Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA (14292 Views)

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by donclark(m): 4:06am On Oct 25, 2013
The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority on Thursday told the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation that the Ministry of Aviation approved the controversial purchase of the N255m bulletproof cars for Ms Stella Oduah.

The Director of Aerodrome in the NCAA, Mr. Joyce Nkem-Akonam, made this known during the committee’s public sitting in Abuja.

Nkem-Akonam, who handled the transaction as the acting managing director of the NCAA, had made spirited efforts to defend the purchase.

He told the committee members that since “Leased financing, not direct financing, was adopted to procure the vehicles,” the agency breached no law.

When asked if leased financing was not a commitment that the NCAA would still pay for the vehicles, he said it did not mean that it was extra-budgetary spending.

Facing a barrage of questions from the committee members, he later said the NCAA got approval from the Aviation ministry.

• BPE faults NCAA, says it wasn’t contacted

But, the Bureau for Public Procurement faulted him when it disputed the claim that the contract for the cars followed due process.

An official of the BPP, who represented the Director-General, Mr. Ayo Aderigbigbe, told the committee that no ministry had powers to approve any expenditure above N100m.

“A ministerial tenders board can approve expenditure of N100m and below, but if it is above N100m, it must go before the Federal Executive Council,” he explained.

The BPP official also surprised the committee members when he disclosed that the agency was never contacted by the NCAA over the car purchase.

He said, “We have nothing to forward to the committee on this matter. We have no information on the purchase of the two vehicles or the contract in question.”

The Director-General of the NCAA, Capt. Fola Akintuotu, had earlier told the committee that he was not in charge of affairs when the transaction took place.

He said he assumed duties on August 14, after the expenditure had been done.

But there was a mild drama when the committee asked him whether the earlier explanation of the minister’s aide (Joe Obi) that the cars were bought because the life of Oduah was in danger was correct.

“I can’t speak for the SA(Special Adviser) to the minister,” he responded.

Again, he was asked whether a minister was entitled to the type of protection the cars were meant to serve.

To this, he said, “I believe that is a hypothetical question and I cannot answer it.”

http://www..com/2013/10/bmw-bullet-proof-car-scandal-stella.html
http://www.punchng.com/news/oduah-approved-purchase-of-n255m-bulletproof-cars-ncaa/
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by otokx(m): 5:09am On Oct 25, 2013
Even Pilate is now trying to wash his hands off the matter? The reps should give Ms Stella Oduah more time to return from Israel and defend herself.

1 Like

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by idonchop: 5:28am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Codedeben: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2013
Don't you people understand simple english?
This is purely "an attack from our detractors, APC" and its an "Act of God". SIMPLE!

This Akintuotu guy has sold out. He must be an APC member
The Director-General of the NCAA, Capt. Fola Akintuotu,
had earlier told the committee that he was not in charge
of affairs when the transaction took place.
He said he assumed duties on August 14, after the
expenditure had been done.
But there was a mild drama when the committee asked
him whether the earlier explanation of the minister’s
aide (Joe Obi) that the cars were bought because the life
of Oduah was in danger was correct.
“I can’t speak for the SA(Special Adviser) to the
minister,” he responded.
Again, he was asked whether a minister was entitled to
the type of protection the cars were meant to serve.
To this, he said, “I believe that is a hypothetical question
and I cannot answer it.”

When Fed Govt can not afford striking lecturers money, just imagine how much a single ministry was planning to spend on just vehicles alone. How many ministries do we have? Imagine each of them spending 1b naira only on UTILITIES.
You can see why we shouldn't blame the presidency for wanting to spend 1b naira on feeding.
N1bn committed to cars by NCAA
These included the controversial N255m bulletproof
cars.
The total budget approved by the National Assembly for
NCAA’s vehicles this year is N240m.
The National Assembly’s figure (N240m) is for 25
vehicles, excluding the two bulletproof cars.

The Aviation committee, which worked on the budget of
the agency, had rejected the NCAA’s request to buy the
bulletproof cars.
The NCAA later side-tracked the National Assembly to
seek the approval of the Ministry of Aviation to
purchase the cars.
More revelations indicated that the NCAA applied to buy
each of the bulletproof cars at N70m.
However, it later opted to pay N127.5m for each car,
totalling N255m for the two.
This brought the “extra-budgetary” expenditure of the
NCAA on vehicles this year to N643.1m.

when number of jobless graduates. Increases exponentially every 3 months.

This Onyejeocha check her background, she must be an Ofemmanumanu married to an Ibo person. She's an embarrassment to her tribe for saying this (oh pardon me I must have comprehension problem cos she said NCAA. Meanwhile, NCAA is autonomous, so the minister shouldn't be roped into this, she and her ministry wouldn't have had anything to do with the purchase)
The committee, which is headed by Mrs. Nkiruka
Onyejeocha, said the “NCAA clearly committed an
illegality and breached the 1999 Constitution by
spending without appropriation by the National
Assembly.”
The committee later ruled that Oduah must appear
unfailingly on Tuesday.

Please someone should tell this man to go and sit down or does he want to be reminded that Fashola also bought 3 200million naira jeeps (maybe from Innoson since there's no documented proof)?
The APC, in a statement by its Interim National Publicity
Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said it was most
unconscionable for anyone to blame the opposition for
the widespread outcry against “the monumental
corruption and abuse of office engendered by the
scandal.”

You people should leave this Madam alone, she has not done anything out of the ordinary. All these need to be done before we can actualise our dream of having more international airports in the country. Stop witch-hunting her. You should understand she has done what no1 has done, not even Prof. Dora or Okonjo.

I weep for the future of this country. We need leaders with conscience! And citizens who would always say NO to unpatriotic moves by our leaders irrespective of their ethniciity or religion.

17 Likes

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by nuclearboy(m): 6:03am On Oct 25, 2013
Damning!

Let's see what will come out of this - Litmus test and confirmation of what direction government has chosen to go! I hope he does the right thing and THEN, also goes after those who are his "enemies" so the war on corruption truly begins!

Maybe this is an answer to prayer, IF it will cause the start of recriminations even if for revenge purposes!

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by idupaul: 6:13am On Oct 25, 2013
What is wrong will alwayd be wrong .. I pity these NCAA staff as they must be tired of changing stories every ten minutes in order to be in the princess's good books if she survive this allegation of primitive fraud levelled against her
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by SouthernGuy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Wow!

Another day,another story!

Stella Oduah goofed big time!
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by drnoel: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Let them be washing their hands off the matter. As long as the right heads roll, we will keeping asking 4 justice..
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by drnoel: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Codedeben: Don't you people understand simple english?
This is purely "an attack from our detractors, APC" and its an "Act of God". SIMPLE!

When Fed Govt can not afford striking lecturers money, just imagine how much a single ministry was planning to spend on just vehicles alone. How many ministries do we have? Imagine each of them spending 1b naira only on UTILITIES.
You can see why we shouldn't blame the presidency for wanting to spend 1b naira on feeding.

This Onyejeocha check her background, she must be an Ofemmanumanu married to an Ibo person. She's an embarrassment to her tribe for saying this (oh pardon me I must have comprehension problem cos she said NCAA. Meanwhile, NCAA is autonomous, so the minister shouldn't be roped into this, she and her ministry wouldn't have had anything to do with the purchase)

Please someone should tell this man to go and sit down or does he want to be reminded that Fashola also bought 3 200million naira jeeps (maybe from Innoson since there's no documented proof)?

You people should leave this Madam alone, she has not done anything out of the ordinary. All these need to be done before we can actualise our dream of having more international airports in the country. Stop witch-hunting her. You should understand she has done what no1 has done, not even Prof. Dora or Okonjo.

I weep for the future of this country. We need leaders with conscience! And citizens who would always say NO to unpatriotic moves by our leaders irrespective of their ethniciity or religion.
Are u well, at all or u just want to be plain stupid. She messed up so she has 2 take the brunt.,...simple

3 Likes

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Temismith(f): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2013
Hmm undecided what a man can do............
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2013
Yooba!
:
. But there was a mild drama when the committee asked Fola Akinkuotu whether the earlier explanation of the minister’s aide (Joe Obi) that the cars were bought because the life of Oduah was in danger was correct.

“I can’t speak for the SA(Special Adviser) to the minister,” he responded.

Again, he was asked whether a minister was entitled to the type of protection the cars were meant to serve.
To this, he said, “I believe that is a hypothetical question and I cannot answer it.”
See How Fola AkinKuotu tey use wisdom parry the OduahGate ahahaha !!!

Omo-Yoruba ahhhhhh grin , I fear ooo !!!

Abi now, Person wey no follow them chop ''Gbi'' no suppose follow them die ''Gbi'' na ....... Na Oduah wey carry the sh.i.t come ,Na she go carry am go , kikiki grin

Fola Tuale there !!!

11 Likes

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by mcdokwe(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2013
Ok
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by chucky234(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2013
The fact that Stella Oduah is a certified thief is an open secret, we all know the bunkering activities of SPG, a company used by govt officials to trade our stolen crude.

1 Like

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by mcdokwe(m): 8:57am On Oct 26, 2013
Approved? Then small wahala, but if she MANDATED then her head should be cut off row
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by thompson1510(m): 8:57am On Oct 26, 2013

What is this one saying? undecided

What is this one saying?
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Artless360(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2013
Diz mata do tire me:::abeg mak una free diz woman jare::::na d first tym way person d theif moni b diz:::::haterz say wat u lik
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by sagytariusTM1: 8:58am On Oct 26, 2013
This ppl want get 0rgasm ontop this woman mata.

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 26, 2013
abeg where are deridegull sincerenika papabrowne and co to come and spin this cheesy cheesy

more acrobatics from the defenders of nigeria's best aviation minister ever cheesy cheesy
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by chucky234(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2013

People like you is the reason this great nation has remained stagnant for 53 years, it is only an insane man blinded by tribal sentiment that defends corruption.
Lets call a spade a spade and do away with tribal sentiment to move this nation forward, Stella is corrupt period.

9 Likes

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by jhydebaba(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2013
She'll get a national award for this, just watch shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by adejoro1988(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2013
Anytime i woke up early morning lyk dis..i felt so much rluctant to say God blss 9ja...coz some fool politician r dia swalow dis billions, so wot is now bless 4..All d way ASUU i beg..
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by iamswizz(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2013
Stella stays! Like it or not...
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2013
Temismith: Hmm undecided what a man can do............
Temismith can do better. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 26, 2013
Ok
oyb: abeg where are deridegull sincerenika papabrowne and co to come and spin this cheesy cheesy

more acrobatics from the defenders of nigeria's best aviation minister ever cheesy cheesy

Punch is crazy, the Op is crazy, including nairaland, where in the report does it say she approved it, them idi/ots knew Nigerians won't read the report only read the topic.

I advise nairalanders/nigerians not to totally believe reports from saharaReporters, punch, premiumtimes.
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by dheaven: 9:03am On Oct 26, 2013
You guys should leave this woman alone the money is too small compare to the billions others had been stealing.
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by buoye1(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2013
Which of the stories are we to believe now
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2013
Hmm, so what?
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2013

undecided So stealing is now a patriotic move? i pity your family.

2 Likes

Neyova: .
must you book space, nigga you are ftc grin grin grin grin grin grin whatta nice strategy cool cool cool
The best performing aviation minister ever, that's all
Re: Oduah Approved Purchase Of N255m Car - NCAA by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 26, 2013
dheaven: You guys should leave this woman alone the money is too small compare to the billions others had been stealing.
Its too difficult for some people to understand that its not even her own official car, but for visiting dignitaries.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Collects Taxes From Captured Towns In Borno, Yobe / Why Nigerians Are Angry With Buhari By Eddy Odivwri / Fulani Herdsmen Carry Out Revenge Attacks On Kogi Community, Kill 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.