Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines (18468 Views)

Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH / Off-loading The Presidential Fleet / FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet (2) (3) (4)

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 23, 2013
Shame on all you GEJ haters, ye shall continue with your rants till 2019.
Mmttcheww

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Desric(m): 9:47am On Oct 23, 2013
njokusboy: Lolzz, oya anti jonathan make una come... Come and tell us whether this fleet has not always been lyk dat.. Tell us it was jonathan dat bought all of dem.. Tell us why u just realised this during the jonathan regime...

He didn't buy all, but he's transformed the fleet by adding more to it and even changing the ones he termed outdated. Why not sell some of those wasteful toys and only keep the ones the Presidency needs at least to cut cost and save our scarce resources. Corruption war is never won by mere rhetorics rather by action and as we all know that a good leader must lead by examples....

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by IleIfe2(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2013
Why would i take this guy seriously when he says "Manage" or "bear with us" ,"Government wants to safe money" etc

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by agitator: 9:48am On Oct 23, 2013
In short lets take the aircrafts and distribute to chachangi, MedView, FirstNation and IRS. Even distribution. cool cool cool
No cheating, this cheating must stop henceforth. wink wink wink wink
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by kshow1(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2013
Please when will this country split so I can stop to hear/read about these wasteful spendings from our folish politicians
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by diarra94(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2013
njokusboy: Lolzz, oya anti jonathan make una come... Come and tell us whether this fleet has not always been lyk dat.. Tell us it was jonathan dat bought all of dem.. Tell us why u just realised this during the jonathan regime...

mumu, why was he elected?...... To put things in order. Any human being in his right conciousness knows that for a developing country like nigeria, 10 aircrafts in the presidential fleet is bogus.

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by eluquenson(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2013
GEJ is simply an element of ETT, he can never understand what he's doing neither will he feel empathy for the cry of the masses.
God will judge
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Youceemeri: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2013
Please I Need Sport Betting Software i want to open sport betting center
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by crackhaus: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2013
Everything involving the Nigerian Federal Government now has an office associated with it, so it's really no surprise that the PAF is also an Air Office with at least 100 personnel on the pay-roll.

#OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENTIAL AIR-FLEET#
I hope they assign a Minister to it as well.

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by blacksta(m): 9:55am On Oct 23, 2013
This why Nigeria is definitely on the wrong track. The Head is so rotten, which other Presidents in the world has 10 or more Aircrafts available for personal use.

One day sha - money go finish as this kind of excessive profligacy cant be sustained.

Abeg Stella carry on stealing - Your boss engages in worse actions daily.

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Ess: 9:56am On Oct 23, 2013
This country is finished. I don't care whether they were bought during GEJ or any other regime. The fact that this govt is delightfully keeping them at the cost of the nation's purse is a scary feat which any concerned citizen should frown at, except for the mischief makers who feed fat to protect the corruption of the presidency.
One day they shall account for their wastage and how they ruled this country where bribery and corruption will not be the order of the day!

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by andymofia(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2013
so what? angry
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
Everytin una go complain ...anyway i blame mtn for giving out free mb undecided
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Gbawe: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
eluquenson: GEJ is simply an element of ETT, he can never understand what he's doing neither will he feel empathy for the cry of the masses.
God will judge

Indeed. Another highly condemnable aspect of this wasteful PAF obscenity under the current government is the reality that GEJ, shortly after becoming President and when many more pressing matters called for urgent attention, used $151 million to purchase three planes to needlessly and profligately augment the fleet he met on ground from 7 to 10. Those sort of actions show pragmatic Nigerians, not into clannishness and/or self-deceit, that this man is not change in any form at all. He is more of the same and worse.

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by ghettodreamz(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2013
kshow1: Please when will this country split so I can stop to hear/read about these wasteful spendings from our folish politicians

Very soon.
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Adex097: 10:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Nigeria is a developing country but our so called leader's cost of living is higher than that of a developed country...

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by ghettodreamz(m): 10:03am On Oct 23, 2013
Jonathan .... OLE
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2013
diarra94: mumu, why was he elected?...... To put things in order. Any human being in his right conciousness knows that for a developing country like nigeria, 10 aircrafts in the presidential fleet is bogus.

Goat, didn't u read where it was said dat the new ones were purchased in 2010 Has jonathan been elected in 2010.. If u want to criticise, why not do it with some sense..
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Prestonvic(m): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2013
You mean the PAF is valued at only N60.53b? Why is ASUU rejecting N140bilion? Hmmm...
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by dridowu: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2013
They should sell some and use the money as part of ASUU agreement
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by luckynzo(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Choi! See waste. How long can we sustain this? When critical sectors of the economy are suffering? Choi!
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by diarra94(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2013
njokusboy:

Goat, didn't u read where it was said dat the new ones were purchased in 2010 Has jonathan been elected in 2010.. If u want to criticise, why not do it with some sense..
so because he didnt purchase it he cant reduce the number considerately. with pple like you in existence, no hope for nigeria.

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Prestonvic(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2013
dridowu: They should sell some and use the money as part of ASUU agreement

Even if they sell all the aircraft it can‘t meet ASUU demand.
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by splashbaby(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2013
Deduction:
1. Nigeria Govt is too expensive
2. Who approved all the purchase and for what reason?
3. Our leaders and followers have no conscience
4. Our worst citizens are ruling us
5. Still we will do nothing
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by eaglechild: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2013
I am not condoning waste,
but come on guys,
is it these clownish one plane companies we are referring to.
The likes of as........., med......,etc.
Let's be realistic these companies are basically private fleets.
It is just like saying the presidential motorcade is larger than Lola motor company, I mean why not.

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Funpeter: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2013

Am not anti jona but must he do as the former did? Why cant he reduce d numbers of fleet? If truly he want to crack down corruption it must begins with him, That's how great leaders do.
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by UyiIredia(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Gbawe: Nauseating really. It is the same PAF that some posters were celebrating lately on Nairaland. I understand the whole 'boys and their toys' thingy but I do not understand how any Nigerian who is not a politician can look at the issue of the PAF with anything but disgust. The PAF is the embodiment of the crude greed and 'throwback' inconsideration ruining Nigeria.

Profoundly so. The comments of some Igbos I find silly. What is being condemned is the obvious corruption under Stella's watch. Akintolu has also gotten considerable flak too from people of his tribe and yet I must see people supporting her because of an airport and yet-to-be-prvoven conspiracy for her good work. Good work or not this action as can be seen at least deserves a suspension till she proves her case. Luckily for our vacuous friends I'm only too sure in a country where $16 billion on power under OBJ and over #1.2 trillion on subsidies were looted and justice swept aside, Stella will go free. If she doesn't goodluck to badluck.

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Bpriest(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Patience Jonathan and her son can't fit in one airplane, so my people b kind and try to understand the situation. grin grin

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by jojoki: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2013

I knew you will mention that some were inherited by Bros Jona while he also bought some. My question is that can't He sell some of them and use the money for a better purposes. Remember what Malawian President did she sold off the only presidential jet and even cut off part her salary. Why are we soo wasteful people especially our LEADERS. With our black skin do we also have a black brain? Common sense should tell the president that this life is vanity and reduce the PAF.

We are just a laughing matter to these Oyinbos. Rubbish!

Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by Gbenge77(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2013
GEJ has failed in monumental proportions.
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by UyiIredia(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Gbawe: Nauseating really. It is the same PAF that some posters were celebrating lately on Nairaland. I understand the whole 'boys and their toys' thingy but I do not understand how any Nigerian who is not a politician can look at the issue of the PAF with anything but disgust. The PAF is the embodiment of the crude greed and 'throwback' inconsideration ruining Nigeria.

Profoundly so. The comments of some Igbos I find silly. What is being condemned is the obvious corruption under Stella's watch. Akintolu has also gotten considerable flak too from people of his tribe and yet I must see people supporting her because of an airport and yet-to-be-prvoven conspiracy for her good work. Good work or not this action as can be seen at least deserves a suspension till she proves her case. Luckily for our vacuous friends I'm only too sure in a country where $16 billion on power under OBJ and over #1.2 trillion on subsidies were looted and justice swept aside, Stella & Fola will go free. If she doesn't goodluck to badluck.
Re: Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines by akereconfi: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2013
HOW MANY TIMES UNA GO TELL US.....................You guys just keep on digging same old fact over and over and over.........................mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ali Modu-Sherrif Chilling With Gabriel Suswam After Emerging The PDP Chairman / Nigeria Bleeds As Pipeline Bombings, Vandalism Wreaks Economy / Kidnapper Confesses To Staging His Mother-In-Law's Kidnap Among Others (Photos)