Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi (929 Views)

I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari / Gov Amaechi Like Taking Risk...(photos) / Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by Gentlesoul1(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2013
Rivers state governor, Rotimi Amaechi,
has said that Nigerians cannot fight
corruption because they are plagued
by hunger. He said lack had made
Nigerians docile and unable to
challenge political leaders concerning
their ill gotten wealth.
The Governor made the
statements Tuesday at the Port
Harcourt Book Festival held at the
Presidential Hotel.
Amaechi said, “Our budget last year
was N4 trillion. People are buying
private aircraft, just to go to Abuja.
What is our response to that? How
have we been responding to the attitude of the
current politicians?
“In the midst of poverty, public officials are building
mansions for themselves with impunity, without
anybody asking them questions, especially about
their salaries. This is a country where somebody wins
election, two months after his inauguration; he
comes to church for thanksgiving with a car key and
God is watching.
“Nigeria’s followership is also the problem. The
political crisis in Rivers state is about some
individuals who have retired from politics and those
who are about to retire, they are afraid that the way
we are going, if they do not grab power, hunger will
set in for them.
“I said to them, they are graduates. Chibudom
Nwuche (former Deputy Speaker of the House of
Representatives, who hails from Ahoada East LGA of
Rivers State) is a lawyer. Why is he not practising?
Let him tell us what case he has won. The only thing
they want to win is government. I have done my own,
I have provided service and I am going.
“Nwuche is from a rich background. Let him go and
build on his father’s wealth and leave government’s
funds. Let somebody who is the governor use the
money to govern. Rivers people need to rise and say
to ourselves, no more godfather. Let the governor be
allowed to govern in the state and take decisions. I make mistakes. I do not allow the mistakes to weigh
me down and I will move on.
“We have people who have served as deputy speaker
and they do not want to go home. Lawyers should go
and practise. Let them come. I will tell them how
much they have stolen and let them show me the
ones I have stolen.
“Creative economy will be an economy that
challenges the people. They stole your money. The
followership should be able to rise. In Nigeria, it is a
different case. When Nigerians overcome hunger,
then they will be able to see.”
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2013
Tell me how they will fight the hunger when there re no jobs to facilitate the funds to do that?

When there re bad or no roads in the rural areas to transport foods to the urban markets.

When there re no access to funds by the farmers for mechanized agriculture?

Abeg go sit down.
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by NosaHenry(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2013
My comment would have been insultive, but no source
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by ilaugh1: 8:50am On Oct 23, 2013
REALLY? So all hungry people are corrupt. Nonsense.
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by ojubi(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2013
Clearly Ameachi is Mad. He speaks from both sides of his mouth.
The same thanks giving he went to do in JOHNSON SULEIMAN'S church? And he is criticising?
Although they say absolute power corrupt, but in Ameachi's case, absolute power makes him mad.
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by wola44: 11:08am On Oct 23, 2013
source
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by oasis01(m): 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
ok
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by 0Willywilly0: 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Amechi don turn Mad, he should stop following Yoruba people, the Marijuana Ekiti State governor gave him is causing mental problem for him
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by Iykopee(m): 12:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
amaechi is my state governor, and the young man has been doin well to reposition rivers state and rivers people though, he neva had it right fighting mr president.

A fight u cant win, do not venture into it.
The rest of the issues he raised r petty.
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
Amaechi please shut up!

Corruption you say?
We have not forgotten the "Ghana must go bags", the Abuja hotel room and Odili's presidential primaries.

As for hunger, solution is in planting of crops!
Do you know what is farming??
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by sCun: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
Just 2 weeks back, the personal assistant to Amaechi's Chief of staff launched his hotel, worth above N200 million here in Port Harcourt, how did he get that money? If a mere P.A. to the Chief of Staff has N200 million to invest in a hotel, imagine how much he must have looted in total. Then imagine what the chief of staff his boss must have looted, then imagine what the commisioners must have looted, then imagine what Amaechi their overal boss has looted so far.
Re: ‘nigerians Must Overcome Hunger Before Fighting Corruption’ – Gov Amaechi by pet7: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
d truth shall set u free

(1) (Reply)

Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al / Who Did Vote For? / The Femi Fani Kayode Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.