Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival (40002 Views)

Nairalander Wedding In Zimbabwe (photo). / Oktoberfest, German Beer Festival / Bebe Concepts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by safarigirl(f): 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ishilove:
Hell no. Da grin was a philosopher
philosopher or not, he remains a regional star. So to say he was the best Naija artiste is an exaggeration since one had to understand Yoruba to some extent to like his music. He's like the Fuji guys, he may be good, but not up to 25% of Nigerians cared about him

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Polio: 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
hammedkola: And what's the noise and too-much formatting of text about?...Was he not paid for his performance?...Abeg park well and say something else, afterall you can't expect to win all the time

You are a moro...n

You mentality is gutter grade and dumb!

Just look at the question coming out of your mouth, "was he not paid for the performance?"

The justification and glorification of mediocrity will take you lot no where

Making excuses for ineptitude wont bring you lot any tangible progress.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Esinwaju: 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
safarigirl: philosopher or not, he remains a regional star. So to say he was the best Naija artiste is an exaggeration since one had to understand Yoruba to some extent to like his music. He's like the Fuji guys, he may be good, but not up to 25% of Nigerians cared about him
Phyno...is he a regional star?

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
safarigirl: this is an unfair generalization, that ALL Nigerian artistes are empty? Haba! Have you forgotten the likes of Bez, Tu face, Praiz, Darey, Waje, Naeto C, Tiwa Savage, M.I, and these are the ones based here. I don't even agree that P-square have vapid lyrics, when you think of songs like 'No one like you', 'More than a friend' 'Omoge mi' 'Am I still that special man' 'Ifunanya' 'Bye bye' 'Forever' 'Say your love' and many more, I doubt you'll think of their lyrics as wack, the only reason some say those guys are wack is cuz they're listening to 'Personally' 'Alingo' and 'Chop my money' their most recent songs. Apart from Davido, D'banj, Wizkid, KCee, D'prince and some others I can't remember, Naija artistes shouldn't be lumped together as wack. You should listen to Ese Peters and Temi Dollface. Da grin is dead, we should focus on the living, he would have ended up like Olamide- a regional star, or do you think anyone out of Western Nigeria cared much about him? I didn't even know of him till he died. Some may even argue that he was wack too
LOL see this dumb asss chicken, you don't know Da'grin and you post this crap? undecided

Ask anybody from SW about Chief Executive Omota and you will get your reapond grin

Odeh!
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
safarigirl: philosopher or not, he remains a regional star. So to say he was the best Naija artiste is an exaggeration since one had to understand Yoruba to some extent to like his music. He's like the Fuji guys, he may be good, but not up to 25% of Nigerians cared about him
There are many igbo even northern peeps I know that love Da'Grin's rap...if you are not in Lagos you are on a long thing grin

What makes phyno known in SW with igbo rap, is he not living Lagos? I doubt if he was in igbo land releasing his ibo rap his song will just be floating in ibo land...thank his star he featured Olamide in his ghost mode track to gain more fans in SW but still I skip his rap sometimes cuz its not doppe the way Olamide killed the beat. smiley
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Esin waju: Phyno...is he a regional star?
LOL good!....phyno wey dey beg Olamide to feature him grin

Nigga raw that rap like hungry ibo man, where is he now? grin
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ishilove:
Hell no. Da grin was a philosopher
LOLz you minding her....Da'Grin was the rapper that murdered many beatz with yoruba language and loved by many fans.

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
Concerning the OP report, there are many artiste that have been booed on stage it doesn't change anything about them nor killed their star, they even learned from it and adjust smiley
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
If you must know D'banj wow the recent show in Guinness concert.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-A1oYoGHohVA/UnetS6uCJVI/AAAAAAACKvs/LcHcqc2sIRg/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-D-jL_WcAmHw/UnetTpRqDjI/AAAAAAACKv0/BINdiJVdW2M/s400/5.jpg[/img]

cheesy cheesy he was booed by poor local zim peeps but still loved by his own people and africa. Keep reping jare

Source

4 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by safarigirl(f): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
tintingz: LOL see this dumb asss chicken, you don't know Da'grin and you post this crap? undecided

Ask anybody from SW about Chief Executive Omota and you will get your reapond grin

Odeh!
olodo part 1&2, daft illiterate, did you make any sense after throwing an unnecessary insult? You just proved my point. I should ask anyone in the SW, 21% of Nigerians. Are you re.tar.ded or you have difficulty in reading? Oloriburuku oshi, I didn't say I don't know him, I said I only knew him after his death. I insist that Da grin was a regional star and the fact that I'm not a teeming fan doesn't make me an 'ode' you hopeless oaf, Tu Pac was greater than your Da grin and more philosophical, but some people don't give two sheets bout him, talk less a man who rapped in Yoruba that how many people understand? You're just like the kokomonsters.

6 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
safarigirl: mogbe! You haf kee me, K-switch ke? When did Kswitch become somebody? Ah! You haff lost, even May D that P-square managed for less than a year has more claim to fame than that NURTW prospect that they've been trying to squeeze 'tal' from talk less talent. Till today, na only 'Oluwa is involved' I don hear from K-switch(off) and the senselessness of that song is unrivalled. Vic O na celeb for Kswitch side. Bros I take Olodumare beg you, ejo, if people dey list musicians don't even think of K-switch, those kids that sang 'JOY JOY JOY' are even more famous than K-switch.
that means u are local!! U are just shouting!!! I know nairalanders that listen to kay switch music nowadays know the changes in him!! Many artiste are nw featuring him!! well,I cant argue wit u,coz u don't download music,it is only what 90.5 fm play for u that u listen to!! Get a fone or system then Go and download kay switch tracks produced outside mohit and come back to me!!!!

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by safarigirl(f): 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
tintingz: LOLz you minding her....Da'Grin was the rapper that murdered many beatz with yoruba language and loved by many fans.
illiterate tribalistic noisemaker, he was loved by many agberos like you. Are you vexed cuz not everyone is bowing for your bros? Why bring nigga raw into this? Who told you I'm Igbo or do y'all just assume anyone who isn't supporting Yorubas is Igbo. He murdered beats with Yoruba? And I should care because? Please Da grin is dead, don't make me insult a dead person cuz of your nonsensical argument, I never said I thought him wack, I even have some of his songs, rather I called him a 'regional' star, that is what he is and he'll forever be. Phyno is rockin in the SW mostly cuz there's a large Igbo population there to boost his style, but Da grin was barely famous in the SE cuz Yorubas don't have much of a presence there. I don't think Phyno is better than Da grin, he's just more sellable. PS: You're a Kokomonster too? Figures.

6 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by safarigirl(f): 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
rahazaqa: that means u are local!! U are just shouting!!! I know nairalanders that listen to kay switch music nowadays know the changes in him!! Many artiste are nw featuring him!! well,I cant argue wit u,coz u don't download music,it is only what 90.5 fm play for u that u listen to!! Get a fone or system then Go and download kay switch tracks produced outside mohit and come back to me!!!!
lol, it's LOCAL people that listen to Kswitch. Have you ever seen an ajegbo listening to that trash the noisemaker calls music? Please don't be ridiculous. what is 90.5 fm? I'm shouting? You with your multiple exclamation marks think I'm shouting? Niqqa please! Kswitch's songs outside mo'hits? Don Jazzy couldn't trust him with a track, he didn't even get a single. Artistes feature him cuz he's D'banj's bro, same reason he was on Mo'hits, who are these 'many artistes' btw? I can't waste MB and download trash that could crash my system, I'd rather download Tonto Dikeh's 'hi'

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
nickz: hahaha cheesy cheesy joke of the year!! Dude raise your hand up high and give yourself a 'heavy knock' on your head grin ........just so you get enlightened wearing a versace belt,good music chain and a million dollar suit doesn't make you THE BEST MUSICIAN..... angry angry cheesy
see u,mumu..dis 1 can't pay u,go and announce at a radio station!!!! What u don't knw is that ,all dis stuff u are doing can't let him loose his fans,fame and money!! All his music lover will continue to love him!!!..I like my dbanj!! Playing ''finally''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
safarigirl: lol, it's LOCAL people that listen to Kswitch. Have you ever seen an ajegbo listening to that trash the noisemaker calls music? Please don't be ridiculous. what is 90.5 fm? I'm shouting? You with your multiple exclamation marks think I'm shouting? Niqqa please! K switch's songs outside mo'hits? Don Jazzy couldn't trust him with a track, he didn't even get a single. Artistes feature him cuz he's D'banj's bro, same reason he was on Mo'hits, who are these 'many artistes' btw? I can't waste MB and download trash that could crash my system, I'd rather download Tonto Dikeh's 'hi'
I see,u are managin ur mb so u record music played on radio station!!! Beg for #100,load a credit,then go and download Sister caro,obi month,,for example,ghetto remix etc..u can use google!!!! K switch is far better than Dr sid and d prince!!! I will not argue with u!! Coz u don't download music bcoz of ur little mb!! So just keep shot!!! And moreso,if that k switch give u 5k na,he go .... ur ....... like mad! No! No!! K switch don't .... ..a ....girl.....mouth sealed!!!!
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fussbot: no vex o,i jst wan ask

sae u wey no criticize am now,u or ur family go get quarter of in money?

and u wey dey critisize ,were u paid?? Just that!! Enemy of progress will never suceed!!
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
safarigirl: olodo part 1&2, daft illiterate, did you make any sense after throwing an unnecessary insult? You just proved my point. I should ask anyone in the SW, 21% of Nigerians. Are you re.tar.ded or you have difficulty in reading? Oloriburuku oshi, I didn't say I don't know him, I said I only knew him after his death.
You must be high on something or maybe down with chicken brain grin

If you are in southwest you wont spit all this crap you just posted Da'grin was loved by many people even by the ibos living SW and some few hausas I don't know about other region, do they even listen to real music?

I insist that Da grin was a regional star and the fact that I'm not a teeming fan doesn't make me an 'ode' you hopeless oaf, Tu Pac was greater than your Da grin and more philosophical, but some people don't give two sheets bout him, talk less a man who rapped in Yoruba that how many people understand? You're just like the kokomonsters.
you are still an ode grin why comparing an american rapper to an african rapper I can see the odeish in you grin

D'Grin was an philosopher he was loved by many fans not only yoruba people but other tribes in Lagos, if Da'Grin was still alive am 100% sure his music will circulate Nigeria, he died when his fame just started but now his name is known everywhere as the doppe hiphop yoruba rapper. Get that to your skull chicken brain. grin
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by tintingz(m): 12:13am On Nov 05, 2013
safarigirl: illiterate tribalistic noisemaker, he was loved by many agberos like you. Are you vexed cuz not everyone is bowing for your bros? Why bring nigga raw into this? Who told you I'm Igbo or do y'all just assume anyone who isn't supporting Yorubas is Igbo. He murdered beats with Yoruba? And I should care because? Please Da grin is dead, don't make me insult a dead person cuz of your nonsensical argument,
LOLz, Da'Grin was loved by many people not only by the street boyz but everybody, his rapping with yoruba lang wowed many people he was creative and he murdered many beatz with his rap, he was given many awards just that he died when his fame just started.

You don't need to bow your chicken head to CEO because you lack reasoning, I don't even know why you mention Da'Grin in this thread when the topic was all about dbanj, you must be the tribalist foo-l(sorry if i just said that). I mentioned nigga raw as an example of your dumb reasoning even tho raw lived in lagos and yet his songs are no where to be found. grin

I never said I thought him wack, I even have some of his songs, rather I called him a 'regional' star, that is what he is and he'll forever be.
you said no one care about him(Grin) that some people see him as a whack artiste. Again go and ask anybody living SW about the chief executive omota(CEO). smiley

Phyno is rockin in the SW mostly cuz there's a large Igbo population there to boost his style, but Da grin was barely famous in the SE cuz Yorubas don't have much of a presence there. I don't think Phyno is better than Da grin, he's just more sellable. PS: You're a Kokomonster too? Figures.
LOlz, phyno is rocking? I guess because he lived in SW and begged Olamide to gain more fans.

As for your ibo population I wonder why they all rushed to the yoruba land to make money and do business why can't they sit their assess in their ibo land let them release one song and see if the song will even pass through their backyard. ibos populated lagos is a big lie then I guess there are no yorubas living SW then ode grin

Yorubas don't need to live SE we are enjoying our land in SW and rocking our land, I won't say more I don't want some chicken brains to label me a tribalist. grin

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by KKImoh: 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
sandijey: Don't mind the jobless mofo! You just had to compare him wiv psquare wiv their tombo music. The kind of money dbanj has made, I doubt if u or ur family can make quarter!
balu! See ya mouth like Tombo! Can u compare d.banj of 2008 backward, to this present d.banj, the guy is dieing of quickly
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by demelza: 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
As usual, it has been tribalized.
Typical NL

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
hammedkola:

And who told you that is the end of his (9ice) career?....Even if they don't appreciate him (Dbanj) because of unexpected performance in Zimbabwe, will that be the end of his stage performance...This same Dbanj performed in front of the world in SA at the AFCON closing, so what's your own "claimed deep proud mentality" about?

Seriously? U think he wrote that song?
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
No matter what anyonr says. Dbanj and Don Jazzy can never be one again.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
Booty butt chic: I can't believe some people really believd d op's write up....tsk tsk.....

U people are slow

That he (dbanj) wrote "On top of the world" abi, its your type that sees "Don't tell me nonsense" as good music.

Crappy musician with tout-followers

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
mayten30: gbam!!one of the songs in his first album he said it out loud and clear,he said "am an entertainer i entertain"so he has made it known right from start that he is not a talented musician but he is an entertainer and he is making his cash!!!for example look at lady gaga,she is not the best singer in america but because she is a good entertainer she makes so much money on tours that even some good american singers cannot make.

Sharap!!! Kai, if you were beside me ehn, the kind of slap you will receive. Lady Gaga doesn't know how to sing? I guess u only started listening to music this year.

Don't say it outside o angry Taa!!!

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Abagworo(m): 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
Zimbabweans are simply jealous and just wanted to feel good about themselves by ridiculing a Nigerian artist. Bebe Cool is good but not comparable with D'banj in terms of international hits.

For all those expecting D'banj to make music that appeals to the teenagers and Uni students of nowadays , I'll advice you to continue waiting in vain. D'banj should focus on making more matured music like "Top of The World" as it looks ridiculous when a 34 year old man is trying to make music for teenagers.
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by KKImoh: 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
tintingz: There are many igbo even northern peeps I know that love Da'Grin's rap...if you are not in Lagos you are on a long thing grin

What makes phyno known in SW with igbo rap, is he not living Lagos? I doubt if he was in igbo land releasing his ibo rap his song will just be floating in ibo land...thank his star he featured Olamide in his ghost mode track to gain more fans in SW but still I skip his rap sometimes cuz its not doppe the way Olamide killed the beat. smiley
tribalism once more, if u had the opportunity to understand what phyno said then u'd be beta than this, OLAMIDE DAGRIN ARE REGIONAL STARS SHIKENA
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by KKImoh: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
rahazaqa: that means u are local!! U are just shouting!!! I know nairalanders that listen to kay switch music nowadays know the changes in him!! Many artiste are nw featuring him!! well,I cant argue wit u,coz u don't download music,it is only what 90.5 fm play for u that u listen to!! Get a fone or system then Go and download kay switch tracks produced outside mohit and come back to me!!!!
BALU! Kay switch, u must be a joker, outsyd lekki in lagos, no baga knws who he is, d only sung dat went a bit wild was dat OLUWA track, apart 4rm dat, all na wash
Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by striker9(m): 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
tintingz: If you must know D'banj wow the recent show in Guinness concert.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-A1oYoGHohVA/UnetS6uCJVI/AAAAAAACKvs/LcHcqc2sIRg/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-D-jL_WcAmHw/UnetTpRqDjI/AAAAAAACKv0/BINdiJVdW2M/s400/5.jpg[/img]

cheesy cheesy he was booed by poor local zam peeps but still loved by his own people and africa. Keep reping jare

Source
If D,banj is wack,I gbadun am like that.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
sandijey:

Suwegbe! It doesn't offend me. I just wonder how a human being can wake up and start talking down about someone! A lot of Big artist gets booed on stage, doesn mean anyfin! Why does dbanjs own give u so much happiness, u now had to bring in psquare. Does dbanj and psquare sing the same kinda song? Or ure indirectly trying to be tribalstic? What point are u tryna make? If his downfall brings food to your tble or it gives u something to be happy about in your life! Good For u

Why is it so difficult for you to understand? Dbanj sings crap, I don't blame u, his crap sounds like good music to you.

Now move on, go listen to "Don't tell me nonsense", really says a lot about u.

1 Like

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by KKImoh: 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
tintingz: LOLz, Da'Grin was loved by many people not only by the street boyz but everybody, his rapping with yoruba lang wowed many people he was creative and he murdered many beatz with his rap, he was given many awards just that he died when his fame just started.

You don't need to bow your chicken head to CEO because you lack reasoning, I don't even know why you mention Da'Grin in this thread when the topic was all about dbanj, you must be the tribalist foo-l(sorry if i just said that). I mentioned nigga raw as an example of your dumb reasoning even tho raw lived in lagos and yet his songs are no where to be found. grin

you said no one care about him(Grin) that some people see him as a whack artiste. Again go and ask anybody living SW about the chief executive omota(CEO). smiley

LOlz, phyno is rocking? I guess because he lived in SW and begged Olamide to gain more fans.

As for your ibo population I wonder why they all rushed to the yoruba land to make money and do business why can't they sit their assess in their ibo land let them release one song and see if the song will even pass through their backyard. ibos populated lagos is a big lie then I guess there are no yorubas living SW then ode grin

Yorubas don't need to live SE we are enjoying our land in SW and rocking our land, I won't say more I don't want some chicken brains to label me a tribalist. grin
u r a fool,

3 Likes

Re: Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dbanj might be somewhere phuckkingg one of your cousins. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Policeman Carrying A Bag For A Man In Imo At A Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Dollars Rain Heavily At A Wedding Ceremony In Benin, Edo State (Video) / Nigerian Woman Weds British Man In The UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.