Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,785 members, 7,844,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? (6802 Views)

We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / See What The Almajiris In Nigeria Said About Goodluck Jonathan (READ) / AK47 Rifle Recovered In Islamic School Mosque Full Of Almajiris In Niger-police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by kobojunkii(f): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

That would be a lie. I[b] have NEVER seen an Igbo beggar in Igboland[/b]. Why would they start begging in another man's land? Igbo culture is not based on begging. You either work, or die. That is the simple thing we do. To beg is beneath us. An Igbo man would move in with his extended family and do chores around s house instead of begging. Igbos have preventing of proverbs concerning beggars and none of them are good. There is no type of social welfare in Igboland. Work, work and more work is the philosophy.

When did Laurel, Maryland US become Igboland?

I live in Lagos all my life, and I am telling you that there are Igbos in Lagos who beg for money, just as how there are Hausaa and Tivs and the rest. It is not an epidemic, but it is certainly becoming an eyesore.

Irrespective, people will do anything to survive, including begging, and like everyone else, Ibos beg!
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Obiagu1(m): 11:51am On Dec 21, 2010
kobojunkii:

Most of the Almanjiris is Yorubaland are Igbos!

I am not making this up. It is welll documented.

Yorubas do not beg, they are upstanding members of the society.

And how does that sound to you? Pleased? Then give it a rest.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by SouthEast: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
Have they checked SW almajiris in other states too?
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Ngodigha: 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2011
SouthEast:

Have they checked SW almajiris in other states too?
Just few months after Fashola sent them packing have they returned speedily. Something is really wrong with this people.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by SouthEast: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha:

Just few months after Fashola sent them packing have they returned speedily. Something is really wrong with this people.

These are not hausa almajiris. These are Yoruba . Please read the first post before you comment
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Ngodigha: 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
SouthEast:

These are not hausa almajiris. These are Yoruba . Please read the first post before you comment
I did not say they are Hausas. Fashola sent Yoruba almajiris back to their states mostly Ekiti state. Without hesistation, they have come back to Lagos streets.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by SouthEast: 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha:

I did not say they are Hausas. Fashola sent Yoruba almajiris back to their states mostly Ekiti state. Without hesistation, they have come back to Lagos streets.
ROFLMAO
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by aloyemeka2: 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha:

You mean Fulanis who crossed Ekiti border?
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by bashr4: 12:40am On Jul 30, 2011
this almajiro thing is not a laughing matter ,its now affecting the south east they are trooping into anambra,rivers and enugu day by day, the earlier we all do something about the poverty rate in nigeria esp the north and SW the beter for all of us in naija. infact theres a cold war going on now in the SE/SS between nigerian almajiros and somalians .you people might think its funny but its going to affect all of us soon.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by SouthEast1: 12:49am On Oct 01, 2011
Hunger kills them in their own land?
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by emiye(m): 1:05am On Oct 01, 2011
Igbos and tribalism!! 2BAD!!
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by ak47mann(m): 12:01am On Nov 29, 2011
shocked
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by AndreUweh(m): 1:00am On Nov 29, 2011
emiye:

It seems you lack comprehension, anyway, this article wasn't written by an Igbo.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by aljharem3: 1:16am On Nov 29, 2011
emiye:

bros you can say that again
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by bashr8: 1:55am On Nov 29, 2011
lol accusing igbos of tribalism even when the article was not writtten by an igbo man , besides he is telling us what we already know.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by AndreUweh(m): 1:58am On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

lol accusing igbos of tribalism even when the article was not writtten by an igbo man , besides he is telling us what we already know.
My brother I tire for them ooh. Alh Harem's ulterior motive in nairaland is mock the Igbo nation.
What a failure.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Obiagu1(m): 2:07am On Nov 29, 2011
A beg, make una leave Yorubas alone.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by aljharem3: 2:11am On Nov 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

A beg, make una leave Yorubas alone.

daalu o , Biko un nwanne, help o

Andre Uweh:

My brother I tire for them ooh. Alh Harem's ulterior motive in nairaland is mock the Igbo nation.
What a failure.

Mock the igbo nation shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy I am glad you see me that way

I have watched as una day yarn opatala for years sine 2007 but now gave u a taste of una medicine una dey complain

Well thank your stars I am not a tribalist real life. Yes thank you stars una people liek you that have been tribalistic since 2007 and we all have been watch to see if u would stop.

just thank your stars.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Obiagu1(m): 2:22am On Nov 29, 2011
alj_harem:

daalu o , Biko un nwanne, help o

You did not wait for me to complete my statement. embarassed

A beg, make una leave Yorubas alone as they retrogress happily.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by aljharem3: 2:30am On Nov 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

You did not wait for me to complete my statement. embarassed

A beg, make una leave Yorubas alone as they retrogress happily.

Hmmm Ok. noted, sha don't complain if the yorubas go tribalsitic. Me thinking to myself the mature one here
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Obiagu1(m): 2:42am On Nov 29, 2011
alj_harem:

Hmmm Ok. noted, sha don't complain if the yorubas go tribalsitic. Me thinking to myself the mature one here

I meant there's no need reminding them of their economic state because they seem happy with it. There have been debates over this several times and some of them came up with statistics that can't be correlated with what's on the ground.

So they are happy with it.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by aljharem3: 2:54am On Nov 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

I meant there's no need reminding them of their economic state because they seem happy with it. There have been debates over this several times and some of them came up with statistics that can't be correlated with what's on the ground.

So they are happy with it.

One question and please be honest with urself

Since you are a Nigeria (I guess) are you happy with the state Nigeria is now ?

Forget whatever region

i am sure u have flew out of the country before and as such have been to the west or east, were you happy ?

If yes, then I have nothing further more to say

If no, then if u were not happy how do you expect the average man on the street to be happy.

You talk of statistics just showed everyone in Nigeria is suffereing and smilling thanks to years of mismanagement

even at that, it was necessary to be brought out given that people like you claim that other regions don't contribute to the Nations wealth of which you are trying to tell me again.

or am I saying rubbish here ?
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Obiagu1(m): 3:12am On Nov 29, 2011
alj_harem:

One question and please be honest with urself

Since you are a Nigeria (I guess) are you happy with the state Nigeria is now ?

Forget whatever region

i am sure u have flew out of the country before and as such have been to the west or east, were you happy ?

If yes, then I have nothing further more to say

If no, then if u were not happy how do you expect the average man on the street to be happy.

You talk of statistics just showed everyone in Nigeria is suffereing and smilling thanks to years of mismanagement

even at that, it was necessary to be brought out given that people like you claim that other regions don't contribute to the Nations wealth of which you are trying to tell me again.

or am I saying rubbish here ?

If you're asking me whether I like the state Nigeria is now, you shouldn't have because you know I despise Nigeria and nothing seems to work.

But if you ask me if some people are really happy retrogressing, then YES.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Nchara: 3:21am On Nov 29, 2011
Why we can’t tax Osun people, by Aregbesola
By Adesoji Adeniyi 21 hours 46 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Rauf Aregbesola Rauf Aregbesola

Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola at the weekend explained why his administration has refused to tax the people.

A[b]regbesola said his people are very poor and tax would be an unnecessary burden on them.[/b]

He spoke at the Banquet Hall of the State House in Osogbo, the state capital, during a dinner with representatives of various financial institutions.

The dinner was part of activities marking the one year anniversary of the Aregbesola administration in office.

The governor urged the institutions to assist in eradicating poverty in the state, assuring them of security and a business friendly environment.

He solicited for funds to finance capital projects and programmes that would improve the state’s economy.

Aregbesola said: “I am in Osun State to eradicate poverty. If you are talking about Unclad poverty, it is here in the state. We can not tax anybody here because we do not want them to die.
[b]
“Are we going to tax people waiting to die? [/b]We were able to save 13 million in the last year, not through tax, but by blocking leakages in the system. So you bankers have no choice than to help us deliver good governance to the people. We need your support to eradicate poverty.

“I am amused about the uninformed comments of our predecessor in office about the finances of the state. They are confused and cannot comprehend what we are doing because they are not financially literate.

“We have the vision, passion and action. I am here to change the fate of the black man through the various programmes and projects of our unusual and unconventional government.

“My predecessor left the state’s account in a bad state. We met a suffocating loan of N18.3 billion, which the Olagunsoye Oyinlola administration secured in an unprofessional manner.

“But within a year in office, my administration was able to increase the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state from N300 million to N600 million and pay the loan through the access of N25 million bond from the bank, with the monthly servicing of less than N100 million, instead of the N800 million used to service the former loan.”

The governor said his administration does not wait for the federal allocation before it pays its workers, adding that any state waiting for it is doomed.

He said states rejected the October allocation because of President Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to deduct some amount from it for the creation of Sovereign Wealth.

Aregbesola said nobody has the right to deduct from any state’s allocation without the governor’s consent.

He advised state governments to exploit other avenues for generating revenue.

Commissioner for Finance, Economic Planning and Budgeting, Dr. wale Bolorunduro said the government plans to increase the IGR to N1 billion next year.

On incessant bank robberies in the state, Bolorunduro said the government has collaborated with security agencies to forestall a recurrence. He said the governor has ordered for five Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) and established a security trust fund to combat the menace.

Many of the bank executives acknowledged the governor’s passion for development and promised to support his administration.

They include: Ayo Abina, Skye Bank; Elias Akenzua, Zenith Bank; Akinleye Ogunleye, Diamond Bank; and Boyin Oladokun, Unity Bank.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/27811-why-we-can%E2%80%99t-tax-osun-people%2C-by-aregbesola.html
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Funkymallam(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2011
Nairaland sha lipsrsealed
but this begging thing is also creeping into the south easth, especially @ d motor parks, u see dem singing melodiously and in groups soliciting for alms
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by LagosShia: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
so what about Igbo practice of armed robbery,hooliganism,kidnapping,drug trafficking and ritual killing ?

at least begging is still better than committing crime.begging is not a crime.it shows the sad reality of the state of affairs in the country.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Nigerien: 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
LagosShia:

so what about Igbo practice of armed robbery,hooliganism,kidnapping,drug trafficking and ritual killing ?

at least begging is still better than committing crime.begging is not a crime.it shows the sad reality of the state of affairs in the country.

U wel so?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-813934.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-812316.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-810016.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-805008.0.html
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by LagosShia: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
Nigerien:

U wel so?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-813934.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-812316.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-810016.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-805008.0.html

we are talking here of specialization.since you guys have made begging the specialty of yorubas and hausas,i am only pointing out that igbos also have their specialTIES!!!!

do you also want me to search nairaland for the many threads igbos have starred in their specialties? or should we find the exceptional stories about igbos begging and post it?

definitely,the igbos are a proud and aggressive people who do not disrespect themselves by begging even though we could find exceptions among them.however the igbos specialize in other fields and have mastered those fields where other tribes can be seen as mediocres/amateurs.you can take as example the state of security in the east as a whole and tell us if i'm being biased or tribalistic.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Nigerien: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
LagosShia:

we are talking here of specialization.since you guys have made begging the specialty of yorubas and hausas,i am only pointing out that igbos also have their specialTIES!!!!

do you also want me to search nairaland for the many threads igbos have starred in their specialties? or should we find the an exceptional story about igbos begging and post it?

definitely,the igbos are a proud and aggressive people who do not disrespect themselves by begging even though we could find exceptions among them.however the igbos specialize in other fields and have mastered those fields where other tribes can be seen as mediocres/amateurs.you can take the state of security in the east as a whole and tell us if i'm being biased or tribalistic.

U be mumu? Peope from every Naija Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa are bad or good. Ibo no get holiganism like Yoruba. Ibo no forge visa like Yoruba. Ibo no kidnap Yoruba in Iboland but Yoruba kidnap Igbo in Yorubaland. Ibo and Yoruba do juju togeda and carry drug togeda. Wetin you tell?
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by LagosShia: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
Nigerien:

U be mumu? Peope from every Naija Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa are bad or good. Ibo no get holiganism like Yoruba. Ibo no forge visa like Yoruba. Ibo no kidnap Yoruba in Iboland but Yoruba kidnap Igbo in Yorubaland. Ibo and Yoruba do juju togeda and carry drug togeda. Wetin you tell?

my friend no need to be tense and emotional.

i am only talking about specialization.i know there are good and bad people everywhere.no doubt about that.i agree with you.infact some of the nicest people you can find in nigeria are igbos.also friends i have high regards for are igbos.

i just hope you would have shown this your high sense of fairness when others were busy making begging the specialty of other tribes.it is good you accept there is good and bad everywhere.that is enough said.
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by Nigerien: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2011
LagosShia:

i am only talking about specialization.

Okay Yoruba special in dirty, visa and certificate forge, gbomogbomo, kidnap ibos, corruption (Obasanjo, Bankole, Tafa Balogun, Sunday Afolabi, Sunday Ehindero, Bode George, Akuforiji, Tinubu ati be be lo) and shamelly begging junor officers after planning kup (Diya and Abdulkarim Adisa). Wetin you wan tell?
Re: Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland? by ak47mann(m): 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
Don't mind these people always acting as if they are saint peter cool so that other group will think they are open minded.

3 yrs ago i send latest Nokia phones those ones that look like mini laptops then it was about 500 pound each, their was this Yoruba man call Banky he runs a shipping agent some one introduce me to him i gave him the phones pay for my shipment and the phone was in Nigeria in 3 days time, but my bro was so busy he didn't have time to pick it up,but he went 2days later to their office in Lagos next thing story enter the thing they claim they share the same warehouse with other people that those phones might have been stolen from one the workers from the other company, which they share the same warehouse.
This is how i lost those expensive phones and the worst thing is that i didn't collect receipt from Banky cos i want to tell myself to trust him for a change,but he show their true colours again.
I gave him heat he ran he didn't come back to his office the next day,i was looking for him i told my friend that brought him to me to find that guy or he will pay for those goods,he was eventually track down, even his workers were acting funny,any way when i finally cut up with him he brought one igbo guy to talk to me the igbo man told me to calm down and give him time or make arrangement for installmentally and he turn to Banky and said you see what am telling you if it was the other way now you will say igbo this igbo that now see what you have done, and i looked at Banky he was holding prescriptions from doctor to tell me he had heart problem,just trying to play emotional game.
He said that i should not worry that he even call his worker in Lagos that one was there saying on the phone that he will sacrifice lamb that shango will use thunder and strike the person bla bla bla, i said look man i don't care what you say i want my phone or money and when i my getting my doe?his reply was i should give him a week my bro since then i never see my phones and money i lost everything.
And i never mention these thing in any thread cos is like a personal thing i no if it was them they will open thread for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Name Is Adeyemi Adewale And I Want To Be The Governor Of Enugu. / A MUST READ / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.