Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1225634 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
thegreengooner:

How does an honest answer make me insensitive?

You could have said a whole lot of other things.
'I don't know for now'
'for now this is what I know'
'no plans for the wait list for now'
Etc etc

OYO sounds like a mockery of their situation. OYO sounds like 'to hell with you' .

Although you might not have meant it in that context, it wasn't the right thing to say to persons who have passed tests and an assessment centre which took almost 4 years, they have been marked 'satisfactory' which means they meet the requirements of NLNG. Only for them to be wait listed and left in the dark while their pairs are receiving offer of employment.

Empathy!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
RileyFreeman1:

'I don't know for now'
Etc etc

OYO sounds like a mockery of their situation. OYO sounds like 'to hell with you' .

Although you might not have meant it in that context, it wasn't the right thing to say to persons who have passed tests and an assessment centre which took almost 4 years, they have been marked 'satisfactory' which means they meet the requirements of NLNG. Only for them to be wait listed and left in the dark while their pairs are receiving offer of employment.

Empathy!!!

I am sorry, the bolded is rare in the Nigerian system.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
majekdom2:
Very true

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
majekdom2:
You can say that again... All hope is not lost though

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 8:09am On Jun 15, 2017
RileyFreeman1:

'I don't know for now'
Etc etc

Empathy!!!

I agree that I could have said other things but none of them would have been true.

You don't have to agree with me...I even clarified the context of OYO to which I received a response that stated that it was understood.

It's like when a powerful word goes out from a Man of God and people receive salvation, are healed from affliction or are encouraged in the faith. There will be some in the audience wondering why people are shouting saying, "is it because of this thing he said they are jumping up and down?"

..and so in answering the question if there was a plan to employ a certain set of people, my response remains OYO.

You may wish to scroll back to remind yourself of the statement's context.

Empathy is what brought me here...what you are really asking for is sympathy and unfortunately it will leave you feeling hopeless and helpless in this situation.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by GentlemanAyo(m): 8:33am On Jun 15, 2017
RileyFreeman1:

'I don't know for now'
Etc etc

Although you might not have meant it in that context, it
wasn't the right thing to say to persons who have passed tests and an assessment centre which took almost 4 years, they have been marked 'satisfactory' which means they meet the requirements of NLNG. Only for them to be wait listed and left in the dark while their pairs are receiving offer of employment.

Empathy!!!

Wait o, I am not understanding something, you mean NLNG have not employ people who registered for this position since 2013? That means this year's opening for HND graduates will take a very long time, say 5 years
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by serendipity456: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2017
thegreengooner:

I agree that I could have said other things but none of them would have been true.

You don't have to agree with me...I even clarified the context of OYO to which I received a response that stated that it was understood.

It's like when a powerful word goes out from a Man of God and people receive salvation, are healed from affliction or are encouraged in the faith. There will be some in the audience wondering why people are shouting saying, "is it because of this thing he said they are jumping up and down?"

..and so in answering the question if there was a plan to employ a certain set of people, my response remains OYO.

Empathy is what brought me here...what you are really asking for is sympathy and unfortunately it will leave you feeling hopeless and helpless in this situation.

I choose to disagree kind sir. Empathy may be what brought you here initially, but your choice of words being discussed doesn't depict that. It was neither empathetic nor was it sympathetic. Empathy from what i understand is ex-ante; wearing someone's shoe and making the person feel better about the future. Sympathy on the other hand is ex-post; understanding one's predicament and trying to make the person feel better about what happened in the past not necessarily forward looking. Now most people here still in the running don't necessarily need sympathy as @rileyfreeman1 said, perfomances were adjudged satisfactory subject to available openings in the company. What is needed is empathy, wearing our shoes and having a closure. Kind sir, you'd be amazed at the level of progress those who were dropped in the running last year have made. As much as those still in the running may not want to admit, this exercise has somewhat changed our lives and some career decisions made by some of us. Truth is, most are at witt's end and just desire closure. So kind sir, do be considerate (empathetic) with your words should you choose to share anymore information with us. Do have a blessed day. We all do hope for a favorable end to this maze of an exercise.

8 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
serendipity456:

I choose to disagree kind sir. Empathy may be what brought you here initially, but your choice of words being discussed doesn't depict that. It was neither empathetic nor was it sympathetic. Empathy from what i understand is ex-ante; wearing someone's shoe and making the person feel better about the future. Sympathy on the other hand is ex-post; understanding one's predicament and trying to make the person feel better about what happened in the past not necessarily forward looking. Now most people here still in the running don't necessarily need sympathy as @rileyfreeman1 said, perfomances were adjudged satisfactory subject to available openings in the company. What is needed is empathy, wearing our shoes and having a closure. Kind sir, [b]you'd be amazed at the level of progress those who were dropped in the running last year have made. As much as those still in the running may not want to admit, this exercise has somewhat changed our lives and some career decisions made by some of us. [/b]Truth is, most are at witt's end and just desire closure. So kind sir, do be considerate (empathetic) with your words should you choose to share anymore information with us. Do have a blessed day. We all do hope for a favorable end to this maze of an exercise.
wise words... Life experiences are what shape us and prepare us for struggles that may come. In my career experience, being regretted after a final interview/ laid of by company of choice is the worst that may happen but being employed/remaining may not be the best. In the end it will be well!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
serendipity456:

I choose to disagree kind sir. Empathy may be what brought you here initially, but your choice of words being discussed doesn't depict that. It was neither empathetic nor was it sympathetic. Empathy from what i understand is ex-ante; wearing someone's shoe and making the person feel better about the future. Sympathy on the other hand is ex-post; understanding one's predicament and trying to make the person feel better about what happened in the past not necessarily forward looking. Now most people here still in the running don't necessarily need sympathy as @rileyfreeman1 said, perfomances were adjudged satisfactory subject to available openings in the company. What is needed is empathy, wearing our shoes and having a closure. Kind sir, you'd be amazed at the level of progress those who were dropped in the running last year have made. As much as those still in the running may not want to admit, this exercise has somewhat changed our lives and some career decisions made by some of us. Truth is, most are at witt's end and just desire closure. So kind sir, do be considerate (empathetic) with your words should you choose to share anymore information with us. Do have a blessed day. We all do hope for a favorable end to this maze of an exercise.

What do you want me to say? Be patient? You will be called soon?

That will be giving you false hope...hope for a call for medicals is up to you...better to move on with your life and be pleasantly surprised than keep holding on against hope unless you heard clearly like Papa Abraham.

It's best to move on.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
thegreengooner:

Ok

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
GentlemanAyo:

Wait o, I am not understanding something, you mean NLNG have not employ people who registered for this position since 2013? That means this year's opening for HND graduates will take a very long time, say 5 years
No that's not what I am saying. A whole lot of things affected this specific recruitment which resulted in delay and anomalies in the number of persons to be employed.

Hopefully, now that things are a bit better in the country, the Graduate operator trainee recruitment won't take too long.

Graduate management trainee and graduate operator trainee are two entirely different recruitment.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
thegreengooner:

That will be giving you false hope...hope for a call for medicals is up to you...better to move on with your life and be pleasantly surprised than keep holding on against hope unless you heard clearly like Papa Abraham.

It's best to move on.
Cool
Until NLNG sends a regret mail, all candidates on the waitlist should be patient, hopeful and prayerful.

There is a reason why company didn't send you regret mail. Be hopeful!!!!....

I believe if business kicks up, challenges like act amendment ET Al are squashed, and the figures look good, there would be reasons to call for more hands.

In as much as you are all hopeful and waiting, do try other routes to the top.

IT IS WELL!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by unyted(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
thegreengooner:

It's best to move on.

You really do not need to comment if you have nothing reasonable to say. For your information about 13 people were recently offered employment from the waitlisted group. So who says more people can't be called?

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by unyted(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2017

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
Let's just all move on. They will call whenever they are ready, If they don't call then we will all definitely move on.
#pray

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2017
RileyFreeman1:

Cool
Until NLNG sends a regret mail, all candidates on the waitlist should be patient, hopeful and prayerful.

There is a reason why company didn't send you regret mail. Be hopeful!!!!....

I believe if business kicks up, challenges like act amendment ET Al are squashed, and the figures look good, there would be reasons to call for more hands.

In as much as you are all hopeful and waiting, do try other routes to the top.

IT IS WELL!!!!!

I agree with this also...I think it is pertinent to point out that at no time did I say people shouldn't be hopeful. What I said was should you hope against hope, better make sure you heard clearly that the job was yours...hearing clearly is personal and in that regard you are on your own.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 7:50am On Jun 16, 2017
unyted:

You really do not need to comment if you have nothing reasonable to say. For your information about 13 people were recently offered employment from the waitlisted group. So who says more people can't be called?

Thank you for the update. This is great news. Could it be that in their hoping against hope, it was counted unto them for Righteousness and they subsequently entered into the promise? smiley

All the sly digs don't have any effect on me grin grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 8:56am On Jun 16, 2017
thegreengooner:

Thank you for the update. This is great news. Could it be that in their hoping against hope, it was counted unto them for Righteousness and they subsequently entered into the promise? smiley

All the sly digs don't have any effect on me grin grin grin

This guy sha. Hahahaha.

Guys calm down. Let's continue with what we were doing. Hopefully when the guys with offers resume, things will be a little clearer.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by sexyjob(m): 4:45am On Jun 17, 2017
house! take it easy
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ukeme200(m): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
Following
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DeepDarkTunnel: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
So much uncertainty even after offer letters... There is God

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lambalamba: 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2017

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by sexyjob(m): 6:35am On Jul 07, 2017
From June 22nd to July 6th was 2 weeks. What happened here? So much silence in here. Please, sons and daughters of faith, don't move on without your treasure. Pray, seek and continuously ask for it. God will grant you all your heart desires in Jesus Name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Boshemann(m): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
lambalamba:
Closure!! Resumption date set. #Excited... Thank you God. Hoping for the best for the waitlisted and everyone else.. the sky's the limit for us all. Cheers!

wink

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by epic5: 9:01am On Jul 12, 2017
lambalamba:
Closure!! Resumption date set. #Excited... Thank you God. Hoping for the best for the waitlisted and everyone else.. the sky's the limit for us all. Cheers!
Congrats to you.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
@kbit09..Noted
You should unquote me then.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ukeme200(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
Any update on the trainee operator recruitment?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by beckissluv(f): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Crawl this thread. U will see links/materials we used

i applied for the NLNG operator traineee 2017,pls i need materials
kindly send it to
bilikisuigbaudume@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.