Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria (1269 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War / Nigerians Rescued During Last Military Operation In Yobe (Photo) / Transcript Of Interview On Bloomberg TV Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by ChimaAdeoye: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
JJC: The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has expressed her support for the recent inauguration of the Bloomberg TV Africa in the country.

During the North American launch of Bloomberg TV Africa in Washington DC, Okonjo-Iweala said the establishment of the media unit in Nigeria was a welcome addition to the country’s growing economy.

“This will be the first station – TV station – from abroad to be based in Nigeria and I think you’ve got it right,” the minister said, according to a Bloomberg statement.

Addressing an audience of 70 delegates, who were in Washington DC to attend the World Bank-International Monetary Fund annual meetings, she commended the Bloomberg Media Group for having the foresight to base its production and operational hub in Nigeria.

She added, “I want to say to all who are not in Nigeria that if you’re not in Nigeria, you’re not in Africa; so, I think Bloomberg TV has got it right.”

The Chairman, Bloomberg Media Group, Mr. Andy Lack, expressed excitement at his organisation’s plans for the Nigerian market.

He said, “We at Bloomberg believe in Nigeria, its people and its role in the developing African growth story. Our partnership with the Nigeria-based Optima Media Group has enabled us to develop a platform for Africa’s growing business and financial community that will significantly extend our presence across the continent.”

The Chairman, Optima Media Group and Vice-Chairman of Bloomberg TV Africa, Mr. Rotimi Pedro, said, “Bloomberg TV Africa will deliver the highest quality news and business programming that will empower Africans to tell their story from their own perspectives.

“We aim to provide relevant and up-to-date information to enable African business leaders to make informed business and investment decisions.”

According to the statement, the event was attended by several personalities, including the President, African Development Bank, Dr. Donald Kaberuka; the Group Managing Director, UBA Plc, Mr. Phillips Oduoza; and Managing Director, Diamond Bank Plc, Dr. Alex Otti.

Others were Executive Director, Heritage Bank, Mrs. Mary Akpobome, and a representative of the Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Lamido Sanusi, among others.

The North America launch of Bloomberg TV Africa is the first in a series of launches, according to the statement.

It said further events would be held in Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria.

Bloomberg TV Africa is expected to begin full operations from its Lagos hub in the first quarter of 2014, with three to four hours of business programming available to African viewers each day.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/business/money/okonjo-iweala-buys-bloomberg-tvs-operation-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by ChimaAdeoye: 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hmmmm,
Una don see these heeboes again? Who is Raymond Dokpesi ?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by iterator25: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
Look at her fat lips lipsrsealed
Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by nwaanambra1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
iterator25: Look at her fat lips lipsrsealed

very sexy kiss kiss embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by jmoore(m): 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:
You are the corrupt one here for replacing "backs" with "buys" .
Please go and get a job.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by idupaul: 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
Somtin not right about this thread

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by Ismahill(m): 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
O gaa o.small tyn nw. Madueke go buy BBC AFRICA
Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by biafranqueen: 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/business/money/okonjo-iweala-backs-bloomberg-tvs-operation-in-nigeria/

Why does that link say buy, This is unlike Chima shocked unless she is just using to attract the enemies of progress, so some people will go to bathroom and cry that our country is attracting investors by the minute and women are doing a fab job in government. Time for women President! wink
Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by taharqa: 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
OLODO, @OP...
Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by naptu2: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
Compare this thread with this one (created by Afam).

Okonjo Iweala Backs Bloomberg TV Opening In Nigeria
http://www2.nairaland.com/1495436/okonjo-iweala-backs-bloomberg-tv

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by Lagosbabe1: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/business/money/okonjo-iweala-buys-bloomberg-tvs-operation-in-nigeria/

How come we have not got a reply to this:

Chima_Adeoye: I loved a Yoruba man and even married him against protests from my parents! Really big mistake!
Not because my man didn't love me, but it was practically impossible for his Yoruba family and community to accept his Igbo wife. For the sake of the sufferings and humiliations our marriage caused my hubby, I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to attempt it.

ok, can you match your post with this other one:

Chima_Adeoye:

suffice to say that I'm originally from Ekiti,and married to an Anambra man from Ichi town, Ekwusigo LGA to be precise grin grin grin.

https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/72#13225694

Chima Adeole:

1. Are you Yoruba?

2. Are you Igbo?

3. Are you half Igbo?

You are a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourself.

You are a fraud and you have no moral right to discuss anything to do with acts of criminality.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by Sloan: 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Chima_Adeoye:

Chima Adeole:

1. Are you Yoruba?

2. Are you Igbo?

3. Are you half Igbo?

You are a fraud and you have no moral right to discuss anything to do with acts of criminality.

You dey mind that thing? Shima Adeoye my foot! Awon oloriburuku omo adanu omo nna oloshi lasan lasan ikeji aja! Olorun lo ma pa fi iya je yin ku! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by biafranqueen: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Chima_Adeoye:

Chima Adeole:

1. Are you Yoruba?

2. Are you Igbo?

3. Are you half Igbo?

shocked shocked Well now I see you can only give someone as much credit as you give yourself shame on her!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala backs Bloomberg TV’s operation in Nigeria by OAM4J: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2013

(1)

PDP To Tambuwal: Declare Seats Of 37 Reps Vacant / 'I Was Forced To Pay A Godfather N10m Monthly As Governor ' - Mbadinuju / Those In Support Of Homosexuality Please Support Me In My Own Struggle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.