Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival (39369 Views)

Nairalander Wedding In Zimbabwe (photo). / Oktoberfest, German Beer Festival / Bebe Concepts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Sike(m): 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
The beginning of the End.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
TribalEAST: Dbanj might be somewhere phuckkingg one of your cousins. undecided
And i be here phucking your sister cheesy

*yoruba girls can suck dicck sha* undecided

#TeamGOM
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
safarigirl: illiterate tribalistic noisemaker, he was loved by many agberos like you. Are you vexed cuz not everyone is bowing for your bros? Why bring nigga raw into this? Who told you I'm Igbo or do y'all just assume anyone who isn't supporting Yorubas is Igbo. He murdered beats with Yoruba? And I should care because? Please Da grin is dead, don't make me insult a dead person cuz of your nonsensical argument, I never said I thought him wack, I even have some of his songs, rather I called him a 'regional' star, that is what he is and he'll forever be. Phyno is rockin in the SW mostly cuz there's a large Igbo population there to boost his style, but Da grin was barely famous in the SE cuz Yorubas don't have much of a presence there. I don't think Phyno is better than Da grin, he's just more sellable. PS: You're a Kokomonster too? Figures.
how come dis safari girl come get sense here pass all the boys on dis thread. Dis safarigirl is very intelligent, dis is cheating!!!!
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
tobiflink:

god, go and improve your English. Thank you.

Olodo, "go and" "come and" keep talking like a primary school kid. Mtchew, olodo oshi

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
For goodness sake, the Dbanj is now wack!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so obvious. No doubt he has money now but MUSICALLY MUSICALLY OOOOOO now adays he is singing rub.bish . To make matter worst he calls himself Eja(fish) I mean , I will kill anyone who calls me fish in my neighborhood, God is my witness!!!!!
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by theripper3: 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
Wow, safari girl, are u in LOVE?

U should really charge some of this kiss-butts a fee for educating their ignorant a-s-ses.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Ishilove: 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
Promhize:

That he (dbanj) wrote "On top of the world" abi, its your type that sees "Don't tell me nonsense" as good music.

Crappy musician with tout-followers
Lol cheesy
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by nickz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
tintingz: There are many igbo even northern peeps I know that love Da'Grin's rap...if you are not in Lagos you are on a long thing grin

What makes phyno known in SW with igbo rap, is he not living Lagos? I doubt if he was in igbo land releasing his ibo rap his song will just be floating in ibo land...thank his star he featured Olamide in his ghost mode track to gain more fans in SW but still I skip his rap sometimes cuz its not doppe the way Olamide killed the beat. smiley
hahahaha grin dude stop lieing you don't understand ibo.....stop decieving your old age.....I knew phyno even before ndi ara. That's if you've listened to songs like 'shutdown'-which is the best ibo rap song I've ever heard......you think he wasn't known when he did tracks like 'multiply' just admit that you were either too d*umb to notice his talent or that you don't understand ibo.

NB:I'll like to know your definition of dopppe *ewu kano undecided angry
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Vicjay1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
Abagworo: Zimbabweans are simply jealous and just wanted to feel good about themselves by ridiculing a Nigerian artist. Bebe Cool is good but not comparable with D'banj in terms of international hits.

For all those expecting D'banj to make music that appeals to the teenagers and Uni students of nowadays , I'll advice you to continue waiting in vain. D'banj should focus on making more matured music like "Top of The World" as it looks ridiculous when a 34 year old man is trying to make music for teenagers.
bros i doff my papas cap for you. If d'banj is wack den i like wack well well.

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by free2ryhme: 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
spade: By the way, HammedKola: I can't believe you just asked me about 9ice. Haven't you been following the news? Dude's music career is OVER. He went back to school after his last CD went nuclear!

Can't believe you even asked that.

Guy na online school nice go
atleast mention that parrt
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by lekemon(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
Why singling out D'banj for critisism or hatered? Are you just knowing for the first time that most lyrics in Nigerian songs of late hardly make sense? People just make beats and repeat gibberish or certain words and a vast majority of the Nigerian youths dance to it. But tongue lashing dbanj alone or looking for fault just so people could come say stuff isnt sh*t. If u wanna know more about Nigerian music of our time, they dont last! Once you dance to the beats for some time, u get bored. This is not just about dbanj. So quit singling out the fellow every now and then. *criticism
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by laplace19(m): 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
spade:

You most certainly have the brain of a child.

What's worth doing, is worth doing WELL.
I don't sing, so why the phuck would I want to torture the public with noise? Walahi, you dull no be small.
You believe anybody who critiques a bad song or bad stage performance plans to go into music?

I happen to be good at Math, Physics and Art, so for that reason, I WORK IN A FIELD I'M GOOD AT - Engineering!

D'Banj on the other hand, has no phucking musical talent, yet he continues to fool himself and his gullible followers, as well as torture the general public with his atrocious junk.

He should do humanity a favour and atleast focus on what he's good at. Whether na LASTMA agbero work or Molue driving, that's for him to say.

Your posts are all good(to some set of people oo),but it's a pity....I can't buy any of them..

Stay here and be casting aspersions on someone that has made it in life even without going through his career as you claim..

He is this year's hennessy artistry headliner,so much money,and you are here blabbing.... A guy that is 2nd richest musician in Nigeria,and also 4th or 5th richest in African.....

Those that have graduated are still looking for jobs,and you are here talking of career....if music is not D'banj's career at least he is better than you and your types.....keeping studying your Engineering you are not even sure of getting any work from it after graduating......besides,about 50 percent of Nigerian graduates are not earning their living from their so called career,yet you are here vituperating D'banj concerning his performance....

Be it as it may,I love all his songs......and if I can be this rich without even going through my own field I will be the happiest person on earth..

Nevertheless,if you need help just holla @ the kokomaster,at least he will give you some money he made from the performance.....

Nobody tells me nothing,no time to check time( in D'banj's voice) grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by safarigirl(f): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
Abagworo: Zimbabweans are simply jealous and just wanted to feel good about themselves by ridiculing a Nigerian artist. Bebe Cool is good but not comparable with D'banj in terms of international hits.

For all those expecting D'banj to make music that appeals to the teenagers and Uni students of nowadays , I'll advice you to continue waiting in vain. D'banj should focus on making more matured music like "Top of The World" as it looks ridiculous when a 34 year old man is trying to make music for teenagers.
I guess you're in denial. Top of the World is not owned by D'banj, ever wondered why it hasn't been nominated for an award despite how good it is? So for your mind, Finally and Oyato are for 'matured minds'? Lemme laugh. Guy abeg find seat, your eye dey turn. @tintingz, you're HOPELESS, please learn to read, else we'll be going in circles, you still talking bout SW, if you join other tribes there it still won't exceed 25% of the population and not all non-Yorubas in SW understand Yoruba. Hence, a majority of Nigerians don't give two phucks bout your rap god, I know it's hard to digest, wash that down with a cup of alomo

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by lekemon(m): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sometimes i just feel some peeps dont like dbanj. But if you look at mainstream afro hiphop in Nigeria, how many artists can you say would be a force to reckon with in 20 years to come? Now, that's how you differentiate legends from 'ok' musicians. Tupac left the scene long time ago but his lyrics be making sense till date..big poppa, bob marley, michael jackson, don williams, celine dion, to mention a few are some artists that have stood the test of time. If you wanna criticize, be objective! Even tubaba isnt who we used to know years back.. Give most of these guys you feel are better few years from now, dem go enter house. Nothing lasts forever.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by laplace19(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Vic-jay:
bros i doff my papas cap for you. If d'banj is wack den i like wack well well.

Lolzz. Bro,I remove my boxers for you jareh grin

Make D'banj dey sing wack songs,I like am well well ,his own wack songs dey sweet me die grin

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tbag007(m): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
spade:

If you're talking about "Top of The World" here, that doesn't count, as D'Banj was merely contracted by the AFCON organizers to sing a song which he neither wrote, has rights to, nor can accept any awards under.

Also, need I inform you stage acts at events like AFCON, World Cup or Olympics are organized by the CREATIVE DIRECTORS themselves and not the artists?
Are you aware Stephen Spielberg was initially the Director of the Beijing Olympics before pulling out due to political reasons?
Are you aware Danny Boyle (director of Slumdog Millionaire) was the creative director for the London Olympics?

Artistes have no power over their stage acts at events like the aforementioned, as the entire thing is planned by the creative director! So, saying D'Banj performed what-what in South Africa is off the question cuz the act was simply staged by the creative director. And as I even remember, all D'Banj did there was sing while being carried around by a crowd.

Where artistes DO have power over, however, are their personal concerts, tours and random gigs like this one!

And please, take note, this isn't even the first time he's crashing and burning. His Koko Concert from Dec 2012 was also an epic failure, in addition to his Texas 'concert' as well.

Omo, the guy na bonzo abeg. Just tell yourself the truth grin
who be this mumu? See as he dey talk like say na him pale go go collect the award if on top of the world win any award. Sadist.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Promhize:

Olodo, "go and" "come and" keep talking like a primary school kid. Mtchew, olodo oshi
You dey mind am

You got time. .

#TeamGOM
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Ishilove: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
free2ryhme:

Guy na online school nice go
atleast mention that parrt
cheesy cheesy
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by safarigirl(f): 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
lekemon: Why singling out D'banj for critisism or hatered? Are you just knowing for the first time that most lyrics in Nigerian songs of late hardly make sense? People just make beats and repeat gibberish or certain words and a vast majority of the Nigerian youths dance to it. But tongue lashing dbanj alone or looking for fault just so people could come say stuff isnt sh*t. If u wanna know more about Nigerian music of our time, they dont last! Once you dance to the beats for some time, u get bored. This is not just about dbanj. So quit singling out the fellow every now and then. *criticism
i like you, you're an undercover Kokomonster. Dear, it's D'banj that performed in Zim n got booed off, we were on Wizkid 2wks ago for his Abuja failure, so no one is 'singling out' D'banj, if Davido or D'prince f's up, we'll diss em too. Every eediot has his day

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by MrBravo(m): 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
Abeg it's mosque time
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
K.K Imoh:

tribalism once more, if u had the opportunity to understand what phyno said then u'd be beta than this, OLAMIDE DAGRIN ARE REGIONAL STARS SHIKENA
phyno is a good rapper no doubt but he looks like a gay grin

I'don't know why that chicken brain brought up da'grin issue here, tribalist foo-l. grin
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tbag007(m): 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
safarigirl: i like you, you're an undercover Kokomonster. Dear, it's D'banj that performed in Zim n got booed off, we were on Wizkid 2wks ago for his Abuja failure, so no one is 'singling out' D'banj, if Davido or D'prince f's up, we'll diss em too. Every eediot has his day
like your's is now! Oponu afofungbemu.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
K.K Imoh:

u r a fool,
you are the foolest grin
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by kittykollinxx(m): 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
Most nigerian artiste are lyrically empty except for few,taking a close look @ some love songs they give us you can't just pick a single 9c verse for U̶̲̥̅̊я gf can Ʊ tel U̶̲̥̅̊я gf dat she can fire pass Motor(wizkid caro).if not for psquare's dance they aint beta dan dbanj even while D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are using 2 brains...the artiste dat truly make sense don't sell in nigeria
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by IAMBREEZY: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
ejanla
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by IAMBREEZY: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
eja nla
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
nickz: hahahaha grin dude stop lieing you don't understand ibo.....stop decieving your old age.....I knew phyno even before ndi ara. That's if you've listened to songs like 'shutdown'-which is the best ibo rap song I've ever heard......you think he wasn't known when he did tracks like 'multiply' just admit that you were either too d*umb to notice his talent or that you don't understand ibo.

NB:I'll like to know your definition of dopppe *ewu kano undecided angry
I listen to phyno songs and love them I'm not some tribalist bigot on NL that brought up da'grin issue here.

My doppe is the way they rap their lyrics wink
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by PrettySpicey(f): 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
spade: The scales are starting to fall off the eyes of the other Africans as well, and D'Banj's musical vapidness is exposing him seriously.

This dude has proven he's completely powerless without Don Jazzy's beats, as even the songs he went to perform at that concert were all the ones he made when he was with Don Jazzy. What? No Oyato? No Bachelor? No Finally? Of course he realises those songs themselves are garbage no one would pay money to listen to, which is why he still goes back to his vomit from 2 years ago to dig up songs he made back then.

The truth now stares at everyone in the face that, without those beats, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, separates D'Banj from Vic O.

Your stage performance goes a long way in determining what kind of artiste you are; and when that day comes, no amount of fake, caked-up, phoned-in, paid reviews from New York Times will save you. No amount of Lagos hype (the same shhhitt that wants the world to believe clowns like Davido are talented) will save you from the inevitable shame.

And this is even the clown people were juxtaposing with P-Square.
P-Square sef, although they are lyrically vapid themselves, are super-talented stage performers. Filling out STADIA in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda etc. While this praying mantis dey here dey deceive himself grin

@SPADE
I duff my hat for you. you have spoken well.
One thing he lacks is proper stage management, for him it's all about the ladies joining him on stage. He needs to get himself a real manager.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
laplace19:

Lolzz. Bro,I remove my boxers for you jareh grin

Make D'banj dey sing wack songs,I like am well well ,his own wack songs dey sweet me die grin
calm down o....lol
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
safarigirl: @tintingz, you're HOPELESS, please learn to read, else we'll be going in circles, you still talking bout SW, if you join other tribes there it still won't exceed 25% of the population and not all non-Yorubas in SW understand Yoruba. Hence, a majority of Nigerians don't give two phucks bout your rap god, I know it's hard to digest, wash that down with a cup of alomo
You better go and beg D'banj for money grin I don't know any thread about d'banj you will appear there spitting crap as if you earn better than d'banj.

As for Da'Grin if he had lived or still alive today his song would have been rocking everywhere in nigeria it is unfortunate that he died when his fame just started. Stop spitting crap and use your nut-brain to reason for once yes da'grin was a regional star but if he still alive today his song would have cover nigeria but still you know about dagrin don't you? grin he's known everywhere after his death because of his talent and creativity. D'banj also use yoruba lang in most of his songs now tell me is he a regional star or international star? Just tell me grin

Infact most of this artist wether ibo, hausa, urobho, ijaw etc all adopt yoruba lang or slang to their songs. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
K.K Imoh:

tribalism once more, if u had the opportunity to understand what phyno said then u'd be beta than this, OLAMIDE DAGRIN ARE REGIONAL STARS SHIKENA

Well, this 'regional star' classification get as e be No be by language alone. If we apply very strict criteria, then you would find that only a few of the so-called stars in Nigeria today are truly national stars.

Apart from the likes of P Square, Tuface, D'Banj (especially the old D'Banj), Don Jazzy, and perhaps Wizkid, I don't think anyone else is truly national. Only these ones can claim to have solid brand recognition and sizable fan base in every state of the country - including the Sharia/Boko haram havens up north. The rest are merely Lagos/Abuja/Port Harcourt stars at best, and that includes Phyno, Olamide, and the late Da Grin.

That said, I should point out that I am a great fan of Da Grin (I understand Yoruba). Dude's album is definitely one of my personal all time classics in contemporary hip-hop. . . .almost as good as Biggie's Life After Death. That is not so surprising since I consider him almost as good a lyricist as the Notorious B.I.G (and I don't mean to be sacrilegious).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Us Pweetylivia And Rosalieene / Lagos Couple Ride In A Horse Carriage. PICS / Julian Osula Celebrates His 50th Birthday With Ferrari Cake (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.