Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:23 AM

Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN (39928 Views)

Change: World Now Listens When Nigeria Speaks (Photo) / Caption This Photo, World Now Listen When Nigeria Speaks (CHANGE) ??? / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by wman(m): 7:45am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Okay, tell me who nudism or prostitution affects negatively?

Is prostitution banned?
Does prostitution attract a jail term?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 24, 2013
Bpriest: I saw people cheering when they heard about the bill . And you want to make me believe that there are homosexuals here ? Where are they? Why is that they don't hold meetings, rallies? Why is that they are not protesting in our streets? Why is that there's no gay pride parade? The answer is simple: they don't exist. Nigerians are not animals.

We're here, and actually, you'll be amazed by the population. We just don't go about organising rallies because of the barbaric nature of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 7:52am On Oct 24, 2013
wman:

Is prostitution banned?

In some Scandinavian countries it is.

And in most Western countries, it is banned in public.

And, yes, people get prosecuted for it. Whether it procures a jail term I don't know, but that is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 24, 2013
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. this homosexual issue has gone so wide to the extent that many are still waiting for it to be legalized. Does it mean the passages of the bible and Koran that condemns the act is no longer visible to humans eyes. This gays are not helping themselves. instead of them been sorry for the abormination they commite,rather they are here looking for freedom. I pray that God will deliver us from every other sin and make us holy.

This a typical example of how some gays were publicly disgraced. I mean how will one feel if his parents sees his son to be disgraced like this.

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2013
wman:

You never understood my post. I said so long as it affects no one else negatively.
Homosexualism affects no other than the 2 parties involved.
Hard drug use has caused so much addictions and has led to many other vices.
Terrorism etc affects others negatively and worlwide the war against them is increasing and not waning.

Comprehend my post 1st and come up with a better arguement.
I dey wait u.

Really what about the families they come from.....what if the families wont accept it....does it not show that it affects their loved ones.....The 3rd law of thermodynamic says action and reaction is equal and opposite...... cool cool cool cool cool so their response to the act depends on the core values in life tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2013
vire:

Really what about the families they come from.....what if the families wont accept it....does it not show that it affects their loved ones.....The 3rd law of thermodynamic says action and reaction is equal and opposite...... cool cool cool cool cool so their response to the act depends on the core values in life tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

pls that's not the third law of thermodynamics my dear but the third law of netwon law.

the third law of thermodynamics states that " the entropy of a packet crystal is zero at zero Kelvin. am not a physics student but a medical student and I think that's Wat I was thought in secondary school. have a nice day
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 24, 2013
Wish we would show some balls on issues that matter.

With all the challenges we face Nigeria's main concern is gay marriages?? undecided
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by sCun: 8:14am On Oct 24, 2013
GenBuhari: Wish we would show some balls on issues that matter.

With all the challenges we face Nigeria's main concern is gay marriages?? undecided
The westerners who are pushing it in our faces should be asked that question.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 24, 2013
GenBuhari: Wish we would show some balls on issues that matter.

My brother I tire ooooooo Wen we have a lot of problem some are looking for how to please the flesh.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2013
Okpara-Jesus:

pls that's not the third law of thermodynamics my dear but the third law of netwon law.

the third law of thermodynamics states that " the entropy of a packet crystal is zero at zero Kelvin. am not a physics student but a medical student and I think that's Wat I was thought in secondary school. have a nice day

both 3rd law of thermodynamics and 3rd law of motion are the same.........action is equal and opposite( 3rd of Motion ) and energy can never be created nor destroyed but can be changed from one form to another ( 3rd law of thermodynamics) one can interchange it.....you should have known that i did so angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

you didnt read your books well grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Janselem: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2013
wman: Funny how so many would love watching lesbians perform in por.n films & enjoy threes.omes with 2 girls involved yet they say they are anti-gay.
So many have watched Pirates & have other por.n movies with girl to girl acts on their phones & computers yet dem dey claim anti-gay.

Yes same sex marriage should be prohibited but anyone should feel free to sleep with whom he likes in his private room.

I'm not gay not do I support it but I feel what two consenting adults do with their d.ick & asse.s in their private room is no ones business but theirs.

But I'm against accepting it publicly & joining them under the holy matrimony called marriage.

The 15 years jail term is wrong. 2 guys/girls wishes to do it & its no ones business.

I think everyone should have a right to a private life regardless of what others think so far his/her private life affects no other person negatively & he/she is willing to bear the consequence of such.

#nohomo.

People like you represent everything that is bad in this generation. This act is devilish and unnatural as far as I'm concerned and should not be tolerated in this country.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2013
vire:

both 3rd law of thermodynamics and 3rd law of motion are the same.........action is equal and opposite( 3rd of Motion ) and energy can never be created nor destroyed but can be changed from one form to another ( 3rd law of thermodynamics) one can interchange it.....you should have known that i did so angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

you didnt read your books well grin grin grin grin

I said am not a physics student but medical. I have not seen it interchanged. pls you said action and reaction = energy creation and destruction.( energy can neither be created nor destroyed now third law ? guy first law of motion states that a body continues in its state of rest unless is acted upon by external force. I don't understand the relationship or has ASUU strike eaten up your physics brain.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Janselem: 8:29am On Oct 24, 2013
masonkz:

We're here, and actually, you'll be amazed by the population. We just don't go about organising rallies because of the barbaric nature of Nigerians.

Filthy Animal

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2013
01mcfadden:
dont mind them.
I wonder what these guys are going to see things that are right for them rather than things that are right for some foreigners. If you ask me,i will tell you that homosexual and kleptomania are alike,are you people now saying since those who suffer from kleptomania are not doing it at will should be left alone while caught when stealing or what are some people even driving at?
No need for arguement again because as far as my household and fg are against homo,its not gona happen here....i say forever!
I join the 92% sane Nigerians to say No to homo!

My friend ,homosexuality and kleptomania are not the same... Or I shuld I get a wikipedia version of their meanings. Don't tie the knots or twist homosexuality into something abhorrent, Get your facts straight here before u also cunningly brainwash people from whatever liberty they have as to their private life's... Let me bring to your awareness that homosexuality is never supposed to be a criminal offence because it does not qualify under sine qua non justification of creating a law against it.. For fook's sake ,morality is not a characteristic of the law.. If not, decadence and non-peity attitude like lying, fornication would have been criminalised.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 24, 2013
masonkz:

you better hide oooo so that your father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

this Wat happened to your kind lollipops be careful not to fall into the hands of angry MOB

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by sultanemerald(m): 8:34am On Oct 24, 2013
Shame on you. I say, shame on you. You don't want to go the normal course of relationships, but you want to have children? And you see a woman/man and look the other way. Then want children from the one you say you don't want? Can't you see it? It's utter madness. It's confusion. It's silly.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2013
masonkz:

Firstly, are there American men clamouring for Polygamy?

And are the women they're willing to marry also agitating for such marriage?

Are these women ok with being 2nd, 3rd and 4th wives to such men?

I don't think you can talk of a man's right regarding polygamy without considering the person that same man wants to marry. It's a marriage, so not only one person should be considered here.

So if all these exist in the American society and would wanna start up a campaign for it, then they should.

My opinion.
exceptions have been made provided that the wedding is under legally recognised customary or religious beliefs or laws.
The reason why I think it cannot be under civil law is because it usually affects the rights of women and more often u find that some of these women in these marriages are neglected by the husband which is why you might not find many Westerns in favour of polygamy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2013
Okpara-Jesus:

I said am not a physics student but medical. I have not seen it interchanged. pls you said action and reaction = energy creation and destruction.( energy can neither be created nor destroyed now third law ? guy first law of motion states that a body continues in its state of rest unless is acted upon by external force. I don't understand the relationship or has ASUU strike eaten up your physics brain.

i should ask you becos i did this in secondary skool and i remember it so well....not every1 on NL still dey university......talk intelligently and since you said you are not into physics why not be mute or grab a book to find the relationship of both definitions angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by chineloSA(f): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2013
MR.SANITY:
since you are their spokes person, you can tell them to remain in the closet 92% of Nigerians do not want to see them

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 24, 2013
[quote author=vire]

i should ask you becos i did this in secondary skool and i remember it so well....not every1 on NL still dey university......talk intelligently and since you said you are not into physics why not be mute or grab a book to find the relationship of both definitions angry angry angry angry

Why will I grab it Wen your confuse yourself with the laws. I asked you Wen has third law of thermodynamics been energy can neither be created or destroyed? you should be the one to correct your mistake because that's the first law my oga@ d top.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 8:46am On Oct 24, 2013
Okpara-Jesus:
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. this homosexual issue has gone so wide to the extent that many are still waiting for it to be legalized. Does it mean the passages of the bible and Koran that condemns the act is no longer visible to humans eyes. This gays are not helping themselves. instead of them been sorry for the abormination they commite,rather they are here looking for freedom. I pray that God will deliver us from every other sin and make us holy.

This a typical example of how some gays were publicly disgraced. I mean how will one feel if his parents sees his son to be disgraced like this.

By looking into your post, I have no atom of suprised because your nairaland nomenclature says it all.. Well by virtue of culture and religion which like a deadly disease has plagued most nigerians, no eyebrow can be raised in an almost animous anti-homosexual movement.anyway,I want to bring into your notice and that of other zealous nasty religious fanatics about what Jesus said in the bible about the adulterous woman... Read in btw the lines oohhh, what I am pointing at technically is that jesus gave the woman some liberty to choose how to live her life albeit with an advice to stop her sin.. Now,I dare say that any person who tortures ,kills or even keeps calumny with his fellow neighbour who is a homosexual is more evil than a bloodthirsty vampire.. A homosexual as far as he /she lives a responsible life and is law abiding supposed to be respected and loved.. What is wrong with nigerians and this their over-self imposed attitude.. Na by force say na everything culture and religion state we follow,,,, haba!!!! Fg went to unn to blow a hypocritical trumpet there,, what has govt boasted of if not nonsense morality like this,let's see what most of them will give as excuse to God on judgement day.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2013
wman:

Is prostitution banned?

Under our relevant laws here in nigeria, it attracts a jail term and is punisable in the penal and criminal code...

But in pratice, I wonder whether the police and law enforcement agencies carry out their jobs at all
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Evansff(f): 8:51am On Oct 24, 2013
No 2 same sey marriage woooooo! coolNo 2 same sey marriage woooooo!
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by chineloSA(f): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

Yes, there are also armed robbers and pedophiles and terrorists and fraudsters and hard drug barons amongst us.

No, it is not the a r m e d robbers and pedophiles and terrorists and fraudsters and hard drug barons that caused poverty, disease, illiteracy etc, but they are criminals under our laws.

Robbers are responsible for businesses and people loosing money
Paedophiles are responsible for emotional and physical suffering of their victims
Fraudster is responsible for gullible and innocent people loosing their hard earned cash >>>> poverty
Drug barons are responsible for prostitutes, kids being hooked, rape, crime all crimes done under the influence of any narcotics >>>>> poverty, illeteracy ( directly or indirectly )
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

What are two consenting, adult HOMOS....ALS responsible for when they are intimate behind their closed door
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

People should be at liberty to make their own choices. smiley smiley smiley smiley

God gave everyone a choice, hence he decided not to relocate his office to PLANET EARTH.

He didnt want to make choices for us

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 9:01am On Oct 24, 2013
ccollins:
My friend ,homosexuality and kleptomania are not the same... Or I shuld I get a wikipedia version of their meanings. Don't tie the knots or twist homosexuality into something abhorrent, Get your facts straight here before u also cunningly brainwash people from whatever liberty they have as to their private life's... Let me bring to your awareness that homosexuality is never supposed to be a criminal offence because it does not qualify under sine qua non justification of creating a law against it.. For fook's sake ,morality is not a characteristic of the law.. If not, decadence and non-peity attitude like lying, fornication would have been criminalised.

Ehen?

So it does not qualify under sine qua non justification of creating a law?

Tootor? (Na true?)

Morality is not a characteristic of the law?

Really?

So it is under shingosho poroukoto paskoski justification of creating a law that polygamy is banned? undecided

Tell me one nation now or IN HISTORY that has never used morality as a basis for creating laws.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 24, 2013
ccollins:

By looking into your post, I have no atom of suprised because your nairaland nomenclature says it all.. Well by virtue of culture and religion which like a deadly disease has plagued most nigerians, no eyebrow can be raised in an almost animous anti-homosexual movement.anyway,I want to bring into your notice and that of other zealous nasty religious fanatics about what Jesus said in the bible about the adulterous woman... Read in btw the lines oohhh, what I am pointing at technically is that jesus gave the woman some liberty to choose how to live her life albeit with an advice to stop her sin.. Now,I dare say that any person who tortures ,kills or even keeps calumny with his fellow neighbour who is a homosexual is more evil than a bloodthirsty vampire.. A homosexual as far as he /she lives a responsible life and is law abiding supposed to be respected and loved.. What is wrong with nigerians and this their over-self imposed attitude.. Na by force say na everything culture and religion state we follow,,,, haba!!!! Fg went to unn to blow a hypocritical trumpet there,, what has govt boasted of if not nonsense morality like this,let's see what most of them will give as excuse to God on judgement day.

You know the bible is so vast that every sinner most surely find excuse to defend the sin he/she commits. my dear you owe your life and the things of the heaven is not new to you. I don't hate sinners but they must get to know that they are doing the wrong thing. ( I like this word judge me not ) but remember that their is a major deference between JUDGMENT AND CONDEMNATION. if you feel that God left the woman to chose Wat was here latter behavior, we were ment to.know that she went about telling people to see someone who told her Wat she has done. Now you feel they should be given freedom but Many Nigerians says NO.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 24, 2013
ccollins:

And remember whoever that encounters JESUS his/her life will not remain thesame.

my dear those that beat gays up choose to because they feel is the right thing because the way this gays behave and how they chat in this nairaland shows it all that they don't have remorse for Wat they do. I don't like the beating but an angry mob is an angry mob.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 24, 2013
Okpara-Jesus:

you better hide oooo so that your father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

this Wat happened to your kind lollipops be careful not to fall into the hands of angry MOB

Mtcheeeeeeeew.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 9:07am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Ehen?

So it does not qualify under sine qua non justification of creating a law?

Tootor? (Na true?)

Morality is not a characteristic of the law?

Really?

So it is under shingosho poroukoto paskoski justification of creating a law that polygamy is banned? undecided

Tell me one nation now or IN HISTORY that has never used morality as a basis for creating laws.

Are u just slow to uderstand things or what?? Let me explain- The difference between law and morality is seen in
punishment. When a law is broken, it is punishable
by the government but bad morals are not
punishable, at least not by the country's
government. The law is a system of rules enforced by
a set of institutions for civil, political and economic
obedience in a society, while morality refers to a code
of conduct in matters of right and wrong.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by iamdsam: 9:07am On Oct 24, 2013
I support same sex marriage. It's your human right to be gay or not or even celibacy. The only thing I don't support for gays is the adoption of children. They shouldn't take what they can't produce. I support gay right. Stand up for gay rights. I think I gonna start a thread on this
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 24, 2013
iamdsam: I support same sex marriage. It's your human right to be gay or not or even celibacy. The only thing I don't support for gays is the adoption of children. They shouldn't take what they can't produce. I support gay right. Stand up for gay rights. I think I gonna start a thread on this

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

be very careful not to end up in the hands of angry mob
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 9:12am On Oct 24, 2013
ccollins:
Are u just slow to uderstand things or what?? Let me explain- The difference between law and morality is seen in
punishment. When a law is broken, it is punishable
by the government but bad morals are not
punishable, at least not by the country's
government. The law is a system of rules enforced by
a set of institutions for civil, political and economic
obedience in a society, while morality refers to a code
of conduct in matters of right and wrong.

No, I am just seeing a person that is chatting moronic rubbish.

Now foool, listen carefully.

Laws are usually formed based on 2 main basis:

- Harm caused.
- Morality.

When a law is made based on this, a punishment is attached to not adhering to the law.

I asked you a simple question which it appears you were too daft to comprehend and answer:

If you can't, then stop chatting shyt!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South / DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / Ademola Adeleke Becomes PDP's Senatorial Candidate, To Replace Late Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.