Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos (14833 Views)

Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi / Another Cholera Outbreak Hits Bayelsa State, Death Toll Now 36 / Cholera Outbreak : 74 Confirmed Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by sheniqua: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
gbanikiti: I thought cholera is a water borne disease? I suspect the contaminated "abacha" is food poisoning and not cholera. I stand to be corrected though.
[size=18pt]

grin grin grin
Cholera is a type of food poisoning Nne[/size]

Others common ones are salmonella
Staph
Shigella
E. coli

Etc

1 Like

Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
My Mum actually buys Abacha whenever she goes to Cele bus-stop area.
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
[/quote]
lol, me too[quote author=BushyA55.Banger]I was thinkig of abacha the former president.
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Lilimax(f): 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
sheniqua: Let them not ban Abacha o
Why sad?
It's a nice delicacy most especially when prepared very well and garnished with dry fish smiley
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by sheniqua: 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Afam4eva: My Mum actually buys Abacha whenever she goes to Cele bus-stop area.

Please tell her to stop

The named victims were Yoruba
I didn't know Yorubas eat Abacha
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by gbanikiti(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo: To think that I'm preparing to make Abacha this morning. SMH!!
As long as you are the one preparing it, there are two things involved. Its either you wash the ingredients with dettol or you prepare it like that. If you wash it with dettol,you are safe.If you prepare it like that,there are two things involved.You either contact cholera or you contact malaria. If you contact malaria,you are safe. If you contact cholera,there is only one thing involved. YOU WILL KAPUT!!

grin grin
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Cahmegga: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
Allow the man rest naa...which wan con be Abacha again?
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by khamas19: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
Afam4eva: My Mum actually buys Abacha whenever she goes to Cele bus-stop area.

...that explains alot..
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by gbanikiti(m): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
sheniqua:
[size=18pt]

grin grin grin
Cholera is a type of food poisoning Nne[/size]

Others common ones are salmonella
Staph
Shigella
E. coli

Etc
How can cholera be a type of food poisoning? I never hear that one before o!

1 Like

Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by sheniqua: 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Cahmegga: Allow the man rest naa...which wan con be Abacha again?

Not the same pronunciation at all
No correlation with your dead dictator
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Abacha smiley

1 Like

Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by 190theclown: 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
even in death abacha is still killing people grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by sheniqua: 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
gbanikiti: How can cholera be a type of food poisoning? I never hear that one before o!

Now you know
I started a thread sometime ago to educate Nigerians on the term food poisoning of course it didn't make front page since there was no dead body involved

Educate yourself and educate others

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/06/26/8-kinds-food-poisoning-know-and-avoid

1 Like

Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by gbanikiti(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
sheniqua:

Now you know
I started a thread sometime ago to educate Nigerians on the term food poisoning of course it didn't make front page since there was no dead body involved

Educate yourself and educate others

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/06/26/8-kinds-food-poisoning-know-and-avoid
ok thanks for the info. I have learned something new today. cool
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Kingscee: Rubbish dem should leave the poor woman alone, nothing kills quicker than red oil soup and expired yam food (AMALA)

You just had to tribalise the thread, didn't you?

1 Like

Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Afrok(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
To those people dt can't cook their foods themselves whether it is sweet or not so far it is hygienic, nd to those dt finds it difficult to sit their asses down nd eat at home, i dey pity al of u. Back to 'Abacha', if trully 'abacha' dey cause d cholera so easily den more dan 70% of Abspoly students wud've being infected or dead, me inclusive wen i still dey school dere sha. Live in Aba nd enjoy ur 'abacha', cholera or no cholera. I wish dey'll find a lasting solution to d outbreak...
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by bayulll01(m): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
190-the-clown:
even in death abacha is still killing people grin grin
when are u going to stop ur stupiidity by writting in red,just to show ur self ehn
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by dominique(f): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Our very own typhoid Mary? lipsrsealed
I so hard eating raw foods like this outside. Most of these food handlers have hygiene as the last thing on their minds.
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by cashkid419(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
black jesus!!!abacha d formal president of nig is d cause of cholera outbreak in lagos shocked shocked
i hv always knwn northerners to b mean n wicked .i gv up on them sad sad

1 Like

Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by capip120(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
when. I opened this thread I was thinking of reading about sani abacha only to see that it is this African salad. haha I laughed the hell out of myself.
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by cashkid042(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
cashkid(419):
black jesus!!!abacha d formal president of nig is d cause of cholera outbreak in lagos shocked shocked
i hv always knwn northerners to b mean n wicked .i gv up on them sad sad
gringringringrin
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Chanchit: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
There was a time when I can't do without eating abacha almost eeveryday, I just grew out of it cos I dnt eat it no more.
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
sheniqua:

Please tell her to stop

The named victims were Yoruba
I didn't know Yorubas eat Abacha

And yet they will be talking trash against ibos.
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by ZUBY77(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
doctokwus: Quite hasty conclusion in my opinion;sounds more like d typical nigerian way of making decisions based on hear-say.
-They cudnt av collected samples of d abacha in question because am sure d cholera incidence(s) were not reported dat same day,days in which d woman must av exhausted her preparations on whc dey av hastily made a conclusion,so whc samples were tested that isolated d causative agent,though history itself I agree is quite important.
-Evn if d lady was d presumed source,cud it av come from her unhygienic handling while she was serving& not d "abacha" per se because dey av to conclusively prove in d first place that a cholera agent can thrive on dat particular preparation of abacha,knowing some agents don't thrive on particular meals
-Were d victims served from d same water source?Anoda possibility
-If pple cud see d way some food items are prepared in some bukas and eatery joints,pple wud b surprised that outbreaks are still minimal.
What d govt shud do is not to rush into dis kind of conclusion,if not,it may end up missing d real source whc may end up creating more havoc.

You are the only person who said reasonable things here.
I wont be surprised if this was tribally motivated.
Re: 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos by gregg2: 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lagos state govt should stop telling lies to the people and provide portable pipeborne water to Lagosians. Why will the state govt abandon Lagosians at the mercy of shallow Wells, MaiRuwa and 'pure' water?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Permanent Cure To Genital Warts Or Any Skin Tags / 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA / FG To Test 80million Nigerians For HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.