Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles (2583 Views)

kano Islamic Police Destroy 326,151 Bottles Of Beer / Kano Islamic Police Confiscate N6.5m Merchandise Belonging To South Easterner / Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Slimmos(m): 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Police who enforce Islamic law in Nigeria’s northern city of Kano have arrested 150 people in the last week, including for indecent dress, as part of a crackdown on immorality, a spokesman said on Tuesday.Some people in Nigeria’s second city have been picked up for sporting hair styles inspired by prominent international football players, said Mohammed Yusuf Yola, spokesman for Kano’s sharia police, or Hisbah.
Others were thrown in jail and fined for wearing their trousers too low on their waists, mimicking a style that became prominent in the 1990s, partly through the influence of some American hip hop artists.
The arrests have followed an order by Kano state Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso to cleanse the city of immoral practices and the trend is set to continue in the weeks ahead, said Hisbah Director-General Abba Sufi.
The Hisbah is a state police force funded by state government and is not part of the federal police.
“We have arrested 150 men and women in the past week, including prostitutes and their boyfriends, transvestites, alcoholics and those engaged in indecent dressing in contravention of the sharia legal code,” Yola told said.
Religion has repeatedly been used as a political issue in Kano and the governor, seen as a moderate, has been accused by rivals of lacking commitment to sharia’s guidelines.
Yola insisted the operation was launched to reverse disturbing trends in the city of some five million people and is targetting people of various faiths.
“Those arrested include Muslims and non-Muslims and we treat them equally because this is about morality,” he said.
Kano, like the rest of northern Nigeria, is majority Muslim, but the city has a sizeable Christian minority.
Some of those arrested have been released after paying fines ranging from 10,000 naira to 15,000 naira, Yola said.
“Those who could not afford the fine are being kept in prison,” he added, but he would not specify the number of people currently being held.
At the restoration of civilian rule in 1999, 12 northern states, including Kano, formally adopted sharia, but the Islamic legal system has been unevenly applied.
The Hisbah was formed in 2001, largely to enforce sharia, but the force has other duties, including some community development work and alternative dispute resolution.
The southern half of Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country, is mostly Christian. My question is this...abeg wetin Concern person with my hairstyle?
http://m.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.informationng.com%2F%3Fp%3D139805&h=pAQHuwVnQ&s=1
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by jennylove7575(f): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Slimmos is a prostitute patronizer he was born into ashewo. His mama is ashewo. Him and his
Father duped me on nl..slimmos emailed me and told me he want help to get out of of Nigeria to be free from the shackles of his disgraceful family. I felt pity for him and we started communicating. Not long I bought into his stories and started sending him some pounds.slimmos told me that there is a land available for sale in lekki which came cheap. Because of the trust I have for him I sent him £6000 pounds to purchase the land for me. Slimmos disappeared only for me to see him on nl....he is now calling me a prostitute to cover his crime...I am going to set up a blog on the internet and post all his pictures and our conversations there I will ensure the whole world and all the social network sees the face of a dupe. thank goodness i have your pictures...ha slimmos why?
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by IdomaLikita: 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
jennylove7575: Slimmos is a prostitute patronizer he was born into ashewo. His mama is ashewo. Him and his
Father duped me on nl..slimmos emailed me and told me he want help to get out of of Nigeria to be free from the shackles of his disgraceful family. I felt pity for him and we started communicating. Not long I bought into his stories and started sending him some pounds.slimmos told me that there is a land available for sale in lekki which came cheap. Because of the trust I have for him I sent him £6000 pounds to purchase the land for me. Slimmos disappeared only for me to see him on nl....he is now calling me a prostitute to cover his crime...I am going to set up a blog on the internet and post all his pictures and our conversations there I will ensure the whole world and all the social network sees the face of a dupe. thank goodness i have your pictures...ha slimmos why?

Upload some of the Pix here pls!
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by idumuose(m): 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Delete the Nigerian islamic police and substitute it with Kano islamic police.

i am laughing at Kwankwaso the islamic governor of kano state at the moment.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Jakumo(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
jennylove7575: Slimmos is a prostitute patronizer he was born into ashewo. His mama is ashewo. Him and his

Very interesting post. You brag about money given to con-men, therefore YOU are a con-man, looking to lure in fools who might think they can squeeze more pounds sterling out of you, only to be tricked and defrauded after parting with one or the other "processing fees" that you will request BEFORE you honor your bogus promise to send imaginary cash to your victim.

You ain't fooling nobody, you slimy, devious, broke-asz muffuguh, and by posting your fairy tales here, you will get NOTHING from anyone, other than maybe a visit from the police to haul you in and lock you up for wire fraud.
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Descartes: 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
I'm waiting for a day they will ban hijab in the Emirate City grin
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Descartes: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
cool
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
angry
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by IGBOSON1: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
idumuose: Delete the Nigerian islamic police and substitute it with Kano islamic police.

i am laughing at Kwankwaso the islamic governor of kano state at the moment.

^^^He wants to be president of a supposedly secular Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by idumuose(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^He wants to be president of a supposedly secular Nigeria!
We are waiting for him to indicate his interest to vie for the highest office.Until then,i will stand with my hands akimbo.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Questions we need to ask.

1. Are those arrested, all Moslems?
2. If non Moslems were arrested, where would they be tried? Shari court?
3. If under Sharia, who will be their lawyer?

Biafrans, leave the Jihardists enclave while you can!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by MightySparrow: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hair Haram.
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by jennylove7575(f): 1:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
moses moses aka slimmos please I take God beg u.. You and your father should give me my money...plot of land I know see, money una carry go..u came to nl. Acting all innocent. My God is not asleep. Slimmos please refund my money..you and ur 419 father should refund my money. I did not pick the £6000 ffrom the street of London....you think u can eat money? Think again. I contacted your ashewo mama yesterday she said she haven't seen you nor your dad for long...keep your fake land I don't want it anymore just refund my money...barawo banza
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by jennylove7575(f): 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
i dont care about all the silly things weh you dey vomit. you dey talk trash..na me and for for this nl. you and your papa must refund my money. 419 thief ole.moses moses aka slimmos please I take God beg u.. You and your father should give me my money...plot of land I know see, money una carry go..u came to nl. Acting all innocent. My God is not asleep. Slimmos please refund my money..you and ur 419 father should refund my money. I did not pick the £6000 ffrom the street of London....you think u can eat money? Think again. I contacted your ashewo mama yesterday she said she haven't seen you nor your dad for long...keep your fake land I don't want it anymore just refund my money...barawo banza
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by antartica(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
idumuose:
We are waiting for him to indicate his interest to vie for the highest office.Until then,i will stand with my hands akimbo.

Thta guy is very primitive man.They call him a doctor,is he a doctor in islamic studies or what?Anyway,with jamb cut off marks they favourthem with,they are obviously the sludges of nigerian brain washed education.
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
The same useless aboki will come out tomorow to demand they are made president.

As far as things are today in the south and christain middle belt only daft osun muslims and aregbe rascal followers will vote a northern muslim

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
jennylove7575: i dont care about all the silly things weh you dey vomit. you dey talk trash..na me and for for this nl. you and your papa must refund my money. 419 thief ole.moses moses aka slimmos please I take God beg u.. You and your father should give me my money...plot of land I know see, money una carry go..u came to nl. Acting all innocent. My God is not asleep. Slimmos please refund my money..you and ur 419 father should refund my money. I did not pick the £6000 ffrom the street of London....you think u can eat money? Think again. I contacted your ashewo mama yesterday she said she haven't seen you nor your dad for long...keep your fake land I don't want it anymore just refund my money...barawo banza
Magga don vex
Shout halleluja
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by OuchDaddy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
@slimmos... Give him his money!!! 6k pounds cant be picked just anyhow.. give am him money angry angry
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by atlwireles: 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
idumuose:

When people begin to remind APC about the works of their governor when voting time comes, they will come out and call it religious intolerance. This is how Buhari ran around Nigeria pretending to be holier than mohammed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Slimmos(m): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
OuchDaddy: @slimmos... Give him his money!!! 6k pounds cant be picked just anyhow.. give am him money angry angry
bro I don't know dat girl...and she claims my father duped her...my father has been dead for over 15years now....we had some misunderstanding on laurelP's thread... Only for dis devil's advocate to start blackmailing and ternishing my identity on nairaland
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by waternogetenemy: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
na wa oh! May God punish OBJ whereever he is for all this. The worst Nigeria President ever.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
Some of those arrested have been released after paying fines ranging from 10,000 naira to 15,000 naira, Yola said.
“Those who could not afford the fine are being kept in prison,”

Islamic tithe. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Slimmos(m): 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Upload some of the Pix here pls!
. Wic pix....that girl is just trying to ternish my image on nairaland......we had some misunderstanding on laurelp's thread.I was telling she is too rude and she should stop.....d next thing I will see dis bi*tch start tarnishing my name on nairaland.....she want me me to close my account but I will never close dis my account cuz I know I don't her from ages
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by IdomaLikita: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Slimmos: . Wic pix....that girl is just trying to ternish my image on nairaland......we had some misunderstanding on laurelp's thread.I was telling she is too rude and she should stop.....d next thing I will see dis bi*tch start tarnishing my name on nairaland.....she want me me to close my account but I will never close dis my account cuz I know I don't her from ages

Make una enter Bedroom go Settle D;
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by jennylove7575(f): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2014
for your information, mr oni said the land belong to the celestial church of christ. that it was never for sale. but your father whom you are now telling the whole world that is dead, presented the documents to me, convincing me that its a family inherited land. mr oni said the documents are fraud and he showed me the original certificate of ownwership...i respected i trusted your father because he is an elderly man..unless you are now telling me that the man you presented as a father isn't. you came into nl talking shitty stuffs, calling me names pretending you are an innocent boy. you lie. me JENNIFER BROWN will not let this matter go. head go roll. you people have bitten the fingers thats feeds you.
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by jennylove7575(f): 11:59am On Aug 02, 2014
Slimmos: . Wic pix....that girl is just trying to ternish my image on nairaland......we had some misunderstanding on laurelp's thread.I was telling she is too rude and she should stop.....d next thing I will see dis bi*tch start tarnishing my name on nairaland.....she want me me to close my account but I will never close dis my account cuz I know I don't her from ages
for your information, mr oni said the land belong to the celestial church of christ. that it was never for sale. but your father whom you are now telling the whole world that is dead, presented the documents to me, convincing me that its a family inherited land. mr oni said the documents are fraud and he showed me the original certificate of ownwership...i respected i trusted your father because he is an elderly man..unless you are now telling me that the man you presented as a father isn't. you came into nl talking shitty stuffs, calling me names pretending you are an innocent boy. you lie. me JENNIFER BROWN will not let this matter go. head go roll. you people have bitten the fingers thats feeds you.
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by jennylove7575(f): 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Slimmos: bro I don't know dat girl...and she claims my father duped her...my father has been dead for over 15years now....we had some misunderstanding on laurelP's thread... Only for dis devil's advocate to start blackmailing and ternishing my identity on nairaland
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by 1shortblackboy: 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
^^^ madam Jenny if ur serious that slimmons duped u why not take more pro active steps like reporting to the police or d efcc instead of ranting all over nairaland I don't know wat ir hoping to achieve with all this ranting
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
I hate this country!. Imposing crazy sharia law on non-sharialists. National confab delegates should canvass for christ law-christ police-christ court-christ judges. BULLSHIT!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by jennylove7575(f): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Slimmos What do you mean you never see me (devil) from ages? If you claim not to know me how you take conclude say I be prostitute or HIV carrier? You don’t call people you have not met before fabricated names to tarnish their image. Secondly, your mother and sisters should not have been calling me on the phone every now and then to beg me. Your mother says na small pikin dey worry you make I forgive you. It will be difficult for me to forgive you. You have awoken the demon in me by duping me and still having the mouth to call me names on nairaland. Last year when I was returning to uk, slimmos, didn’t I give 200,000 naira? The phone weh you dey use so no be me give you? Dat yeye Johnson weh your mama dey sleep with, wetin the man dey do for una? U are here lying to 5naira say you don’t know me before. Moses na God go judge you and your father. Stop calling my phone, if you like hide your number I will never forgive you and your father. £6000 is 6000x 280=1m 680000 naira ( 1,680000naira). You and your papa na thieves and 419. You and your papa should pay me my 1,680000naira.
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by Slimmos(m): 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
jennylove7575: Slimmos What do you mean you never see me (devil) from ages? If you claim not to know me how you take conclude say I be prostitute or HIV carrier? You don’t call people you have not met before fabricated names to tarnish their image. Secondly, your mother and sisters should not have been calling me on the phone every now and then to beg me. Your mother says na small pikin dey worry you make I forgive you. It will be difficult for me to forgive you. You have awoken the demon in me by duping me and still having the mouth to call me names on nairaland. Last year when I was returning to uk, slimmos, didn’t I give 200,000 naira? The phone weh you dey use so no be me give you? Dat yeye Johnson weh your mama dey sleep with, wetin the man dey do for una? U are here lying to 5naira say you don’t know me before. Moses na God go judge you and your father. Stop calling my phone, if you like hide your number I will never forgive you and your father. £6000 is 6000x 280=1m 680000 naira ( 1,680000naira). You and your papa na thieves and 419. You and your papa should pay me my 1,680000naira.
u dis Bi*Tch if u tire u go stop....silence is now d best answer for a fool like you
Re: Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles by angela98(f): 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
jennylove7575: for your information, mr oni said the land belong to the celestial church of christ. that it was never for sale. but your father whom you are now telling the whole world that is dead, presented the documents to me, convincing me that its a family inherited land. mr oni said the documents are fraud and he showed me the original certificate of ownwership...i respected i trusted your father because he is an elderly man..unless you are now telling me that the man you presented as a father isn't. you came into nl talking shitty stuffs, calling me names pretending you are an innocent boy. you lie. me JENNIFER BROWN will not let this matter go. head go roll. you people have bitten the fingers thats feeds you.
please jenny, this issue between you and this young man slimmos its beginning to go too far now. I just sent u an email now please kindly reply. You should try and make peace. Please let's start by deleting ur ptext and SIG its awful. Please Dont feel offended, I have read your claims something is not adding up..note: I am not saying that you are lying. I only want to help u guys make peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Abakaliki,enugu And Awka Express Way. / BREAKING: President’s “evil” Actions Destroying Nigerian democracy - Obasanjo. / President Goodluck Jonathan Transformation Agenda Achievements!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.