Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival (39374 Views)

Nairalander Wedding In Zimbabwe (photo). / Oktoberfest, German Beer Festival / Bebe Concepts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by nep2ra(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
This spade and pro01 guys sabi yarn. You need a superior intellect and critical thinking skills to counter act their arguments in a way that doesn't make you look like a cerebral low-life. I doff my hat.

cool

6 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by jomogbomo1: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
I knew this thread was going to take a tribal tone very soon . My yoro guys just dey act like sey dbanj na their God. Dbanj and vic o suppose do mixtape . They have the same musical abilities. im broda kswitch no even suppose be musician. Dbanj it was fun while it lasted but its time to call it a day. Your career don end. Dbanj at most was a regional artiste. 2baba ,psquare dey shake every corner for 9ja but d day dbanj go PH na so people just dey look like who be dis sef. Dbanj is gone, gone like the wind, gone like betamax.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by femorra(m): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
Home » Entertainment » D’banj booed off stage in Zimbabwe

D’banj booed off stage in Zimbabwe
Posted by: Victor Akande in Entertainment 2 days ago

Dapo Oyebanjo aka D’banj was a victim of an unfamiliar terrain recently, where he was one of the acts at the Lion Lager Summer Beer Festival dubbed the “Battle of Africa” in Zimbabwe.
The festival featured Ugandan reggae musician Bebe Cool, representing East Africa, local dancehall artistes Winky D, Guspy Warrior and King Shaddy, while D’Banj represented West Africa.
Unimpressed by his usual showmanship, music buffs sent him out of the stage, shouting at the top of their voices, as the singer displayed what was perceived as an indecent act with some female dancers he called Kokoletes.
Sources from Zimbabwe say D’banj gave the crowd a lacklustre performance that got them even angrier when he introduced a seeming erotic act. He had opened his performance singing Fall in Love, followed by Oliver Twist, Kukere remix, Don’t Tell Me Nonsense, Igwe and Why Me, after which he was said to lost the plot.
“He ran out of steam after exhausting his familiar songs in less than an hour and went into what many revelers described as hogwash,” said a witness.
“Let me see all my Kokoletes on stage, now shake your boom boom and do the catwalk,” D’banj was quoted to have said before plunging into the act that sent him packing.
It was said that P-Square performed at the same festival last year and left fans asking for more.
Only recently, there were murmurs of D’banj’s performance at the just concluded Felabration where did the same with a girl on stage.
“Nigerian musicians are really losing it on stage especially during Felabration,” said an online report. “The other day we saw Burma Boy almost going nude while performing, Vector, the rapper kissing a girl on stage and now the kokomaster himself showing he is the ultimate entertainer by doing this.”

Source:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/dbanj-booed-stage-zimbabwe/

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by jomogbomo1: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
Eja nla don turn eja kekere. Funny na so im wan kill people wit treking and dust 4 im koko concert.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by jomogbomo1: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
femorra: Home » Entertainment » D’banj booed off stage in Zimbabwe

Posted by: Victor Akande in Entertainment 2 days ago

Dapo Oyebanjo aka D’banj was a victim of an unfamiliar terrain recently, where he was one of the acts at the Lion Lager Summer Beer Festival dubbed the “Battle of Africa” in Zimbabwe.
The festival featured Ugandan reggae musician Bebe Cool, representing East Africa, local dancehall artistes Winky D, Guspy Warrior and King Shaddy, while D’Banj represented West Africa.
Unimpressed by his usual showmanship, music buffs sent him out of the stage, shouting at the top of their voices, as the singer displayed what was perceived as an indecent act with some female dancers he called Kokoletes.
Sources from Zimbabwe say D’banj gave the crowd a lacklustre performance that got them even angrier when he introduced a seeming erotic act. He had opened his performance singing Fall in Love, followed by Oliver Twist, Kukere remix, Don’t Tell Me Nonsense, Igwe and Why Me, after which he was said to lost the plot.
“He ran out of steam after exhausting his familiar songs in less than an hour and went into what many revelers described as hogwash,” said a witness.
“Let me see all my Kokoletes on stage, now shake your boom boom and do the catwalk,” D’banj was quoted to have said before plunging into the act that sent him packing.
It was said that P-Square performed at the same festival last year and left fans asking for more.
Only recently, there were murmurs of D’banj’s performance at the just concluded Felabration where did the same with a girl on stage.
“Nigerian musicians are really losing it on stage especially during Felabration,” said an online report. “The other day we saw Burma Boy almost going nude while performing, Vector, the rapper kissing a girl on stage and now the kokomaster himself showing he is the ultimate entertainer by doing this.”

Source:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/dbanj-booed-stage-zimbabwe/
I can't believe he performed that garbage eyin boys oya oya agbero music. Its a good thing the language trick doesn't work on the zimbabweans like it does for the average omolata girls and agbero boys in Sw NIgeria
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by texaco1: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
i will just sit back and enjoy the whole show , when some of us were saying that this guy called dbanj needs to get his acts together and start bringing out good beats and songs with or without don jazzy some of his friends here called us all sort of names and kept on bringing back memories of glorious past.now gradually gradually the truth is been unveiled and everyone is seeing it .
he still has time to get his momentum back but he must start looking for good and better producers than don jazzy and he must start buying good songs from good song writers . pride wont get him anywhere grin grin grin
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
@Who it may concern

They also adopt other languages and slangs too e.g 'Erumadu' 'Chinekemeh' 'chai' 'choi' 'kai' 'walahi' 'shoo' etc cheesy

Meanwhile. . . Ladies, will you accept to be raped in front of your family just to save their lives??

www.nairaland.com/1505886/ladieswill-accept-molested-just-save

#TeamGOM
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by whitecat007: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ibos are behind this fake rumour, they speak against anything Yoruba like their lives depend on us.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
whitecat007: Ibos are behind this fake rumour, they speak against anything Yoruba like their lives depend on us.
And who is this clown grin cheesy grin

You got me laughing hard grin

Like seriously

Biko nu, aru adikwa nwa?? undecided

#TeamGOM

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by jomogbomo1: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
whitecat007: Ibos are behind this fake rumour, they speak against anything Yoruba like their lives depend on us.
ohh so zimbabweans are now igbos right? U dey even think at all? If a monkey made your post i would be disappointed let alone a human being (assuming you are one)

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by LadyH(f): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hoekay.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by LadyH(f): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
pls tell me u r a stand up comedian?

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by texaco1: 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
what sort of comment is this ? angry angry angry
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by pickabeau1: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
safarigirl: i like you, you're an undercover Kokomonster. Dear, it's D'banj that performed in Zim n got booed off, we were on Wizkid 2wks ago for his Abuja failure, so no one is 'singling out' D'banj, if Davido or D'prince f's up, we'll diss em too. Every eediot has his day

Though you are gettin too caustic at times... i dey gbadun your points here

@Abagworo, when u say musicians like P-Square n Dbanj have staying power, it tells u more about the quality of naija music undecided

Im listening to David Guetta... now that is music

Dbanj gets it right once a while but musically he is nothing without D Jazz
Just as he is nothing witout D banj

They needed each other
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Ishilove: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
nep2ra: This spade and pro01 guys sabi yarn. You need a superior intellect and critical thinking skills to counter act their arguments in a way that doesn't make you look like a cerebral low-life. I doff my hat.

cool
Very correct. grin
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by pickabeau1: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dude,,, how can you call Life after Death and daGrin in the same statement

Haba now..

compare him to lupe fiasco

pro01:

Well, this 'regional star' classification get as e be No be by language alone. If we apply very strict criteria, then you would find that only a few of the so-called stars in Nigeria today are truly national stars.

Apart from the likes of P Square, Tuface, D'Banj (especially the old D'Banj), Don Jazzy, and perhaps Wizkid, I don't think anyone else is truly national. Only these ones can claim to have solid brand recognition and sizable fan base in every state of the country - including the Sharia/Boko haram havens up north. The rest are merely Lagos/Abuja/Port Harcourt stars at best, and that includes Phyno, Olamide, and the late Da Grin.

That said, I should point out that I am a great fan of Da Grin (I understand Yoruba). Dude's album is definitely one of my personal all time classics in contemporary hip-hop. . . .almost as good as Biggie's Life After Death. That is not so surprising since I consider him almost as good a lyricist as the Notorious B.I.G (and I don't mean to be sacrilegious).
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Ishilove: 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
We live in a generation that celebrates mediocrity so I am not surprised by the comments I have read thus far on this thread.

The truth is if D'banj had started out with the wack lyrics he is currently subjecting us to, he wouldn't have gone anywhere. He would have been history a long time ago. He is currently living on past glory. It is high time D'banj got his acts together or bow out before he disgraces himself further.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
Spade bro, I love you man! #noHomo . Your replies to those intellectual nitwits were epic man! cheesy cheesy cheesy. Can you see that none of them could disclaim the facts you stated.
All they wrote were the familiar boring lines we are used to already like 'hater' 'he is richer than you' 'He can feed your family'. See people like that are everywhere. Instead of telling him the truth now they will praise him till he fades away like the others before him.

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Salz: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
The truth is that most hit songs in Nigeria today are bereft of ideas. They focus on three themes: , women and wine. Check the reigning top 10 Nigerians songs. You will discover they are shallow in terms of lyrical content, and they sound too similar.
In D'banj's case, his lyrics has not changed. His trademark lewd and spacey lyrics have been there since "Tongolo". But the need to appeal to a broader fan base and the rift with Don Jazzy has taken the shine out of his music. His last album, Da King's Men, has not been felt in Nigeria. I'm sure some his foot soldiers here do not have it.
Nobody is saying D'banj is not rich, but he's an average singer who's got God in his corner.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by texaco1: 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Salz: The truth is that most hit songs in Nigeria today are bereft of ideas. They focus on three themes: , women and wine. Check the reigning top 10 Nigerians songs. You will discover they are shallow in terms of lyrical content, and they sound too similar.
In D'banj's case, his lyrics has not changed. His trademark lewd and spacey lyrics have been there since "Tongolo". But the need to appeal to a broader fan base and the rift with Don Jazzy has taken the shine out of his music. His last album, Da King's Men, has not been felt in Nigeria. I'm sure some his foot soldiers here do not have it.
Nobody is saying D'banj is not rich, but he's an average singer who's got God in his corner.
I thought some of his fanatical fans here said that he sold 5million copies of dkm? I wonder where they got that figure from
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by ibnakeem: 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
safarigirl: I guess you're in denial. Top of the World is not owned by D'banj, ever wondered why it hasn't been nominated for an award despite how good it is? So for your mind, Finally and Oyato are for 'matured minds'? Lemme laugh. Guy abeg find seat, your eye dey turn. @tintingz, you're HOPELESS, please learn to read, else we'll be going in circles, you still talking bout SW, if you join other tribes there it still won't exceed 25% of the population and not all non-Yorubas in SW understand Yoruba. Hence, a majority of Nigerians don't give two phucks bout your rap god, I know it's hard to digest, wash that down with a cup of alomo
what do you stand to gain in badmouthing dagrin and d'banj. The last time I checked these guys have made their mark in their chosen field and you are yet to be recognised beyond your family. Get a life lady and stop attacking d'banj's personality. Whether you like it or not, d'banj has made name for himself whether he is a wack singer or not.

5 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: Dude,,, how can you call Life after Death and daGrin in the same statement

Haba now..

compare him to lupe fiasco

I knew my fellow Biggie disciples would consider that comparison somewhat 'sacrilegious'. . . .that's why I issued a caveat, lol. It's just a personal opinion, and I really believe Da Grin was THAT good. I was a late convert though, but that CEO album IS phenomenal.

If you'd forgive me for comparing Da Grin to Biggie, then I'd suggest that Olamide is more like Nigeria's Lupe Fiasco, at best.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
Smfdh! I still don't know why you lot hate Dbanj so much. Artists get booed all time. He left Don Jazzy - so fvcking what? People move on and new alliances are formed. If Don Jazzy is that great, tell ol'boy to create another D'banj.

As for those questioning his talent - can you lot name any naija artist that's actually talented apart from Asa and Nneka? And don't mention M.I because he's wack. I'm a rap-head and I know a bubble-gum rapper when I see one.

Most of you guys are sick in the head, to be honest. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by safarigirl(f): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
texaco1: I thought some of his fanatical fans here said that he sold 5million copies of dkm? I wonder where they got that figure from
they tallied it at one of their many NURTW meetings in Lagos. I won't even reply the Kokomonsters anymore cuz their arguments get more pathetic everytime.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
Salz: The truth is that most hit songs in Nigeria today are bereft of ideas. They focus on three themes: , women and wine. Check the reigning top 10 Nigerians songs. You will discover they are shallow in terms of lyrical content, and they sound too similar.

However, why are you singling D'banj out for critique since all of them are just basically the same? Lyrics, beats and everything else sound the same. There's no originality in naija music. Almost everything is just pure trash!
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by safarigirl(f): 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
shymexx: Smfdh! I still don't know why you lot hate Dbanj so much. Artists get booed all time. He left Don Jazzy - so fvcking what? People move on and new alliances are formed. If Don Jazzy is that great, tell ol'boy to create another D'banj.

As for those questioning his talent - can you lot name any naija artist that's actually talented apart from Asa and Nneka? And don't mention M.I because he's wack. I'm a rap-head and I know a bubble-gum rapper when I see one.

na wa o. People are sick in the head cuz they think D'banj is wack. I don hear today
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
shymexx: Smfdh! I still don't know why you lot hate Dbanj so much. Artists get booed all time. He left Don Jazzy - so fvcking what? People move on and new alliances are formed. If Don Jazzy is that great, tell ol'boy to create another D'banj.

Shuu! shocked you just call yourself a rap head like that . . . That's an insult to us you know?

Oya tell me the meaning of this sign / in Rap lyrics if you claim a rap head undecided

#TeamGOM
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
safarigirl: na wa o. People are sick in the head cuz they think D'banj is wack. I don hear today

Shut up! Which naija artist is bigger than him?

I still don't know why you hate the guy so much. Did he ra.pe or jilt you?

Get a life and leave the guy alone!!

You just can't lead your everyday life hating on a next man's hustle, that's just bad mind.

And even if he's "wack" - how's that your business? - how about let him be?

6 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
god_of_music: Shuu! shocked you just call yourself a rap head like that . . . That's an insult to us you know?

Oya tell me the meaning of this sign / in Rap lyrics if you claim a rap head undecided

#TeamGOM

FOH - what do you know about rap music? And which naija rapper can actually rap?

I'm not even a rapper but I rap better than almost all those clowns masquerading as naija rappers - go ask CFCfan.

Don't talk to me about rap music. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
@post
I agree with @spade, but not where 9ice is concerned
You see, I absolutely love his voice/lyrics (i do not understand Yoruba, being Igbo)....but same way I love and feel the flow of Fuji music, is the same way I am into 9ice

I have to admit, I talk about his old songs, have not heard any new one

About the twins, great stage acts but I have to say I have not been able to forgive them for that WestLife's Soledad's "pimping"

Ok, I am not a good critic but give me a Flavour, a 9ice, a Duncan Mighty.....any day over DBanj or PSquare

I would still pick PSquare over DBanj
Cos lately I see his videos and SMH
He has lost even his African-ness (one had an Underworldy-Twilighty theme- I cringed in all the emotions that make one cringe)....
And that to me, is good bye

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
D’Banj literally broke
contemporary sounds and music from
Africa onto the mainstream Global
stage recently with his smash-hit
‘Oliver Twist’. ‘Oliver Twist’ has sold
more than 11 million copies worldwide
to date.
The single debuted at number
9 on the UK National charts just behind
the likes of Rihanna and Tulisa.
shocked shocked

www.m.notjustok.com/2012/12/12/dbanj-releases-new-single-top-of-the-world-announces-sony-music-africa-record-deal/?x=m

Eja Nla!! grin

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
shymexx:

FOH - what do you know about rap music? And which naija rapper can actually rap?

I'm not even a rapper but I rap better than almost all those clowns masquerading as naija rappers - go ask CFCfan.

Don't talk to me about rap music. undecided
LWKMD! Like seriously CFCfan?? That sport guy I thought you were gonna call some one like Mikuz,Mynd,Ibime,Glacierz and the other rap lords. . . And you just came up with a sport rat You've just insulted the rap/Hip hop heads of Nairaland' Gosh!!!! angry

#TeamGOM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Us Pweetylivia And Rosalieene / Lagos Couple Ride In A Horse Carriage. PICS / Julian Osula Celebrates His 50th Birthday With Ferrari Cake (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.