Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better (24926 Views)

World Powerful Country That Is Capable Of Fighting World War / Ethnic Cleansing In The Name Of Fighting Corruption / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 9:28am On Mar 13, 2015
Buhari promised to kill corruption if elected!

http://leadership.ng/news/417280/ill-kill-corruption-in-nigeria-buhari

But here is my personal submission.....

buhari can never kill corruption!!!

he couldn't kill corruption when he had absolute power as military dictator,
but think he can do it now as a constitutional president, what a joke!!!

first, buhari do not know how to fight corruption! supposing he did know, Nigeria would have been corrupt free by now, because buhari was once a head of state!

secondly, l prefer Gej's way of fighting corruption to that of buhari!

buhari believes in fighting corruption by jailing people with little or no care on the root cause!

while Gej on the other hand believes in building corrupt free system that can last even when he is no longer there!!

but unfortunately most Nigerians prefer action with no result,

for instant, do you know how many people buhari would have sent to jail because of fertilizer scam without solving the problem itself!
but Gej came in change the corrupt system that have been there for years even to the time of buhari,
But now it is impossible for corrupt people to operate with the new system without making too much noise about it.

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Agbawotosabi(m): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2015
Hm...
In a country where stealin' is nt corruptn
angry angry

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2015
Agbawotosabi:
Hm...
In a country where stealin' is nt corruptn
angry angry

spare us that chant!!!
you should have come up with something New by now!

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by bokohalal(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2015
GEJ does not fight corruption.

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by dotfam2104(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2015
I think we need to be sincere wiv ourselves. Corruption is being handled wiv kids glove in dz present administration nd we all knw it. I bliv we need a leader dah hz a firm anti-corruption stand. A situation whereby anti corruption institutions nw run afta yahoo boys is height of inefficiency. Dz institutions need to be strenghtened. I bliv corrupt govt officials shld be prosecuted, pple who enrich themselves wiv public funds shld face d consequence.

118 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by medamillion(m): 9:59am On Mar 13, 2015
GEJ himself is corruption

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by WisdomFlakes: 10:03am On Mar 13, 2015
GEJ's system of fighting corruption is... eh... NON-EXISTENT! How can you fight corruption when you refuse to admit it exists and even struggle to define what corruption means?? Remember "Corruption is not Stealing"?

Jonathan is corruption personified.

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2015
Buhari has already declared amnesty for the corrupt because he can not possibly arrest Amaechi and Tinubu

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by josnig1980(f): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2015
ndi ara grin

1 Like

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by kasheemawo(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2015
xrisdon:
Buhari promised to kill corruption if elected!
http://leadership.ng/news/417280/ill-kill-corruption-in-nigeria-buhari
But here is my personal submission.....
buhari can never kill corruption!!!
he couldn't kill corruption when he had absolute power as military dictator,
but think he can do it now as a constitutional president, what a joke!!!
first, buhari do not know how to fight corruption! supposing he did know, Nigeria would have been corrupt free by now, because buhari was once a head of state!
secondly, l prefer Gej's way of fighting corruption to that of buhari!
buhari believes in fighting corruption by jailing people with little or no care on the root cause!
while Gej on the other hand believes in building corrupt free system that can last even when he is no longer there!!
but unfortunately most Nigerians prefer action with no result,
for instant, do you know how many people buhari would have sent to jail because of fertilizer scam without solving the problem itself!
but Gej came in change the corrupt system that have been there for years even to the time of buhari,
But now it is impossible for corrupt people to operate with the new system without making too much noise about it.
ewu

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by WisdomFlakes: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari has already declared amnesty for the corrupt because he can not possibly arrest Amaechi and Tinubu

Buhari's not yet in office, remember? How about Jonathan, our sitting President, do something about that and other cases of corruption? Lemme guess.. coz the software designers/developers are not yet done programming his I.T-based solution to tackling the menace of corruption. cheesy

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2015
It means that you don't know what fighting corruption is all about, its not by making noise its by building strong institution that prevents corruption, just as Gej is doing

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 10:17am On Mar 13, 2015
kasheemawo:
ewu

why the insult

7 Likes

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by kasheemawo(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2015
xrisdon:

why the insult
because u posted nonsense

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 11:03am On Mar 13, 2015
kasheemawo:
because u posted nonsense

then you can point out the nonsense in the post rather than resorting to insult

13 Likes

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2015
mikeansy:

that the simple truth!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by noordean(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2015
xrisdon:

spare us that chant!!!
you should have come up with something New by now!
Something new like "how much did jim nwobodo stole" ?
i dont know u guyz' problem, u wont jst stop deceiving urselves!

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2015
noordean:
Something new like "how much did jim nwobodo stole" ?
i dont know u guyz' problem, u wont jst stop deceiving urselves!

Jim Nwobodo stole nothing compare to father of all corruption Sani Abacha! yet,

Abacha is not corrupt........ Gmb

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Boss13: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2015
This is one of the dumbest post I have ever read.

Prosecuting corrupt persons is the last stage of fighting corruption. Where they are weak controls or the ineptitude of leaders to curb corruption, corruption will grow.

You first start fighting corruption through an anti-corruption bill. This sets the tone on how corruption will be tackled. The UK has about 4 Acts on Bribery and Corruption, including Acts of Terrorism and this is reviewed regularly.

Next, you check the controls in place to curb corruption, waste and theft. Now this is where Jonathan and his dumb aides are screaming (laughs). These controls (Physical or IT related) will ensure that it is difficult to engage in corrupt practices. Examples includes centralisation of payments (like the IIPS put in place by NOI), Proper authorisation of payments, good audit trails of transactions etc. These controls must be reviewed for weaknesses and strengthened at all times.

Now, because we have hardened criminals in this country, controls might not curb corruption. This is where prosecuting agencies like the EFCC and ICPC comes into play. However, these prosecuting agencies cannot prosecute or arrest persons who have engaged in corruption if they are not reported. Hence, there is the need for whistle blowing agency on corruption, where anonymous persons can whistle blow of suspected corrupt practices or alleged corrupt practices. Likewise, the office of auditor general of the federation, if they are very efficient should be able to spot corrupt transactions and report to the prosecuting offices.

Also, corruption does not end with Public offices alone. It is even more perpetrated in private organisations. Now, it should be mandatory that every organisation train their employee on anti-corruption practices and send training reports and attendance on an annual basis. Whistle blowing can also work for private organisations too. Directors or CEOs would gets involved with corruption should be blacklisted amid prison time and should never hold such position nor get involved with corporate governance. The same should be application to public officer holders too.

That is free consultancy and that is how you fight corruption.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Boss13:
This is one of the dumbest post I have ever read.

Prosecuting corrupt persons is the last stage of fighting corruption. Where they are weak controls or the ineptitude of leaders to curb corruption, corruption will grow.

You first start fighting corruption through an anti-corruption bill. This sets the tone on how corruption will be tackled. The UK has about 4 Acts on Bribery and Corruption, including Acts of Terrorism and this is reviewed regularly.

Next, you check the controls in place to curb corruption, waste and theft. Now this is where Jonathan and his dumb aides are screaming (laughs). These controls (Physical or IT related) will ensure that it is difficult to engage in corrupt practices. Examples includes centralisation of payments (like the IIPS put in place by NOI), Proper authorisation of payments, good audit trails of transactions etc. These controls must be reviewed for weaknesses and strengthened at all times.

Now, because we have hardened criminals in this country, controls might not curb corruption. This is where prosecuting agencies like the EFCC and ICPC comes into play. However, these prosecuting agencies cannot prosecute or arrest persons who have engaged in corruption if they are not reported. Hence, there is the need for whistle blowing agency on corruption, where anonymous persons can whistle blow of suspected corrupt practices or alleged corrupt practices. Likewise, the office of auditor general of the federation, if they are very efficient should be able to spot corrupt transactions and report to the prosecuting offices.

Also, corruption does not end with Public offices alone. It is even more perpetrated in private organisations. Now, it should be mandatory that every organisation train their employee on anti-corruption practices and send training reports and attendance on an annual basis. Whistle blowing can also work for private organisations too. Directors or CEOs would gets involved with corruption should be blacklisted amid prison time and should never hold such position nor get involved with corporate governance. The same should be application to public officer holders too.

That is free consultancy and that is how you fight corruption.

while making a point you don't start with insult, that will send a wrong signal, and will rubbish every thing no matter how good your point is!
I will ignore your first paragraph.

now your second paragraph said it all!

"Prosecuting corrupt persons is the last stage of fighting corruption."

thats what our president is currently doing!
taking it step by step, stage by stage before arriving to the last stage as you pointed out.

but for some people their knowledge on how to fight corruption starts and ends with the last stage! just by jailing people without finding the lasting solution to it.

16 Likes

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by vanndubi: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
@ OP, are u referring to goat/ yam system. Have u considered when separate the goat and the yam, another goat can go from behind and eat the yam?

The question is: what is the penalty for stealing govt's money?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Boss13: 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
xrisdon:

while making a point you don't start with insult, that will send a wrong signal, and will rubbish every thing no matter how good your point is!
I will ignore your first paragraph.

now your second paragraph said it all!

"Prosecuting corrupt persons is the last stage of fighting corruption."

thats what our president is currently doing!
taking it step by step, stage by stage before arriving to the last stage as you pointed out.

but for some people their knowledge on how to fight corruption starts and ends with the last stage! just by jailing people without finding the lasting solution to it.

I did not insult you but considered the post to be dumb. Even this comment you just made. You do not assume on the premise of statements. We are in a democracy and in a democracy we are guided by the constitution (the highest law in the country). You cannot arrest people without any iota of suspicion. It is left on the onus of the alleged corrupt person to prove that he did not partake in any corrupt activity. Though, it is assume that corrupt persons are innocent until proven guilty.

From your post, I will presume that many of us do not understand how corruption is being fought. Some based their indices on conviction rate; others on the factors that create incentives for corrupt practices. Me, I will based mine on the leadership tone set above, because that is what drives and encompasses the urge to curb corruption.

Statements made by the President on corruption are not encouraging and hence, I tend to score his administration poor on the fight against corruption.

Aside that, if we take conviction rate as an indices you will find out that the EFCC is doing little or nothing and hence, the perception index is high (internally and externally).

System controls - The president has said he does not intend to lock up people in jail for corruption but to fight corruption with system. On a honest note, I like this approach because there is also considerable cost savings from prosecuting corrupt offenders (this cost includes; logistics, paper filing, court prosecution, lawyers fees, the use of experts and their fees (forensic auditing); and other miscellaneous cost attached for just one conviction). As revealed, it cost the Britons a huge estimate of money to convict Ibori (I have forgotten the actual figure). So this approach saves cost.

However, system controls can be overridden, especially but those who implemented it (for example, minister of finance, CBN, the president himself, other important aides e.t.c). Also, there may be one or more persons, with knowledge of the system, to collude and circumvent the operative effectiveness of the control system. Finally, system controls may fail.

So like I said previously, an effective fight against corruption, which our eminent president, isn't doing includes and is not just limited to system controls as recommended by the president -

- High leadership integrity and commitment on the fight on corruption
- Effective Anti-corruption Act
- Efficient and effective anti-corruption system controls
- Whistle blowing programs and procedures
- Effective law enforcement agencies to act as a deterrent
- Blacklisting and incarcerating corrupt offenders; by maintaining a good comprehensive list of corrupt offenders and circularizing them regularly.

Even with the above, there will still be droplets of corruption, however, the overall perception and actual corrupt practices will reduce drastically because the risk engaging in corruption will be outrageously higher than the benefit.

Now based on the above, can you honestly admit that President Jonathan is fighting corruption? I intentionally left out the bad attributes of corruption in order not to make my response verbose and also note that I did not insult your person.

Another free consultancy.

Have a great day

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
vanndubi:
@ OP, are u referring to goat/ yam system. Have u considered when separate the goat and the yam, another goat can go from behind and eat the yam?

The question is: what is the penalty for stealing govt's money?

I agree with you especially on this......
"what is the penalty for stealing govt's money?"
but again, thats where our law makers comes in,
they should enact laws base on that regard.

1 Like

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Buhari's not yet in office, remember? How about Jonathan, our sitting President, do something about that and other cases of corruption? Lemme guess.. coz the software designers/developers are not yet done programming his I.T-based solution to tackling the menace of corruption. cheesy

cool

2 Likes

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
In the words of Chidoka, the best way to fight corruption is to bring daylight to government activity

The FOI bill championed by this government does that

It is now up to the various institution to do their jobs

We have tried the Buhari way before and it has failed woefully

4 Likes

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by xrisdon(m): 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
mikeansy:
In the words of Chidoka, the best way to fight corruption is to bring daylight to government activity

The FOI bill championed by this government does that

It is now up to the various institution to do their jobs

We have tried the Buhari way before and it has failed woefully

exactly my thought!
yet some people want to drag us backward,
funny thing is that, to fight corruption is the only thing they champions, as if after locking people in prison Nigerian's problem will automatically be over.

6 Likes

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by jessymore70: 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
Buhari cannot stop corruption rather he will add more corruption. Are u guys blind? Someone that said if he loose, he is going to make GEJ uncomfortable. GEJ is 100percent better than buhari, GEJ is not lousy man, he is a calm and peaceful man. Let's come together and support for peace.

2 Likes

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by jessymore70: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
If u are an intelligent leader, u will understand GEJ. Go and knw law before u judge anyone. as far as am concern, GEJ is one of the best president we have in this country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by babadee1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
xrisdon:
It means that you don't know what fighting corruption is all about, its not by making noise its by building strong institution that prevents corruption, just as Gej is doing

Which strong institution exactly is GEJ building? Please name them let us all know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by bokohalal(m): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
babadee1:

Which strong institution exactly is GEJ building? Please name them let us all know.
Ask them. EFCC that was set up to fight corruption is itself corrupt and only runs after small Yahoo Yahoo boys in Benin city.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by gwales: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
so gej that have pardoned corrupt officials is now better than the person even his most ardent critics have agreed that he is corrupt free. not forgotten that the president said corruption is not stealing

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Relocate Boko Haram Prisoners Out Of Igboland Now - Ohaneze Tells Buhari / Fayose Reacts To Arrest Of Abiodun Agbele, His 'closest' Friend By EFCC / Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.