Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

3 Things You Love About Islam - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 3 Things You Love About Islam (16836 Views)

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Things They Wont Tell You About Islam (infidel Christians, Atheists, Pagans Etc) / What Do You Love About Islam ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Stlatyv(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2013
xclusive43:

Islam is a religion of peace... U dnt judge it by what the people do..... U judge it by what we Muslims were asked to do...
Some people are just Muslims by names... But they re nt practicing Muslims....
jazakalahukhairan. U'v said it al. Islam is nothn bt peace nd unity wit muslims nd non muslim. Poor nd rich pray solat 2geda,fast 2geda,go 2 hajj 2geda nd same burial format. Jst gyv me one thing dat distinguish a rich 4rm d poor in islam? Non. Am a born,live nd die muslim insha.Allah

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by tunshe: 11:19am On Oct 25, 2013
am_joseph19:
Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992: - "Fight everyone in the
way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in
Allah."
Peaceful religion indeed.

Whats Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992 you quoted? Is it a verse of the bible?
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by busterr(m): 11:21am On Oct 25, 2013
Well, absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by lastmessenger: 11:22am On Oct 25, 2013
Jihad and child marriage is what i love most

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Beaf1: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2013
@ original OP

Thanks for posting this. Islam is indeed simple and beautiful.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Beaf1: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2013
@ OP

Thanks for posting this. Islam is indeed simple and beautiful.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by hok4u(f): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2013
tthamza:

Your prayer is ANSWERED! Because HE is sameeool du'a & Mujeebhool da'awati.
ameen.thanks
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by badmeat(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2013
I think islam is a good religion,they have a testimony of JESUS CHRIST and other prophets of GOD,my only problem with islam is that it does not give freedom to people,some islamic country wud not allow u practise ur religion freely in their country,and converting people seems to be rooted on the premises of fear,my friend from katsina told me he wud behead d son if he converts to any religion!as for terrorism,the day faithful moslems rise against terrorism dats when it will stop!

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Mintayo(m): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2013
hok4u: I LOVE SO MANY THINGS ABOUT ISLAM,
FIRST THING IS THE UNIVERSALITY OF ISLAM,ALL MUSLIMS ALL OVER THE WORLD PRAY IN THE SAME WAY,FACING THE SAME PLACE CALLED THE KAABA.
SECOND THING IS THAT I DONT NEED ANY MIDDLE PERSON TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY GOD,I CAN TALK TO HIM DIRECTLY,ALLAH SAYS HE IS CLOSER TO US THAN OUR SKIN.
LASTLY,THE HOLY BOOK OF QURAN.IT HAS THE SAME CONTENTS ALL OVER THE WORLD,NO NEW OR OLD TESTAMENT,NO LAST EDITION-ALLAHU AKBAR ISLAM IS THE BEST.
ISLAM IS THE BEST,I LOVE THAT RELIGION DIE.I AM A MUSLIM AND PRAYS TO DIE AS A MUMIN AND ALSO MY ENTIRE GENERATION TILL THE END OF THE WORLD.
JUMAAT MUBARAK TO ALL MUSLIMS.
One thing i love about Islam is that,it made me study my Bible very well.
Another thing i love abt islam is that it can not do without the Bible,it will always reference it,whether good or bad just as the person i quoted above has done.
Lastly,i love Islam because its helps me hold tight to my belief,as in very tightly without wavering!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Beaf1: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2013
am_joseph19:
Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992: - "Fight everyone in the
way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in
Allah."
Peaceful religion indeed.

Is this from Bible? What is "Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992"

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Polio: 11:30am On Oct 25, 2013
Fasting

Simplicity

Zakat

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by pastorprosper(m): 11:31am On Oct 25, 2013
1. Amputation of peoples limbs when they steal. I think thats very sweet.
2. Ocassional bombing of people specially when they don't agree with our views. That is very lovely.
3. We can marry children as young as 13. I think that is very kind of Islam. grin grin Allahamdullahi!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Mintayo:
One thing i love about Islam is that,it made me study my Bible very well.
Another thing i love abt islam is that it can not do without the Bible,it will always reference it,whether good or bad just as the person i quoted above has done.
Lastly,i love Islam because its helps me hold tight to my belief,as in very tightly without wavering!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Sissie(f): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2013
Shollyps: DATS because ALL TERRORIST ARE MUSLIMS BT NT ALL MUSLIM ARE TERRORIST

This is so dumb a reply, Adolf Hitler, Jim Jones, Joseph kony are all Muslims?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by SwTonia(f): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2013
They are very dedicated

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Bsmartt(m): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2013
The uniqueness, the truthfulness and the way Muslims worship.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by tunshe: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2013
pastor prosper :
1. Amputation of peoples limbs when they steal. I think thats very sweet.
2. Ocassional bombing of people specially when we don't agree with their views. That is very lovely.
3. We can marry children as young as 13. I think that is very kind of Islam. grin grin Allahamdullahi!

I would have ignored you like others but on a second thought I could help expose your shallow depth of reasoning.

1. The sharia law encourage cutting of the palm for thieves with proofs in an ideal Islamic state where everyone is well taken care of. The logic behind this is to serve as deterents for people and gives a culprit an opportunity to seek repentance from God.
Remember the ALUU 4 would still be alive now and their innocence would have been proven in an ideal Islamic state.

What does Christainity provide?
Bible says in Mark 9 verse 43 "if your hand causes you to sin,cut it off. its better to enter eternal life withonly one hand than go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands".
Your pastor wont tell you this exists in the bible.

Also check Mathew 5:30,Mathew 18:8,Mathew 5:29

2 and 3 has been dissected earlier by knowledgeable Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2013
I am a christian, born and presently in the north....but I love
1) The Burial rites.. (No long tin, bury the dead and move on)
2) They can be accomodating (however I don't know if this is a 'Hausa' thing or religion, and this does not refer to the fanatics oº°˚! )
3) I like how some of the ladies are decently dressed, yet attractive. My boss (a muslim) bought us all Jalabiya's from Saudi, I wore mine last friday to work, I also tied my headtie like a hijab. I was covered, but I was still admired by so many people! wink wink...

5 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by ummsulaym(f): 11:57am On Oct 25, 2013
Really, if you want to quote or reply every fool, intruder and ignorant on NL especially on my dear ''Islam for muslims'', you are gonna end up regretting the time wasted and ofcourse, your MB... Secondly, some people brain and sence of reasoning reads 39/100*fair enough but that an 'F9'* and now, when you reply such people, you add a point to their sences making them read up to 40/100, a pass fa.. Well, I cant risk that, so am sorry if I dnt quote or reply any Islam hater here... Am really soryy..

Back to Op,
1. shahada cuz I would have ignorantly distorted the fundamental pillar of not just Islam but existence... I would have been madly engrossed with the duty of equating 3 to 1 till I die and thrown into the lake of fire...

2. Salat : you don't understand what it means when you are not among people who catch fun to praise God*Subhanallah* or people who shout and command God as if HE is my mate or our last born... Someone who will kneel to greet and request from her elders but when it comes to GOD, na shout, no prostration but na dancing things..

3. Qur'an ... I type it again, Qur'an... You don't understand what it means to be given a BOOK in Allah's SWT word*Allahuakbar*... Not a book written by people after the demise of the prophet o... A book that cannot be 'revised' and free of 'songs of solomon'... A comprehensive book given to all but accepted by the rightly guided...
***ISLAM, I love you, and will ever do***

feel free to quote or reply me but mind you, no time and MB to waste o so I wont borther replying... #sneezes......*ALHAMDULILAH*

5 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by tunshe: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2013
gezzyvinci: auntie....all muslims r killers or hv or ll hv killers in dia lineage.....i dont trust none of y'all.....

A product of Religious intolerance,injected with hatred minus common sense plus zombie like personality.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by cashkid419(m): 11:57am On Oct 25, 2013
Beaf!:

^
Thank you sister. If ALL Muslims in this world have this mindset of killing in the name of Islam or killing to get salvation then there will be few or no Christians left. We have a very large population remember?

This is very simple.
n if all christian countries lyk u.s.a ,germany,italy,france n israel wil to be kilin muslims,dont u tink islam wud gone to an extinction..i wonder wat wud hv been d fate of dis world if a country like iran wia to b d world power lyk d u.s.a,eveybody wud hv been forcefully b converted to islam n those who refuse wil b executed

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by AbuMikey(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2013
gboss4sure:

seriously?

I can attest to that wink

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by tunshe: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2013
tchidi: I am a christian, born and presently in the north....but I love
1) The Burial rites.. (No long tin, bury the dead and move on)
2) They can be accomodating (however I don't know if this is a 'Hausa' thing or religion, and this does not refer to the fanatics oº°˚! )
3) I like how some of the ladies are decently dressed, yet attractive. My boss (a muslim) bought us all Jalabiya's from Saudi, I wore mine last friday to work, I also tied my headtie like a hijab. I was covered, but I was still admired by so many people! wink wink...

I am convinced that there are good Christains on nairaland.

Thanks for sharing and wish you sucess in your endeavour.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by wellmax(m): 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
tunshe:

I would have ignored you like others but on a second thought I could help expose your shallow depth of reasoning.

1. The sharia law encourage cutting of the palm for thieves with proofs in an ideal Islamic state where everyone is well taken care of. The logic behind this is to serve as deterents for people and gives a culprit an opportunity to seek repentance from God.
Remember the ALUU 4 would still be alive now and their innocence would have been proven in an ideal Islamic state.

What does Christainity provide?
Bible says in Mark 9 verse 43 "if your hand causes you to sin,cut it off. its better to enter eternal life withonly one hand than go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands".
Your pastor wont tell you this exists in the bible.
Also check Mathew 5:30,Mathew 18:8,Mathew 5:29
2 and 3 has been dissected earlier by knowledgeable Nairalanders.

Very well said. But this is what I call the Lack of understanding of The Holy Scriptures -BIBLE. Come to think of it, do we go with our earthly bodies to eternity? Would we have disabled people or amputees in the life after?
The Bible here is speaking proverbially, that you do away with things that will make you miss the Kingdom of God. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by vipers: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
I love islam alot as. u can c what d boko haram boys re doing to peoples lives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Shaykh Fawzaan Interrupts His Lecture To Stop People From Taking Pictures / How Prophet Muhammad Applied Jokes / 5 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.