Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments (17124 Views)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release / Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2013
nerodenero: Senseless!!!
very senseless
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by chenu(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2013
Hourglass4real:
You know?I seriously don't understand what part of this issue you do not 'understand'. If per chance a mother gave birth to an slowpoke,does that mean she will feel its ok for others to call that child stupid or make found of him in public? A family that unfortunately has a lunatic as a son, will they not be offended if an outsider made joke about madness being in their linage? Just because u believe there are scammers does not give that man any right to crack joke about an entire country. Every hardworking nigerian has every right to feel offended by that remark!
meaningfull post thanks man.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by chenu(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2013
kabba7:

Was the senator lying .. yes or no . No long story.
are you a theif? Yes or no

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by boss1310(m): 9:33am On Oct 30, 2013
the mail i sent to his inbox will give him sleepless nites if he has read it

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by omar22(m): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2013
So when Oprah Winfrey called all Nigerians crooks
then some weeks later she said Genevieve is African's Julia Roberts,
Nigerians started acting as if Oprah is the next best thing since slice bread.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by chenu(m): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2013
chess guru:
Afam abeg relax. When I see you analyze fallaciously like this, I feel disappointed.
So let me get your opinion (of which you are soo free to have any you wish), you actually believe that the senator was right in the way he undiplomatically voiced his comment?
So the italians and the russians have a bad rep for being mafians. So do you thing it makes any iota of sense for a government person in the US to go up and make a disgusting joke about gangsterisim by mention the name "Italy" or "russia" in his sick joke.
For someone in such an important position to commit the most irritating and basic fallacy (fallacy of generalization) is surprising.
Its J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ like GEJ or senator mark giving his view on gun control, and then goes on to make a useless joke implying how americans are serial killers (based on the fact 8,583 deaths were
caused by firearms alone in 2011).
No nation has all positives. Take germany for example. You can either decide to respect the country for their culture of hard work, precision, discipline, and consistency, or hate them for starting the 2nd world war and their racism.
its J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ that most nigerians have no national identity. Its the reason why we can come online and talk nonsense about ourselves all in the name of being "REAL".

Bullshi*t!

No matter how bad your father is inside your home, will anyone in this forum sit back and fold his hands while some outside insults their father?
Or will you even join them and splash insult on your family after all, you are being "REAL"
It always amazes me why peeps on NL would pronounce war on ghanaians peeps who only echo your very own comments on nigeria. Its really amusing that you have a jolly good day bashing your country in "PUBLIC", but start vexing when others join you in bashing your country. Its like standing in a cyber market. And saying all day that "we are stupid! We are thieves", then start throwing tantrums when others in that same online community start calling you stupid or a thief.

Am not saying we don't have problems, and am not against us facing it "in-house" but celebrating other nations insult of OUR country all in the name of realism.... that's more than sad, its pathetic
thank u my brother

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by maxit2(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2013
All of you that quoted me are just very sick people.
The man did not call Nigerians fraudsters. There's a trend that any email proposing millions in lottery, inheritance and e.t.c is branded as a 419 email. Or what will you tell your mother should she come to you that she has won 1Million dollar online? You will definitely say 419.
Now, 419 is a criminal code in NIGERIA. While in Nigeria we don't refer to it as Nigerian 419, we just call it 419. But while in US,UK or anywhere else, one can safely call it Nigerian 419.
So what's the problem? The senator has no reason to apologize cos similar way we also make gest of the Chinese for anything fake or substandard. Why? Cos they have a reputation for supplying such fakes n substandard.
All of you hyprocrites should eat shiit and die abeg.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:55am On Oct 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
You obviously don't know the difference between spam and scam. There's a difference between someone sending a mail like "How to make $1 million dollars in 7 days" and someone just telling lies in order to scam you of your money without giving you any value. The former is just a marketing gimmick used by marketers to make their product look out of this world and they actually give you some value though not in the astronomical proportions eschewed in their mail. The latter is just a mail whereby people present themselves as something they're not and thereby dupe unsuspecting victims. Most of such mails are mostly and i repeat, mostly sent by Nigerians hence the reason it's called "Nigerian Email scam'.
Clickbank has many times screened out people off their system because of them being scammers. Many of their products make false claims with false statements of accounts. That is scamming and fraud.

By the way most email scams are carried out by spamming.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by maxit2(m): 9:55am On Oct 30, 2013
gratieao: Nigeria will never grow if we continue hidden criminals in our locality.
checkout of my signature and tell me why this news never hit front page since three days.
Tribal MODs repent and except Christ
Because you can't spell dumbazz
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2013
kabba7:

Was the senator lying .. yes or no . No long story.
Maybe Goodluck Jonathan should warn Nigerians of the American Shooters in America.

No beef, he will be saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:01am On Oct 30, 2013
Rossikk:

Excuse me while I FART to your ''explanatory excuses'' for US scams.

GET THIS INTO YOUR SKULL MR MAN. A SCAM IS A FCKING SCAM, however you want to twist it, turn it, and explain it in your usual double standards ''oyibo is my god'' crapsticks.

OBTAINING BY FALSE PRETENCES INCLUDES promising people instant riches and millions for signing up to your get-rich quick SCAM ''business opportunity'' ebook or dodgy MLM programme. Someone mentioned Craiglist. What about Clickbank? The sheer number of scams on that site is mind boggling. And then you claim it is ''only marketing''. Well, the Naija version is ''only psychological research''.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqV0ss3ms7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh5nu-d-7JY

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by kunletoks(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2013
Introducton to apology...
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Swiftboy(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2013
ighoosagie: Nobody should quote me pls

tongueNigerians should thank sen Cruz , becos a true friend is d one dat will tell u dat u ve a mouth odor.
For example I. See seun's wife with big stomach and I told mukina that I seun's wife is pregnant, seun becomes aggravated for telling on his wife. To me it mks no sense.

Instead of our leaders to tk dis embarrassing act as a challenge or challenges and as means to empower d youths, they rather compelling sen Cruz to Mk an apologia, Wat good would cruz's apologies mak ?

Would dat redeem our image frm ridicules dat our so called leaders ve created an avenue 4?
They ve made the youths very idle, and the idle man's mind is d okija juju workshop

I'm so ashamed on d manner wich I receive spams from nija boys on daily basis, with dumb repeated techniques

It's so sad that we Nigerians forget things easily, becos of dis saga, we forgot mata dat Matas most. Wat a shame on Nigerian youths who signed for cruz's apologia.instead of revolting against our leaders who ve brought shame and wasted d efforts of our heroes past.

This is a clear picture that d reason nija was removed frm d lottery list was becos of our fraudulent act and not d excuses we read.

on behalf of all sane nijans I use dis opportunity to say thank u sen Cruz for d reminder
oh if you see how well you've spoke my mind on this! I share in your opinion big time! We must strive as a nation to do all we can to better our lot than be angry at what people say about us!
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by otipoju(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2013
Proffdada: Apology not accepted till he adopts a Nigerian :me grin
I will name him "Oderinde"-original meaning is the hunter has strolled in but in this context, it will mean "the fool don waka come " after we change the "Ode" to "Ode"..m but this whole matter does not bother me because if person tey on top shit, na fly go come meet am there. We have laid our bed so let us lie on it.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2013
GustavoFring: Any Nigerian who comes here to claim Nigerians are not Internet scammers is a hypocrite of the highest order.

As if Yahoo Yahoo was not the biggest industry on University Campuses.

As if Maga don pay and Yahoozee did not top the music charts.

As if most of us don't know at least one Yahoo boy.

As if Cybercafes were not known to be scam factories.

Some of you people perform some serious mental gymnastics to hide the truth from yourselves!
So all the hard working people in the markets, companies, banks, construction sites, parks and hawkers all over the country working with their blood and sweat to make their lives better deserve to be tagged scammers because of some boys are scamming.

Why don't our leaders start calling Americans scammers with their get rich scams or muderers with their regular shootings.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Carsonv(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2013
GustavoFring: Any Nigerian who comes here to claim Nigerians are not Internet scammers is a hypocrite of the highest order.

Some of you people perform some serious mental gymnastics to hide the truth from yourselves!

Thank you for your RIGHT use of tenses! It's in the PAST (TENSE). Only a handful of young Nigeria are still into internet scam. Infact, it's no longer attractive to anyone. Ur uncle Cruz should not make statements that make it look like a bloodline heritage.

Afterall, we're still suffering the scam they playout daily on us through our leaders.

The bigot should just apologize!

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2013
maxi-t:
The man did not call Nigerians fraudsters. There's a trend that any email proposing millions in lottery, inheritance and e.t.c is branded as a 419 email. Or what will you tell your mother should she come to you that she has won 1Million dollar online? You will definitely say 419.
Now, 419 is a criminal code in NIGERIA. While in Nigeria we don't refer to it as Nigerian 419, we just call it 419. But while in US,UK or anywhere else, one can safely call it Nigerian 419.
So what's the problem? The senator has no reason to apologize cos similar way we also make gest of the Chinese for anything fake or substandard. Why? Cos they have a reputation for supplying such fakes n substandard.
The hypocrites I see are you and your Oyibo senator. Scamming is all over the world. Even American president George Bush lied and submitted false documents to go to war against Iraq.

If he wanted to make a scam joke, he should have said Email scammers, not Nigerian Email Scammers. angry

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Polio: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Why is Ted seeking peace meetings? For what? For referencing a fact or what
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2013
dirtymoney: He has even insulted Nigerians again........... So we cant diffrentiate between a joke and an insult? That dude must be high on a combination of tramadol, diazapan, emzloyn, totolyn, rocheez, priton and cannibis...

Nawa ooooo, Hw u take sabi the names of these drugs U b pharmacist?

Abi u dey.....
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Truckpusher(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2013
Unpatriotic Nigerians having a field day bashing their own country just because they've managed to go across the shores of Africa most of them with red eye.

When you go about saying negative things about your own country what do you expect foreigners to do?
Well for those of you that can't exist without breathing Western air and adoring the onyibo man's life to a point of stupidity ,the joke is on you because people like you will always get the backlash of Ted cruz's unguided statement. grin

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by stevecantrell: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2013
This Cruz guy is really serious about running in 2016. Too bad no election will hold that year.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Hourglass4real: 11:19am On Oct 30, 2013
chenu: meaningfull post thanks man.

U are welcome... and thank u too
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Hourglass4real: 11:38am On Oct 30, 2013
maxi-t:
Brother,this is where u got it wrong. How many countries senetor has ever gone public and called China products fake? The fact that they do produce fake does not mean they don't produce quality products as well. It is called diplomacy...someone in his position should choose his words carefully when in public to avoid putting his foot in his mouth or stepping on toes... That's all

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: So all the hard working people in the markets, companies, banks, construction sites, parks and hawkers all over the country working with their blood and sweat to make their lives better deserve to be tagged scammers because of some boys are scamming.

Why don't our leaders start calling Americans scammers with their get rich scams or muderers with their regular shootings.

Where did he tag all these people you have mentioned?

He made reference to Nigerian email scammers who definitely exist....did he say every Nigerian is a scammer?

Your leaders cant dare chat shyt about America not because they are polite....No your leaders cant because they are SUBSERVIENT to the west.

lol go figure.
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by gbishman: 11:53am On Oct 30, 2013
theres no need for te apology. the harms already done. All i know is that his a racist and isnt as enlightened as all claime he is.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Rossikk(m): 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's obvious you've not been paying attention. Nobody is saying those MLM programmes may not be scam due to the fact that they usually don;t tell the whole story. But the scam been referred to here is an outright scam where someone tells you that he's a Nigerian Prince and he dupes you off your money. I also find it rather uneducated for you to be listing craiglist scam when what the Senator was referring to was "Email Scams". get your head out of your azz.
N0, you get your head out of whitey's assss where it's been stuck since time immemorial. Imagine if it was Nigerians perpetrating all those "harmless scams". We wouldn't hear the last of it. Interpol would have closed down Craigslist, click bank etc, and the media would have pounced on the scammers. But it is white American boys doing the scams and making millions daily, so it is classified as "harmless". With the support of your ilk. Disgraceful. By the way, those American scammers make at least ten times the amount Nigerian scammers make from their scams, so that is where you and your white friends should be sticking your noses, not in Nigeria or Africa. As for your division of scams into ok and not ok, that really shows you up. Pray, are there some types of theft that are ok in your book? Is there good theft and bad theft? Is there good stealing and bad stealing? Good robbery and bad robbery? No? So how can there be good scam and and bad scam?

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by honorsam(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
GustavoFring: [s]Any Nigerian who comes here to claim Nigerians are not Internet scammers is a hypocrite of the highest order[/s].

mute that your fucking mouth and get off the fallacy of hasty generalization.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
If you think subservient is heavy vocab then you must be a talented comedian.

There are tens of millions of honest hard working Nigerians to have email scams tagged Nigerian.

Americans were scamming long before computers were regular in Nigeria.

As for being subservient, you having the view of your leaders being subservient to the whites is the true definition.

As for the senator, his statement has described his mind state and why he opposes Obama and his polcies RA.CI.SM.

Say hi to your master. Go figure.
GustavoFring:

Where did he tag all these people you have mentioned?

He made reference to Nigerian email scammers who definitely exist....did he say every Nigerian is a scammer?

Your leaders cant dare chat shyt about America not because they are polite....No your leaders cant because they are SUBSERVIENT to the west.

lol go figure.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by seangy4konji: 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
he must be stupid...is that statement he made an apology??It no go better for am...U kow d iternet crimes being commited in Russia,Czech Rep,Slovania,Vietnam and so oneven Ghana there has a whole lot on scammers pass Nigeria and u piss of poo want to talk of Nigeria...It no go better for u again....How rude boy go survive??U deh MAD.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by jude33084(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
dirtymoney: He has even insulted Nigerians again........... So we cant diffrentiate between a joke and an insult? That dude must be high on a combination of tramadol, diazapan, emzloyn, totolyn, rocheez, priton and cannibis...

O boy ehhh! you have gone deep into these drugs o shocked
Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: If you think subservient is heavy vocab then you must be a talented comedian.

There are tens of millions of honest hard working Nigerians to have email scams tagged Nigerian.

Americans were scamming long before computers were regular in Nigeria.

As for being subservient, you having the view of your leaders being subservient to the whites is the true definition.

As for the senator, his statement has described his mind state and why he opposes Obama and his polcies RA.CI.SM.

Say hi to your master. Go figure.

All your verbosity and bluster does not change the facts:

1.)Yahoo boys are known AND celebrated in your country
2.)The senator made reference to Nigerian scammers and did not call all Nigerians scammers
3.)Olu Maintain was happy to sing a song glorifying scams at Africa Rising in 2008 where world leaders were in attendance.
4.)Nigeria IS subservient to the west.
5.)The senator made reference to Nigerian scammers and did not call all Nigerians scammers

and
6.)The senator made reference to Nigerian scammers and did not call all Nigerians scammers

You can accept the truth, or you can keep ranting.

No skin off my nose.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Seeks Peace Meeting With Nigerians Over 419 Comments by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
GustavoFring:

All your verbosity and bluster does not change the facts:

1.)Yahoo boys are known AND celebrated in your country
2.)The senator made reference to Nigerian scammers and did not call all Nigerians scammers
3.)Olu Maintain was happy to sing a song glorifying scams at Africa Rising in 2008 where world leaders were in attendance.
4.)Nigeria IS subservient to the west.
5.)The senator made reference to Nigerian scammers and did not call all Nigerians scammers

and
6.)The senator made reference to Nigerian scammers and did not call all Nigerians scammers

You can accept the truth, or you can keep ranting.

No skin off my nose.
Like it or not, Americans have more scammers than Nigerians have online.

The American government led by George Bush lied to the world.

Ted calling Nigerian email scammers is unguided and wrong.

If Nigerians celebrate scamming, why form the efcc. He didn't call Nigerians scammers but referenced Nigeria with respect to scamming. Why did Ted Cruz not remember his country has more scammers than Nigeria.

Why didn't he remember that his thieving country bankers caused the global crisis and his government bailed the thieves out.

Madorf who stole over 50 billion dollars and caused Americans heart break is American.

go figure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ene Ofugara Writes To Festus Keyamo For Not Supporting Ese Oruru / Court Okays Supplementary Elections In Adamawa / ‘Young Professionals’ Donate N10m For Tinubu 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.