Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions (44769 Views)

ENCHANTING! HEAVENLY! Mansions For "Dash" In Lekki Penninsula! Exclusive Gallery / Beautiful Homes & Mansions, Great For Those Who Love Taste, Class And Elegance / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by ekenzify(m): 12:03am On Sep 18, 2014
wow, dis post got me cracking with laughter. That said, being an abuja resident, I absolutely can relate to what the OP is talking about. Its really sad n pathetic seeing such gud houses being abandoned. its only in abuja u Wud see 2 of d most 7 costliest cars in d world. And it goes on n on. Lyk a song on a replay.

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by naijaboiy: 12:03am On Sep 18, 2014
Neldrizzy: @enboldened, i know the boy, his name is Daniel, but his nickname is naijaboiy, he is ma friend, most of the time we do cruise 2geda cool
gringrin
MadMan
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Neldrizzy(m): 12:08am On Sep 18, 2014
naijaboiy:
gringrin
MadMan
am i lieing ? sad sad sad sad
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Cutesexy1(f): 12:19am On Sep 18, 2014
as if it will change anything

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by lymelyte(m): 12:30am On Sep 18, 2014
Fresia01: for d 1st time in. ma life i couldn't read a post and still i scrolled dwn to see if i can understand d post tru people's comments buh i couldn't!!! what's d man saying self??
u too dull.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Solodegreat24(m): 12:31am On Sep 18, 2014
Fresia01: most people just find pleasure in dissing people!!! simple thing i typed plus i knw i made a mistake while typing 'time ' , u ve started making it look like am i dunce when i knw that normally in academics u can't match me,, in writing u can't beat me even in reading!!! i wouldn't be surprised to knw that you didn't even read the post.. foool!!!

Sorry o. D more you keep posting d more you wil keep making mistakes. If i were you i will jst keep quiet. Oh on a second tot i nor fit b you sha. My advice open ur mind to read and learn.

@Op. Nice write up. So true and Very educative and at disame tym saddening. Meanwhile a lot of people are out there wt little or no square meal a day and wt no roof over their heads. Nevertheless KARMA still remain a bit*ch. D tears of d pple will answer.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

That long? They must be terrible at it.

cheesy
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 18, 2014
Ehm bia Op Dem no teash u summary for primary school undecided
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by itsmine: 1:00am On Sep 18, 2014
dis post is one in a million, I can relate with almost all d points here. I get d mental pictures as I read along. Welldone OP, we need more of dis to shape d thinking generation on NL.tenks
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by rash47(m): 2:43am On Sep 18, 2014
Abuja,the artificial town. No wonder the legislooters kicked against the fashola's type of tenancy laws.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Dcaliphate(m): 4:27am On Sep 18, 2014
great, eye-opening and insightful piece. Thanks op, u r d bomb!
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by leisuretym: 6:44am On Sep 18, 2014
Amya: I've been meaning to write an article like this for a while. Everything on this article is spot on!

The most ridiculous to me are those who have shops in mega plaza's like silverbird which cost millions of Naira and they now stock it with goods worth a fraction of the shop rate. Funny they sell their stuffs the normal market rate or slightly higher. It's so glaring that these businesses are operating at so much loss that you can't but think it's just a hobby.

I know couple of people who live fine in these abandoned mansions for years without paying a dime. Some even sublet the rooms. All is part of the national cake choppings sha. lol.

Permit me to add to the point.

Most of those shops are dispatch point for drug peddlers

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by babestell(f): 7:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Na wa o!

And the cycle of corruption continues

This means that there will be not bust to the housing bubbles being experienced in Abuja and Lagos anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by lozanni(m): 7:30am On Sep 18, 2014
horlah005: And u xpect me to read all dis ......smh!

If you want to hide knowledge from a blackman, put it in a book or article; this is the thinking of westerners.
Dont let us prove them right by our intellectual indolence; I mean how long was that article? Smh for our laziness.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by yungchop: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
Cajetanspeaks: For real? That's very cheap, the owner dashed her the house. The least you can get a 4bedroom or 5bedroom duplex around Maitama, Wuse2,Asokoro and likes is 300million,it can get to 800million depending on the space and facilities.
seriously? cheesy
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by naijaboiy: 8:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Neldrizzy: am i lieing ? sad sad sad sad
you no Lie ooo...

When next we go cruise sef? cool
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by obiscolly(m): 9:06am On Sep 18, 2014
I've heard similar stories of abandoned buildings in abj. Though I've not been there since I was a baby, I've always thought of it as a very boring place to live. Our politicians are the curse of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by daluu129(f): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2014
well i think he has a point. Abuja is a place that people get carried away.
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Revolva(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Nigerians n GREED
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Boriqua(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2014
yungchop: If I tell you that ma sister bought her 4bedroom duplex in asokoro for 116milla, you will know that's wassup wassup! angry well her husband na oil magnate sha!! As form me the only house I'll buy in Abuja that will worth that amount is the house that Jesus christ will lodge into when he returns to earth!! cheesy
Its not true,you too can own at least a bedroom flat in ABUJA within 12months, if you wish to find out how others acquired theirs without letting you know call 08185060158.
Thank me later!
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by horlah005: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2014
shollynoob:

Lazy dude, you must be a politician.

U gorrit ryt....buddy
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 18, 2014
horlah005:

U gorrit ryt....buddy

hmmmmmm, by the way, buy one House in my name nah shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2014
we call it Business Boosters!

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by hushmail: 11:12am On Sep 18, 2014
very interesting write up

actually d Op would score 'A' if it was a thesis

now u analyzed d problems bt u didnt proffer any solution y?

R u saying d circle shld continue?

D fight against Corruption shld start wt each an everyone of us, dats d only remedy

1 Like

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by horlah005: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
shollynoob:

hmmmmmm, by the way, buy one House in my name nah shocked shocked shocked

Oh yes but first, tell dat yeye gej to carry una self out of Aso r
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by shady26(m): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
uzolexis: My friend and I met this guy in Abj,he's a minister's son (i won't say which minister). One day we went with him to see his dogs,the dogs stay in one of his father's houses in Prince and Princess estate (houses in that estate are pretty expensive). The house was a 5 bedroom duplex and guess who lives in the house 3 of their dogs and 2 men in the boys quarters who take care of the dogs,we were dazed shocked shocked A very big well furnished house just for dogs?
we finally went to their family house in maitama, Christ , I cant even remember how many cars i saw in that compound,the boy has 2 cars of his own,his sister also. the house was so big every room had an intercom to call each other. Infact lemme stop here,Nigerian politicians are very greedy....
OK, but what did you or rather what did you and your friend now do to the boy? undecided
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by shady26(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ryabcool: Abuja just doesn't appeal to me as somewhere i'd wanna settle fully in my youthful years. More like a retirement home to me. I like the busy life of lagos. I like the traffic even more than i hate it. I like the population. I like that there is always somewhere i can go to anytime i'm bored. I like the fact that i get to meet people like me who are hungry for success. I like the fact that if i can conquer in Lagos in spite of the limited resources, i can conquer anywhere else in the world. I like Lagos and i like all its faults too.
you love Lagos traffic? sad Someone else is doing the driving, cursing & swearing on your behalf, while you sit pinging & farting happily at the back angry see ur head
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
very nice read and worth the time
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Ryabcool(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
shady26: you love Lagos traffic? sad Someone else is doing the driving, cursing & swearing on your behalf, while you sit with your legs on the dashboard pinging & farting happily angry see ur head
Hi Stranger. Thanks for the undeserved insults.

Apparently its now a crime to have an opinion.

Apparently the only way to make a point on nairaland is through insults.

Apparently you are spoiling for a fight, which you apparently won't get.

Apparently i'm being very nice to you when i normally would have made hell freeze over with insults on your head.

Apparently, i'm just gonna leave you to your devices and pray you realize how very inappropriate your words were.

Bye stranger.
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by shady26(m): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ryabcool: Hi Stranger. Thanks for the undeserved insults.

Apparently its now a crime to have an opinion.

Apparently the only way to make a point on nairaland is through insults.

Apparently you are spoiling for a fight, which you apparently won't get.

Apparently i'm being very nice to you when i normally would have made hell freeze over with insults on your head.

Apparently, i'm just gonna leave you to your devices and pray you realize how very inappropriate your words were.

Bye stranger.
smiley
shaaarrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap...........
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by Ryabcool(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
shady26: shaaarrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap...........
*long sigh* Kids... So easy to spot them. smiley
Re: Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions by shady26(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ryabcool: *long sigh* Kids... So easy to spot them. smiley
*shakes head* yeaaaaaaah babies, we know them smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia / 3d Views Of Buildings By The Harneyproject Team / Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Many Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.