Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354480 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:35am On Jan 22, 2016
Omike85:
morning. pls I av a Lexus ls400 car with etc pwr light blinking when I accelerate. scanned and showd p0773 shift solenoid e electrical.. changed the solenoid but still d same. what could be wrong?

Did you replace with brand new OEM solenoid or tokunbo solenoid, was the solenoid properly installed and connected or not?
Re: Club-Lexus by Omike85(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
tokunbo
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 4:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
Was it tested? If you can lay hands on genuine new solenoid, get it.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
kingreign:
Was it tested?
If you can lay hands on genuine new solenoid, get it.
I would love to own a Lexus car.... SUV or car which is preferable?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
SmartChoices:

I would love to own a Lexus car.... SUV or car which is preferable?

All brands of lexus are preferable, depends on what you want in a car/suv. They're quiet, reliable, fast and comfortable.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 23, 2016
kingreign:

All brands of lexus are preferable, depends on what you want in a car/suv. They're quiet, reliable, fast and comfortable.
Don't like your Rx..... Something that would not make me a buddy to the Mech..... Not break my pockets for maintenance and carries a family.... Not interested in speed
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:15am On Jan 23, 2016
SmartChoices:

Don't like your Rx..... Something that would not make me a buddy to the Mech..... Not break my pockets for maintenance and carries a family.... Not interested in speed

never said you should like my rx. Well, all clean titled well maintained lex rarely visit mechanics. Go ask around.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 23, 2016
kingreign:

never said you should like my rx. Well, all clean titled well maintained lex rarely visit mechanics. Go ask around.
Hmm not personal bro....
Re: Club-Lexus by freeman67: 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hello all,
A friend just got Lexus RX 330 2007 and need your help on how to get Nigeria Map Navigation on its navigator.
Please for those that have it how did you get it please?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:37am On Jan 24, 2016
freeman67:
Hello all,
A friend just got Lexus RX 330 2007 and need your help on how to get Nigeria Map Navigation on its navigator.
Please for those that have it how did you get it please?

you cant get nigerian map for lexus oem navigation system. That aside, RX330 started 04-06, 07-date is RX350
Re: Club-Lexus by freeman67: 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
kingreign:

you cant get nigerian map for lexus oem navigation system. That aside, RX330 started 04-06, 07-date is RX350
Oga kingreign thanks for your reply. He actually told it was 06/07 but now I have learnt something new. I will let him know about the map so he won't go and waste money. I appreciate..
Re: Club-Lexus by Coolcash1: 3:02am On Jan 26, 2016
Hello house, I am about ordering for Lexus RX350 2010 model. Is it a good car? What are the peculiar problems of the car.
Re: Club-Lexus by krisrock(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2016
Coolcash1:
Hello house, I am about ordering for Lexus RX350 2010 model. Is it a good car? What are the peculiar problems of the car.
My brother has the same car in question and so far he has not had any issue whatsoever with the car except doing his normal servicing as at when due and maybe normal lagos bashing repairs. I guess it all depends on the condition of the car when you get it (how clean it is) and its history as well as what kind of roads you would be using it on (more of tarred road or more of pot-hole ridden roads) and of course bad road will also mean swimming water during the rainy season. These I think are the major things that kills cars. But I must say the car is awesome.
Re: Club-Lexus by Coolcash1: 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
krisrock:

My brother has the same car in question and so far he has not had any issue whatsoever with the car except doing his normal servicing as at when due and maybe normal lagos bashing repairs. I guess it all depends on the condition of the car when you get it (how clean it is) and its history as well as what kind of roads you would be using it on (more of tarred road or more of pot-hole ridden roads) and of course bad road will also mean swimming water during the rainy season. These I think are the major things that kills cars. But I must say the car is awesome.

Thanks a lot bro. More contribution is still welcome.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dalladalla: 10:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
kakameks:

I think the RX 300 (99-03) has a 4-speed automatic gearbox with a 3000cc engine
the RX 330 (04 -06) and RX 350 ( 07 -09) has a 5-speed automatic gearbox with a 3300cc and 3500cc engine respectively
RX 350 (REDESIGNED 2010 to date)has a 6-speed automatic gear box with a 3500cc engine.

So your car is actually on point by stopping at 4th gear, except that your not getting to the required speed for the selected gear then you can worry about your gear.

If you feel there is still a problem, give more detail like on the 4th gear what is the max speed you get and at what RPM?

Besides if you can get to 130-140 km/h at the 4th gear, why on earth will you need a fifth gear? Na race you dey race?
and before you start looking down on your car because it has only "4 gears" note that the finial (highest) gear ratio for most URBAN cars are roughly the same, the reason why some cars has more gears is
1. To provide a smooth and seamless gear change (most cases you would not notice the gear change esp. those with double clutch)
2. To improve fuel economy by keeping your RPM as low as possible between gear change. (some cars don't go above 1500rpm before gear change for lower gears ratios 1, 2 and 3 gears)
Re: Club-Lexus by Dalladalla: 10:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hi kekemeks how do I get the GTA car kits in Nigeria pls hills @ me on 08036691599
Re: Club-Lexus by Dalladalla: 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kekemeks how are you pls am still waiting for the GTA car kit info
Re: Club-Lexus by JinaduJosefu(m): 7:52am On Feb 14, 2016
Hi house,
I drive an RX300, it was recently burgled- side mirror broken, window controllers and roof luggage rack all gone - my questions are these;
1. I was puzzled that the in built alarm did not go off as they broke into d car. I had tested it in d past when I opened d door without d key while d windows were down and off went d alarm. Was there a way it was disabled or I what could have happened?
2. I got d window buttons replaced but I noticed that anytime I opened d passenger door with d key, d alarm is triggered once I pull d door opened. What could be wrong pls?

. @gazzuzz.
. @siena
. @kashif
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 7:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dalladalla:
Kekemeks how are you pls am still waiting for the GTA car kit info

Sorry for the late reply. I got from the US directly or just go through eBay or amazon.

However, you need to be sure your car is compatible with it. Like in my case (2004 lexus RX330 with factory navigation) the kit was not fully compatible cos the air con controls are operated from the navigation screen. When I installed it, it worked but I lost control of my air con controls. And if the air con comes up the car kit won't work.

I emailed the GTA guys on this issue and requested for a detailed electrical schematic diagram of the lexus radio and navigation layout. They however responded and apologized about the issue but stated that the kit do not work with that model with factory navigation. Don't know about other years though. By the way they offered a refund, I however decline and opted to keep the kit.

If your car has factory navigation with inbuilt climate control, forget about the GTA kit. What I use is a modified tape player that you connect with your phone and I receive and make calls through the car speakers and play my favourite jazz on the go.

The modified magnetic tape cassette with cable to plug into your phone cost around N1k and the production is excellent.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Club-Lexus by Justin28: 11:29am On Feb 16, 2016
@dalladalla, you can try this GB01 car kit. Am using it to connect my phones Bluetooth to the car fm radio and the audio quality is superb.

I bought it from Aliexpress.

New Hot Handsfree Bluetooth Car Kit GB01 with FM Transmitter for listenning to Music and Answering Calls

http://s.aliexpress.com/fqaErueE
(from AliExpress Android)

Re: Club-Lexus by seyiaderinto(m): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
Is there any WhatsApp chat for this forum
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
seyiaderinto:
Is there any WhatsApp chat for this forum

No, but I am creating one now.

Let's chat via this number 07034581213.

Re: Club-Lexus by obitryce(m): 9:52am On Feb 20, 2016
Please is there a whatsApp group for lexus owners?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
obitryce:
Please is there a whatsApp group for lexus owners?

Yes, this is the number 07034581213
Re: Club-Lexus by obitryce(m): 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
please kindly add me up 08038757343 thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by osv4real: 10:06am On Feb 21, 2016
Pls house, where can i get original brake disc in lagos? Am really in need of brake disc for my lexus rx330 asap. am tired of getting the fake ones.

Pls kindly add me to the lexus group on whatsapp. my number is 08038291753.

Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:23am On Feb 21, 2016
osv4real:
Pls house, where can i get original brake disc in lagos? Am really in need of brake disc for my lexus rx330 asap. am tired of getting the fake ones.

Pls kindly add me to the lexus group on whatsapp. my number is 08038291753.

Thanks.

Added smiley
Re: Club-Lexus by rockiedink(m): 11:05am On Feb 21, 2016
kingreign:

Added smiley

Broda, add me join that group - 08055904480

I don't own a Lexus...yet!

But I got my eye on the RX330...such a sexy car...it makes me all giddy inside...

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by opeolukoya: 11:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
Hello house pls I want to seek advise I recently saw a lexus ES 330 Car sellin for 1.7m what do u think abt d car and price thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by fockingb2k: 1:19am On Feb 24, 2016
Please house i have lezux RX300 and it only drive front it dose not inter reverse again please how much is the price if the gearbox urgent please thank you if any one can tell me am in Port Harcourt.
Re: Club-Lexus by Waladade4luv(m): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2016
kingreign:

Added smiley

Bros I dey here too oh

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by obitryce(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2016
Have your car scanned first before concluding that the gear has to be changed or you could contact chuks at woji for repairs. Na Oga Gazzuz Man

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.