Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

Females Are More Matured Than Males - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Females Are More Matured Than Males (14514 Views)

Are Females More Caring Than Males / Are Female Children Generous Than Males? / Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by EejaNla01(m): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Op modify topic. not clear
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
coogar:

it's true till at least the mid-20s in most cases. women don't usually date below their level so they get to be with the bigger boys in their teens while their male counterparts are still stuck with prepubescent girls. besides, girls mature physically faster than boys so the statement is true to an extent until the boys get into it & leave the girls in their wake.

I don't think she was alluding to maturing physically.

Regardless, maturity is subjective and most people don't understand what it's about. I'd say maturity is just as cliché as people throw the word "intelligent" around. However, women tend to be more superficial not more matured.

I honestly don't know how emotional people can be matured, tbh. Yes, on the outside, but once you get closer to them, you would find out that the brain of a 35 years old woman, is no different from that of a 19 years old.

3 Likes

Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by nerodenero: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sagamite: Wetin be the definition of maturity in the first place?
Google is at your fingertip.
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by segzicres(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
True to some extent
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by eddyvilla: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Its not a subjective opinion rather its psychological. During early age of growth, the female child grow faster than the male child both in terms of physical attributes and also in other mental qualities, but later, the male child tend to catch up with the female child and many a time pass her in growth and development
Nonso23: As much i think it's a subjective opinion i quite agree with you.
I also like to believe the reason is due to the societal contribution to the upbringing of the girl child. It's not strange to see a little girl playing with dolls, changing and making clothing for it, keeping the doll house clean and arranged and getting really concerned should her doll get as much as a surface scratch; but boys at the same age on the other hand are off playing video games or football and generally living in the moment. This early childhood leisure engagements instills the spirit of responsibility in a girl child at an early age while instilling the instincts of survival in the boys. This responsibility lead girls to form cliques in order to voice and share their insecurities and hence getting more mature a lot earlier than their male counterparts. Boys catching up later is just another phase for their development when they find out that plans are important if they are ever going to amount to anything at all in life. Then the survival instincts accumulated over their playful years kick in but this time in a more rational and well thought-out pattern instead of usual impulsive response.
Well, it all boils down to how the human society has set standards required to be fulfilled by both sexes.
#epistle
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Acting more matured and being more matured are two different things. I think what you meant to say is that Ladies grow up faster than men and they tend to rich their peak faster than men. That's why they marry guys that are older than them. Most of my classmates in secondary school are married and if i didn't know them, upon seeing them, i would call them Aunty. I also find it funny that girls my age see me as younger than them and probably don't know i'm their age mates and that's because they act matured while i keep acting both matured and childish.

3 Likes

Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by daylae(m): 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
maybe more reckless instead. also read an article about some research which conclusions suggested that women are very good at multitasking than men,but i still think these things has more to do with individuals, regardless of gender.
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by eyenCalabar(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
To some extent. But then how can one really defines maturity in terms of growth? Women's maturity to the men is just in terms of growth, that is physical growth. But when we are talking about real maturity, it has to do with a person's mental state. And women here can never ever come close to men.
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Are females generally more MATURE than males?
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by joshuaidibia(m): 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
We let them think they are d matured or d ones ontop. We pretend 2b shy nd stupid so they think they are in control. So they'l have dat womanly feeling of been in control. But in the end,wel, y'all know who's rili matured. MALES ............ N.B but,sm males are nt matured sha.
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by princyunlimited(m): 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
actualy speakin in terms of physical growth a lady may seem more matured dan a male of d same age buh it terms of mental maturity i belive males ar more mature dan females of d sam ageactualy speakin in terms of physical growth a lady may seem more matured dan a male of d same age buh it terms of mental maturity i belive males ar more mature dan females of d sam ageactualy speakin in terms of physical growth a lady may seem more matured dan a male of d same age buh it terms of mental maturity i belive males ar more mature dan females of d sam age
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by styleewhite(m): 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
i totally disagree with dat,,,,come to tink of it,,,,,according to Abraham maslow,,,,as an individual is born,,,,,d individual has a task a certain age,,,now do gals get to d tasks b4 d guys at the ryt tym,,,nope,,,,guys attain every of the goals wen it is d ryt tym,,,,starting from driving tyres to making it in life,,,,,,and dat riding tyres wen it is tym is d developmental milesstone at dat time and other milestone follows gradually,,,,,and dat is why wen it also comes to performing task guys do well more than the gals,,,have you wondered why men have more self confidence than the females,,,,,research on Abraham maslow's hierachy of needs and sigmund freud developmental theories
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by kambili999(f): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
jay bee: Emotional or behavioural?
'generally'
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by cluewebhost(m): 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
ebamma: madam equalise na match them play?

na match o, "Battle of the Sexes"
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
The simple way to contexualise this theory/question is this: Girls generally get introduced to sexuality and sexual experiences/encounters before (or more than) their male peers, and this is often with much older people. You'd be shocked by how many 14 year old girls are already phucking their 30 year old teachers and 40 year old principals, while receiving sweet enticement from countless agbayas in their neighbourhood and elsewhere. This continues all the way to early adulthood. These experiences invariably expand girls' orientations and emotional maturity. Boys don't get to 'enjoy' such experiences for the most part. . .until they become adults and the equation begins to balance gradually.

That is the basis for the perceived differences in maturity and experience between females and males in teenage years and early adulthood.

2 Likes

Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by ITbomb(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tgirl4real: From my observation, I think women are usually more matured than men of the same age. But, when they get to a certain age, the men catch up and become more matured.

What do you guys think?
This is elementary Biology nah .
What the hell is going on in the frontpage

1 Like

Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by kambili999(f): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
ebamma: mature as in, sex wise or money wise, or maga wise?
smh
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by free2ryhme: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tgirl4real: From my observation, I think women are usually more matured than men of the same age. But, when they get to a certain age, the men catch up and become more matured.

What do you guys think?

y wont they be more mature when they've been having sexual intercourse with their papa mate
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by saintneo(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okay........d'accord
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by mister419: 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
just more bitchy cheesy
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by mister419: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
ITbomb:
This is elementary Biology nah .
What the hell is going on in the frontpage

grin
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2013

What do you guys think?

Your "observation" is flawed by your rule. You said women are usually more matured than men of the same age(constant) and yet said when men get to a particular stage, they're more matured than women, how come?. By your first logic, as long as women are in "that certain stage" that men attain, they'll be more matured than men, no?.

I think your "OBSERVATION" sucks, no pun intended

My opinion though wink
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Duh obviously, we females are more matured than those male babies cheesy grin
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
mister419: just more bitchy cheesy

Sharap!
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by Reelsteel: 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
[quote author=Tgirl4real]From my observation, I think women are usually more matured than men of the same age. But, when they get to a certain age, the men catch up and become more matured.

What do you guys think?[/quote

Women of the same age with men tend to be more exposed, and experienced because they started hanging out with men twice there age early in life.
But that does not mean they would make better life decisions nor does it guarantee quicker success in life.
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by bamssy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
i agree...bt d most foolish decisions cums 4rm dem eg eve wt d forbidden fruit
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by kodewrita(m): 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
Yes, 3 reasons:

1. Cultural burden: We force girls to be responsible, know how to cook and stuff. As such they end up having more basic life skills than boys.

2. The Sex game: Men/Boys start chasing them once their chest starts developing any hint of curvature. As such they get a handle on this sex thing earlier than boys and as observers (instead of hunters like men) they tend to be able to draw useful conclusions about the sex game earlier.

3. Fertility clock: They have limited time to produce children and as such, they feel the passage of time more than men and will take action usually to seize the day compared to men who dont mind playing around for a long while before developing a modicum of responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by ablyguy(m): 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
xynerise: Yes, because girls get matured advices at a tender age while we boys were busy riding tyres on the street

O boy! I ride tire die eh. Even naked under the rain. It was bliss!

1 Like

Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by crackhaus: 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2013

What do you guys think?
That part answers your question perfectly. Although the time when men become really matured is when we start having a sense of responsibility, that point when we feel the need to be responsible for someone else other than ourselves.
Mind you, I'm not talking about having a girlfriend and buying her stuff...that is so not maturity, it's a lot more complicated than that.

As one wise man said, "Women are really smarter than we think they are, but not as smart as they think they are.
Re: Females Are More Matured Than Males by kskpoundz(m): 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
frm my own perspective,we men are the once behind their maturity.
Aside frm d parents upbringing,u can imagine a guy of 25 abov wit a mature brain dating a grl of 17 or there about,dnt u tink d grl wil be automaticaly matured than d guy of dsame age huh? I believe we so much contributes to dat their maturity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Which Area In Ibadan Has Stable And Constant Electricity? / Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. / Surehome Marriage Seminar: How To Spice Up Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.