Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism (10834 Views)

Buratai Visits Onitsha, Tasks Army On Professionalism / Senator Dino Melaye And His Vintage Car Spotted In Maitama [photos] / IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by EreluY(f): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is why NIGERIA WILL NEVER EVER PROGRESS. Nigerians deploy argumentum ad hominem (ignoring the substance of an argument to attack the personality behind the argument), a low level mental reasoning, to justify wrongdoings. Can Odua's alleged purchase of these BPCs with public fund be justified at a time of national infrastructural decay in almost every sector (health, education, etc)? No! The point is this: if Melaye is allegedly guilty of the same crime, then let the public stage a similar protest, and let them both be brought to justice.

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by OlowoB(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
DonHummer: .this whole thing makes me laff,, a former house of rep member calling someone a thief, ..for me seems the lady stepped on toes nd thats the reason behind the turnout of events..
In naija as long as u are into politics u are a thief...no politician should open their mouth to accuse another...
if am the efcc chairman i dont even need to carry out any investigation on any politician,,as long as u once had a post u are going to jail for the sins u commited

That exactly is d point. They are all thieves including dino melaye and stella oduah, but d unwritten RULE is don't get caught.
Dino melaye was not caught in d act, soif stella happens 2 be an amateur at stealing and gets caught should we spare her simply based on d assumtion dat all oda political office holders are thieves without actually been caught?
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by OlowoB(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Erelu_Y: This is why NIGERIA WILL NEVER EVER PROGRESS. Nigerians deploy argumentum ad hominem (ignoring the substance of an argument to attack the personality behind the argument), a low level mental reasoning, to justify wrongdoings. Can Odua's alleged purchase of these BPCs with public fund be justified at a time of national infrastructural decay in almost every sector (health, education, etc)? No! The point is this: if Melaye is allegedly guilty of the same crime, then let the public stage a similar protest, and let them both be brought to justice.

How I wish I can see u personally and give u a hug, u just made my day with dis wonderful post of urs.
God Bless ur hustle sis
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by OlowoB(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
1MCN:
This reporter just canonized the Melaye-led protesters absolute Saints. Some people had the priviledge of watching the video clip of the protest and saw the both parties.
Again, Melaye also acquired a Bulletproof car while he enjoyed his short stay in the HoR. Maybe his protest is, 'Stella, why did you acquire a more expensive BPC?'
Did I hear about 20 cars?!

What I notice in this whole debacle is that the SR gave a very detailed report of the entire stuff and because of their too obvious ethno-tribal curvature, surreptitiously roped Mrs Oduah into it by saying she 'forced' the agency to acquire.... Trust me, if Fola Akin was the minister and Stella was the DG of NCAA, the reporters would rather call for the head of the NCAA DG! While I don't want to hold forte for Mrs Stella, it's obvious that the same people that champion this 'Remove Her Crusade' are the same people asking for the removal of almost all Igbo cabinet members (unfortunately, these Igbo cabinet members are among the best performing members).

I've learned that here on NL it's only marketable if it the label reads Igbos in bad light.

Melaye should explain how he automatically rose into a billionaire in 4years in the House.

Tell me what you like, but hear a clear truth.

Are u a learner? Must u quote d whole post just 2 type dis gibberish? IF u have anythng against dino melaye,take ur case 2 d court of law or better still create a topic for it here on nairaland and u and ur fellow sympathisers can lambast him all u want.
The issue at hand is buying armoured cars at an exhorbitant and inflated amount of abt 225million naira. Does it make sense in dis present day naija? Is she guilty?
Pls stop shifting goal posts.
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by McLuhan(m): 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
Erelu_Y: This is why NIGERIA WILL NEVER EVER PROGRESS. Nigerians deploy argumentum ad hominem (ignoring the substance of an argument to attack the personality behind the argument), a low level mental reasoning, to justify wrongdoings. Can Odua's alleged purchase of these BPCs with public fund be justified at a time of national infrastructural decay in almost every sector (health, education, etc)? No! The point is this: if Melaye is allegedly guilty of the same crime, then let the public stage a similar protest, and let them both be brought to justice.
Brilliantly expressed! Indeed, can such a display of ostentation be justified at this time when every sector in Nigeria is on the verge of collapse? To put it differently, the question is not whether the purchase of bulletproof cars passed through due process. The question is: Is such an acquisition conscionable in a country where passenger planes are falling like bombs from the skies and where university lecturers have been on strike for more than three months on account of unpaid wages?
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by buoye1(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
Up naija....where powerful polithiefcians goes free nd a common man being purnished 4 unknw reasns
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by koladebrainiac(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
things have noticed about Jonathans supporters and co is that. if they are guilty of a crime they will result into discredit you. no wonder El Rufai said thatt even if Jesus diagree with Jonathan policies, Abati would come and say Jesus Christ has a kid
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by 99100(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
Melaye = bigot +hypocrite.
Like it or leave it Stella is d best aviation minister Naija has ever had.
#the Princess must stay#
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by kcpumping(m): 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
McLuhan: It is rather curious that the police arrested Mr Melaye but left his machete-wielding opponents. While I have absolutely no sympathy for the former legislator and while I remain unconvinced about the altruism of his motives, I am nonetheless repulsed by the open bias exhibited by the police team ostensibly sent to maintain order during the protests. When will our police officers learn that they are not appendages to political office holders and that they should not feel beholden to one party in a conflict?

I should not suppose nairaland is a forum for grammar bt for intellectuals with indept knowledge about any topic available for deliberation.....now, how long shall will continue to wallow in tribalism and hatred for other tribe? Even in d churches tribalism is d order of d day,while I strongly condemned the purchase of 255m worth of cars I also would want to ask the following ?s
Where was melaye when otedola dashed farouk 23b?
Where was melaye when Bankole, ete ,gbenga ,to mention Bt a few left office with so many corrupt practices as read in d dailies
Where was melaye when obusonjo dealt with 14b power fund?
Infact am tired of this country called Nigeria........#teamdividedwestand#
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by JuanDeDios: 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
1MCN:
This reporter just canonized the Melaye-led protesters absolute Saints. Some people had the priviledge of watching the video clip of the protest and saw the both parties.
Again, Melaye also acquired a Bulletproof car while he enjoyed his short stay in the HoR. Maybe his protest is, 'Stella, why did you acquire a more expensive BPC?'
Did I hear about 20 cars?!

What I notice in this whole debacle is that the SR gave a very detailed report of the entire stuff and because of their too obvious ethno-tribal curvature, surreptitiously roped Mrs Oduah into it by saying she 'forced' the agency to acquire.... Trust me, if Fola Akin was the minister and Stella was the DG of NCAA, the reporters would rather call for the head of the NCAA DG! While I don't want to hold forte for Mrs Stella, it's obvious that the same people that champion this 'Remove Her Crusade' are the same people asking for the removal of almost all Igbo cabinet members (unfortunately, these Igbo cabinet members are among the best performing members).

I've learned that here on NL it's only marketable if it the label reads Igbos in bad light.

Melaye should explain how he automatically rose into a billionaire in 4years in the House.

Tell me what you like, but hear a clear truth.
I'm surprised you accept the report as detailed but reject the line about "forcing" the agency to acquire the cars. Maybe you know something I don't. I read SR and I don't have a very very high opinion of them, but I think accusing them of ethnic bias is inaccurate. In fact, I think it's low. You can accuse them of many things but "tribalism" is certainly not one of them. It's those who have been asking Nigerians to leave Mrs Oduah alone and calling her the best aviation minister rather than call for a thorough investigation by the security agencies that I find to be riding the ethnic bus in this matter.

What we have here is a prima facie case of wrongdoing. What we need is an investigation - by the police or EFCC of ICPC. Not the panel Jonathan is setting up since administrative panels have no power to investigate criminal matters under Nigerian law. Why am I even bothering? This is Nigeria.

PS: Your post contains some baseless allegations. I don't know where you people get this grand conspiracy against Igbos from.
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by masu: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
Juan_De_Dios:
I'm surprised you accept the report as detailed but reject the line about "forcing" the agency to acquire the cars. Maybe you know something I don't. I read SR and I don't have a very very high opinion of them, but I think accusing them of ethnic bias is inaccurate. In fact, I think it's low. You can accuse them of many things but "tribalism" is certainly not one of them. It's those who have been asking Nigerians to leave Mrs Oduah alone and calling her the best aviation minister rather than call for a thorough investigation by the security agencies that I find to be riding the ethnic bus in this matter.

What we have here is a prima facie case of wrongdoing. What we need is an investigation - by the police or EFCC of ICPC. Not the panel Jonathan is setting up since administrative panels have no power to investigate criminal matters under Nigerian law. Why am I even bothering? This is Nigeria.

PS: Your post contains some baseless allegations.

investigate who ? Stella ODua or NCAA boss.
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by Pacesetter2: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Like a poster said if Melaye is guilty of same crime, exposed him. We've let tribalism overtaken over sense of reasoning in Nigeria.

To Oduah and her spokesman abi wetin dem give am, if Melaye is guilty stage yours and even arrest him. Silly tribalistic corrupt possessor of power
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by olabukola: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
Is he confirming the Fresh Air from police reform?
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by JuanDeDios: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
masu:

investigate who ? Stella ODua or NCAA boss.
You don't witch hunt PEOPLE. You investigate CRIMES. Investigate the N255m for two BMW scandal and call in everyone whose names come up for questioning. It's after questioning that you indict those suspected of involvement if a crime is established.
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by PointB: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
Baba_Eleko: This is the first time i'm hearing "Nigeria Police" and "Professionalism" in the same sentence. shocked Something is very fishy and meaty!!!!

What does Dino do these days for a living?

Well, I tell you the guy is a Ghana-Must-Go activist and some of you doubted. Melaye is a fvctard who looks after his own interest. He was paid by the aviation cabal to make noise; he is not convinced he is doing the right thing because he is NOT!

If you want more noise from him, you'll need to part with more funds. It's simple Ghana-Must-Go activism!
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by Exjoker(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
McLuhan: It is rather curious that the police arrested Mr Melaye but left his machete-wielding opponents. While I have absolutely no sympathy for the former legislator and while I remain unconvinced about the altruism of his motives, I am nonetheless repulsed by the open bias exhibited by the police team ostensibly sent to maintain order during the protests. When will our police officers learn that they are not appendages to political office holders and that they should not feel beholden to one party in a conflict?
Dont u tink dat de police were scared to confront de armed pro-udoahs??
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by PointB: 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2013

Machete-wielding indeed. I guess that would only be in the figment of Shaliar Reporters and their agents.

Meanwhile have we forgotten the very popular sahara reporter forgery?

http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men
www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by Akiika: 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
This country is in serious trouble.....if people dish out gibberish like these in support of criminals in power. Sometimes i kind of conclude that Nigerians gets the kind of leaders they deserve.
Continue enjoying the suffer head!
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by Akiika: 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
DonHummer:
.this whole thing makes me laff,, a former house of rep member calling someone a thief, ..for me seems the lady stepped on toes nd thats the reason behind the turnout of events..
In naija as long as u are into politics u are a thief...no politician should open their mouth to accuse another...
if am the efcc chairman i dont even need to carry out any investigation on any politician,,as long as u once had a post u are going to jail for the sins u commited

OlowoB:

That exactly is d point. They are all thieves including dino melaye and stella oduah, but d unwritten RULE is don't get caught.
Dino melaye was not caught in d act, soif stella happens 2 be an amateur at stealing and gets caught should we spare her simply based on d assumtion dat all oda political office holders are thieves without actually been caught?

So, everyone should just keep mute since they are all corrupt? Does Dino Melaye being corrupt make what he's protesting unjustifiable? Dino may be corrupt, but he's the one that had the gut to stand up to Dimeji Bankole's atrocities in the house then. So, let me get this staright, he steals but despises others that steal too. Do you guys even think of the future of your kids?
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
kolawaxxy: see this ewu. So we should overlook her crime just because she's from your tribe abi? And what crime is there in voicing out your discontent? Ewu
There is nothing tribal about his statement, Dino is a fast becoming a nuisance
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
they have shown him his own corruption papers!!!
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by itsmine: 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
kekakuz: they learnt the hard way fom yusufs case
you mean BokoHaram? mtcheeeew
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by todayguest(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
Patiently waiting the version from Garri Fm. Lol.
Re: Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism by meforyou1(m): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2013
Stella Odua didnt acquire any vehicle. DG NCAA (a yoruba man) did.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu 2023: Call For Onoh To Join Enugu Governorship Race Thickens / 2023: Amaechi Woos APC Delegates in Abuja, Says "I will treat you like a State" / Fix Weak Labour Market, IMF Warns Nigeria, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.