sitting or lying down usually watching television or reading. In other words a couch potato is a lazy person. He may not want to do anything else after work or during weekends but just lay on the settee and surf channels or chat with his online friends .Getting him to get up to get some certain things done will always be an uphill task. There will always be lots of friction between the two of you from conflict of interest especially if you are choleric and like getting a lot of things done. The best you can do is to join him on some days you have less to do and just stay around doing nothing but eat snacks and watch television as a bribe for him to join you in something else more interesting to you.

A woman said I have been in a relationship for years, with a mama’s boy, couch potato and sports freak wrapped in one. She says “ your guy will always be as you see him now so open your eyes, wake up, he will never change….he can’t change he will only become more of what he is. If you don’t like what you see move on.” I think she has hit the nail on the head.

www.4clique.com/blog
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by YoshiMaster: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
4clique:

www.4clique.com/blog

Reminds me of the 'Break Up' movie with Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughn.

Jeniffer tells Vince, "I want you to want to do the dishes"

Dudes like "why would I want to do the dishes"

2 Likes

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Afam4eva(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
The football one is the most true. I remember a husband who threw his wife off a 4 storey building because his wife stood in front of the TV preventing him to watch his favorite team play. Any man you cannot change before marriage, don't try to change after marriage or else, you'll have yourself to blame.

3 Likes

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Goziemiguel(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
Oga u de talk rubbish . No 3 is from the movie "think like a man" meanwhile People do change for their loved ones . Shikenah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
My sweetie is just perfect for mecheesy
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Sheenor: 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hahaha......so much love dis article.....it perfectly describe few tins about me!.......just just just LOVE IT
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin .......wagbayi jawe..........@OP. grin
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by jmoore(m): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Football? No way! Please, better get used to it because owning a football club is in my plans.

Beer? I dislike beer, I can't recall drinking beer at any point in my life. I'm good with a malt drink. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by ChemicalMallam(m): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Booked
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva: The football one is the most true. I remember a husband who threw his wife off a 4 storey building because his wife stood in front of the TV preventing him to watch his favorite team play. Any man you cannot change before marriage, don't try to change after marriage or else, you'll have yourself to blame.
Jeez!!!
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Osinachi101(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
If u really luv ur girl u should b able 2 sacrifice 4 her, every tin shldnt be within ur comfort zone. Ha feelins matters to and so also goes for d ladies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
if u are a gal and u hate football.. I will not date u.. Simple!!
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Donmichaelz(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
You for just write d four things Which one come be these?
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by fingard02k(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
she knows
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Iaz93: 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
yuzedo: I clicked on the thread, first thing i noticed was "Am" rather than "I'm", nna, i just stop to dey read. undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Jst Passing By
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
sexkillz: Thank God I have no such problems. cool

U don't like watching football!
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Burger01(m): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
@Op, Please can we have "Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Gal"? ..so I know where my headache lies.

sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Afam4eva(m): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
austushi1:

U don't like watching football!
Don't assume that about every guy.
Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by YoshiMaster: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Afam4eva: The football one is the most true. I remember a husband who threw his wife off a 4 storey building because his wife stood in front of the TV preventing him to watch his favorite team play. Any man you cannot change before marriage, don't try to change after marriage or else, you'll have yourself to blame.

There are some crazy peeps in this world.

I'm sure after he threw his wife off, he must have also thrown his tv outside too, out of frustration of his team loosing, followed by himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by demelza: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
yuzedo: I clicked on the thread, first thing i noticed was "Am" rather than "I'm", nna, i just stop to dey read. undecided
grin Pedantic much?
Its an interesting read.

1 Like

Re: Four Things You Cannot Change In Your Guy by Donmichaelz(m): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
O$inachi101%:
If u really luv ur girl u should b able 2 sacrifice 4 her, every tin shldnt be within ur comfort zone. Ha feelins matters to and so also goes for d ladies
too much mexican film.,if chelsea get match and my wife is being put to bed I go watch d match finish b4 I go d hospital.,

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Tips To Make Your Vagina ‘tight Like A Virgin’, Get Better Orgasms / How To Know You Are A Damn Side Chick...(photo) / 'I Can't Marry A Man That's Not A Virgin, They Possess Evil Spirit' - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.