Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man (41552 Views)

Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries / ONIKOLA Movie By Funmi Fiberesima: An Exposé On Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) / Join Funmi Iyanda Live Tomorrow On The Nta Network And Ltv 8 Between 9am -10am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Moukafoam(f): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2013
beryl04: [b][s]This is a post from way back and it makes an interesting read.God bless u BashiruB
Lets me contribute my two cents to this discussion. I hope you guys keep an open mind and respond politely if you wish. The issue of homosexuality is a complex yet it is not supposed to be so complex. Like they say, you cannot understand another man's situation if you have not walked in his shoes. And if you are heterosexual, you can never understand the struggles and experiences of a homosexual person. I just hope that you will try to put yourself in those shoes for a minute while you read this. The most important thing I want you to do is to keep an open mind and not equate homosexuality with just a intimate act. Afterall, when you think of heterosexuality, you dont think of sex. You think feelings, love, the need for human companionship and maybe sex down the line. But sex is not the building block. In the same vein, a 15 year -old boy may discover that he only has same sex feelings but he never actually engages in same sex activity all his life as he enters the priesthood. That doesnt make him any less gay. He was gay at 15 and he will be gay all his life. that he never engages in the a intimate act doesnt change who you are attracted to. Or do you think priests and reverend sisters and 12 year old kids are asexual? Ofcourse not. You may not be engaged in sex, but it doesnt mean you do not have a intimate orientation. Its either gay or straight. So please lets disentangle this discourse from intimate intercourse. Its about who you are drawn to emotionally, physically and spiritually.

First and foremost, I believe the cardinal bone of contention here is that most people find it had to believe that people are born gay. The real question is, Are people born heterosexual? If you believe that you were born heterosexual then do you think it is possible that some people were born gay? I want to assume that if you are straight that there was never a point in your life when you were attracted to both males and females; after which you then decided to choose the opposite sex. Did you ever get to make that conscious choice? I doubt it. Then why do you think that a gay person was given that choice by God? Why would anybody ever choose to be attracted to the same sex when he knows the price that he will pay in society? The risks are numerous- your family will disown you in a heartbeat, all your friends will abandon you and any hope for a real fulfilling future is gone; all because for no reason, you hit puberty and you discover that you are different.

If you are straight, you may not understand this. But I assume that if you are a guy that around the age of 11-12, you started becoming interested in girls. That is normal at puberty. Imagine if at that age you find yourself with no attraction whatsoever to the opposite sex, but only to your own sex. That is the reality of a gay person. You try to fight it. You try to go to all the church deliverances and say all the prayers and promise God everything if only he will just take it away- If only he will just make you normal. Believe me, that is the only prayer of gay people. You try hard to keep the secret and you also are afraid that if anybody finds out the secret, that you may be mobbed in a heartbeat. It is hard enough for a heterosexual teenage boy to stay focused in school and stuff because hormones are raging and you want to chyke guys and all. Imagine how much harder it is for gay people when you know that what you have is what Oscar Wilde called 'the love that dare not speak its name'. You can't tell anyone about it. You just live with your secret into your twenties. Some are bold enough to carry on with secret relationships with their peers just like their heterosexual mates are doing. Others torture themselves everyday because they cannot reconcile what they feel inside with what their religion and society has told them that they should feel. Its no wonder that the rates of teenage depression, suicide and all is so high. In the US, teenage suicide among gay teens is 7 times what it is in heterosexual teens- This means that for every 100 suicides among teenagers, more than 80 of these will be gay teens - usually those struggling to come to terms with their sexuality or experiencing rejection or discrimination from their friends and families. Do you think 14, 15 year old teenagers will want to kill themselves over something they could change? Think again. Do you know the kind of emotional turmoil that a gay person must be in to think that the best solution is to take your life and just escape this earth and its hardship? I'm sure you cant begin to imagine this. But like I said, try and walk in the homosexuals shoes for a minute because unless you can do this you will never understand his life experiences.

But then, you are a human being- with hormones and real feelings. Just like a 15 or 16 year old boy would see a girl in his class and like to 'toast' her, there also gay people who are surrounded by people that they are attracted to- but who they dont want to be attracted to. Its simple biology. Every human being has the capacity to love and be loved. But people do not control the sex they are attracted to. If you are straight and think it is a choice, I bet that If I offer you a billion dollars to turn gay, that you will not be able to. And by turning gay i mean that you will be genuinely attracted emotionally, psychologically, spiritually and then physically to someone of your same sex. Believe me, you cannot do it. Why? Because you were not born that way. It is the same way for people who are gay. They have tried and tried and begged God and done everything but it doesnt go away. Most importantly, most gay people do not have the natural attraction to the opposite sex - so what should they do? They just cannot connect emotionally, spiritually and physically to the opposite sex as they can to their own sex. Its plain and simple. It would be easier for some if they had a natural capacity to like both sexes- truly Bisexual people have that capacity and so they can swing both ways naturally. But for most gay people, they are forced by societal and religious pressure to go into heterosexual relationships that they are not naturaly equipped to go into.

In Nigeria, we dont even acknowledge the existence of homosexuality and so I'm sure that we may have no statistics on the magnitude of this issue. If we are to go by what the researchers say, 2-5 % of every population is gay. Every population means every population and not just Western population like we want to believe. In other accounts, this proportion is closer to 10%. This will mean that close to 15 million Nigerian are most likely gay. Gay people seem to be non-existent because in truth, heterosexuals are about 80-90% of people and they will always be the majority. Its just the way nature works. As the most populous black nation on earth, it also means that we have the highest concentration of black gay people on this earth. I am not saying this to alarm you, but it is just a reality of life and nature that will shock you probably because you may think that you dont know too many gay people personally. But then, who in his right sense will tell another person in Nigeria that he is gay. People just carry on with their secret affairs and pretend that everything is ok. We are a nation that is notorious for hidding things under the basket. [/s][/b]

You think you can convince people to accept that trash up there angry

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2013
Moukafoam:

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM PLEASE SHOW YOUR FACE IF YOU DARE grin

GAY IS NOT PART OF OUR CULTURE, YES WE HAVE SHORT COMINGS IN OUR TRADITION BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE SHOULD ADD GAY PRACTICE TO IT. GAYS; A VERMIAN IN OUR SOCIETY angry
Gay is not in your culture but stupidity and ignorance and corruption is!

Go home kid, you are drunk!

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by darnley16(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2013
Soo to you people now, people. Supporting gay people. Makes them gay Men. U guys are stupider than I thought, I'm support gays and. I'm as hell not one,,u doubt bring ur sis , I'll lay her down , and u'll regret, when u hear , u get hrt attack ur innocent sis opened her legs 4 me , u die, we bury u, I dance alingo at ur burial, I eat more jollof Than my average day, gays still live on, u burn in hell(cos I can tell God won't pat u on d head ) and say thx 4 prosecuting my children on earth. When u were even doing worse... HUH u FVCKTARDS

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Moukafoam(f): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2013
Johnpaul88: Gay is not in your culture but stupidity and ignorance and corruption is!

A kid that is older than you cheesy

All your attempts to destroy more youths have failed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by darnley16(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Johnpaul88: Gay is not in your culture but stupidity and ignorance and corruption is!

hahaha true bro , with his name sef ugo know sef na fool
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by darnley16(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2013

hahaha true bro , with his name sef ugo know sef na fool ,
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Moukafoam(f): 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
darnley16: hahaha true bro , with his name sef ugo know sef na fool ,

We will continue to shame you guys anywhere you go grin

*Anallovers* cheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by darnley16(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
Moukafoam:

We will continue to shame you guys anywhere you go grin

*Anallovers* cheesy
ohhh u be woman sef I don't discriminate but this time I will, remember when it was still a crime for women to talk in pUblic, yep just like how gay ppl are today... All over the world it was seen as disrespectful even d bible dosnt permit equality between men and women... It was an abomination 4 a woman to talk openly, so STFU and support ur gay brothers in d same shoes with u, since u both love dicks,hahahah or ure afraid they will take all d dicks from cumming in ur mouth bbe, aww don't worry u got us guys ,(chris rocks voice) we got u covered,,,
DiCK LOVER

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by gokuu(m): 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
Klinee: That funmi must be gay too! They would have arrest them and kill them now. Why do they allow those evil to escape now. They suppose to burn them alive. Welldone to NTA but they would have arrest the two gays and kill them.
if your son or daughter comes out to you that he or she is gay, would you also burn him or her alive?

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Donjazzy12(m): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
darnley16: ohhh u be woman sef I don't discriminate but this time I will, remember when it was still a crime for women to talk in pUblic, yep just like how gay ppl are today... All over the world it was seen as disrespectful even d bible dosnt permit equality between men and women... It was an abomination 4 a woman to talk openly, so STFU and support ur gay brothers in d same shoes with u, since u both love dicks,hahahah or ure afraid they will take all d dicks from cumming in ur mouth bbe, aww don't worry u got us guys ,(chris rocks voice) we got u covered,,,
DiCK LOVER
If your momma wa not a dick lover you will not be born grin

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are here because your momma loved dicks not pussy!

4 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Donjazzy12(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
gokuu:
if your son or daughter comes out to you that he or she is gay, would you also burn him or her alive?
They wont!
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by king94(m): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
Most of d comments here ar hilarious 2 say d least.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by darnley16(m): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Donjazzy12:
If your momma wa not a dick lover you will not be born grin

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are here because your momma loved dicks not pussy!
yeah thts what I mean ure a dick lover, a cute one at tht wink
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by gokuu(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Donjazzy12:
They wont!
''IF'' and how are you so sure? do you have a magic wand?
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by darnley16(m): 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
Donjazzy12:
They wont!
hahaha bro ure soo gay X) its cool tho smiley

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by peterphd(m): 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
Donjazzy12:
They wont!

Its not a matter of they won't.if they do would you burn them alive or stone them to death?

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Caseless: 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
GSKing:
Well...
something on ur siggy led me to gay stories. Are u gay?

*hates him/her already*
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by linda20: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
darnley16: [color=#990000][/color] yeah thts what I mean ure a dick lover, a cute one at tht wink

Omo see gay chyking! I am outta here
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Caseless: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
gokuu:
ALLAH, i go kill am. He wld find more peace dumping religion, than goin into 'homosexuality'. I'm too homophobic 2 co-exist with gays.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by umar745(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
I am proud of my homophobic views. Not that anybody asked.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by gokuu(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
caseless: ALLAH, i go kill am. He wld find more peace dumping religion, than goin into 'homosexuality'. I'm too homophobic 2 co-exist with gays.
strong words! you're not just homophobic, you're an extremist. at this point, there's no difference between you and boko haram members.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by nafiachi(m): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
Bro or sis, we all miss and wish that Nigeria we all had remains, I grew up in festac town 311 road to be precise, I had more than what u had narrated, we had olumba olumba's, juju guys, cele people, catholics, deeper life etc all of those people surrounding a Mallo hausa Muslims, it was the best form of childhood, and that is one thing I would always want every HUMAN BEIGN to experience.
That aside, I see no justification for the act of being GAY, please don't even go there.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Donjazzy12(m): 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
darnley16: [color=#990000][/color] yeah thts what I mean ure a dick lover, a cute one at tht wink

Sicko!
Stop embarrassing your parents here, they deserve better!
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by gokuu(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
Donjazzy12:
Shut up already! You make me sick!
finally, i struck a nerve. you've run out of vitriolic ideas. take a rain check and reflect on some of your narrow-minded extreme views. as a social LIBERAL who appreciates diversity, i'll do my best to spread the message of accommodation.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by darnley16(m): 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
Donjazzy12:
Sicko!
Stop embarrassing your parents here, they deserve better!
fvck tard she's a female.... Get it Gays are dick suckers gals are dick suckers too.... Fcking gay brain
,,, I wish I had been gay, I;ll say wht I wanna say and u can't do shit about it,,,,, I wonder why dem gays they fear una sef. See guy ah be confirm atheist, ah no belive in una God, go die u hear
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by king94(m): 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
gokuu:
finally, i struck a nerve. you've run out of vitriolic ideas. take a rain check and reflect on some of your narrow-minded extreme views. as a social LIBERAL who appreciates diversity, i'll do my best to spread the message of accommodation.
Conservatives take it p wen liberal ideas ar put 4ward.I'm liberal minded cos I don't tink within d box.I prefer 2 tink outsyd d box so dat I can see all d crap in d box.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by king94(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
darnley16: fvck tard she's a female.... Get it Gays are dick suckers gals are dick suckers too.... Fcking gay brain
,,, I wish I had been gay, I;ll say wht I wanna say and u can't do shit about it,,,,, I wonder why dem gays they fear una sef. See guy ah be confirm atheist, ah no belive in una God, go die u hear
na so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. / Mercy, Tacha, Mike, Seyi, Ike: 2019 BBNaija 5 Most Searched Housemates On Google / BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.