Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,388 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions (44785 Views)

ENCHANTING! HEAVENLY! Mansions For "Dash" In Lekki Penninsula! Exclusive Gallery / Beautiful Homes & Mansions, Great For Those Who Love Taste, Class And Elegance / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Guyman02: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
The reality is that most people in Abuja actually live a fake life. Since I got posted to this town, I realised that my salary only pays my rent and put food on my table. No savings anymore, in Portharcourt I stayed in a 3 bedroom spacious apartment with less than the amount I am paying in Abuja for a one bedroom flat. Sometimes I feel stuck, I cant just quit my job without an alternative. Contracts are only for the really connected people.

All the schools in town are so expensive that I wish that Government should use the Ebola excuse and close all the schools till January 2015 so that I can accumulate more monthly salary to pay for my kids.

While you are struggling to pay your rent in Abuja, you find several unoccupied mansions around you with so high rent that they remain unrented for years, the owners dont care because only few of them struggled to make the money to build those mansions in Abuja, majority are from govt coffers and inflated contracts.

Abuja can be frustrating, my friend wants to relocate to Abuja by asking for transfer from his office, I have been advising him not to be deceived by the lack of heavy traffic and beautiful street lights at night and since he is gainfully employed in Lagos, with all the hassles in Eko, he should just be visiting to seek for opportunities or to have fun but not outright relocation with his family.

Abuja doesnt seem to have a soul of its own. The only alternative is to relocate to outskirts like Maraba/Nyanya where the traffic snarl to the city center every morning and evening will make you feel like your lifespan is been cut short, now it has been worsened by Soldiers doing stop and search against Boko Haram.

23 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by zizazizu: 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
I was going to fault this theory but the more I read, the more I realise that I know one or two or three or more ppl who fit the descriptions in almost each paragraph. Abuja will tempt u to thiff!

10 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Frankkk(m): 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] ok o u suppose knw sey all dose pple wey dey build dat kind houses most of dem deir way nor clear
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Fresia01(f): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
for d 1st time in. ma life i couldn't read a post and still i scrolled dwn to see if i can understand d post tru people's comments buh i couldn't!!! what's d man saying self??

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by tpia1: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
i cant do politics.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Wow....this is deep,na wa o,so all our money just siddon for abuja...
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
Poster how can i relocate to abuja, imagine the kind of cash this people are calling crybillions chai when I dey rejoice say I don make money,don't even know this just change crybut this country get money shall , abuja here I come

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by freeradical(m): 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
Very interesting read...The only way to kill corruption in this country is when people start asking for the source of uncertain wealth. U can imagine how even pastors allow criminals sow seeds of corruption all because we love money more than we actually fear the God we claim to serve. Nigerians need a change of value system.....money isnt everything.

8 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by flinton(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
I dnt blame them, Abuja is a mean plc, itz either u get rich or u die trying!
I was once there tho I left but I am cumin bk. This tym fully prepared

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by freeradical(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fresia01: for d 1st tumor in. ma life i couldn't read a post and still i scrolled dwn to see if i can understand d post tru people's comments buh i couldn't!!! what's d man saying self??
Its a shame that a pretty young lady like yourself cannot take the pain to read.

29 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Guyman02: 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Abuja is a city where many young people live very fake lives.

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Kajiang02(m): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
I'm very sure there was a thread like this initiated by Lynpetra;
This houses are completely empty and numerous. You keep wondering why its this way.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Lovetinz(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
A classic post. If Nairalanders write like this, Nairaland will be bigger than Facebook.

21 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by gunuvi(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
I love abuja.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nice/timely post! Nig needs an urgent rescue! The system stinks.

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by uzolexis(f): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
My friend and I met this guy in Abj,he's a minister's son (i won't say which minister). One day we went with him to see his dogs,the dogs stay in one of his father's houses in Prince and Princess estate (houses in that estate are pretty expensive). The house was a 5 bedroom duplex and guess who lives in the house 3 of their dogs and 2 men in the boys quarters who take care of the dogs,we were dazed shocked shocked A very big well furnished house just for dogs?
we finally went to their family house in maitama, Christ , I cant even remember how many cars i saw in that compound,the boy has 2 cars of his own,his sister also. the house was so big every room had an intercom to call each other. Infact lemme stop here,Nigerian politicians are very greedy....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by atlwireles: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Look at expo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by LordReed(m): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
I second the OP on the issue of shops. Imagine someone opening a shop in Silverbird to sell Mexican art, as in are you for real? Mexican art? To Nigerians? Somebody most definitely has a money-miss-road somewhere.

14 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Celepope: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fresia01: for d 1st tumor in. ma life i couldn't read a post and still i scrolled dwn to see if i can understand d post tru people's comments buh i couldn't!!! what's d man saying self??
With this your grammar how will you comprehend the post?Girl you have a long Way to go.

@topic all the author of the passage said is true.Obasanjo's Lily's court in Area 10 comes to mind.An estate unhabited for decades wasting away.That Abuja will almost make you lose your mind.I enjoyed and still miss Abuja.A place I still see as my second home.The only presentable city in Nigeria.Can't wait to visit very soon.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by obstead200(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Horayce: Best article I've read on here in a while
seconded

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by naturalwaves: 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nice expository essay, well written, fantastic piece and yet, just a single like. Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by englishmart(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
lilprinze: Nigeria politicians looting and wasting our money anyhow since 19BC.
unfortunately you've been typing without your brain since 1993

3 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by yungchop: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
If I tell you that ma sister bought her 4bedroom duplex in asokoro for 116milla, you will know that's wassup wassup! angry well her husband na oil magnate sha!! As form me the only house I'll buy in Abuja that will worth that amount is the house that Jesus christ will lodge into when he returns to earth!! cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by naturalwaves: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
freeradical: Its a shame that a pretty young lady like yourself cannot take the pain to read.
Bros, did you just say "pretty"? grin. Well, if most ladies could upgrade the contents in their brain half the way they upgrade their hairstyles, a bulk of them would be scholars. Their hairstyles are always due for an upgrade but never their brains.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Ryabcool(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Abuja just doesn't appeal to me as somewhere i'd wanna settle fully in my youthful years. More like a retirement home to me. I like the busy life of lagos. I like the traffic even more than i hate it. I like the population. I like that there is always somewhere i can go to anytime i'm bored. I like the fact that i get to meet people like me who are hungry for success. I like the fact that if i can conquer in Lagos in spite of the limited resources, i can conquer anywhere else in the world. I like Lagos and i like all its faults too.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Just imagine campaign promise to make sure everyone with a house there show how they bought it or it gets seized angry

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Dreyl(m): 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Interesting!
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by persius555(m): 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
The richest people are sometimes the dumbest in nigeria. The tax system that systematically exempts the rich from paying tax allows this waste to continue. Our poverty is our creation.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Eyop: 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
uzolexis: My friend and I met this guy in Abj,he's a minister's son (i won't say which minister). One day we went with him to see his dogs,the dogs stay in one of his father's houses in Prince and Princess estate (houses in that estate are pretty expensive). The house was a 5 bedroom duplex and guess who lives in the house 3 of their dogs and 2 men in the boys quarters who take care of the dogs,we were dazed shocked shocked A very big well furnished house just for dogs?
we finally went to their family house in maitama, Christ , I cant even remember how many cars i saw in that compound,the boy has 2 cars of his own,his sister also. the house was so big every room had an intercom to call each other. Infact lemme stop here,Nigerian politicians are very greedy....
I know the minister but lets just leave it like that wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Bismarck10(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
And this is just a summary of what politicians do in Abuja.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Akalia(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Very enlightening piece of literature, I enjoyed every bit of it. I commend the prowess of the writer.

8 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Maximus17(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
OP, You ve said it all, that not withstanding ,we still have good number of honest businessmen..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Many Trapped / ABB Distribution Board And Schneider Distribution Board Our Choice / List Of Estate Owned By Lagos State Government| Co-tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.