Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1225500 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Switlife: 8:57am On May 02, 2016
For example
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Bellasparx: 1:25pm On May 02, 2016
Na wa o. So that's how these NLNG people will just keep mute. I thought 'caring for others' was one of the core values. These guys are breaking hearts.
The way they are delaying, do they plan to add another stage?
They should be able to make a forecast based on the current situation and start making moves. Havent seen anything from 'sauces' for sometime, guess they're tired too. Hope they say something soon sad
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by prelinctus: 3:34pm On May 03, 2016
Bellasparx:
Na wa o. So that's how these NLNG people will just keep mute. I thought 'caring for others' was one of the core values. These guys are breaking hearts.
They should be able to make a forecast based on the current situation and start making moves. Havent seen anything from 'sauces' for sometime, guess they're tired too. Hope they say something soon sad
How would you feel if you were told that some people resumed recently?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by charlycharly: 4:13pm On May 03, 2016
prelinctus:

Wow. Okpemu!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 4:15pm On May 03, 2016
This recruitment has become something else. 3 football league seasons have been executed in the same period and we are still here waiting on some folks to make a decision. I wonder if at the end of the day those selected wont take this job as a price and give half measures to it. This is wrong on every front and only a country as degenerate and backward as Nigeria can such mediocrity be condoned. Imagine that many hopefuls will even give excuse for the company as per why the recruitment has dragged on for this long. Well we shall most definitely see the end of this joke....because its no longer worthy to be termed a recruitment.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2016
prelinctus:

Calling some people to resume is not a problem. NLNG reserves the right to the number of candidates it wants to employ from this recruitment. What is expected of them is to act like a responsible company and get this thing over with. If one is not picked now I doubt it will make any difference because the zeal to work for NLNG has really grown cold on every body. Almost everyone is now planning his life beyond NLNG so there is no big deal. NLNG is only a means to end and not the end in itself. There are endless possibilities for us out there and only those that seek these opportunities will find them.

By the way I do not think anyone has been called yet because from the circle of peeps I know still left no one has been contacted. And it is quite a substantial number.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by naastyme(m): 4:31pm On May 03, 2016
freeradical:
Calling some people to resume is not a problem. NLNG reserves the right to the number of candidates it wants to employ from this recruitment. What is expected of them is to act like a responsible company and get this thing over with. If one is not picked now I doubt it will make any difference because the zeal to work for NLNG has really grown cold on every body. Almost everyone is now planning his life beyond NLNG so there is no big deal. NLNG is only a means to end and not the end in itself. There are endless possibilities for us out there and only those that seek these opportunities will find them.

By the way I do not think anyone has been called yet because from the circle of peeps I know still left no one has been contacted. And it is quite a substantial number.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 4:47pm On May 03, 2016
freeradical:

Well in that case, why don't they just cancel this recruitment and conduct a fresh one to avoid hiring people who've already lost their zeal for the job and the company at large?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by naastyme(m): 4:53pm On May 03, 2016
I don't know if this was meant to sound like a threat or it is genuinely a statement of fact. But yeah, why don't they do that? People have sure lost their zeal for this job, me inclusive.

vantage7:

Well in that case, why don't they just cancel this recruitment and conduct a fresh one to avoid hiring people who've already lost their zeal for the job and the company at large?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2016
Bellasparx:
I have never understood the rationale for saying they will only call when oil price hits a certain benchmark and these are my reasons why
1. NLNG has not recruited GTs since 2007. This is a whooping 9years gap and therefore I suppose that sustainability of the business is the major driving factor for this recruitment when they conceived the idea in 2013. Not because NLNG likes us and wants to put us in their payroll. They know that the business would live into the future and as people reach retirement age or resign due to one reason or another, there is a pool of younger and well versed talents ready to take over the running of the business.
2. The NLNG board should have held a meeting and taken a decision on the minimum and maximum number of successfuls they can absorb considering the economic situation. If they had failed to do this then it explains why the whole process hit this roadblock today. They should have done their calculations and come up with figures based on the least oil price, the current oil price and the highest oil price forcast and come up with the number of GTs they would take in depending on the prevailing economic position. It is with this document that the recruitment team will tailor the whole exercise to achieve successfuls given the criteria defined by the company management team
3. Everybody in the oil and gas industry knows that the price of oil is always cyclic. It rises up to a peak stays there for some time and later it falls only to later start rising gradually again. So its even at periods of low prices like this that major investments are made because the cost of these projects varies directly with oil price. So far the oil price has not gone below the profit benchmark and our worst fears didnt materialize (when most production facilities have to shutdown). This means that profit is still being made though less than past years when prices were moderate. So why not call some people now and waitlist the others pending when the business climate is more favourable. That way you protect your image from bad press and every applicant feels satisfied as they know their fates. Thats a win-win for both parties. Keeping us in the dark is a direct opposition to their claim of being caring. For how long are we going to sit down and wait for NLNG to make a decision that directly affects our lives. A company that cares would have atleast in the last mail they sent defined how long their "in due course" was. If you tell us, Okay we have personal issues we have to sort out we would get back to you lot in 6months....that sounds more like a caring personality than telling people that they will hear from you in due course.

I do not mean to embark on such tirade but truth has to be said. In the end I believe that we are not begging NLNG but giving them reason why this recruitment has to be given a definite end. They just have to make that decision for both our sakes!

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 5:03pm On May 03, 2016
vantage7:

It would be more honourable to cancel the recruitment than keep people in the dark like this. Far more honourable.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 5:04pm On May 03, 2016
naastyme:
I don't know if this was meant to sound like a threat or it is genuinely a statement of fact. But yeah, why don't they do that? People have sure lost their zeal for this job, me inclusive.

NLNG knows that as soon as u are selected and given an offer ur zeal will return sharp sharperly #fact wink

7 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 5:18pm On May 03, 2016
prelinctus:

Wouldn’t surprise me. Last week on their twitter handle they said they recently communicated info to those that participated in the AC, so anything could have happened.
@freeradical all ur pondering on this issue though not new are totally rational. However, all I see at play here is just Nigerians being Nigerians i.e. “they will wait jare”.
As Kaitung posited a while back, from recent reports I fear for the company’s future unless they put their acts together within the next 3 years.

By the way anyone up for twerking to mark AC anniversary? Or do we prefer e-protests?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 5:21pm On May 03, 2016
naastyme:

If anybody tells me that he still has the same level of optimism for this job as he had say 2 years ago then i will show you the face of a shameless liar. Imagine if NLNG had a rival company that recruited around the same period they did I'm sure they would not let this thing drag to this extent. Even if they call now people will answer out of the fact that they have invested much of their time(Imagine 3years of someones active youthful age) to this and deserve some sought of reward for that effort. So they accept it as a consolation prize not because they feel so excited.

Good thing though is that with the right motivation, zeal can always be re-kindled grin wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2016
ceetee:

Wouldn’t surprise me. Last week on their twitter handle they said they recently communicated info to those that participated in the AC, so anything could have happened.
@freeradical all ur pondering on this issue though not new are totally rational. However, all I see at play here is just Nigerians being Nigerians i.e. “they will wait jare”.
As Kaitung posited a while back, from recent reports I fear for the company’s future unless they put their acts together within the next 3 years.

By the way anyone up for twerking to mark AC anniversary? Or do we prefer e-protests?

Mehn my guy I hope you know NLNG use words in a different context so when they said they recently communicated info to AC participants it can mean quite a number of things.

The time for twerking is over. Now its time for vituperation. Let it pour out fellaz grin grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 5:31pm On May 03, 2016
Jujutsu (/dʒuːˈdʒuːtsuː/ joo-joot-soo; Japanese: 柔術, jūjutsu is a Japanese martial art and a method of close combat for defeating an armed and armored opponent in which one uses no weapon or only a short weapon.
"Jū" can be translated to mean "gentle, soft, supple, flexible, pliable, or yielding." "Jutsu" can be translated to mean "art" or "technique" and represents manipulating the opponent's force against himself rather than confronting it with one's own force.

Lesson: Use the energy from the pain of the wait for your own self development.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 5:37pm On May 03, 2016
dane15:
Jujutsu (/dʒuːˈdʒuːtsuː/ joo-joot-soo; Japanese: 柔術, jūjutsu is a Japanese martial art and a method of close combat for defeating an armed and armored opponent in which one uses no weapon or only a short weapon.
"Jū" can be translated to mean "gentle, soft, supple, flexible, pliable, or yielding." "Jutsu" can be translated to mean "art" or "technique" and represents manipulating the opponent's force against himself rather than confronting it with one's own force.

Lesson: Use the energy from the pain of the wait for your own self development.

Kindly expatiate on the meaning of “energy from the pain of the wait ”

Where's the energy coming from?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 5:43pm On May 03, 2016
A lot of energy is dissipated in the expression of emotions.

Some people can be seen to vibrate literally when angry.

Energy cannot be destroyed but can be transformed from anger catalysts to energy for something creative.

This NLNG wait is a big lesson on patience and I am still learning.

At the end of the day, what will be yours in this particular context will be yours, if it is to be yours. Afterall you have no control over the process.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 5:46pm On May 03, 2016
dane15:

Energy cannot be destroyed but can be transformed from anger catalysts to energy for something creative.

At the end of the day, what will be yours in this particular context will be yours, if it is to be yours. Afterall you have no control over the process.
Well said smiley

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2016
dane15:

Bros whether we vibrate and expend energy or stay calm and patiently wait it changes nothing in the grand scheme of things. Whether NLNG calls one or not changes nothing either. We have nothing to lose if we say things the way they are. The wait is on all of us and wait we shall. The reason we have a thread is that once in a wyl we share emotions, ideas and information. People need to say their minds....its healthier for them that way. It doesnt make them less patient in the least.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 6:33pm On May 03, 2016
ceetee:

They tweeted that in January. So as at that time, the last communication was recent.

Any one else can confirm what prelinctus said? Do you know anyone personally who has resumed?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Spatman: 7:49pm On May 03, 2016
ceetee:

NLNG knows that as soon as u are selected and given an offer ur zeal will return sharp sharperly #fact wink
correct... grin grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Delightsome077: 8:05pm On May 03, 2016
NanaF:

They tweeted that in January. So as at that time, the last communication was recent.

Any one else can confirm what prelinctus said? Do you know anyone personally who has resumed?
They contacted only EHs
No GT was contacted
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 9:02am On May 04, 2016
The wait is somewhat annoying, and it's understandable if we feel agitated.

What we should ask ourselves is if there is anything we could do to voice our discomfort in this delay without undermining the process.

Venting our displeasure in the delay without channeling it towards a result will only provide emotional succour but it doesn't change the status quo.

I will suggest like before, that we should bombard them with mild email requesting updates on the process.

Remember, this was what we were about doing in January, before they sent the last emails.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 10:44am On May 04, 2016
Dfavouredone:

What we should ask ourselves is if there is anything we could do to voice our discomfort in this delay without undermining the process.

Venting our displeasure in the delay without channeling it towards a result will only provide emotional succour but it doesn't change the status quo.

I will suggest like before, that we should bombard them with mild email requesting updates on the process.

Remember, this was what we were about doing in January, before they sent the last emails.
This isn't a bad suggestion. It may just work out. Let's get to it then. Make a draft of the mail seeking for update on the process and paste here for all to endorse.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 10:47am On May 04, 2016
Dfavouredone:

Hehe, I remember we'd planned to bombard them after an ultimatum and next thing you know mails were flying in. Now as good as it feels to think that it was what prompted them, that we somehow demanded action and got it, I really don't think that was the case. I think it was just that we'd somewhat run out of patience (who wouldn't?) and options and we resolved not to continue with the acquiescence and it so happened that they responded right at that time. But hey, you never know.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by prelinctus: 12:24pm On May 04, 2016
Delightsome077:

They contacted only EHs
No GT was contacted
You know nothing.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ashleeeeee(f): 12:54pm On May 04, 2016
prelinctus:

You know nothing.

Ominiknowest, who you epp?

9 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 2:04pm On May 04, 2016
freeradical:
This isn't a bad suggestion. It may just work out. Let's get to it then. Make a draft of the mail seeking for update on the process and paste here for all to endorse.

I know there are some dudes who can write a more tightly worded email, but let me just drop this draft so we can start from there.

Good day,

I am one of the successful candidates at the concluded NLNG graduate trainee assessment centre exercise conducted last year.

Please, i wish to humbly request for an update of the recruitment process and a likely time successful candidates will be called. This is to help me manage my plans as this recruitment is central to me at the moment.

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

Best regards,

Dfavouredone.

Modified versions of this can then be use to bombard them (@ their email: Recruitment.Online@nlng.com) by all candidates starting from next week Monday (9/05/2016), or tweet it @nigeriaNLG and @BabsNLNG. We can use a combination of the options to send the different versions of the message, including posting it on their FB timeline.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Delgado47: 2:14pm On May 04, 2016
prelinctus:

You know nothing.

Well done, Mahatma Ghandi
The Dalai Lama
Einstein's Grand child
Omniknowest

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.